Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Return of the Lost
Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 29 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

OOC (click to show)

Tuesday couldn’t believe her luck. She had walked for a good part of the day, trying to get as far from Petropolis City as possible. Unfortunately, despite her love of walking and her willingness to continue, exhaustion had won over. She simply wasn’t used to this type of traveling. She had been planning to just find a nice place to set up camp, when she met a farmer alongside the road.

He introduced himself as George. He’d been taking a dinner break on the side of the road when Tuesday had wandered upon his cart. Just finished with his meal, he was more than happy to let her sit in the back, since he was headed in the same direction as she was. He’d thought that she would be adverse to sitting in the hay with a small flock of Mareep, but she must have surprised him. She’d never had any qualms about getting her hands dirty (or the rest of her, for that matter).

She’d slept for the first couple of hours, and the farmer – George – seemed perfectly content with the silence. On occasion, she heard him humming a tune, but he left her alone, probably accustomed to the peaceful quiet of his pokemon passengers.

After she had awoken from her rest, Tuesday decided to take advantage of the surprisingly-smooth ride that she had been granted, and she was finishing up her response letter to Jaima.

However, she was aware that it was a rather long letter for someone who she had never met, and who was just being polite by responding to her about the letter meant for her brother. Maybe she was being a little presumptuous.

Sighing softly and stroking Cyndaquil’s back, which earned her a sleepy coo, she read over her letter.

Tuesday's Letter to Jaima (click to show)

Crinkling her nose, Tuesday decided that it would probably be better to rewrite the letter. All she needed was a simple thank you. She didn’t need to go all out like she had, and really, she had no right to. She didn’t know this Jaima, and he probably didn’t want to be bothered with some kid.

A cry of “Swell!” caused her to look up in surprise. She blinked, as the Swellow that had delivered her letter from Jaima appeared, perching gracefully on the edge of the cart. The farmer glanced back momentarily, but didn’t seem concerned, and continued driving the Tauros onward.

“Hello again,” Tuesday greeted, smiling at the familiar bird. She noted that Cyndaquil was also looking at the bird, a strange look on her rodent face. “I just need a new piece of paper, Swellow. Hold on a sec.”

Tuesday set the bum-letter to the side and reached into her bag, rooting for a fresh piece of parchment to write on. There was her sketchbook, now where was her stationary? “Aha!” she declared, successfully pulling free a slightly-wrinkled piece of paper.

She blinked in surprise when she looked up.

The Swellow and her letter were gone.

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: Apr 29 2009, 09:32 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Master Houndoom
post May 6 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

"I don't really get the fish reference, but you're right. We don't want a Beautifly Effect here." Jaima looked around, squinting. "We should find shelter." He did his best to sound calm and in control, but the truth was if he hadn't already taken care of it, he would have wet himself by now.

The pair and their pokémon started to run, but were cut off by a gout of flame from the flying beast. They skid to a halt and ran the other way, Jaima unconsciously reaching for Tuesday's arm to help her along. Their pokémon, while obviously afraid, were quite calm about it, not screaming or carrying on. Ember was watching the sky and trembling, but did not seem to be as afraid as Jaima would expect.

A call from the side caught their attention. "Here, lad and lassie, come over here! This wall is strong stone!" An aged looking farmer was beckoning them from behind a stone wall, and when Tuesday caught sight of him, she nearly stopped. This, unfortunately, caused Jaima to yank her nearly off her feet, as he didn't stop.

"Sorry! Wat's wrong?"

"Um... nothing," the girl said, continuing to run. Jaima let her get ahead, making sure their pokémon were between them. He cast a look over his shoulder, watching the large charizard nervously.

Tuesday had gotten to safety, and rather than watch the drama unfold, she eyed their benefactor curiously. The elder gentleman smiled grimly at her. "I'm thinkin' yuir nae from aroond here, but standin' in th' field with not on but a nightshirt while Flametail is angry is a sure way tae get yuirself roasted."

Jaima looked at him. "This happen a lot around these parts?"

"Oh, from time t' time, Flametail gets his tail in a knot and burns his bum a bit, an' we have tae pay fuir it. Otherwise it's a nice place." The farmer stuck out his hand. "Me names Jorgen, boyo, but ye can call me Jorge." He smiled.

"My names is... um... Jaima."

"Jaimie, is it? A right peculiar name for a lad, but as I've said b'fore, ye don't look like yuir from around there parts. He smuled and put out his hand, which Jaima shook. He didn't think trying to correct the older man would work, and he didn't intend to stay around much longer. He knelt next to Tuesday. "OK, so maybe fighting it out with this great beast isn't what we're here for. Maybe we need to look for a change and see if we can't fix i--"

"S'cuse me, lad, but c'n I ask a question?"

"Um," Jaima said, blinking. "Sure."

"Ye've got these little creatures around ye, and the lass, too. Why?"

"Well... I mean... I caught them and they help me... um... I'm training them."

"Ye c'n train 'em?"

Jaima blinked, then his eyes widened. Pokémon had been trained since ancient times, and there were stories of them being trained in the middle ages, which matched the circumstances. He cast a significant look at Tuesday, who, by her expression, had caught the anomaly as well.

No one in this time knew that pokémon were catchable.

"I think we found our dead beautifly..."

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Umbrae Calamitas   Return of the Lost   Apr 29 2009, 09:31 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   The week had gotten worse. Oh, it had started out...   Apr 29 2009, 10:35 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Thank you, sir," Tuesday replied, stand...   Apr 30 2009, 01:57 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   It was beginning to get dark when Jaima heard the ...   Apr 30 2009, 08:19 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Hell hath no fury like a Pikachu scorned,...   May 1 2009, 01:48 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima was camping. It was a nice night, and though...   May 2 2009, 05:25 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   The sun had long-since set, but Tuesday wasn't...   May 2 2009, 08:48 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   When Jaima awoke the next morning, there was a let...   May 4 2009, 01:03 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday was humming a gentle tune (one of the one...   May 4 2009, 01:48 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima passed around dried berries and, for Fang an...   May 5 2009, 05:34 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday couldn't explain the anger in the poke...   May 5 2009, 06:58 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima saw the battle and had almost sent in Grondi...   May 5 2009, 09:13 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday didn't understand the boy's reacti...   May 5 2009, 09:47 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima wiped his eyes and smiled. "Well, I was...   May 5 2009, 11:15 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Wither goest thou, young scholar?" Tu...   May 5 2009, 11:38 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima's mind was, oddly, relaxed. He knew, dee...   May 6 2009, 12:05 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Neither do I, Toto," Tuesday replied so...   May 6 2009, 12:40 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   I really am starting to think I'm losing my mi...   May 6 2009, 10:12 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima pondered the question for a long time. His e...   May 7 2009, 12:02 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday and Jaima sat pondering their predicament....   May 7 2009, 04:26 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima looked in the direction that Jorgen had poin...   May 7 2009, 05:01 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Do you think we're going to have Nazgul ...   May 7 2009, 07:36 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   They walked in silence for a while, and as they wa...   May 8 2009, 11:17 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday rubbed her head. "I'm debating ab...   May 8 2009, 01:04 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima sat and sketched out his timeline. "See...   May 8 2009, 09:47 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday smiled. "No, thank you," she sai...   May 8 2009, 11:18 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   "Hey," Jaima said, putting Tsunami's...   May 9 2009, 08:45 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Flame, the name by which the Charmeleon called him...   May 9 2009, 09:07 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima smiled grimly at Tuesday. "Ready when y...   May 10 2009, 03:03 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   A roar, growing in intensity even as it ended, rev...   May 11 2009, 01:15 AM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   "For now," Jaima sighed. "That pret...   May 11 2009, 02:41 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday laughed, as her mind leveled out on the ne...   May 11 2009, 03:22 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima looked into his bag. "I have some roast...   May 11 2009, 03:47 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Jaima was asleep and Tuesday was trying to follow ...   May 11 2009, 05:11 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima sat up, stretched, and smiled at the sun on ...   May 12 2009, 02:52 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday was scared. She was twelve years old, ha...   May 13 2009, 01:21 AM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima was scared. He was a sixteen year old resear...   May 14 2009, 04:03 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   I feel like I'm on display. Tuesday was tryin...   May 14 2009, 09:30 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   "Citizens of the Great Empire of Caesar Augus...   May 15 2009, 01:43 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   He was huge. HUGE!. Moby Dick-huge. And ...   May 15 2009, 02:22 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   He had no idea if he could do this. Jaima stared ...   May 16 2009, 09:23 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday had seen a picture of a "shiny" ...   May 17 2009, 01:27 AM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   "M-my Liege," Jaima said, dropping to on...   May 17 2009, 03:20 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   They had been transported first to Ancient Rome wh...   May 18 2009, 12:22 AM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   When Jaima woke, it was to the cry of "Witch...   May 18 2009, 03:27 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday was not happy. The inside of this stupid...   May 18 2009, 10:33 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   "Now, Tuesy, we get into a little thing I lik...   May 19 2009, 09:09 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday was still laughing when Celebi appeared. T...   May 19 2009, 11:04 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Six Years Ago The man was breathing heavily, hidi...   May 20 2009, 11:17 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Hey, Celebi, what's the matter?" Tu...   May 21 2009, 01:04 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Let's review how time works, children, said ar...   May 21 2009, 09:56 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   New Bark Town didn't look a great deal differe...   May 27 2009, 02:05 AM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   When Jaima awoke, he had tears in his eyes. He...   May 28 2009, 01:27 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Did she really save him, just for him to die. Tu...   May 29 2009, 11:26 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   When Jaima heard the rumbling and saw the Thief pu...   May 31 2009, 03:50 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   She'd caught sight of him by pure luck, she wa...   May 31 2009, 10:54 AM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   "Why won't this damn thing work?!...   Jun 1 2009, 11:48 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Not again," she whispered. Tuesday leg...   Jun 1 2009, 12:53 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima did not notice when Mercury's body disap...   Jun 1 2009, 03:59 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Gaggle," Tuesday muttered in amusement....   Jun 1 2009, 11:19 PM
Hungry Hungry Houndoom   Jaima approached the group of boys, each of them e...   Jun 2 2009, 11:17 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday blinked her eyes open, yawning softly. Ble...   Jun 2 2009, 11:59 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:47 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.