Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
A guide to the Battle Subway [Added in the formula to work out stats], Please make sure you read everything you want to know thoroughly!
Carefactorzero
post Mar 8 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #41

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Mar 9 2014, 07:50 AM) *
emmitt1984 has a streak going currently of somewhere between 1250 and 1400, and his team is filled with a Weavile and defensive Pokemon. I wonder why that works so well?

This is just a theory, but: chipping away at opponent's with defensive mons, then cleaning up with something like Weavile could be an effective tactic. All the defensive mons would have to do is get the opposition's party members down to ~60% HP, which should be sufficient enough for a Choice Band Weavile to clean them all up. It'll likely have enough Speed to outspeed a good 95% of whatever it encounters as well. The same can be done with a Feral Zergoose, assuming Weavile's stats build is similar.

Feral Zergoose has 431 Speed with a + Speed nature at 31 IVs, and 552 Attack with a Choice Band and a neutral Attack nature at 31 IVs, to give you an idea. I use one in my team as a revenge killer, and it is surprisingly good. The rest of my team is somewhat lacking, however, hence my low streak. I'll work on it more when I feel like it though. XD
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

His Weavile has a Water Gem, so there goes that idea. :/

I remember he has a Daruma Darmanitan too, and that has good SA, so maybe that as well?

I hate Feral Zergoose. It has fantastic speed and attack, but its defensive stats are absolute misery and it has few resistances. I use a regular Zergoose with a Fire Gem on occasion when I want to give FZ a rest.

The only problems I have with my speed in and wreck everything team is if something outspeeds me. Thus, Scarfed Haxorus and Sawk can be a problem. That's park of why I keep Kingdra and Gigalith around, to run damage control.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 8 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #43

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Darmanitan [Zen] has pretty decent defences, HP and Special Attack, which could help (i'm actually waiting for it to turn Sandstorm to try mine)

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

The problem for using it in my team is it would give me two psychic types, and I would probably drop FZ for it, which would give me no offense against ghosts and other psychics.

My team is awkward. To replace anything leaves heavy holes in my team, so it's this or rework it entirely, it seems. Gigalith might be the only swappable one. Ferrothorn with a Rock Gem maybe, or Magnezone.

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Mar 8 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #45

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Mar 9 2014, 10:20 AM) *
His Weavile has a Water Gem, so there goes that idea. :/

Because Weavile can outspeed virtually every Fire-type (I think it does? o.o), running a Water Gem on it to KO them upon switching in is probably a good idea. Even without a Band, its damage output is still nothing to sneeze at. It probably runs Swords Dance as well, and given the fact that it could force switches, it probably wouldn't be too hard to get one up. I used to run Swords Dance on Feral Zergoose (with a Ground Gem, because I had no Fire Gem at the time), but I personally found the immediate power offered by Choice Band to be a little more useful, since I found myself attacking outright more often.

My Feral Zergoose is Naive, and only has 1 IV in Special Defence, yet it can still switch into attacks like Dark Pulse, assuming it's got at least 2/3 of its HP remaining. It can be a one-use emergency switch in if the situation arises. It can also tank Ghost and Psychic moves quite well, so it does have certain utility as a counter in that regard, despite how frail it is. Just a little food for thought.

For Scarf Haxorus and Sawk: Try a Fairy-type. Best way to keep them both in check, since you know for a fact that they're limited to their STAB moves only, and Fairy resists both. As for what to run? Well, I'm not the greatest team builder around, so whether you want to test one out is entirely up to you. =P

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Nope. It has Haze, not Swords Dance. He also runs a Ferrothorn, Daruma, Azumarill, Dugtrio, and Emolga. Why Emolga? Its defenses are misery. Must be if Alakazam can OHKO them with Confusion......

I might have gone with an Adamant FeralZ, and then banded it. Use it as a leadoff, and it can drill any type except Steel for massive damage. Sorta a kamikaze, like my Alakazam can be at times.

When I KNOW a tough Dragon or Sawk is coming, I use my first alternate, which is an Azumarill. Otherwise, Alakazam can handle Sawk, and Gigalith can hurt Hax enough that Dugtrio can finish the job.

I wonder how long it'll be before Steel Gem Haxorus come out, because Steel can destroy ice and fairies.

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 8 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Mar 9 2014, 12:24 AM) *
Nope. It has Haze, not Swords Dance. He also runs a Ferrothorn, Daruma, Azumarill, Dugtrio, and Emolga. Why Emolga? Its defenses are misery. Must be if Alakazam can OHKO them with Confusion......

I might have gone with an Adamant FeralZ, and then banded it. Use it as a leadoff, and it can drill any type except Steel for massive damage. Sorta a kamikaze, like my Alakazam can be at times.

When I KNOW a tough Dragon or Sawk is coming, I use my first alternate, which is an Azumarill. Otherwise, Alakazam can handle Sawk, and Gigalith can hurt Hax enough that Dugtrio can finish the job.

I wonder how long it'll be before Steel Gem Haxorus come out, because Steel can destroy ice and fairies.

Emolga most likely to resist ground, fighting and grass.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 8 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well, its defense is still ugly, Samoo. My Dugtrio can OHKO some Emolgas with a critical hit, I think, or at least put them WAY down in the health range. Well, whatever it is, it's working for him, he's actually making a pretty darn good run at BabyBichu's record. :P I'd be up there too if it weren't for an Agilitied Haxorus I didn't see coming. -_-2.gif

(PS: That was an awkward Darmanitan in the VS Seeker fight you sent at me Samoo....is that your Daruma in progress? You might want to find one with more defense IVs.)

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Mar 8 2014, 08:28 PM

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 9 2014, 05:17 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Mar 9 2014, 01:05 AM) *
Well, its defense is still ugly, Samoo. My Dugtrio can OHKO some Emolgas with a critical hit, I think, or at least put them WAY down in the health range. Well, whatever it is, it's working for him, he's actually making a pretty darn good run at BabyBichu's record. :P I'd be up there too if it weren't for an Agilitied Haxorus I didn't see coming. -_-2.gif

(PS: That was an awkward Darmanitan in the VS Seeker fight you sent at me Samoo....is that your Daruma in progress? You might want to find one with more defense IVs.)

No I just shoved it in there because I didn't want to shove it in a box. I didn't really like using the defending team, anyway. Too risky, almost lost in a few battles.

Different strategies. If it works for him it works for him.

This post has been edited by Samoo: Mar 9 2014, 06:55 AM

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 9 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

That's why I couldn't use Azumarill properly in my team. I have only one defensive pokemon (gigalith) and I tend to use him more for his resistances that to use defensive moves, because my foe tends to switch in a Water before I can get my defenses too high. Blastoise and Poliwrath, the flagships of crappy BS NPCs, tend to be most common.....so maybe I make an offensive Gigalith?

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 9 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

I actually use an Azumarill lol. It's my only way to stop dragon types and if I come against a Grass or Electric type I can just switch to Darmanitan/Haxorus/Dugtrio and switch accordingly.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 10 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #52

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah, dragons annoy me too, but Haxorus is the only dangerous one for me. Sawk can handle Hydreigon, Kyurem and Garchomp, Gigalith takes Altaria, Salamence, Druddigon, and Dragonite, Alakazam beats Flygon, and Kingdra can usually win a Kingdra-off, as well as beat Palkia. Dugtrio handles Dialga, Reshi and Zekker. The Wymsies are all fairly easily taken down.

For me, Azumarill vs Kingdra:

Azumarill:
Near invincibility to dragons
Mountain of HP, better defenses

Kingdra:
Has an acceptable offense
Fewer weaknesses
More versatile

EDIT:

Well, after another heavy loss at a streak of 660 something, I decided Gigalith is truly my weak point. Thus, I knew I had two choices: A steel type or a fairy type. There are no good fairies that can also fill the role that Gigalith does, so......steel. And there are only a few Steel type candidates that are any good. Ferrothorn was my first thought, but it leaves me too vulnerable to Flying and Fighting types.....so Skarmory it is!

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Mar 12 2014, 09:12 PM

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 14 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Mar 10 2014, 05:01 PM) *
Yeah, dragons annoy me too, but Haxorus is the only dangerous one for me. Sawk can handle Hydreigon, Kyurem and Garchomp, Gigalith takes Altaria, Salamence, Druddigon, and Dragonite, Alakazam beats Flygon, and Kingdra can usually win a Kingdra-off, as well as beat Palkia. Dugtrio handles Dialga, Reshi and Zekker. The Wymsies are all fairly easily taken down.

For me, Azumarill vs Kingdra:

Azumarill:
Near invincibility to dragons
Mountain of HP, better defenses

Kingdra:
Has an acceptable offense
Fewer weaknesses
More versatile

EDIT:

Well, after another heavy loss at a streak of 660 something, I decided Gigalith is truly my weak point. Thus, I knew I had two choices: A steel type or a fairy type. There are no good fairies that can also fill the role that Gigalith does, so......steel. And there are only a few Steel type candidates that are any good. Ferrothorn was my first thought, but it leaves me too vulnerable to Flying and Fighting types.....so Skarmory it is!

You could try both with a Mawile :P if Skarmory isn't working, that is

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Mar 14 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #54

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'd personally stick to Skarmory; looking at the rest of your team, you appear to need a safe switch-in for any Ground-type moves that may be launched your way. Skarmory provides you with the Steel-typing you need, and offers Ground resistance to boot. happy.gif

Mawile is by no means a bad choice with its new Dual-typing offering a multitude of resistances + greater offensive potential, and it would work well in place of Gigalith if Ground moves don't bother your team too much.
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Mar 15 2014, 02:13 AM
Post #55

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Mawile is useless against ground types, true :P

Hmm. Maybe I will try Mawile if Skarmory fails and if Mega Mawile is fixed to have better stats.

I already found a good Skarr: Impish, 131 IVs. Unfortunately its HP only has 6, but that's my only complaint.

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jun 5 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

So looking to create a new team (will be able to actually actively search and raise things after tomorrow)

Things I'd like to use:
- Azumarill
- Haxorus
- Darmanitan
- Sawk

(Basically any combination of these 4)

What I'd like is suggestions of Pokémon that would synergise nicely with any of these 4.. DH I'm looking in your direction wink.gif

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Verore
post Jun 5 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 219 575

Active Squad

How would I get started trying to form a team? Looking in the dex is kind of overwhelming. Would looking at regular competitive pokemon tier lists help?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jun 5 2014, 04:49 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Verore @ Jun 5 2014, 09:06 PM) *
How would I get started trying to form a team? Looking in the dex is kind of overwhelming. Would looking at regular competitive pokemon tier lists help?

The base stats are nerfed on GPX so your best bet is to use the search functions on the site. Perhaps try to get a core going. Fire/Water/Grass.. Electric/Ground/Water.. Fairy/Steel/Dragon.. Fighting/Rock/Flying etc.

Try to get a mixture of dual types and single typed Pokémon too.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jun 5 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #59

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

I use.....actually, by sheer coincidence, I am a 3 and 3 on dual vs single types right now. Shocker, I know xD By the way, I found out Skarmory was a complete success! I got my 2350 streak cuz of General Skarr. Not to mention my latest NPC, Mitch Sorenstein, is 6-2 right now wink.gif

Ok Samoo, I know one pokemon that would actually work extremely well with Azumarill:

Ferrothorn.

It's essentially the same strategy I use with Skarmory and Kingdra in my team: Use Ferrothorn and beef his stats (preferably Defense, but offensive stuff works if you like it xD), then essentially sweep opponents until something it's weak to, fire and fighting, comes up. In that case, switch to Azumarill since it's resistant to both types and eliminate. If an Electric, Grass, or Poison type shows up, just switch back to Ferrothorn, since it is technically resistant to all of those types (poison strong on grass, but x.25 against steel = x.5 overall). It's a pretty powerful brick wall if I do say so myself. You'd just have to watch out for Toxicroak and a few surprise gems from Dragons, but more or less it's a solid format.

If you wanted to take it a little further, you could go Daruma mode with Darmanitan, soup up its SA, and sweep that way and add an extra defensive layer. That's actually part of Venusaur King, the other active battler (and my rival)'s strategy. He plays VERY defensively based on our conversations, and look where it got him with that monster streak.

Personally, I'm an offense man myself, so I wouldn't go Daruma myself. But here's my tips on your pokemon that you chose:

Azumarill is obviously a defensive wall, you don't need help on that. xD

Band Darmanitan, again fairly obvious. :P

Band Sawk, don't Scarf it. My Sawk, which I've been using for the last 10K battles or so, with aLonely nature, tops 380ish with its attack and nears 600 with the Band, and has a speed of 254 with 29 IVs. 254 is more than enough to outspeed most of what you'd be fighting against with Sawk, and Scarfing is really more useful as an NPC surprise. Like your Jim NPC (who I had a great match with in battle 900 of my current streak)'s Sawk: Good to jump other people, not so good on NPCs, who you probably wouldn't send out a Sawk against an Alakazam anyways.

Haxorus, on the other hand, could go either way. I personally Scarf my backup Hax, but that's because I tend to use it to counter all-Hax teams (or Inspector Gogoat's Sawksy team). Banding will make the damage it does nearly insurmountable against nearly everything, but it also means you could walk straight into a Fairy trap. Honestly, I don't like Haxorus in a regular team. NPC's work well with it, but Kingdra is really my dragon of choice. It works for me, but probably wouldn't work for your team, since Kingdra is used in tandem with Skarmory. If you're bent on Haxorus, I think my best recommendation is to try and find a balance using a Steel Gem, Agility, Swords Dance, and its dragon moves. Obviously there's 5 moves you'd want, (SD, Agility, DC, Outrage, Metal Claw) so you might have a hard time parting with one of the first 4, but it also beats most fairies and icers, which is probably the best way to keep a Haxorus around longer.

If you REALLY want to use a dragon, I might look into Mega Garchomp. Its stats are REALLY meaty, and a Swords Dance and Agility could make it an unstoppable monster, and since it's got the dual type built in, it can already beat the stuff it's bad to with a Swords Dance/Sand Tomb (except Togekiss xD)

Those are just my thoughts. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Jun 6 2014, 01:26 AM

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Rubia
post Jun 7 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 187 574

Eevee

Any Tips and Advice are more than welcome

I'm currently working on building up a battle subway team myself. So far I have:

Pikachu

Total IVs: 141
Moves: Volt Tackle, Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Recover

It's speed could use some help, but it has perfect attack

Ninetales

Total IVs: 149
Moves: Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Ember, Flamethrower (I'm going to replace a weak attack with Recover)

It's Attack is low but it has high speed

Sh. Glaceon

Total IVs: 137
Moves: Ice Shard, Avalanche, Powder Snow, Ice Beam (I'm going to replace a weak attack with Recover)

It has a decent attack and speed, but it's defense could use a boost.

I also have the following that I am training up:

Leafeon

Total IVs: 134
Moves: Vine Whip, Power Whip, Magical Leaf, Solarbeam (I'm going to replace a weak attack with Recover)

Again Decent attack and speed, however S. Attack could use a boost.

Vaporeon

Total IVs: 135
Moves: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Water Gun, Surf

Speed and S Attack could use a boost.

I'm still trying to find a 6th pokemon to round out the party.

Edit:

I think I found a good 6th pokemon in the safari zone:

Mienfoo (needs to be leveled up)

Total IVs: 146
Attacks: Rock Smash, Close Combat, Vacuum Wave, Focus Blast

Good Attack and Speed, defense could use a small boost.

This post has been edited by Rubia: Jun 7 2014, 05:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:46 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.