Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
The Fabulously Finicky Forests of the Fortunate Families of Fidona.
Toogee
post May 19 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

OOC (click to show)

FUROH BLOG ENTRY #1

Riding the Red Liner

As I write this (I'm not near a computer at the moment), I am staring at the bluest ocean I have ever seen. It's practically black! This boat is so fast; we just passed a school of Sharpedoes! If only there were underwater windows...
I'm out on the deck of the
S.S. Red Liner, taking advantage of this cloudless sky. As some of you may know, the Red Liner is named after the legendary champion from Kanto, Red. He ended his rival's reign in a matter of hours, and the match itself took even less time! Of course, the color does the name justice too; it's like a newly waxed car finish. I wish we held the graduation party on this instead of the gymnasium. No old gym sock smell here!
I should be arriving at Fidona within the hour. Just a basic survey, but it's my first assignment, so I'm still excited grin.gif. I'll post pics later.

"Miss?"

Pan looked up from her journal to see a young waiter, just a bit older than herself. Dressed in what appeared to be a naval-themed uniform, he held out a chocolate milk shake, complete with a thick layer of whipped cream, large chocolate sprinkles and two red straws.

"Ooh, right here," Pan replied, pointing to the small table next to her lounge chair. As he set the drink down, he was being closely watched by the patron in the adjacent chair. Sitting on his own lounge chair, the bulbasaur kept his eyes on the waiter until he left his view. His attention then turned to his trainer, who leaned over to take a sip.

"Come on, Turnip! Try it!" Pan pleaded to the resistant bulbasaur. Turnip seemed to be the complete opposite of his fun-loving trainer: reserved and a bit grumpy. He eventually gave into her pleading look and sucked onto the straw. The rare but slight grin confirmed his pleasure, something that in turn pleased Pan. Together, both finished the shake quickly, leaving nothing but a few bits of sprinkles. Soon after, Pan stood up to get a better look at the boat. Turnip followed; though he would have prefered to take a nap, he also felt he had to watch his trainer, so he stood by her side, still looking around for suspicious activity.

The S.S. Red Liner wasn't nearly as large as the big cruise liners. Indeed, only 50 people were on board, including the crew of 15. What it lacked in size, it made up for in looks and speed. The paint job on the boat was a bright red, resembling that of a fancy car. Pan had to shield her eyes from the sunlight reflecting off the hull. This drew her attention to the symbols near the front of the hull: a white silohette of a flying charizard followed by the name of the boat, also white. Pan quickly drew her camera out of her pocket, aiming for a good shot of the hull. Through her lens, Pan also saw a small speck of land. She looked up; the journey was almost over (or rather, about to begin.) Forgetting about the picture, Pan ran back to the lounge chair (Turnip really wished she would stay in one place), grabbed her journal, and wrote one last thing:

It can be frightening, going to a new land. You don't know what is waiting for you. And yet, that's exactly what makes it so exciting. Who will you meet? What will you find? You just have to have more courage than fear, the courage to step onto the trail and never look back.

"That'll work," Pan said to herself, scratching out the previous final paragraph in her entry. She then put her belongings in her bag and walked towards the front of the boat (Turnip's annoyed grunts following her). With a slight grin on her face, Pan started humming a tune. It was nothing in particular; she just tried to keep a steady beat. She stood there, watching that speck of land called Fidona get bigger and bigger...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PKMN Center- Town of Fidona

The PKMN Center wasn't too far from the dock, so Pan wasted no time after arrival heading over to said center; she didn't even get a good look at the rest of town yet. The center was a modest-sized building, complete with a healing station, a lounge area of red couches and blue carpet, and a computer lab. The nurse was already busy with a line of customers; luckily, Pan didn't need healing services just yet. The lounge area had a few people in it, many of whom appeared to have slept there overnight. The computers within the lab were rather old, but they at least were able to get online. It was here that Pan was reading the latest correspondence from her advisor, Prof. Stone:

Pandora,

Glad to here you made to Fidona safe and dry. As for your assignment, my colleagues are telling that there are pokemon unique to Fidona, specifically a large number of bug species. Some photographs would be most appreciated.

In addition, there is a rumor of a giant tree somewhere in the forest area. It can't be seen in the tree line, possibly because it is in a particularly low lying land area. Investigate and report your findings.

Your stipend has been loaded to your debit card, in case you need further supplies.

Happy hunting!
Prof. Stone

Pan was happy to hear that she now had money to spend on supplies. If she didn't need them now, she would definitely need them before heading off to the mainland.

Pan looked behind her, towards the lounge area. On one of the red couches, Turnip was finally taking his nap. Pan logged off the computer and thought about joining him, but there was work to be done. She grabbed a Fidona map from a brochure table and headed for Turnip's couch. Once there, Pan opened the map and laid it on the plush blue carpet, then she too laid on the carpet on her belly, looking for the route to their next destination.

This post has been edited by 2gamers: May 19 2009, 09:22 AM

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
2gamers   The Fabulously Finicky Forests of the Fortunate Families of Fidona.   May 19 2009, 09:14 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   "Rio!" Jii enthusiastically shouted ...   May 20 2009, 01:39 AM
2gamers   Let's see, if I take the route north, that sho...   May 20 2009, 08:55 AM
Gespenst   A sigh. A story that starts with a sigh. A lone...   May 20 2009, 03:34 PM
Phoenix Sapphire   Alexis purred in content as the girl petted her he...   May 20 2009, 10:09 PM
2gamers   "Miss? What do I look like, an old lady?...   May 21 2009, 08:20 AM
Gespenst   So caught up in his musings was he that Thomas did...   May 22 2009, 04:26 PM
Phoenix Sapphire   Sapphire managed a low chuckle. "You can call...   May 23 2009, 01:01 AM
2gamers   "Yep, Kanto born and raised," Pan said w...   May 24 2009, 07:01 PM
Phoenix Sapphire   Sapphire listened closely to Pan's short histo...   May 25 2009, 03:14 AM
2gamers   "Well, the professor wants pictures of what k...   May 25 2009, 09:47 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Sapphire studied the map closely. Some of the rout...   May 27 2009, 02:01 AM
2gamers   "Really? I would love having another person a...   May 27 2009, 11:40 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   "Uh, ok," Sapphire said quietly as she a...   May 27 2009, 09:52 PM
2gamers   Turnip nodded to Jii, then extended a vine out of ...   May 28 2009, 10:15 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   OOC (click to showhide)Is Gespenst going to reply?...   May 29 2009, 09:30 PM
2gamers   OOC (click to showhide)Check the discussion thread...   May 30 2009, 08:48 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   OOC (click to showhide)He says he's back now. ...   May 31 2009, 01:18 AM
2gamers   Pan stopped scratching Jii so she could observe he...   May 31 2009, 08:50 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph cautiously entered the hut. Even if she kinda...   Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM
2gamers   Before entering, Pan first took off her boots. Yea...   Jun 1 2009, 12:01 PM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph nodded as she finished her soup. Sighing in c...   Jun 1 2009, 09:51 PM
2gamers   "First time? I don't believe that for one...   Jun 2 2009, 09:24 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph mulled over Pan's words for a minute. In ...   Jun 2 2009, 09:50 PM
2gamers   "Alright, let's roll!" Pan slid ...   Jun 3 2009, 11:53 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph shrugged. She had really never been in the fo...   Jun 3 2009, 09:50 PM
2gamers   Pan looked around as they entered the forest. She ...   Jun 4 2009, 09:45 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Once Aidan was safely on Saph's shoulders, Sap...   Jun 4 2009, 10:10 PM
2gamers   Pan looked to the quivering bush, taken completely...   Jun 5 2009, 10:34 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Jii calmly nodded once and handed Pan one of the w...   Jun 5 2009, 09:57 PM
2gamers   "This might sting a little," Pan said, p...   Jun 6 2009, 09:05 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph held her breath as Pan washed her injury, man...   Jun 7 2009, 12:43 AM
2gamers   In response to Saph's excuses, Pan also starte...   Jun 7 2009, 09:44 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   "Er...no," Saph replied shyly. But it us...   Jun 8 2009, 12:30 AM
2gamers   After observing the outcome, Pan concluded, ...   Jun 8 2009, 10:56 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph nodded once and began to follow Pan, casting ...   Jun 8 2009, 10:27 PM
2gamers   CLICK CLICK CLICK As the two continued onward, Pa...   Jun 9 2009, 02:26 PM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph was looking around, interested, as Pan took a...   Jun 9 2009, 10:26 PM
2gamers   Pan headed towards the open area, which consisted ...   Jun 10 2009, 01:29 PM
Phoenix Sapphire   Saph sat down on the grass as Jii put down his loa...   Jun 10 2009, 08:58 PM
2gamers   Jii sucessfully pulled out the culprit, a pachiris...   Jun 11 2009, 11:33 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Jii stepped back at the force of the attack, and c...   Jun 11 2009, 08:32 PM
2gamers   After being released from the riolu's grasp, t...   Jun 12 2009, 09:55 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   "Rio Riolu!" Jii grinned triumphantl...   Jun 13 2009, 05:43 AM
2gamers   Pan looked at her two other pokemon as Turnip join...   Jun 13 2009, 10:53 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   "I must admit it is kind of fun," Saph s...   Jun 14 2009, 04:12 AM
2gamers   "Hm, being a grass type, I'd say it is sl...   Jun 14 2009, 10:10 AM
Phoenix Sapphire   Since the night was dark, it was nearly impossible...   Jun 19 2009, 07:38 AM
2gamers   "Usually, mothers are close by, watching thei...   Jun 19 2009, 03:11 PM
2gamers   OOC (click to showhide)Due to inactivity, I have d...   Jul 19 2009, 03:08 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:16 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.