Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New server, domain, and forum restructuring
pumpkinking0192
post Sep 13 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #101

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lilium Alice @ Sep 12 2015, 07:25 PM) *
Well I can access both the forums and the main site form the desktop now. I was able to do this by going to the properties of my network connection and unchecking the option for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then clearing ALL of my browsing data in Chrome since it is the one I use. Once that was done I retyped the new site address and it showed up properly. (Note: Re-enabling the IPv6 setting on the connection properties and trying to access the site again caused the message to show up again until I disabled it and cleared the browser once more.)

I decided to try this because a quick peak at the entry for gpx.plus in my dns showed that it was the only connection that had two separate entries, one for IPv6 (AAAA Record) and one for IPv4.

This fixed the problem for me as well. Thanks!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kijame
post Sep 13 2015, 03:38 AM
Post #102

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 928

Pokemon Sapphire Team

Thank you, Lilium Alice! Almost 48 hours later I can finally access GPX+ without a proxy! And use my mobile walker again! Amazing!

And never in a million years would I have thought that IPv6 would have anything to do with it.

--------------------
~ I probably won't post much (or at least not in areas where it increases my postcount). ~
~ I'm just here for GPX+, ~
~ You may also find me on other sites under the same name, mainly UniCreatures & ClickCritters. ~

+Quote Post

Vande
post Sep 13 2015, 03:55 AM
Post #103

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

How do you do the fix in Windows 8.1?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aragarthiel
post Sep 13 2015, 04:00 AM
Post #104

GPX's resident Arcanine fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 889

My Favehs

QUOTE(Vande @ Sep 13 2015, 04:55 AM) *

This is how I managed it:
From the Start menu, type in IPv6, change the option above the search bar from "Everywhere" to "Settings," then click "View network connections." Click the connection you're using, then at the bottom it'll say "Properties," likely with the little administrator shield thingy next to it. Under "Networking," scroll down and you'll see Internet Protocol Version 6, uncheck that box and make sure Internet Protocol Version 4 is checked.

If anything's unclear, let me know and I can PM you screenshots to help.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dario2
post Sep 13 2015, 05:36 AM
Post #105

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 105 428

Active Squad

The Notifier doesn't seem to be working for me.I've tried removing and re-adding it(through the Google store,since I forgot where I got it on the main site),but it still doesn't work.Is this a bug or is the Notifier connected to the old site?
+Quote Post

DarkMoonKnight
post Sep 13 2015, 08:43 AM
Post #106

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 106 521

Surf and Shadow

QUOTE(Aragarthiel @ Sep 13 2015, 04:00 AM) *

From the Start menu, type in IPv6, change the option above the search bar from "Everywhere" to "Settings," then click "View network connections." Click the connection you're using, then at the bottom it'll say "Properties," likely with the little administrator shield thingy next to it. Under "Networking," scroll down and you'll see Internet Protocol Version 6, uncheck that box and make sure Internet Protocol Version 4 is checked.

I appreciate your posting that. it helped me be able to access the site on my laptop finally.
+Quote Post

Vande
post Sep 13 2015, 09:00 AM
Post #107

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

QUOTE(Aragarthiel @ Sep 13 2015, 10:00 AM) *

Hugs you with massive kitty paws!

That worked for me grin.gif

Jen - this person needs to win something this month!

This post has been edited by Vande: Sep 13 2015, 09:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Layn
post Sep 13 2015, 09:46 AM
Post #108

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 353

Active Squad

QUOTE(Aragarthiel @ Sep 13 2015, 05:00 AM) *

Thank you for the advice, but I would rather have access to the improved address functionality and security features of IPv6. Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon. This isn't really a fix. Apparently the new server is not adequately set up to handle the latest form of ip addresses and security?
+Quote Post

ChibiNinja
post Sep 13 2015, 02:01 PM
Post #109

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 120

Active Squad

I would also like to note that in addition to being more of a 'band-aid' and not a 'fix', this method doesn't the problems other than repeated log-out or that nginx error thing.

The desktop is still completely unusable for me - aside from the forums, obviously - and besides the fact the there's a lot you can't do on the mobile version, I don't have a practical way of accessing the mobile version.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 13 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #110

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

We've modified our DNS zone which should clear up the IPv6 issue mentioned earlier, however it may take some time for the updated DNS to propagate to your individual networks/computers.

If you followed the earlier advice of disabling IPv6 on your computer, we recommend you follow the steps you took and re-enable it within the next 48 hours to be on the safe side, since it shouldn't cause issues with our site going forward.

Simply put: if you're currently experiencing the "nginx" splash page, this should hopefully clear up automatically for you soon.

Everything should go back to running how it used to. We still have to fix the mobile site's index, though.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Sep 13 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #111

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

Thanks for that, Zerx. There is still a few other things wrong around the place (most notably the Notifier), but I'm sure I don't need to tell you about any of them. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Champion Garrett
post Sep 13 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #112

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 147 808

Active Squad

As of today, the mobile site minus the index works fine on Google Chrome, but on Safari it's stuck at the login page. And the login box doesn't show up; just a blank page with GPXPlus Mobile's header.
+Quote Post

Zynn
post Sep 13 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #113

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 504

Master Common Sense

Thanks for all the work you've done for us. happy.gif

I just have another question: Until the Index page is fixed, would there possibly be another way to access the main site from a mobile device? I'm currently using an iPad, with either Google Chrome or Safari, and each time I try to access the Main site it automatically redirects to the Mobile site.

If not, I understand. What worries me mostly is that I can't unlock pokemon from my party. For example, I hatched a Sh. Misdreavus for the SWSH, and I can't move her anywhere yet. I also have my settings adjust to lock in anything with over 140 IVs, which means that eventually I could be party locked. sad.gif

Sorry to fuss so much. I really do appreciate everything done to help. This game has become rather addicting, which shows how well you've all done. happy.gif Thank you again in advance!

--------------------
If you happen to read this, clicks are always appreciated & returned. Thanks! wave.gif

Lovely Flalavoir & Lasolia Sprites made by Bonnie Clyde. Follow Flalavoir to her Sprite Boutique!
Beautiful Avatar & Banner made by Cycloneblaze in....

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 13 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #114

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

To access the full site from a mobile device, click this URL: http://gpx.plus/mob/1

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Joeypals1
post Sep 13 2015, 08:02 PM
Post #115

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 197 450

Active Squad

Another little thing I wanna note that I've seen is that the rankings aren't uploaded yet (all read 0). I know it's not the most important thing in the world, especially when you compare it to the mobile site, but it is something I've seen I just wanted to make a note of.
+Quote Post

Zynn
post Sep 13 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #116

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 504

Master Common Sense

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Sep 13 2015, 04:40 PM) *
To access the full site from a mobile device, click this URL: http://gpx.plus/mob/1

THankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

Oooooo thank you soooo much! love.gif love.gif love.gif You are the ultimate Bug Squasher!!

--------------------
If you happen to read this, clicks are always appreciated & returned. Thanks! wave.gif

Lovely Flalavoir & Lasolia Sprites made by Bonnie Clyde. Follow Flalavoir to her Sprite Boutique!
Beautiful Avatar & Banner made by Cycloneblaze in....

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 13 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #117

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Zynn @ Sep 13 2015, 08:03 PM) *

Oooooo thank you soooo much! love.gif love.gif love.gif You are the ultimate Bug Squasher!!

Haha, you're welcome. That's the page the mobile index links you to when it asks if you want to view the full site instead, so the page always existed, I'm just linking you all for easy access!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Layn
post Sep 13 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #118

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 353

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Sep 13 2015, 09:10 PM) *
QUOTE(Zynn @ Sep 13 2015, 08:03 PM) *

Haha, you're welcome. That's the page the mobile index links you to when it asks if you want to view the full site instead, so the page always existed, I'm just linking you all for easy access!

Yay, fixed site!
I hardly ever check gpx on my computer anymore, because I'm out and about so often now.
+Quote Post

Fate Fortune
post Sep 13 2015, 09:32 PM
Post #119

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 85 923

Favorites

Just to ask this:
Should one not have a computer to login with, the mobile site keeps denying access. I've tried a few days now to log on to my GPX account, only to be shut out with "an error has occurred" messages. I've tried to go directly to the regular account site, yet it redirects straight to the mobile page, which ends in error.

Is there something still being updated on the servers that prevents a mobile login on a phone or such device? Or is there some trick that I'm missing? I would appreciate anything.

--------------------
.you're guilty all the same.
.too sick to be ashamed.
.you want to point your finger.
.but there's no one else to blame.
.you're guilty all the same.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 13 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #120

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Fate Fortune @ Sep 13 2015, 09:32 PM) *
Just to ask this:
Should one not have a computer to login with, the mobile site keeps denying access. I've tried a few days now to log on to my GPX account, only to be shut out with "an error has occurred" messages. I've tried to go directly to the regular account site, yet it redirects straight to the mobile page, which ends in error.

Is there something still being updated on the servers that prevents a mobile login on a phone or such device? Or is there some trick that I'm missing? I would appreciate anything.

I just did a test on my iPhone and was able to log in. When I visited gpx.plus on my phone, it presented the login form. I logged in, and it wound up displaying the login form again, however I was actually logged in. You can verify this by tapping the top-left icon and switching pages (don't choose the "Index" right now since that page is temporarily broken).

To access the full site instead, visit this full URL directly: http://gpx.plus/mob/1 -- you can then log in from here, if you are not already.

If you are hit with an error message as soon as you try to load the mobile site on your phone, it's possible you're already logged in and are just hitting the "Index" page which is broken. Instead, try going directly to another page, such as: http://m.gpx.plus/#lab

I did not receive an error message while logging in, so I hope that helps.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:11 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.