Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Future Team, [Weavile] TAKE THAT RULES!
Reyo
post Jun 22 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #1

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 281

space team

Tyranitar

Item: ???

EVs: 252 ATT/252 Speed/6 hp

Nature: Adamant

Move Set:

Earthquake

Rockslide

Crunch

Fire Punch

Weaknesses: Water, Grass, Ice, Fighting and Bug

Personal Comments: Tyranitar is a MUST. His main purpose is going to be my LAST pokemon. He'll go out there when everyone (or almost everyone) else is dead. Everything except for flying, grass, and Bug would be effected by Earthquake and even those three would be effected by Rockslide. In cases where the Grass/Ice/Bug pokemon can withstand Rockslide...there's Fire punch.

Gengar

[b]Item: Life Orb

EVs: 252 SP ATT/252 Speed/6 HP

[/b]
Nature: Timid

Move Set:

Hypnosis

Focus Blast

Shadow Ball

Thunderbolt

Weaknesses: Ground (null), Ghost, Dark, and Psychic

Personal Comments: Gengar is also a must. I have 44 ghastlies in two boxes from when I was breeding my Haunter to have a Mild Nature AND know Hypnosis. He'll be my Ghost/Psychic/Dark type pokemon. Focus Blast is for normal type enemies, Shadow Ball will kill most everything else and Hypnosis will render the opponent unable to battle in case I need to switch out. Thunderbolt is there as another movetype in case I need it. And people, just because I have Hypnosis doesn't mean I will use it for EVERY opponent. I enjoy flooring the opponent with super effectives. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Hypnosis will be my back door when backed into a corner. NOTE: Ground is super effective against Poison which is why it's up there, but being a ghost pokemon makes that pretty much null and void.

Magmortar

[b]Item: Choice Scarf
[/b]
EVs: 252 SP ATT/252 Speed/6 HP

Nature: Modest

Move Set:

Flamethrower

Thunderbolt

Focus Blast

Psychic

Weaknesses: Water, Ground, and Rock

Personal Comments: I finally hathed a Magby with a MODEST nature. Don't ask how. I had to do some things I'm not proud of...Anyway, he's the Fire type pokemon. Nothing much else to say about this one, though I will say that the only reason I have so many move types is because of his weaknesses. Thunderbolt against water, Focus Blast against Rock, and Psychic...well...same as Thunderbolt for Gengar.

Ninjask

[b]Item: Focus Sash
[/b]
EVs: 50 SP DEF/252 HP/184 DEF/24 Speed

Nature: Jolly

Move set:

X-scissor

Swords Dance

Baton Pass

Substitute

Weaknesses: Fire, Ground, Rock, Electric, and Ice

Personal Comments: This will be the Baton Passer. What he'll do is use substitute to avoid attack and use Swords Dance/Baton Pass to transition into Tyranitar, my physical sweeper. He can even transition into Swampert (apparently) who can then put Stealth Rock into play.

Dusknior

EVs: 252 SP DEF/252 HP/6 Speed

Nature: Carefull

Moveset:

Pain Split

Will-o-wisp

Shadow Sneak

Ice Punch

Weaknesses: Ghost, and Dark

Personal Comments: The Special Wall. Geoffrey convinced me to have some walls on my team, so I'm stealing his idea of having a Dusknior. awesome.gif The Ice punch is there because I don't have any Ice type moves yet (that and it's a space filler).

Swampert

EVs: 252 DEF/252 HP/6 Speed

Nature: Impish

Move Set:

Earthquake

Hammer Arm

Waterfall

Stealth Rock

Weaknesses: Electric, Grass, Water, and Ice

Personal Comment:
MUDKIP! He's the physical wall (who knows nothing but attacks...mainly because he lacks in status enducing moves). He's got natural resistance to electric, what's not to love about that?

This post has been edited by Reyo: Oct 24 2009, 01:43 PM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Geoffrey
post Jun 22 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #2

The return of the Silver Knight
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 230

HG Team

First thing; make Ninjask your lead, and give him a Focus Sash. You might want to replace toxic with Protect as well. Give your Gengar a Life Orb instead of Wide Glasses, it will help you out a ton. Also... a speed raising nature for Gengar works better than a Sp.A raising one. So if you have a Timid, Hasty, or Naive Gastly hidden in your 44 boxes, use those ones instead. And I was just thinking; if you're gonna Baton Pass to Tyranitar, you may not want Choice Band, since it does lock you to one move... Finally, Swampert's moveset; Waterfall, EQ, Stealth Rock, Avalanche/Roar usually works.

Also, EVs?

--------------------
[align=center]
Proud FETO Player.[/align][spoiler=Claims and Credits]
I claim: :typhlosion: :scizor:
Credits to Arkeis.com for the Captain Falcon sprite.[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 22 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Geoffrey @ Jun 22 2009, 12:19 PM) *
First thing; make Ninjask your lead, and give him a Focus Sash. You might want to replace toxic with Protect as well. Give your Gengar a Life Orb instead of Wide Glasses, it will help you out a ton. Also... a speed raising nature for Gengar works better than a Sp.A raising one. So if you have a Timid, Hasty, or Naive Gastly hidden in your 44 boxes, use those ones instead. And I was just thinking; if you're gonna Baton Pass to Tyranitar, you may not want Choice Band, since it does lock you to one move... Finally, Swampert's moveset; Waterfall, EQ, Stealth Rock, Avalanche/Roar usually works.

Also, EVs?

The reason I have substitute was to replace Protect. All protect does is delay the inevitable. At least substitute stays in play untill the opponent attacks it. Protect is effective for all of one move and won't work the next time.

I can just EV train Gengar for his speed. I picked Mild because it raised SP ATT which adds on to the steriod enduced SP ATT that GEngars are supposed to have anyway.

The rest is ok, I can use that (I don't know a damn thing about these items.) Though I still have questions when it comes to EV training so I'm not going to post those up yet. I was thinking ATT/SPEED (Tyranitar), SP ATT/SPEED (Gengar), SP ATT/SPEED (Magmortar), DEF/SP DEF (Ninjask), SP DEF/ATT (Dusknoir), and DEF/ATT (Swampert).

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

Geoffrey
post Jun 22 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

HG Team

Understandable, although I suggest you then trade off Toxic for Aerial Ace or X-Scissor. Ninjask is meant to Pass, it won't need to hinder your opponent like that, which is also why you shouldn't EV it in Def and SpD. It's too fragile to take hits like that.

As for Gengar... the thing is that it's a pretty fragile Sweeper, so if something out speeds it, it's pretty much gone. It already has very high Sp.A, so it's really best to boost it's lower speed. If you really want, I have a Hasty Gastly you can have.

As for EVing, there are guides telling you how to do in on many sites. Try to google it. I'd try to teach you, both said guides will do a much better job than I can. And just a tip; Your walls should be EV'd in Hp, and there walling stat.

--------------------
[align=center]
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jun 22 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #5

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Ninjask really needs an attacking move. Its purpose is probably to just pass speed and attack, but what happens when you've got only one Pokemon left and he has no attacks? You lose. You are boosting your attack, so even a not-very-effective attack will still hurt. X-Scissor or Aerial Ace are the two best options. Also, Ninjask does need to be your lead. Stealth Rocks murders it badly. Focus Sash is also recommended, but I've used Leftovers before and it worked out fine.

I hope you're Baton Passing to Swampert too, since a fast Swampert is nearly unstoppable. Mega Punch has terrible accuracy and coverage. Avalanche should replace it, and Stealth Rocks support would seriously help your team.

Gengar also should have a +Speed nature. A lot of stuff outspeeds it now, and its power is worth nothing if it gets murdered before it can strike back. Hypnosis also has terrible accuracy. Explosion is way better for getting rid of a threat. I would recommend a Naive or Hasty nature just so Explosion's power isn't reduced.

I also don't think you should have Tyranitar on your team. No one benefits from it, and it slowly kills all your team members except for Swampert.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cube
post Jun 22 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Factory Head
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 693

PANE Party

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jun 22 2009, 02:44 PM) *
I also don't think you should have Tyranitar on your team. No one benefits from it, and it slowly kills all your team members except for Swampert.

That's the first thing I noticed. While Sandstorm is the most resisted of the damaging weather effects, it's still not a good idea to invoke it unless a good portion of your team can resist it. Otherwise you're forced to use leftovers to stay alive.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 22 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Geoffrey @ Jun 22 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Understandable, although I suggest you then trade off Toxic for Aerial Ace or X-Scissor. Ninjask is meant to Pass, it won't need to hinder your opponent like that, which is also why you shouldn't EV it in Def and SpD. It's too fragile to take hits like that.

As for Gengar... the thing is that it's a pretty fragile Sweeper, so if something out speeds it, it's pretty much gone. It already has very high Sp.A, so it's really best to boost it's lower speed. If you really want, I have a Hasty Gastly you can have.

As for EVing, there are guides telling you how to do in on many sites. Try to google it. I'd try to teach you, both said guides will do a much better job than I can. And just a tip; Your walls should be EV'd in Hp, and there walling stat.

Ok, I can live with this. Now is this Gengar both level one AND knows Hypnosis?

The only question I have for EVing is about the actual points. I know that there are somewhere around 500 points that a pokemon can have when it comes to EVing and those points are earned from battling pokemon. I can find out which pokemon provides which EV stat, but is the 500 points for the pokemon's ENTIRE lifespan up to level 100 or is that 500 points reset after the pokemon levels up (even if it's just from level 1 to 2)?

(Black Ice @ Jun 22 2009, 01:44 PM)
Ninjask really needs an attacking move. Its purpose is probably to just pass speed and attack, but what happens when you've got only one Pokemon left and he has no attacks? You lose. You are boosting your attack, so even a not-very-effective attack will still hurt. X-Scissor or Aerial Ace are the two best options. Also, Ninjask does need to be your lead. Stealth Rocks murders it badly. Focus Sash is also recommended, but I've used Leftovers before and it worked out fine.

I hope you're Baton Passing to Swampert too, since a fast Swampert is nearly unstoppable. Mega Punch has terrible accuracy and coverage. Avalanche should replace it, and Stealth Rocks support would seriously help your team.

Gengar also should have a +Speed nature. A lot of stuff outspeeds it now, and its power is worth nothing if it gets murdered before it can strike back. Hypnosis also has terrible accuracy. Explosion is way better for getting rid of a threat. I would recommend a Naive or Hasty nature just so Explosion's power isn't reduced.

I just noticed that it says "He'll be my starting pokemon" so I need to change that. I may have it where he's either my last resort pokemon (as in the other 4-5 are dead). And that's fine with Toxic, I wasn't all that sure what in the hell to put in that last slot. And who am I teaching Stealth rock to?

PS, I didn't notice that about Swampert.

EDIT: Could you delete that down there VV? It wouldn't let me quote both of you for some reason so I had to do a "doublepost/copy paste" thing. Thanks.

EDIT 2: Modified the post.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Jun 22 2009, 02:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jun 22 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #8

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

If I ever do get my WiFi back up and working I can get you a Timid Gastly with 31 IVs in Speed. I don't know if and when that could happen, though. Timid is better than Hasty if you don't plan on doing Explosion, since you won't have your defense lowered at the expense of your useless attack stat. It doesn't matter too much really since Gengar will pretty much die to any physical attack anyways, but there are times where the correct nature could've helped.

A better Pokemon for pulling off crazy sweeps after a Baton Pass is Marowak. If you replace anyone, replace Tyranitar. Give Marowak two speed boosts and one Swords Dance and he'll have a good chance of pulling 6-0. To give you a rough example of his power, one Swords Dance will give Marowak an attack stat of over 1000. Two speed boosts puts him up with ScarfTran (417 speed). That's faster than any non-scarf user, but 3 Speed Boosts almost guarantees a clean sweep, with it being faster than the likes of Scarf Flygon/Salamence and stuff. Crazy, huh? I used to do this all the time when I started competitive battles, then it got kinda boring. It should still work, though. Anyways, Marowak should have Thick Club, Adamant nature, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe EVs, Rock Head ability, and Earthquake / Fire Punch / Stone Edge / Double-Edge or Sing. If you can get it, Outrage will complete the Fire/Ground/Dragon type combo and should replace Double-Edge.

This post has been edited by Black Ice: Jun 22 2009, 05:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 22 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jun 22 2009, 05:46 PM) *
If I ever do get my WiFi back up and working I can get you a Timid Gastly with 31 IVs in Speed. I don't know if and when that could happen, though. Timid is better than Hasty if you don't plan on doing Explosion, since you won't have your defense lowered at the expense of your useless attack stat. It doesn't matter too much really since Gengar will pretty much die to any physical attack anyways, but there are times where the correct nature could've helped.

A better Pokemon for pulling off crazy sweeps after a Baton Pass is Marowak. If you replace anyone, replace Tyranitar. Give Marowak two speed boosts and one Swords Dance and he'll have a good chance of pulling 6-0. To give you a rough example of his power, one Swords Dance will give Marowak an attack stat of over 1000. Two speed boosts puts him up with ScarfTran (417 speed). That's faster than any non-scarf user, but 3 Speed Boosts almost guarantees a clean sweep, with it being faster than the likes of Scarf Flygon/Salamence and stuff. Crazy, huh? I used to do this all the time when I started competitive battles, then it got kinda boring. It should still work, though. Anyways, Marowak should have Thick Club, Adamant nature, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe EVs, Rock Head ability, and Earthquake / Fire Punch / Stone Edge / Double-Edge or Sing. If you can get it, Outrage will complete the Fire/Ground/Dragon type combo and should replace Double-Edge.

Does this ghasly know Hypnosis or is it female?
And unless you happen to have a few spare Cubones that I could have for breeding purpses, I'm keeping T-tar. I've grown used to his moveset since Crystal.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jun 22 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #10

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

I can get it Hypnosis and make it a female if you want. I can also breed a couple useable Cubones. Like I said though, I need to be able to get my WiFi up and running, which I haven't been able to do for almost two years now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 22 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jun 22 2009, 09:11 PM) *
I can get it Hypnosis and make it a female if you want. I can also breed a couple useable Cubones. Like I said though, I need to be able to get my WiFi up and running, which I haven't been able to do for almost two years now.

Don't sweat it then. I have a female Gastly with an everstone (Timid nature) breeding with another gastly who knows Hypnosis as we speak. That issue'll be resolved in no time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Geoffrey
post Jun 22 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

HG Team

... You know Gastly can learn Hypnosis on it's own, right?

--------------------
[align=center]
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jun 22 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #13

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

You would need a move relearner IIRC.

If you're using 4th generation games though, using the itemfinder applet (dunno its real name) will show you a lot of hidden items. I've gotten about 6 or 7 Big Mushrooms and a couple Heart Scales (look at beaches for these) just from random searches. I forget which ones are needed for 4th gen's move relearner.

Breeding is actually probably just as easy, though.

This post has been edited by Black Ice: Jun 22 2009, 09:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Geoffrey
post Jun 22 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

HG Team

True, just thought he should know.

This post has been edited by Geoffrey: Jun 22 2009, 10:01 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 22 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jun 22 2009, 09:47 PM) *
You would need a move relearner IIRC.

If you're using 4th generation games though, using the itemfinder applet (dunno its real name) will show you a lot of hidden items. I've gotten about 6 or 7 Big Mushrooms and a couple Heart Scales (look at beaches for these) just from random searches. I forget which ones are needed for 4th gen's move relearner.

Breeding is actually probably just as easy, though.

...if not easier. I find that breeding is easier than looking in all of the nooks and crannies of the Sinnoverse for heart scales and shards. Besides, when you breed your own, your gastly is fresh and ready for EV training. I hatched 2 timid natured gastlies with Hypnosis about 5 minutes ago anyway, so that's taken care of.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 29 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

space team

Hey, I hope you don't get pissed that I'm bumping this thread, but I need some updates from people.

First off, I need items.
I have the Focus Sash for Ninjask, but that's about it.
Also, I think, Geoffery, you were mistaken about life orb. HE's a special sweeper and has no need for an ATT boost.
The rest I need items for.

EVs. I've already EVd my Nincada for HP and DEF. It has 6 HP EVs and 50 DEF EVs. Should I rebreed?
NOTE: Nincada's a female, so I'm perfectly willing to rebreed for nature.

Here are my EVs as of now.
NINJASK: DEF/SP DEF
T-TAR: ATT/SPEED
GENGAR: SP ATT/SPEED
MAGMORTAR: SP ATT/SPEED
DUSKNIOR: SP DEF/HP
MUDKIP: DEF/HP

Nioncada's the only one I have EVs on right now. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Here's my reasoning for Ninjask's EVs. Baton Passing is a lengthy process. Not only will he need to use a move to protect himself, but he'll need some time to Swords Dance (maybe 5 or 6 moves). His speed will already be boosted since he's a Jolly NAture (that and he's a fucking Ninjask). His Attack would be boosted by Swords Dance. All that leaves is DEF and SP DEF, which would help him survive the 6-7 rounds it'll take him to Swords dance/Baton pass.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Jul 29 2009, 11:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jul 29 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #17

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

life orb raises both attack and special attack by 1.3x

hp is probably a better investment for ninjask. 252 hp, 184 defense, 24 speed, rest goes in special defense. 24 speed evs allows it to outspeed +nature boosted base 115 pokemon after a speed boost.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 30 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jul 29 2009, 11:57 PM) *
life orb raises both attack and special attack by 1.3x

hp is probably a better investment for ninjask. 252 hp, 184 defense, 24 speed, rest goes in special defense. 24 speed evs allows it to outspeed +nature boosted base 115 pokemon after a speed boost.

So what you're saying is:
252: HP
184: DEF
24: Speed
50: SP DEF?
(that's 510)

Ok on life orb...now how do I get one...

Though what about the other four? I guess I can give one of the walls leftovers, but the other would suffer. Is there a way to get 2 leftovers? If not, are there any compensation items like Shell bell or something?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jul 30 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #19

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

There's always the duplicating glitch.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 30 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jul 30 2009, 12:38 PM) *
There's always the duplicating glitch.

Does the duplicating glitch work on Platinum?
If so, what is it? dumblook.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:32 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.