Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
52 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I spotted something wrong on ______ page., Errors, typos, etc., Minor text fixes needed
Jen
post Mar 14 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #901

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Resdayn @ Mar 8 2016, 12:25 PM) *
On task 9 of the exploration Deep in the Laboratory, there's a mistake:

"It occurs to you that these are new specimens Dr. Manning has yet use in experiments."

It should be corrected to "has yet to use".

Got it. Thanks!

QUOTE(Dr Electric @ Feb 4 2016, 09:23 PM) *
Print Screen (click to show)

The Three Singing Chatots, Task 6, Paragraph 2, Line 2: I think the word "the" should be "them", or maybe, the word "doors" is missing. Only "the" sounds odd.

It looks like someone else got to fixing this when I went to look, but I fixed the "lent down" that was shown in the screenshot. sweat.gif Thanks!

Fixed all the exploration typos mostly as suggested. Thank you, Zyxyz, that was incredibly helpful!

QUOTE(Zyxyz @ Mar 14 2016, 03:42 AM) *
The trinket "Top Percentge Award" should probably be "Top Percentage Award".

As much as we want to, we don't fix user submitted trinkets. If they would like it fixed then they'll need to PM either Darth Krytie or myself. *hint to anyone who wants theirs fixed.* wink.gif Though DK is the one in charge of trinkets, so definitely try her first!

The Help section on Legends & Novelties has a section on "Mismagius' Grimoire", when the actual item is just called Mismagius Grimoire.

This is the intended spelling for the Grimoire. It wasn't added to the actual item itself for coding reasons. sweat.gif Great eye though!

In that section, "The Mismagius' Grimoire can be used to corrupt a Rayquaza." —this is untrue; a Rayquaza egg only needs to be in the party with a form-changed Mismagius ("near" it in dex terminology) to be corruptable. This doesn’t use up a Grimoire.

Also in the grimoire section, Mismagius is misspelled here: "It also acts as a way to form change Mismaguis and Ditto"

Both of these have been corrected.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Luigi Mario
post Mar 15 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #902

I can pick up girls with a van
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 145 417

Wheee

For whatever reason, the Shine Recorder uses broken links for past SWSH info. For example, the March 2016 info links to here, which always 404s. Any link with that format (/shinyrace_xx) is a 404. The past SWSH info the help page links is probably the correct one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Mar 15 2016, 10:01 PM
Post #903

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Luigi Mario @ Mar 16 2016, 02:04 AM) *
For whatever reason, the Shine Recorder uses broken links for past SWSH info. For example, the March 2016 info links to here, which always 404s. Any link with that format (/shinyrace_xx) is a 404. The past SWSH info the help page links is probably the correct one.

For context - that url hasn't worked since ye olde GPX+ 3.0 update, and quite possibly never did work. The page is always gpx.plus/swsh, not gpx.plus/shiny_race .

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luigi Mario
post Mar 19 2016, 09:57 PM
Post #904

I can pick up girls with a van
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 417

Wheee

Glacier Badge Plus (1/7) – Have all of Pryce's rematch Pokémon, at level 100, in your party. Requires the Glacier Badge. (Abamasnow, Glalie, Froslass, Dewgong, Walrein, Mamoswine)

Rain Badge Plus (1/7) – Have all of Juan's Pokémon, at level 100, in your party. Requires the Rain Badge. (Lapras, Wiscash, Politoed, Walrein, Crawdaunt, Kingdra)

Abomasnow is misspelled as Abamasnow and Whiscash is missing a h.

This post has been edited by Luigi Mario: Mar 19 2016, 09:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Resdayn
post Mar 20 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #905

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 85 096

Scarf Time

I found another mistake, this one is in task 6 of the exploration Needing a Friend:

"(but you could of sworn these jobs were a team effort?)"

Where, instead, "could have" or "could've" are correct.
+Quote Post

Zyxyz
post Mar 20 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #906

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 867

Active Squad

On task 11 of A Journey Through Space and Time:

“Hey, NAME, up here!”

Is this meant to fill in with the reader's username (as in various other exploration stories, e.g. The Great Rescue task 3)?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Resdayn
post Mar 23 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #907

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Scarf Time

In task 2 of the exploration A Ripple in Time "Venusaur" is mispelled a few times:

"He reaches into his pocket and takes out his oddly colored, striped Venasaur."

"The Venasuar quickly does as it's told . After Venasaur's thanked and returned to its Poké Ball, (...)"

Also, there's an error in the Users List page:

"(...) and many other way as well."

It should say "and many other ways as well".

This post has been edited by Resdayn: Mar 23 2016, 02:13 PM
+Quote Post

proera
post Mar 31 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #908

o_o
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3 850

Soul Silver

I don't think this issue warrants its own thread, so I'm making a post in this thread...

But Cherrim doesn't have an "Evolves from" link to Cherubi on its Pokedex page.

--------------------

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Mar 31 2016, 11:38 PM
Post #909

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Galaxy @ Mar 31 2016, 06:21 PM) *
I don't think this issue warrants its own thread, so I'm making a post in this thread...

But Cherrim doesn't have an "Evolves from" link to Cherubi on its Pokedex page.

It's the same for any Pokemon with forms that evolves from another Pokemon; as far as I know, it's an unfortunate shortcoming of the system GPX+ uses to denote forms vs. evolutions.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Resdayn
post Apr 2 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #910

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Scarf Time

Good day! I wanted to point out a missing space in task 8 of the exploration King of the Temple:

"Your Pokémonbrushes aside the door with ease."
+Quote Post

Professor Jade
post Apr 4 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #911

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 225 801

Active Squad

On the help page for GPXPlus Mobile, under the How do I access it? section, it says "the main site should automagically redirect you" instead of automatically.

--------------------

If you can, please click on my pokémon/eggs and help a friend out!
Just click on the Shiny Ralts above! x3.gif Your kindness is very well-thanked!!
Also, I'm trying to get the social achievement so could you please add me to your pal pad? Pretty please?! I promise I'll click your pokémon as much as I can! lol.gif Thanks again!!

Name: Sylvia
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Apr 4 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #912

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

That's a common word that the staff (Jeff, mainly) like to use. I always thought 'automatically' would be just fine but it's not a mistake.

--------------------
+Quote Post

quacky cat
post Apr 15 2016, 12:49 AM
Post #913

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 271

Suicide Squad

I've seen a couple posts about the report button not working (here and here) and I wanted to bring this topic up because it still doesn't work. I actually PM'd Jen about it maybe like last week or so because I didn't know what else to do, but she didn't send me anything back...
I told her about the button not working and that I found two users with REALLY inappropriate names, and I checked back on them a couple days after I sent her that PM and they were still active. I checked them today and one has changed their name (this one; originally this), but the other I guess hasn't been on for a while so his name is still icky (this guy) .-.

That report button should really be fixed tho

EDIT:
I've just received a "Houndoomnite" when I think I should have gotten "Houndoomite" xD just a tiny typo

This post has been edited by quacky cat: Apr 17 2016, 11:09 PM
+Quote Post

D E A N
post Apr 29 2016, 02:04 AM
Post #914

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 972

sand everywhere

Gastly's frlg sprite has transparent eyes instead of white eyes.

--------------------

Newest shinies~
Formerly know as tiika and Marshal Tilka.
Feel free to call me just Dean (:

shiny hunt relevant (click to show)
groups and credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

ArtMax
post Apr 29 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #915

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 333

Active Squad

Not explicitly an error, but it's potentially misleading.

QUOTE("Help & Rules -> Legends & Novelties")
In the interests of fairness, since Legendary and Novelty eggs are both fairly hard to come by, all users are limited to three unhatched Legendary and Novelty eggs in their party at any given time. If you hit this limit, you will be unable to acquire them by most means.

Also, in order to curb hoarding, you will only be able to claim a maximum of two Legendary and Novelty eggs or Pokémon in total from either the Lab or the Shelter, excluding ones you Summon yourself, per day, and furthermore, if you have obtained more than two (with three specific exceptions, being Deoxys and three novelties that have lots of forms) of a Legendary or Novelty from either the Shelter or the Lab, you will be unable to find that Pokémon in the Shelter. Note that Pokémon that you summon yourself do not count against this limit.

While those two paragraphs are separate, the context heavily implies that you may find your summons even if you have 3+ legendaries and novelties in your party. That's what I felt anyway; wasted 2 Red Orbs since I only got 1 of legends/novelties that weren't summoned by me and I thought it should be safe.

I'm not certain that it's not the case, but this post says that it is and I had ~99.9905% chance to find atleast one Groudon, so I'm led to believe that you indeed can't see any legendary or novelty eggs in the lab or the shelter if you have atleast 3 of them in your party, whatever the case. A little clarification on the former paragraph would be nice, or even better, making it possible to see your own summons in any case.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Apr 29 2016, 04:02 PM
Post #916

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(ArtMax @ Apr 29 2016, 04:30 PM) *
Not explicitly an error, but it's potentially misleading.

QUOTE("Help & Rules -> Legends & Novelties")
In the interests of fairness, since Legendary and Novelty eggs are both fairly hard to come by, all users are limited to three unhatched Legendary and Novelty eggs in their party at any given time. If you hit this limit, you will be unable to acquire them by most means.

Also, in order to curb hoarding, you will only be able to claim a maximum of two Legendary and Novelty eggs or Pokémon in total from either the Lab or the Shelter, excluding ones you Summon yourself, per day, and furthermore, if you have obtained more than two (with three specific exceptions, being Deoxys and three novelties that have lots of forms) of a Legendary or Novelty from either the Shelter or the Lab, you will be unable to find that Pokémon in the Shelter. Note that Pokémon that you summon yourself do not count against this limit.

While those two paragraphs are separate, the context heavily implies that you may find your summons even if you have 3+ legendaries and novelties in your party. That's what I felt anyway; wasted 2 Red Orbs since I only got 1 of legends/novelties that weren't summoned by me and I thought it should be safe.

I'm not certain that it's not the case, but this post says that it is and I had ~99.9905% chance to find atleast one Groudon, so I'm led to believe that you indeed can't see any legendary or novelty eggs in the lab or the shelter if you have atleast 3 of them in your party, whatever the case. A little clarification on the former paragraph would be nice, or even better, making it possible to see your own summons in any case.

I can confirm that having 3 of a summoned Pokemon that you summon yourself will still let you pick up a fourth egg so long as you summon it yourself. I'll have to test what happens if you have copies of the Pokemon that you didn't summon yourself some other time, but in the meantime I'll try to update the text to be a bit clearer.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

ArtMax
post Apr 29 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #917

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Apr 30 2016, 02:02 AM) *
I can confirm that having 3 of a summoned Pokemon that you summon yourself will still let you pick up a fourth egg so long as you summon it yourself. I'll have to test what happens if you have copies of the Pokemon that you didn't summon yourself some other time, but in the meantime I'll try to update the text to be a bit clearer.

To be precise, I was trying to summon one of each of the weather trio for extra formes. Summoned Rayquaza and Kyogre successfully, started looking for Groudon, got a Lugia someone else summoned during the attempt, didn't find Groudon, tried again - failed again.
There were ~650 eggs in the lab the whole time. All of these attempts were with Summon Power, so I had 15 minutes for each attempt. I check all 5 entries in the lab in about 1.5 seconds, so I get 40 tries per minute. I had two runs for Groudon total, so it's 40*30=1200 tries total. I'm not sure whether you can get duplicate species in a single check, but for the sake of the argument let's assume you can (it yields lower success chance anyway). I'm also assuming that all eggs have the same weight in the roll. So 645/650=0.9923 chance to fail per one try. 0.9923^1200=0.000094 chance to fail 1200 times in a row, or 0.999906=99.9906% chance to successfully get one of the two summoned Groudon. And if you can't see multiple of the same species without a repel or Hunt Power, it's even higher, albeit not significant.
Pretty sure I didn't make an oversight while looking for Groudon either. Either I'm ridiculously unlucky (big surprise) or something isn't right.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Apr 29 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #918

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(ArtMax @ Apr 29 2016, 07:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Apr 30 2016, 02:02 AM) *

To be precise, I was trying to summon one of each of the weather trio for extra formes. Summoned Rayquaza and Kyogre successfully, started looking for Groudon, got a Lugia someone else summoned during the attempt, didn't find Groudon, tried again - failed again.
There were ~650 eggs in the lab the whole time. All of these attempts were with Summon Power, so I had 15 minutes for each attempt. I check all 5 entries in the lab in about 1.5 seconds, so I get 40 tries per minute. I had two runs for Groudon total, so it's 40*30=1200 tries total. I'm not sure whether you can get duplicate species in a single check, but for the sake of the argument let's assume you can (it yields lower success chance anyway). I'm also assuming that all eggs have the same weight in the roll. So 645/650=0.9923 chance to fail per one try. 0.9923^1200=0.000094 chance to fail 1200 times in a row, or 0.999906=99.9906% chance to successfully get one of the two summoned Groudon. And if you can't see multiple of the same species without a repel or Hunt Power, it's even higher, albeit not significant.
Pretty sure I didn't make an oversight while looking for Groudon either. Either I'm ridiculously unlucky (big surprise) or something isn't right.

1. Summon power gives you 10 minutes to find the egg, not 15.
2. It's very possible you just missed the eggs; despite their having unique descriptions, sometimes you just pass over them, be it a miss-click or miss-hit of the space bar, distraction of some kind, or whatever. And you're making some big assumptions that everything runs on a perfect RNG; there are bound to be issues related to lag that can mess up the rolls, among other things.

I'm about 99% certain that the "your summon/bred eggs" rule is ALWAYS an exception, and that the egg was generated for you to be able to see. I would honestly chalk it up to bad luck.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Apr 29 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #919

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Wait. How exactly do we know for a fact that the 3 eggs in party limit has an exception for summons? When the limit was first introduced, which was waaaaaaaaay back, the only exception that was made was about bred eggs. The help page didn't mention any exceptions.

I might also point out, that that particular limit was implemented over a year before the others. So it's not far fetched to think the reasons and quirks would be different.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

ArtMax
post Apr 29 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #920

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Apr 30 2016, 04:18 AM) *
1. Summon power gives you 10 minutes to find the egg, not 15.

Pah... I counted it to the power's expiry time, not the actual use time, my bad. However, I did time it to 15 minutes after use and check the Summoned Unsuccessfully statistic, it lasted until ~4 minutes after the power was supposed to expire the first time (so ~19 minutes total, even if the use ran out 10 minutes later, the lab wasn't crowded then), as for the second... I don't remember, it may not have lasted much longer than 10 minutes since I don't remember seeing it unincremented after 15, and I only remember seeing it incremented shortly after 15 minutes. It would still average to ~15 though, so let's keep that figure the same for the sake of argument.
2. It's very possible you just missed the eggs; despite their having unique descriptions, sometimes you just pass over them, be it a miss-click or miss-hit of the space bar, distraction of some kind, or whatever.

I'm 99% sure I didn't miss it because I watched the screen intensely and compared the last word of pretty much every single egg and I would've likely noticed if I missed something after I pressed Spacebar due to the delay. (I knew the odds, so I wouldn't risk it)

And you're making some big assumptions that everything runs on a perfect RNG; there are bound to be issues related to lag that can mess up the rolls, among other things.

It is true that I'm only talking about it theoretically, but I'm hoping that GPX uses a decent PRNG implementation which should not give in to "lag" itself, so the results should not be too far off, statistically speaking.

I'm about 99% certain that the "your summon/bred eggs" rule is ALWAYS an exception, and that the egg was generated for you to be able to see. I would honestly chalk it up to bad luck.

Yeah, I've thought that it is most likely just bad luck from the start, but... I would like to know if it really is so though, so can a test be made with specifics based on my case? It would help people in the future to be certain about it since it seems to me to be ambiguous right now. And hey, if my <0.094% can happen, why not your 1%? (obvious statistics jokes aside, I do run into bugs on GPX every now and then)

--------------------
+Quote Post

52 Pages V  « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 08:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.