Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How can I improve my Team to Beat Lance?
Serperior Super ...
post Feb 2 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Just you wait till I get my Snivy...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 49 843

Shaymin RULEZ!!

I can get through the Elite Four with this team in SS but I can't seem to beat Lance! Any advice?! It would be greatly appreciated.

Infernape Lv. 44-125 HP Flame wheel,cut,ember,close combat
Flower the Meganium Lv. 40-130 HP Frenzy Plant,Strength,Razor Leaf,Magical Leaf
Crobat Lv. 42-133 HP Bite,Fly,Wing Attack,Poison Fang
Amphy the Ampharos Lv. 45-152 HP Discharge,Thunderpunch,Signal Beam,Headbutt
Wailord Lv. 45-217 HP Dive,Water Spout,Surf,Waterfall
Lugia Lv. 46-159 HP Extrasensory,Rain Dance,Hydro Pump,Aeroblast

Any help?

--------------------
Ma Stuff (click to show)

My Pokesona (click to show)

My team of Awsomeness in Pokemon White Version:

Currently: Training for Elite Four

Kredits (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fantasyfreak789
post Feb 9 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 678

Dark Trainer Chey

I would send Ampharos out first against the Gyrados and make him hold a focus band a berry if the Gyrados knocks you out in one hit. Of course use discharge as many times as possible.

I would also suggest you use Ice moves on the Aerodactyl.(of course)But avoid using flying types because of his Rock Slide move or whichever rock move it is.

Save a water type for if you get to the Charizard.

Try to freeze, burn, poison, or confuse the Dragonites.

Overall though, I woul try to raise your Ampharos up to lvl 50 or so.

I had an Ampharos in my game too, so my advice kind of just centers on him. :S
hoped this helped.

--------------------
Just a freak of the fantasies...

+Quote Post

LadyMiir
post Feb 20 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 264

All-Stars

QUOTE(ALS @ Feb 2 2011, 04:54 PM) *
I can get through the Elite Four with this team in SS but I can't seem to beat Lance! Any advice?! It would be greatly appreciated.

Infernape Lv. 44-125 HP Flame wheel,cut,ember,close combat
Flower the Meganium Lv. 40-130 HP Frenzy Plant,Strength,Razor Leaf,Magical Leaf
Crobat Lv. 42-133 HP Bite,Fly,Wing Attack,Poison Fang
Amphy the Ampharos Lv. 45-152 HP Discharge,Thunderpunch,Signal Beam,Headbutt
Wailord Lv. 45-217 HP Dive,Water Spout,Surf,Waterfall
Lugia Lv. 46-159 HP Extrasensory,Rain Dance,Hydro Pump,Aeroblast

Any help?

Try raising your team to a higher level, like 45 or so.

Infernape: Get rid of Cut. Replace Ember with Flamethrower. I suggest Mach Punch or THunderpunch instead of Cut, and maybe replace Flame Wheel with Flare Blitz.

Meganium: Replace Frenzy Plant with Light Screen. Replace Strength with Synthesis or Aromatherapy. Try Return over Magical Leaf.

Crobat: replace Wing Attack with U-turn, though you should NOT be using this mon on Lance.

Ampharos: Looks good. You may want Focus Blast or Thunderwave over Thunderpunch. Put Choice Specs on it, and have it lead, and it should be able to knock out the Gyarados in one hit.

Waliord: Get rid of Dive, replace with Ice Beam. If your Wailord is a Special attacker get rid of Waterfall and replace with another move, Selfdestruct might be an option for use in tight corners.

Lugia... I mainly used this one as a wall, but you may wish to replace Hydro Pump with Surf.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 20 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I would raise them all to Level 48-50. His last Pokémon are leveled to 50, so it would be wise to level them up to level 48-50 so you're not too under-leveled

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Dry Paratroopa
post Feb 21 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 151

Camper Perfection

Definitely need an Ice type move. Half of his Pokemon are Dragonite, which are doubly weak to it.

--------------------
My current Party (Click 'em if you want to):

Formerly known as Slashle.
+Quote Post

The Corrosion
post Feb 21 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #6

I think I just ate a chicken bone.
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 850

HG Party

I swept the entire Elite Four and Lance with a level 62 Typhlosion, but that is off topic.

Infernape: Ember? Replace with Flamethrower. Cut? What's this doing here? Anyways, replace Cut with Stone Edge, if you don't mind lower Accuracy for better power and Super Effective hits on every one of his flying type Pokemon, it also has a high Crit-Hit rate. Replace Flame Wheel with Thunder Punch (Super-Effective on Water and Flying types. 75 power. Chance to Paralyze.), Flare Blitz (STAB+120 power. Recoil damage though), Fire Punch (STAB+75 power. Chance to Burn.)

Maganium: Replace Frenzy Plant with Light Screen, and possibly Strength with Return, Strength has 80 power. If Happiness is at Max, then Return's power is 102.

Crobat: DON'T USE ON GYARADOS! Replace Poison Fang with Cross Poison, and Wing Attack with U-Turn . You can keep Poison Fang if you want a higher chance of Poison, but replace with Cross Poison if you want more power and a higher crit-hit rate, Cross Poison can still Poison.

Wailord: DON'T USE ON ONE OF THE DRAGONITES->IT HAS THUNDERBOLT! Which is higher? Its Special Attack or its Attack?
Anyways...replace Dive with Ice Beam (If yours is a Special Attacker) to use on a Dragonite. If yours is a Attacker then replace Dive with Avalanche. Avalanche has less power than Ice Beam, but both are Ice type attacks. Avalanche may be a very nice move for Wailord as it does double damage if the user has been hurt this turn already. I think that Lance's Pokemon will be faster than Wailord (unless they are Paralyzed.) over all, so if Wailord survives the first hit then you get a 120 power Ice type attack for revenge!

Ampharos: Replace Thunder Punch with Thunderbolt. Headbutt may be replaced with Return with Happiness Maxed. You may also replace Thunder Punch with Thunder if you have Lugia use Rain Dance first.

Lugia: Use this one to just sit there and cause all sorts of havoc, what with its Attack and Special Attack stats and its bulk. Replace Extrasensory with Psychic, you may be able to keep Extrasensory, if you want the chance to flinch vs. chance to reduce foe's Special Defense, with makes Lugia able to hit even harder next time! Replace Hydro Pump with Surf, because if you use Rain Dance then Surf's power increases to 135 at least! That is with Perfect accuracy and no recoil too. Hydro Pump has less than perfect accuracy, but its power increases to 180. It's your choice. Power or Accuracy.

This post has been edited by Phoenix Rising: Feb 21 2011, 05:09 PM

--------------------
Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

bittripcore
post Mar 3 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #7

That other guy.
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 012

Emeralds are Pretty

I had trouble with Lance too, and a good solutioin is to get an Ice move or a Dragon move and a Pokemon not of that type (or at least not on an Altaria like I did facepalm.gif ). If you're really, really, REALLY desperate (last resort ONLY) , here's the solution.

You must have gotten that Infernape from DPPt right? Get a Giratina over too. Make sure it has Dragon Claw, Shadow Force, AncientPower, and MAYBE Destiny Bond. If not destiny bond, then Aura Sphere. Save him for Lance, and only send him out to take care of those pesky Dragonite. Lv. 47 is a fine level for this, but if you're playing D/P, 70 is much, much better, and will just sweep. And In the case of a Lv. 70, have its moveset be earth Power, Dragon Claw, Shadow Force, and AncientPower.

--------------------
im ebarrassed by this years-old signature (click to show)
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 1 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 131 433

Gen 5, please? :3

I killed Lance with a lv. 60 Typhlosion, lv. 55 Ampharos, and lv. 55 Ho-Oh (and the Dragonair w/ Extremespeed, lv. 40).

The trick is: use status moves. Ampharos is quite bulky, and can stand hits, so paralyze everything that's pissing you. I have Sacred Fire on Ho-Oh, which 50% of the time, induces a burn, but you have SS, so that's not going to count. Also, use Special Attacks, because Dragon type's SpD is quite sucky.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.