Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Gen V team
Ice Charizard
post Apr 8 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

weavile

Victini@ Life Orb
Victory Star
Timid (-Atk, +Spd)
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
-Searing Shot
-Thunder
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

This cute little guy is usually my lead, which is why I gave him Speed instead of bulk. Searing Shot is a very powerful STAB that deals with Jirachi. Thunder is to mess with any Gyarados that try to counter me (which happens very often). Focus Blast deals with Heatran as well as a bit more coverage, and Psychic helps with any fightings. And since my team is so weak to them, Psychic is much needed.

Life Orb if just for extra power, and Victory Star is why some of my moves have low accuracy. Timid is solely because of the extra speed. Victini in itself is pretty powerful, and with 100s for Base Stats all across the board, won't get wiped out by a breeze. In fact, 100/100/100 is pretty high. The type coverage of all these moves is pretty good.

However, Stealth Rock hurts. EQ hurts too. And Zoruack is becoming a problem, although a Focus Blast should take care of him once he's revealed.

Virizion @Leftovers
Justified
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Leaf Blade
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat

Virizion's main purpose in life is to Leaf Blade Swampert. SD is there to help with anything besides Swampert. Stone Edge is there for any Flying or Fire-types that would otherwise KO him. Close Combat provides STAB, power, and coverage.

Leftovers is just there because I couldn't think of anything else to put there. Adamant helps, since his Base Atk is only 90. Justified (an awesome ability name) lets Virizion switch into Dark attacks and hopefully sweep. His EVs are for maximum sweeping potential.

However, any unexpecting flying attacks, a Scarfed Heatran, and really anything with a good attack is giving me problems. I would switch him out for some bulk if not for Swampert.

Cobalion @ Air Balloon
Justified
Adamant (+ Atk, -SpA)
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Iron Head
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat

Cobalion mainly deals with Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp with Hidden Power (Ice). This also deals with the ever popular Gliscor. Hopefully, he switches into an Outrage with his mammoth Defense, and HP's them to kingdom come. Iron Head deals with Aerodactyl, and just a useful STAB move. Swords Dance boosts Cobalion's Attack to huge levels. Close Combat deals with Heatran, as well as powerful STAB.

Again, the EV's are for maximum sweeping potential. As well as the nature. The Air Balloon lets him switch into an EQ. Actually, Air Balloons are really annoying, especially to Gliscor (whom I switch into and HP Ice). Cobalion can switch into Dark Attacks even better than Virizion can, and abuse them better as well.

However, any fighting-types can put Cobalion out of commision. Any fighting moves can usually KO him as well, but with his high Defense it's harder. And if he is somehow burnt, it's over. Also, I've maxed out my Attack, and since Hidden Power is special, this may be a problem. In fact, I'm having trouble KOing a 4x weak Gliscor. Help?

Hydreigon@ Choice Specs
Levitate
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
64 HP/252 SpA/192 Spd
-Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf

Choice Specs Hydreigon is a beast. This person can punch holes in the opponent's team. Draco Meteor, at full power, can KO most things that it touches. Dragon Pulse if just Draco Meteor, weaker, and without the SpA drop. Surf and Flamethrower are just coverage, although Flamethrower is useful against Scizor/Forretress. Surf also takes care of Heatran, but I have a move doing that in every other Pokemon.

252 SpA for full sweeping potential, and 64 HP to make sure I don't fall as easy. The rest was just dumped into Speed. The Choice Specs boost the SpA to amazing levels, which is helped even more so by Modest. Levitate allows him to switch into EQ with ease. Hydreigon isn't really a counter to anyone specifically, besides Scizor and anyone who wants to set up Spikes and such. Skarmory, which would otherwise be a problem, is taken care of this. Venasaur, which I've seen a bit more of, is also 2HKO'd by Flamethrower (with Stealth Rocks).

Garchomp is a major issue, due to it's amazing speed. Especially in a sandstorm, although that's fortunately helped by Victory Star (which applies to the whole team).

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Sand Stream
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Superpower
-Crunch
-Pursuit

Tyranitar's main purpose in life is to set up sandstorm for Excadrill. However, once that is done, he isn't all bad. Stealth Rock because simply no one else has it. Superpower to deal with annoying Dark-types. Crunch to deal with Reinculus and Victini, as well as STAB. Pursuit to deal with anyone running away.

I made him Specially Defensive, because I don't have anyone else like that. He can also take a Psychic aimed at Virizion. Leftovers, becuase again I didn't know what else to put. Adamant to make sure my Attack isn't all pitiful. Any fightings at all can put him out of commission, which is why is usefulness is limited.

Any water, grass, EQ, etc. can take him out. Sadly. In my opinion, Tyranitar's usefulness has been severely cut in Gen V, but I need him for Excadrill. Speaking of which...

Excadrill@ Air Balloon
Sand Rush
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin

STAB EQ with massive Attack. What's not to like? Rock Slide for good coverage. Swords Dance to boost the Attack, although with not much bulk I really don't have time to set up. Since in a sandstorm he has such good Speed, Rapid Spin is a necessity.

Sand Rush to outspeed even Deoxys-S. Adamant for extra attack, although I might use Jolly to try to outspeed opposing Excadrill. The EVs are pretty self-explanatory. Excadrill mainly takes care of any rock or steel type. The Air Balloon helps against opposing Excadrill and pretty much anything with EQ.

Drought Ninetails and Drizzle Politoad are pretty annoying. Particularly Politoad. Ninetails is taken out with EQ, and I can always switch to Hydreigon and spam Flamethrower. Any Mach Punches also hurt, and since he can't always 1HKO a Machamp or something it may DynamicPunch him. Any bulky waters also get in his way, but are easily taken out by Virizion.

Overview-
I have a whole ton of Attack and almost no bulk. And fighting-types really hurt. If you have any suggestions, feel free to criticize. I was thinking that Jellicent could help, with pretty good Defenses and a secondary Ghost type. This would help much with my fighting problem. And Trick Room teams really blow my team apart.

I also need a physical wall, but none come to mind. Any suggestions?

This post has been edited by Ice Charizard: Apr 14 2011, 03:52 PM

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

toa tahu
post Jul 16 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 118 519

Active Squad

1. In terms of physical walls, Ferrothorn is probably the best one in OU. If I were you, I'd replace Cobalion with him.
2. Don't run Crunch AND Pursuit on one TTar set. Try Ice Punch.
3.Try using Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide on Excadrill.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:10 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.