Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Acubenz's Profile, Tommy Scranton
Acubenz
post Jul 29 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2 489

Active Squad

Name: Tommy Scranton

Hometown: Born in Cianwood City of the Johto Region.

Appearance: Picture

From the top down, Tommy is a rather captivating sight. His shaggy blue hair is of course died, but its got the most natural sheen, one could easily mistake it to be completely hereditary. Matching to the exact shade of his hair, Tommy's eyes are also a rather pleasant sight. Deep-blue pools, but also are a form of die. Honestly, those are the only 'fake' things about the boy. Otherwise, he's all natural. Almost perfect body, slim, slender, model curves, etc. He's about 6'1" which isn't exactly tall, but still, it's not short.
When it comes to clothing, he prefers...revealing, if you will, outfits. No doubt he's confident in his body, and is willing to show it off at any time he could.

Personality: At places like school, malls, and other public areas, Tommy is quite, polite, and seemingly shy. He usually just minds his own, not really caring much about other people. However, when around friends, a totally new side of him bursts. This side is energetic, funny, and a bit over sarcastic. Honestly, Tommy likes to look like a prim and proper boy, but having fun is really what he's all about.

During pokémon battles, Tommy throws his heart and sole into it, trying to make sure he's never the one having to pull out early, or dare I say, be the one to lose. Clearly you can tell, he cares a lot about what people think of him, and is going to do the best to be the best.

Biography: Tommy was born the love child of a younger couple of Cianwood City, Johto. His parents were rather young around the time of his birth, his father twenty five and just starting on with a solid foundation to support a family, and his mother twenty three, still in school. Unlike most, Tommy's parents reacted differently to the shocking event of the pregnancy. Quite honestly, they were proud to be having their first child, and confident that they could make the best out of their family. Going along with their lives, Tommy's mother completed school before his birth, and his father was able to set up a nice home and income for the family of three to live off. Honestly, it wasn't like most young love, that turns out disastrous or something.

Young Tommy was always playful, always needing more and more attention. His parents honestly loved him more than they'd ever loved anything, including each other. It's not like the couple fought constantly, but the spark of chemistry that pulled them together at first and set up this life was quickly dwindling down. Deciding it was best for them, the couple split ways, but both of them remained within Cianwood, sharing equal custody of their son. Of course, Tommy was young, meaning he didn't know the difference of having both parents at once, or just seeing the two at different times. The work lives either led were quite accommodating for visits, Tommy's mother taking him during the first part of the week, his father getting the second part. Either side really didn't have a problem with each other, aside form the fact that they were better friends than a couple.

By the time Tommy was five, both of his parents had significant others in their lives, which was quite nice for him. The way Tommy always saw it was more along the lines of "More attention for me!" rather than "I hate my step-parents!" Tommy continued to grow around his own lifestyle, being just the happy-go-lucky kid that everyone loved to be with, and honestly brought happiness to them. Four years had quickly slipped by, nothing of note happening. However, during this time in Tommy's life came something that had really hurt him. His father and his girl friend didn't seem to match to good, and eventually parted ways, however, his mother and her fiance were still going steady, and soon to be married. Now separate from his girlfriend, Tommy's father had quickly found much more time for him, more than his mother and soon to be step father had. The two quickly grew a bond, the more or less natural father-son type of thing. The friendship was moving along quickly, but Tommy's mother had seemed it like a corruption of sorts, of course, her thoughts were fueled by the misleading words of her fiance, who she of course trusted more than an x-boyfriend.

About the month after Tommy's mother had accepted the proposal for marriage, and she and her son had moved into her fiance's beach-front house, Tommy quickly grew tension with the man her mother was about to spend the rest of her life with. They didn't like how each other acted, and quite honestly, Tommy preferred to spend his time with his father, which was rather hurtful to his mother. OF course, she didn't see, or perhaps refused to notice, the tension between the man she loved, and her town son. Tommy's father, of course, continued to care about his son's well being, and continued to listen to everything he was concerned about. The two had a very close bond, which was all Tommy wanted.

"Dad, why don't you and mom live together? Do you not love her?"
"Son...it's not like that. Well, I suppose it is... At one time, yes, I did love your mother. I was very in love with her, and honestly, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. But, once we started to get ready to spend the rest of our lives together, we found out we were not the people for each other. Honestly, we're two different people, who only have a handful of things in common."
"Dad... I don't want mom to get married... Jackson doesn't love me, dad. He's going to ruin my life.."
"No, Tommy. No, I promise, I won't let anyone ruin your life. Tommy, you're all I've got, and I'm willing to do anything to keep you happy."

Within a matter of a few months, Tommy's mother was quickly changing, becoming more and more like the stepfather that Tommy was forced to like. His own father had tried to convince him she loved him, and that would never change, but after asking the same question he'd asked his father, Tommy had figured out what his new life was going to be all about.

"Mom...why don't you and dad live together. Well, I mean, why don't you love my dad, and why Jackson?"
"Tommy, darling, your father and Jackson are two different people, having almost nothing in common. At one time, yes, I loved your father, but looking back on it now, it was a mere infatuation as compared to what I feel for Jackson."

After thinking it through as much as he could, Tommy decided it was best for him to live with his father, working with him and trying to stay as far away from Jackson as he could. Tommy still felt love for his mother, but did not approve of the things she did, or honestly, the choices she had made. Although that sounds like a mess of thought for a twelve year old to handle, Tommy was much more emotionally mature than others his age, and honestly could handle caring for himself. Delighted, Tommy's father had agreed to his son's wishes, but the way Jackson and Tommy's mother took it was much different than how his docile father accepted it. Jackson refused to let him move in with Tommy's father, using examples of how unsupported he was, and how he'd tried to change the boy's mind completely. Of course, this only made Tommy hate Jackson more. Tommy's mother knew not what to do, and honestly, just wanted her son to love her.

Through the next few years, difficulties in Tommy's father's employment had turned him to a different life, having to work much more than he did before for the same amount of pay. Tensions between Jackson and now teen-aged Tommy were worse as ever, the two often having verbal arguments, constantly nit-picking at each other's everything. Tommy was strong, but even Jackson could break him down when he took shots at his life, how unsuccessful he was, how better Jackson was, and what really got to Tommy, Jackson's views on his father. Having to work more, Tommy's father barely had time to meet with his son, but made sure that at least once every two weeks, the two had a day to just get away, going to the beach, fishing. All in all, they held that similar love, the love of fishing. It was something about the water that had allowed Tommy to be peaceful, even when explaining to his father about Jackson. Tommy's father understood, but honestly couldn't do much more than that.

One particular fishing outing, Tommy had begun by asking his father about his childhood, and tried to relate it to his own. Of course, Tommy's father hasn't exactly happy of sharing it, nothing how his own father was much like Jackson. Tommy had asked how his father coped with it, but Tommy's father would only ever answer "the wrong way." Of course, fourteen year old Tommy only had a vague clue of what he meant, but that was all he needed at this point. Along the time, they'd pulled up a few catches, but nothing exactly interesting, until of course the one catch, which would be one of the key parts of events that would change Tommy's life forever. For the first time in about a year of these fishing trips, Tommy's father had pulled up a pokémon. He himself didn't exactly have time for something like this (the general idea of being a trainer), but he saw a perfect opportunity for Tommy to take hold on. Upon meeting eyes with the Mantyke, Tommy's thoughts linked with his father's: becoming a trainer.

Without a battle or anything of the sort, the little Mantyke had grown quite affectionate to the teen, quite interested in him. Mantyke had lived with Tommy's father in his beach-hut home, but Tommy frequently visited the pokémon, almost daily. He figured that if Jackson caught word of this pokémon, he'd of course trying and ruin this bit of happiness, like he did with almost everything that made Tommy pleasant.

Of course, things didn't stay well for too long. Tommy's father had been laid off of work, seeing as his company was transferring to the Kanto region, and of course, the only way Tommy's father could keep his work would be to move with them. Upon hearing the news, Tommy was devastated. For about a week after gaining knowledge of what was going to happen, he didn't leave his room, rarely even taking the meals his mother had prepared for him. Tommy's father had felt overriding guilt, and couldn't let it stand. He chose to confront his son, hoping it would do better. While walking to Jackson's estate where his son, x-girlfriend, and her husband had lived, Tommy's father felt that this really was a good life for him. For the most part, the boy had all he could want, or at least all money could buy. Tommy's father, of course, knew that he was lacking what he'd longed for, of course, because Tommy's father too lacked this during his childhood.

Bravely confronting his son, Tommy's father opened the door to the room, sitting on the bed Tommy had been lying in for the past week.

"Tama misses you, Tommy."
"..."
"Son..I'm sorry..I'm sorry it has to be this way..."
"..."
"Honestly, it's not how I have to do it, but it's what I feel is best. Your relationship with your mother has changed far too much, and honestly, I'm guilty for that."
"No..No, dad, you're not. Jackson is. His greed, his absolute arrogance did. He turned her into his slave, he doesn't even love her!"
"Tommy... It's not like that... Jackson loves your mother, and she too loves him. You can't treat him like that. He's not like that."
"Dad, you don't know! You're being just like mom! Corrupted by him! I hate him!"

Tommy's father had nothing left in him, no fight left. He got up from the bed, walking from the estate to his tiny beach house. Slowly backing everything he had, Tommy's father had bid adu to the past fourteen years of his life, and boarded a ship which would sail him to the Kanto Region, starting his new life. There really was no more fight left in him.

For the most part, Tommy's life had resumed along like a fourteen year old's should. He occasionally gotten letters and phone calls from his father, and had even arranged plans for them to meet each other for some father and son bonding, but of course, Jackson would never allow them to continue up, aside form the mandatory once-yearly visit around Tommy's birth day. For his fifteenth birthday, Tommy's father had flown into town, but was only able to stay in Cianwood for little time. Tommy understood, but only cared about spending as much time as he could with his father. After the three hour plane rid,e Tommy's father had immediately greeted his son at their fishing spot, both of them catching up on what they'd missed out on in each other's life for the past year. Tommy explained things like school, parties, girls, and sports, his father telling him about his job, his new home, and the woman he'd met in Kanto. Tommy playfully joked around with his dad, claiming she'd be the second Jackson. Three days seemed like three hours when Tommy's father had hugged him good-bye at the airport. Neither of them cried, seeing as they'd promised each other they wouldn't.

For the most part, visits like this happened a few times within the next two years, leading up to Tommy's seventeenth birthday, which would mark a different visit. Tommy had been itching to travel to Kanto, meeting his father's new family he's settled down with. Of course, Jackson objected, and even threatened, but that wasn't going to stop Tommy. No, not now. Tommy left with confidence, hugging his mother good-bye, and urging her that this is only going to be for a short bit, and that they'd see each other again. This was more or less an ironic flash back to a time where Tommy's mother had done this to him. (when he started school, of course.) Loading his one suitcase onto the plane that would take him to Kanto, Tommy was happy to be finally free from Jackson, and honestly quite happy to be arriving in Kanto with the father he'd cared so much about.

Upon arriving in Kanto, Tommy was greeted by his father, his step-mother, and his step-sister Tommy was glad he was accepted by the family, and was happy to get to living with them. For the most part, he'd had a good life with his father, They really spent some quality time with each other, no stress of an angry step-father to interrupt. Summer was good, but of course, Tommy had to eventually return. Boarding that plane again was rather emotional for Tommy, but like he'd promised his father, he didn't cry. Once again, the two parted ways, Tommy reluctantly flying back to Cianwood to be with his mother for the school year.

The year went by rather boring, Tommy only thinking about what to do after school, seeing as he was now a senior. For him, the year quickly passed by, Tommy waiting to once again see his father, and to finally get out of Jackson's life. Senior graduation had been just as he expected. Awards for being ranked first in class, and other stuff were given out, and other stuff, like emotional crap and a few sideshows about high school life, but honestly, it was all boring to Tommy, because honestly, all he wanted was to get this over with. After the ceremony was over, Tommy made his way back to his house, where he'd found his father, mother, and both sides of his step-families there to congratulate him. The small gathering was rather peaceful, the families just catching up on each others lives. Tommy saw right through the false wall Jackson had been putting up, but of course he couldn't rip it down right now.

The sun rose the next morning, Tommy finally set to leave to the Kanto Region to start his life off with his father. However, while packing, Tommy realized that wasn't what he wanted. No, not at all. Tommy was now an adult, and didn't need to live with any one. Yes, it was time for Tommy to start a new life, a new adventure. Leaving his house on a trail of excellence, Tommy boarded a boat to the unknown, taking with him the only things he cherished.

Along his trip to whereabouts unknown, Tommy had met a rather playful Squirtle without a trainer, home, or any evidence of parents. The two quickly became friends, Squirtle easily accepting to be captured by Tommy. As the two made their way along, they also encountered a Piplup, who seemed to also be quite lonely. After an epic battle of exchanging powerful attacks, Piplup had buckled, and eventually captured by Tommy. And then they made it to the *real* New Frontier.

Starting Pokemon: Squirtle L8, Piplup L7

Items: Good Rod, Mystic Water (worn by Piplup), x1 Great Ball.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 07:07 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.