Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Tips on how to get Social Network, Patience and activity helps a bunch (Now with poll!)
Thread Usefulness
Is this thread useful? (Please share your reasoning in the thread)
Yes [ 63 ]  [88.73%]
No [ 3 ]  [4.23%]
Somewhat [ 5 ]  [7.04%]
Did I forget anything?
Yes, I'll tell you what right now. [ 2 ]  [2.82%]
No, I think you covered it. [ 60 ]  [84.51%]
Probably [ 9 ]  [12.68%]
Total Votes: 71
Guests cannot vote 

Gryphaena
post Jun 29 2015, 01:47 PM
Post #1

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

There's some people floating around trying to get the Achievement, so I thought I'd write a little thread.

I don't think there's been a Guide thread written for it.

If this is against the Rules in some way, I apologize.

Using tips from this list, user https://gpx.plus/user/Harribel was able to get Social Network in 10 days!

They made special use of PMing people who help with Social Network and being an active user.

Useful Hints

1. Be as active as possible. People will add you if you show yourself to be a dependable clicker.

Click the people on your PalPad and the people who added you before other lists. (suggested by Luneon)

2. Make friends on the Forums and Discord, some real networking.
Don't join Discord just for adds, though. There is a channel for GPX+ requests where asking for SN help is allowed.
Some people might add you. (suggested by Beausy)

3. Be patient about the achievement or actively work on it when you get close, whichever you think makes sense for you.

4. Do not add beg users who do not accept PMs about Social Network. You will be warned 10%. This is a Forum rule .

5. Take the opportunity if someone's Status says they accept PMs asking for SN help (and they have room). Read their Journal to see if they only add people with a certain number of adds. Tell them when you finally unlock the achievement so they can help someone else. (suggested by ROMANA)

For an easy way to find these people, click the "Networking Ninjas" banner in my signature and then scroll down until you see "Roster".

Click that and it will show you some people that accept PMs about Social Network. Be polite.

You can also search the "Users who have Social Network" list with the ctrl+f function using the keywords "PM for SN", "PM for SN help", "Social Network", or other permutations of the same.

You can also read their Journals to see if they do help but don't advertise in their Status.

6. Help other users get the achievement, you can get some adds that way as well.

Check the Online list or "Users who have been online today" list to see who else is trying for Social Network. Use ctrl+f and search for "SN" or "Social Network".

Here is one list you can use to see some people who do add-backs. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jkM...464&vpid=A1

7. Some people add just because they like your username, so if you can have a jazzy name, it can be worth it.

8. Use your status to keep track of how many adds you have, the closer you get, people will probably want to add you to help out. (suggested by Zapdos)

9. Clear out inactive people from your PalPad so you can help more people or just get more clicks. (suggested by springacres)

This is what I've got.

If you have more to add, fellow achievers of Social Network, please comment and I can update this. :]

Also, if this guide helped you out, comment here and let others know about it, please!

This post has been edited by Gryphaena: Mar 21 2020, 06:28 PM

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Gryphaena   Tips on how to get Social Network   Jun 29 2015, 01:47 PM
ROMANA   The only thing I'd add to that is, if you ask ...   Jul 6 2015, 06:00 PM
Gryphaena   QUOTE(ROMANA @ Jul 6 2015, 04:00 PM) The ...   Jul 6 2015, 09:05 PM
MaddyMazey   This helped me, and I didn't have to spend hou...   Nov 28 2015, 10:54 PM
Gryphaena   I'm glad I was able to help. :] You're wel...   Nov 29 2015, 12:15 AM
Gryphaena   If this thread isn't useful at all, I'd li...   Dec 13 2015, 11:21 AM
Jalakins   Thank you for this. It's very helpful!   Jun 13 2016, 11:48 AM
Gryphaena   Updated the guide with a little more elaboration f...   Jul 8 2017, 05:15 PM
yellowsofa   Will certainly take some of this into account. Tha...   Aug 6 2017, 05:54 PM
Gryphaena   You're welcome, yellowsofa! My poll now h...   Dec 13 2017, 11:23 PM
Gryphaena   I elaborated on hint number 6 to be more helpful. ...   May 27 2018, 07:54 PM
springacres   One other thing I'd suggest is to occasionally...   Jun 27 2018, 12:37 AM
Gryphaena   Ah, thank you, springacres! I'll be sure ...   Jun 27 2018, 06:41 PM
springacres   QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jun 27 2018, 06:41 PM) ...   Jun 28 2018, 12:17 AM
SunnyB007   Thanks for the suggestions guys..... I will surel...   Jan 5 2019, 10:27 PM
Gryphaena   Hello Sunny, thanks for voting in my poll, if the ...   Jan 5 2019, 10:50 PM
Stewen   Very helpful guide! I'm finally deciding t...   Nov 11 2019, 03:13 PM
Gryphaena   Thank you, Stewen! I hope more people who nee...   Nov 11 2019, 03:17 PM
Paparazzi   this is so helpful thank you!! since i add...   Nov 14 2019, 05:43 PM
Gryphaena   Hello Paparazzi, I'm glad I've made someth...   Nov 14 2019, 08:33 PM
Dango   added anyone in this thread who needs it   Feb 12 2020, 09:23 AM
Gryphaena   Updated hint #2 to include that the GPX+ Discord h...   Mar 21 2020, 06:33 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:38 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.