Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Touhou Series, The talk on touhou
pikazapper
post Feb 16 2012, 08:59 AM
Post #41

The Pikachu Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 25 966

Teh Faves

So, I started back on Double Spoiler, and after 3 or 4 days of constant fails, I finally unlocked Hatate.
Then I went back to Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, and beat it on Normal with ReimuB for the first time! Now I gotta practice on Flandre. The farthest I got was to her Taboo "Kagome, Kagome" spell. Oh well... practice makes perfect. I guess I should start by finding a way to survive through Patchy's Sun Sign "Royal Flare" and Five Elements Sign "Philosopher's Stone" spells too.

--------------------

Groups (click to show)
Personality Quizzes (click to show)
Friend Codes & Other Stuff (click to show)
*Rotating avatar made possible by Zerxer's randimg website.*
- Links - - DeviantArt - - YouTube - -
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Feb 26 2012, 09:10 PM
Post #42

I can whistle all the way home~
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 870

Active Squad

Flandre, oh man...

I haven't been playing too much Touhou, sadly. Played SWR a bit but haven't really touched EoSD. I want to download Double Spoiler, PoFV, and maybe UNL and I should be good for a while. I just want more to play! =P

As for Touhoumon, two Touhou of mine are dead. I died inside. ;__;

EDIT: I can't download PoFV! :c

WinRAR is saying that parts 3 and 4 of the extracting process are corrupted. I can get the JP version running... barely. Plus there's no music. Please help!

(EoSD is still saving though =P)

This post has been edited by Kirbyfan66: Feb 27 2012, 06:51 PM

--------------------
-VG Mania- -The Final Frontier-

Will work on getting better text for the signature...
+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Feb 27 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #43

Gogoat Gadget Rocket Hooves!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 156 407

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Feb 26 2012, 08:10 PM) *
Flandre, oh man...

I haven't been playing too much Touhou, sadly. Played SWR a bit but haven't really touched EoSD. I want to download Double Spoiler, PoFV, and maybe UNL and I should be good for a while. I just want more to play! =P

As for Touhoumon, two Touhou of mine are dead. I died inside. ;__;

EDIT: I can't download PoFV! :c

WinRAR is saying that parts 3 and 4 of the extracting process are corrupted. I can get the JP version running... barely. Plus there's no music. Please help!

(EoSD is still saving though =P)

I tried out the links for the parts, too, and it looks like you're going to have to wait until someone uploads a working link to those parts.

BTW I got a bud of mine from SPPf into the Touhou spirit! Yay! I felt so happy for teaching him about Touhou! smile.gif

--------------------

Do do-do do-do Inspector Gogoat! Do do-do do-do do dooo! Go-Goat Gadget Rocket Hooves!
Groups Currently Joined (click to show)
GWSH Ribbons (click to show)
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Feb 28 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Active Squad

The only thing I can think of is that if someone here has it, we can try to set up Dropbox, or something. If anyone would mind, of course.

And awesome, great job getting someone else into Touhou. I got a bunch of people into the music, especially SWR's (which happens to be my favorite Touhou soundtrack, too~).

While trying for PoFV, I managed to download Perfect Cherry Blossom, and I'm having fun with it. On my first go I managed to make it to Alice with Marisa B. Guess we'll see how much further I can get today!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Feb 28 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

I still have the WinRAR archive for PoFV, but I've never heard of this Dropbox method.

--------------------

Do do-do do-do Inspector Gogoat! Do do-do do-do do dooo! Go-Goat Gadget Rocket Hooves!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Feb 29 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Active Squad

I'll PM you about Dropbox, as it's really unrelated to Touhou in general.

Been playing EoSD and PCB a lot, myself; gonna download Imperishable Night and Double Spoiler sometime soon, likely tomorrow. PCB is tons of fun and I simply love the look of it. I wish Flandre would come back, though. ;_;

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Feb 29 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Feb 29 2012, 05:09 PM) *
I'll PM you about Dropbox, as it's really unrelated to Touhou in general.

Been playing EoSD and PCB a lot, myself; gonna download Imperishable Night and Double Spoiler sometime soon, likely tomorrow. PCB is tons of fun and I simply love the look of it. I wish Flandre would come back, though. ;_;

Yeah, it sucks that Flan-Flan's only appearances were EoSD and StB. IN is up there as one of my favorites along with EoSD, MoF, TD... :P

This post has been edited by SoMaPoKiTo: Mar 2 2012, 04:46 PM

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Mar 1 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Active Squad

Downloaded IN yesterday, and it's easily my favorite mainstream game of the series so far (as a big fan of fighters, SWR is my favorite game in the series; helps that it has one of my favorite overall soundtracks ever). On my first attempt I actually made to Udonge (Reisen)! Marisa/Alice is a very funny duo, might I add.

Haven't really gotten any farther than Reisen, though. Still an amazing game. EoSD has a few things that the others don't, but I think PCB and IN (especially IN) have more going for them. The look of the games are incredible, especially PCB and IN.

Still love EoSD though~

As for Flandre, if there's a new fighter (or at least a game that returns the focus to the Scarlet Mansion, seriously I love the residents of that place) Flandre needs to be in it. Someone should ask ZUN about her! =P

This post has been edited by Kirbyfan66: Mar 1 2012, 04:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

pikazapper
post Mar 1 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #49

The Pikachu Trainer
Group Icon

Teh Faves

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Mar 1 2012, 03:58 PM) *
As for Flandre, if there's a new fighter (or at least a game that returns the focus to the Scarlet Mansion, seriously I love the residents of that place) Flandre needs to be in it. Someone should ask ZUN about her! =P

I agree, Flandre is one of my favorite characters in the series, and needs to be brought back. It's a shame that, with as popular as she is, she only appears in The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Shoot the Bullet. Flan definitely belongs in one of the fighters. I can only imagine the possibilities for her attacks.

I've managed to figure out how to get past Patchouli's Royal Flare spell, but her Philosopher's Stone spell sometimes gives me trouble. The farthest I've made it was to the non-spell before her Forbidden Barrage "Counter Clock" spell. Most of the time, I have trouble with her Taboo "Maze of Love" spell. As simple as it is (basically just going in circles) I still manage to screw up on it. Oh well, I've still got a ways to go... time for more practice!

--------------------

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Mar 2 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Active Squad

Sometimes, the most simple of spells are the hardest to avoid. I remember Patchy having some tricky things to avoid.

Really, the only boss I know how to avoid 100%, pretty much, is Wriggle in IN (excluding SWR spell cards, which are... insanely tame compared to the Danmaku ones). Even the Last Spell card I can get past.

Flandre is probably the only Extra Boss who I think would make a very good playable character. She's been locked up in a basement for over 495 years. Should she escape, she'd make a great villain contrast character; Reimu, Marisa, and the like could be the opposition and Flandre could be THE EVIL. Should a new fighter come out I'd prefer to see her in one of those, but I digress.

--------------------

+Quote Post

pikazapper
post Mar 2 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #51

The Pikachu Trainer
Group Icon

Teh Faves

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Mar 2 2012, 06:18 PM) *
Sometimes, the most simple of spells are the hardest to avoid. I remember Patchy having some tricky things to avoid.

Really, the only boss I know how to avoid 100%, pretty much, is Wriggle in IN (excluding SWR spell cards, which are... insanely tame compared to the Danmaku ones). Even the Last Spell card I can get past.

Flandre is probably the only Extra Boss who I think would make a very good playable character. She's been locked up in a basement for over 495 years. Should she escape, she'd make a great villain contrast character; Reimu, Marisa, and the like could be the opposition and Flandre could be THE EVIL. Should a new fighter come out I'd prefer to see her in one of those, but I digress.

I know what you mean. I can usually get through the first three levels of EoSD on Normal without losing a life (and sometimes, without bombing) but Patchy usually costs me a life or two, and then Sakuya usually costs me the rest (oddly enough, the Spell that gets me is Conjuring "Misdirection" that she uses as a midboss in Stage 5).

Wriggle does land high on the list of easy bosses (for me, along with Cirno in EoSD, Alice in PCB, and Kogasa in UFO) although I do have the occasional derp moment where I get Wriggle Kicked. IN is one of my favorite games in the series.

Flan escaping would make a great scenario for a game. Although it would be pretty awesome to play as her in a shooter. You'd think with as destructive as she is, she'd have already been in more of the official games. I think she has lots of potential as a character, whether it's in a shooter or a fighter.

This post has been edited by pikazapper: Mar 2 2012, 08:41 PM

--------------------

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Mar 2 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Active Squad

I really don't have any problems in EoSD until I get to Patchy, as well (or at least Stage 4). I've beaten Sakuya... once? I don't think I've beaten Remelia, but I've gotten to her!

As I said in a different post, I'm a big fan of the residents in the Scarlet Devil Mansion in general; any chance I get to play as Sakuya, Remelia, Patchy, etc. I do. Funny enough, on my Touhoumon Nuzlocke runthrough, I managed to catch both Flandre and Remelia. =P

I did look into it, and apparently in the popularity poll that took place less than a week ago, Flandre got sixth place. U.N. Owen Was Her got second for the music. PLEASE BUT FLANDRE IN ANOTHER GAME, ZUN ;_;

IN is also one of my huge favorites, easily my favorite of the Danmaku games so far. Marisa/Alice duo all day, every day~

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Mar 5 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

OK, I decided to play Lotus Land Story again just to see how far I'd go after some time of not playing it in a while. So anyways, I get to Stage 6...O_o...and I'm battling Yuka again. Don't you just hate it when pressure gets to you, and you make stupid mistakes or get hit by the edge of a bullet? Well, because of this, I lost 4 lives in stage 5, and I ended up losing the rest in stage 6. I can't even BEGIN to tell you how much I raged when I lost my last life! The bullet must've JUST TAPPED the hitbox, and I was ALMOST about to beat Yuka!!! All I could see was just a SMIDGEN of her bar left!!! So close, man! So close... crying.gif

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Mar 7 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Active Squad

I've cracked so many times when playing IN and PCB. Oddly enough I only seem to crack on Sakuya in EoSD and nobody else. Now, losing tons of lives to Remilia and Flandre have nothing to do with cracking, but still...

The only thing I really know about Lotus Land Story is that Marisa's Theme is Casket of Star, which is (easily, might I add) my favorite tune in the entire Touhou series. SWR version, aw yeah~

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Mar 7 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Mar 7 2012, 01:42 PM) *
I've cracked so many times when playing IN and PCB. Oddly enough I only seem to crack on Sakuya in EoSD and nobody else. Now, losing tons of lives to Remilia and Flandre have nothing to do with cracking, but still...

The only thing I really know about Lotus Land Story is that Marisa's Theme is Casket of Star, which is (easily, might I add) my favorite tune in the entire Touhou series. SWR version, aw yeah~

SWR's version is my favorite version of Casket of Star, too. Well, LLS is where Reimu's theme Maiden's Capriccio originates (Maiden's Capriccio~Dream Battle adds onto the original), and LLS is also Yuka Kazami's debut. And have you heard of the theme "Bad Apple!!"? It's the Stage 3 theme in LLS. Also, Touhou EWI #26 is based off of Stage 4's theme, Alice Maestra (no, Alice doesn't debut in this one; MS is her debut :P).

Although I have 1CC'd IN a few times on Normal, the mess-ups usually start at Stage 4/Boss, though I feel I have a little less trouble with Stage 5/Boss. Then Stage 6 is a bit of a breeze if you know what to do, but then you have the Boss...who makes lives drop if you're not careful.
As for PCB, ~Stage 4/Boss and Stage 5 Midboss are where I start getting caught, and the lives drop from there...

EDIT: I was hoping to post this last night, but my internet connection's an a**...anyhoo...
I actually 1CC'd LLS with Reimu A! And with two extra lives left! Then I tried again with Marisa A, and I 1CC'd with two extra lives left again! (despite the hellish time I had with Reimu as the Stage 4 Boss, though it was my first time battling her as the Stage 4 Boss...still, BSing away 4 of my lives like that is frowned upon, Reimu... -_-.gif )

This post has been edited by SoMaPoKiTo: Mar 8 2012, 04:25 PM

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Mar 8 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Active Squad

SWR in general has amazing music. I wound up doing a Top 100 pieces of VGM (took me three straight weeks; was all that was on my mind, essentially) and SWR got a lot of spots. Hell, two SWR tunes got on said list (Doll Maker got #8 and Casket of Star got... well, #1!). Helps that the game itself is tons of fun.

I did manage to beat IN with Marisa/Alice on Normal; got to Stage 4 or 5 with Sakuya/Remilia. Having to hold down Shift to be Remilia was annoying, but I do like Sakuya, so I didn't fret too much. I like Alice too, but Marisa~

As for PCB, sad to say the furthest I've ever gotten on that game was the Stage 4 Boss (Prismriver Sisters, loved the music). I only played it once or twice before going to IN. EoSD... I've beaten Remilia ONCE and Flandre ZERO. =P

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Mar 9 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

I'm thinking it's time to start Lunatic on LLS; I 1CC'd with 5 extra lives left, the most with which I've ever finished on any of the games. thrust.gif

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Mar 13 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Active Squad

>Last reply March 9

I've been missing out! noes.gif

Been mostly playing Imperishable Night and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody; I'd like to try PoFV but I'm not sure when that issue is going to be fixed with parts 3 and 4 of the WinRAR files. SWR and IN are good enough to keep me hooked, though!

Oh yeah, I did play EoSD a few times. I keep dying to Remilia. :c

EDIT: PoFV is working again (apparently), YES GET HYPED~

This post has been edited by Kirbyfan66: Mar 13 2012, 07:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inspector Gogoat
post Mar 14 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Woo, Parties!

QUOTE(Kirbyfan66 @ Mar 13 2012, 06:57 PM) *
>Last reply March 9

I've been missing out! noes.gif

Been mostly playing Imperishable Night and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody; I'd like to try PoFV but I'm not sure when that issue is going to be fixed with parts 3 and 4 of the WinRAR files. SWR and IN are good enough to keep me hooked, though!

Oh yeah, I did play EoSD a few times. I keep dying to Remilia. :c

EDIT: PoFV is working again (apparently), YES GET HYPED~

Awesome, have you gotten to play PoFV? Cause there's this thing about renaming the folder to prevent the game from crashing...idk if it's been fixed or not, but be careful of that.

I beat LLS with both Reimu and Marisa using both of their shooting styles! Seeing that I'm pretty much raping Normal mode (Awesomesauce), I will go ahead and jump to Lunatic for the lulz! :33333

Also, it's a wonderful day for Pi~

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kirbyfan66
post Mar 16 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Active Squad

I've been playing PoFV a lot. I really like this one. It's tons of fun! I've already beaten Normal Mode with Reimu, Marisa (twice), and Sakuya, and am currently in the process of unlocking characters. So far I have Mystia and Cirno. I'm really enjoying the endings as they're, erm, not really hard to get the good ones for. Marisa's especially I liked; her priorities are pretty off, but it's funny, so it doesn't matter, I guess. =P

Also played some Imperishable Night and EoSD on the side. IN is probably still my favorite (it's funnier, I like the duo thing a whole lot, and I know the game better, still need dat Extra Mode though), but EoSD and especially PoFV are loads of fun. As stated numerous times EoSD has the SDM so by default it's great. PCB is fun too, but I really don't see how it's nothing more than EoSD with new bosses + playable Sakuya (which, I'll admit, is pretty rad. IN and PoFV have funner Sakuya's, though!).

I'm worried I'll wind up having too much space on my laptop, so I don't want to risk getting any more, but the only ones I'm not interested in are IaMP and the ones where Aya takes pictures! And even Shoot the Bullet has Flandre in it! ;_;

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:31 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.