Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Hidden Agendas
Master Houndoom
post Aug 20 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #21

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Jay could feel it almost as if Sagira were broadcasting it directly to him from her own head (and, given what he knew of her, that was a possibility). If he had not been there, Vivi would be bloody and unconscious at her most restrained. For himself, Jay let the drama play on, only reminding her that there was more than her pride at stake with the barest of touches.

Jay hadn't known Ivy long. The few weeks it had taken for him to recover from the gunshot, and what he'd learned from Sagira before that, but he knew something Wasn't Right with her from the moment Sagira'd recognized her. She was upright, for one, when before the least relaxed they would have noticed would have had a slight slump to it, as if she'd rather be on all fours but was trying to be human so that people would listen to her. Her eyes were clear, but somehow empty. Not completely, but like someone with colored contacts in, ones that covered their whole eyes. You knew there was a person in there, but there was something artificial there nonetheless. He didn't like it, and he didn't like the words coming out of her mouth. Phrases like 'defiance to me is defiance to Aqua' sounded all too much like propaganda to him. And he didn't even know that Ivy had known the species names of their pokémon. He could have sworn he heard Ivy call Hinata "Pretty Greyface".

That might have been a delirium dream, though, he had, after all, been drugged for a time.

Sagira's body tensed, and he could feel it through the air around her, in the space between them. She was coiling, but she was holding back so adamantly her entire body seemed about to lock up. Still she remained still, only her face reacting as Ivy explained where her pokémon were, and that they were to be split up. Jay's eyes narrowed a bit at that. There was a reason Sagira and Jay were still a team, and it had nothing to do with their relationship.

Sagira beat him to the punch, however, after they began walking. At first he thought she was pouting, but something in the air between them seemed to be... it was the same as when he was feeling her tension, but it was almost as if she were drawing from him, something he had in abundance and could spare. When she released Paladin, and Ivy barked her order (ha, I made a funny, he thought with no humor), Jay made a point to release Hinata.

Headpaint?

Jay sent her, mentally, an assurance that headpaint was soon, but there were other things to worry about. This satisfied Hinata, who floated above her shoulder. Who's the girl with you two and Victor?

Jay made a point not to react, but he was surprised. You can't tell?

Hinata was silent for a second, and he thought she might be conferring with Paladin. Well... we think it's Ivy, but it doesn't feel right. She trailed off. Sagira's more pissed off than usual. Was that why she nearly threw Ivy into the street?

You could feel that from inside your pokéball?

You can't miss a surge of psychic energy from that close. Duh. Hinata floated, seemingly placidly, but answered the question that was on his mind. Paladin's talking to Sagira. She's really upset. And her shields are too strong for me to get through to find out why.

Jay nodded. Think you can ask Paladin to ask Sagira if she wants you two to link us? It was a risky move. He knew Sagira was private, and having him, even a little bit, even givn their new relationship, a constant presence in her mind might make her more paranoid.

You're going to Link?! Jay that's kind of... intimate, isn't it?!"

Jay chuckled a bit. Not a full link like you and I. Kind of just... a way to call each other if we really need it. And only while you two are able.

Oh! You want a bridge! We can do that easily. Still, it'll mean a lot if we ask, right?

The entire conversation hadn't taken long, because a psychic would always be able to get the information a non-psychic was wanting to give, and give the information out the same way. When Sagira pushed past Ivy and Vivi, Jay pushed past just after her. He reached down and touched the inside of her forearm, hoping to calm her. She wasn't lying, ever. She'd scrap the mission and take the heat for it without batting an eye, but something told Jay that it was important to keep an eye on these two.

Her hand came up and gripped his, firmly, and she didn't let go. Jay pulled her into an alley, motioning for Ivy and Victor to follow. It wouldn't do for the Elites to think all he wanted was to make out with Sagira.

He looked at Sagira, who was still gripping his hand, facing him now and trying to compose her face behind the thick curtain (do NOT tell her you thought of her hair as a curtain, or she'll think you're teasing her!) of her hair. He leaned in, effectively blocking the front from outside viewing, too.

"Breath, Catseye," he said, and Sagira's eyes snapped up, wary. When she saw his, she calmed, a fraction, and nodded. "I'll talk to 'em, if we're still in. If we're out, I'm with you, ok?" She nodded again, her face giving the slightest droop of gratitude.

"Lange, we do not have ti--" Jay looked at her, raising a brow.

"Calm down, Herr Kylerian, we need to make the time for this." When she narrowed his eyes at him, he raised his brow. "It's important, and I need to confer with my partner--"

"VI-TALIS is your partner, Lange!" Ivy stood with her hands on her hips, and Jay rolled his eyes.

"Aquanet is my supervisor, and you know it. Sagira and I are partners, and that's straight from my boss' mouth. Defying him would be defying Aqua. You don't want to do that, do you, Herr Kylerian? Nooo, I didn't think so."

He ignored their fuming and turned his attention back to Sagira, who had a funny look on her face, as if she were going to laugh very angrily. Jay winked. "We in," he whispered, and Paladin must have been very persuasive. She nodded.

With a mental command, Hinata disappeared. Jay turned to Ivy and Victor, distinctly aware that they were pissed off. "OK, there's a reason your group invites our group on missions: we're good at this kind of thing. So let me give some advice: We can't do this in uniform."

Ivy opened her mouth to protest, but Jay raised a hand to interrupt. "Hear me out. You know why Sagira and I eluded Aqua for as long as we did? Because they were always in uniform. We could see them coming a mile away. If Linda's on the run, she's going to be the same way, moron or not. If she's still with Magma, then anyone in an Aqua uniform is going to be suspect."

Hinata popped behind Jay, laying a bag down. Siryn's ball, which she had taken with her, was replaced on the back of his belt. "I took the liberty of bringing a change of clothes. You can either follow suit, or you can pretend we're your prisoners. Either way, it'll be less conspicuous if we don't look like we're from the team who controls this town's main enemy. Right?"

Jay waited for the two Elites to confer, and felt Sagira squeeze the hand she never released. "Hey, BlueJay," she whispered, her voice much less angry than when she'd read riot over Ivy. Even so, she seemed as if she were trying to convince herself to ask a question. Finally she let it out, in a semi rushed sentence. "Are you still offering to buy me fang caps..?"

Jay looked at her, a surprised smile forming on his face. "You are going to let me get you your fangs capped?" Sagira's face fell into a passive, annoyed mask, but before she could say anything, he gave a grin and a half shrug. "Sure. No problem. If we have time, before the mission."

"Wait, you're not going to tease me?" Sagira looked at him, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"What, and have you tell me to forget it?" Jay actually chuckled. "I offered, and the offer stands. Besides, I fell for a girl with fangs. I'd like her back as much as you would." He winked, and she actually blushed.

"If you got me something pink, or that hideous blonde wig, I'll kill you," she said, looking at the bag. Jay smirked, leaning close after pulling out jeans and a charcoal grey muscle shirt.

"No, my dear. It's either a dress or nothing at all for you. And I happen to have no dress in that bag."

Sagira shot him a look, but could see that he had, indeed, thought to have Hinata raid her room. She knelt and gathered the clothing, and couldn't help a genuine grin. He'd packed her a black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, her boots, and her cat ear headband. It wasn't spandex... but it would do.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Aug 22 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #22

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

"Sagira, you're with me. Jay, you shall respond to Victor's orders."

Victor lit up like a Volbeat in mating season, and not only had he found a mate, but three gorgeous, voluptuous Illumise. One went by the name of Jay-And-Sagira-Are-Being-Separated, the second Sagira-Is-Away-From-Victor and the last Illumise was Victor-Is-In-Charge-Of-Jay. And Victor was most definitely going to have fun with his three mates. He relished the sweet aroma of the Illumise and planned how to make the best of the wonderful opportunity he had stumbled upon. For the third, Victor already had some abuse in mind.

I changed my mind. This is going to be a fabulous mission! Victor thought with a gleaming smile. Ivy's orders had completely wiped out any emotion he had felt when Sagira threatened him. Sycophantic? Puh-lease! I don't even know what that means! At the time, Victor had been very intimidated by the deranged teenager, but with three Illumise to keep him company, nothing could hold him down... except for the excessive amount of nicknames he was being given.

"VI-TALIS is your partner, Lange!"

"Aquanet is my supervisor, and you know it."

Victor was never very fond of nicknames. He was "Victor" and there was no question about it, though he was named very snidely by some "Victoria". He purposely assumed the name "Vitalis," then Ivy came in and introduced "Vicky," which Victor despised but put up with for the sake of his friend. Sagira and Jay seemed to find it humorous, or if was for another reason, Victor could not figure it out, to call him "Vivitalis" or "Vivi," though Victor was pretty sure they knew his name by now. Even when they didn't know his name, it aggravated Victor because he knew they knew that "Vi-Vitalis" was just a slip of the tongue. And apparently, "Aquanet" was the new obnoxious nickname for Victor.

"You know, this really has to stop, this whole nickname thing." Victor's sentence was accompanied by handmotions that related in no way to the statement. His happiness had gone into his hands while Victor addressed an issue that he could take no longer. "It's Victor, ok? I know I told all of you otherwise, but I can't stand for your foolishness anymore. You've known what my real name is so start using it... Lange! Smythe! Answer me!"

The couple were whispering what Victor deemed nonsense to each other. Anything that didn't involve himself was nonsense to Victor. With a change of clothes in their hands, both Sagira and Jay turned to face their addresser. Sagira, who seemed to be restraining herself, walked out of the alley and into the street without a sound, heading towards a nearby store.

"That's nice, Vivi," Jay responded, resulting in growl from Victor. He too left the alley and walked into a store.

"I cannot work with these two, Ivy!" Victor was facing his now beautiful friend, who seemed very upset herself. They are just so freaking-" He tried to think of the most descriptive and appropriate adjective in his vocabulary and came up short.

"Recalcitrant," Ivy finished Victor's sentence with a larger word than what Victor would think she would use.

Quickly dismissing the issue, Victor made his way towards an article on the ground he was sure belonged to Sagira. He picked up a cat ear headband and immediately came up with a musical idea that made him feel tingly inside, for it was a two-in-on opportunity. Victor could lash out on Sagira without her knowing, which would not end nicely if she did, and he could show off his singing voice in public.

Donning the cat ears, Victor sang "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee," from Grease, dedicated fully to Sagira with special lyrics. "Look at me, I'm Cat Lady. I lost my virginity. I went to bed with an ugly red-head because I'm a freak! Watch-"

"Victor!" Ivy cut him off. "Quit fooling around!"

"What? I was just having some fun. It's just Sagira and her boyfriend, anyway." Victor removed the headband and turned around, intending to go check his hair in the reflection of a store window. However, he found himself facing two Aqua grunts in civilian clothing. Victor suddenly lost any of that joy the imaginary symbolic Illumise were providing and that fear from being threatened creeped back. He forced a chuckle and handed the cat ears to Sagira. "Um... I think you dropped something."

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 22 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay had waited on Sagira (after all, he didn't have to worry about as much insofar as getting dressed was concerned) and blinked as she came out, looking confused.

"You brought my headband, didn't you?" Her eyes were scrunched. "I could have sworn I saw it."

Jay smiled softly. "Yeah. Maybe you dropped it. Come on, herr Kylerian and Aquanet aren't going to be patient forever."

At the mention of the two elites, Sagira stopped, closing her eyes and clenching her fists. "I hat-" She pressed her lips together, stopping what she was about to say, and let out a shaky breath. "What's happened to her? Was it Victor who did this? If I find out it was..."

Jay stepped close and wrapped arms around her, feeling her tense at first, but eventually relaxing against him. He made a point not to squeeze her; his arms hung loosely at her hips. "I don't know, Catseye... but that's why I want us to finish this out. I don't really care about the mission anymore. Yeah, it'll be nice to show Bryce how we're really his best team," Sagira snorted at this, but he was half joking anyway, "but I really want to see what's with Kylerian. It's like she's..." he trailed off. He had no idea what it was like, just that it was different, and sudden, and he wished he could make it stop. If only to make Sagira more at ease.

She was living up to her nickname more than ever now. She was as jumpy as a skitty in a roomful of growlithe.

They walked together back to the alley, only to find Victor singing and dancing, wearing Sagira's cat ears. He must have just started,because the song, a parody from Grease, had only just named her. Jay's heart dropped when he heard Victor's song. If there was one thing that any clear-thinking girl was sensitive about, it was being seen as a slut.

Oh, shit.

Oh, shit.

"Oh, shit."

Victor had even managed to insult Jay, but that was secondary. He couldn't even think about it, because just after Victor took the headband off at Ivy's enraged tone, he had to move. Sagira, in true cat fashion, had waited until her prey had turned and spotted her, taking advantage of his frozen split second to lunge.

Jay moved with her, somehow managing to both get in front of her and block Ivy from doing the same. He grabbed her wrists, holding her back as Sagira, with clawed gloves firmly in place, struggled to reach Victor.

"Let me go," she growled, struggling against Jay's grip, which he hoped wasn't so tight it would bruise her. He had to concentrate more on her not scratching him now, because he had, foolishly, gotten in the way of her messing up more than Victor's hair.

"Catseye, you can't kill him yet!" Sagira had finally slipped free and spun around Jay, forcing him to grab her around the waist and stomach.

"I can so, he's right there! He touched my ears!" She was hissing now, twisting, and Jay, not entirely on accident, bumped Ivy with his hip in the struggle, forcing the girl back.

"I'm sure it'll be fine after the mission!" He was hoping that the mention of her ears was an indication that she was just trying to scare Victor, but her struggles were too strong. As much of a turn on as it may have been to wrestle with Sagira, he was too afraid of her ruining her life by killing a superior to enjoy it.

"He made fun of me, Lange," she snarled, and Jay sighed. She was calling him by his last name. He was definitely on the proverbial couch tonight.

"You're not that petty, Sagira," he said, as gently as her struggles allowed. She stopped, still tense, still straining, but so angry at what had come to her mind that only stillness could let her communicate the depth of it.

"He accused me of being a tramp!"

Jay paused. He was just as angry, but he'd long learned not to give into his anger. It had been part of him for so long that it was reflex. "I'll handle it."

"I don't need you to fight my battles," Sagira spat. She lunged again, and Jay raised his voice.

"I'll handle it!" When she didn't cease her struggles, Jay played his last card. It nearly broke his heart to do it.

"Do you trust me, Catseye?"

Sagira once again went still, and then whipped her head around, turning in Jay's arms. Her face was a mask of white hot fury.

"That... is not... fair"

Jay couldn't look her in the eye for a moment, then decided he had to. "I know."

Sagira watched his face, his eyes, then tore herself away from him. Rather than go after Victor again, she stalked toward, and then past Ivy. Jay stepped in Victor's direction, snatched the cat ears from his hand as roughly as possible, then handed them to Ivy. "She'll want those eventually." He couldn't help glaring at her, just a bit. "And if you think of berating us over this, I'll let her take Victor and then we'll leave. You still need us, Herr Kylerian." He turned to Victor. "Now, you owe me your life, too," he said, unable to say more without looking like a hypocrite and killing Victor himself.

Jay's hands were shaking, and he walked to the other end of the alleyway, trusting Victor to follow, not because Victor was suddenly the subordinate, but because he would look ineffective if he didn't pretend that Jay was doing what Victor wanted him to do just then.

When they were out of earshot, Victor let out a breath. "I can't believe she almost attacked me like that! I was only having fun! When the reports are written up, I'll be sure to ment-"

"Shut. Up." It was a deep growl, from Jay's stomach, and it actually made Victor stop talking for a moment. He made up for it in no time.

"You can't talk to me like that, I'm your superior!"

Jay spun, clenching his fists. "Yes, I can. You're an idiot! Do you know what I had to do to stop her? Do you know what you've done?! Shit!" He turned and started walking. "We need to talk." He sighed, calming finally. "Let's hit the starbucks, I need chocolate."

If Victor had been about to give an order, it died in his throat at the mention of Starbucks. He followed Jay happilly to one, forgetting that the mission was paramount (perhaps even believing that Starbucks was more important), and ordered his drink. Jay ordered a peppermint hot chocolate, eliciting a wrinkled nose from his supervisor, but no comment.

They sat, and Jay stared at Victor, who was practically wiggling in his seat. Finally he deigned to take notice. "What?"

"Victor," Jay said, trying his hardest to sound like a proper subordinate. "May I make a suggestion?"

Victor waved his hand, as if to say, 'go ahead'. Jay clenched his teeth. It was nauseating enough as it was without this 'I am your King' routine.

"A good leader has the respect of his underlings. Insulting them is a bad idea. Making them angry enough to kill you is worse. Sagira is very upset with you right now, and I'd like you to make it right. And, even though it's not your business, we haven't slept together, and there are no immediate plans to. We're... we were very happy just being together without all that stupidity coming up."

"Your relationship problems aren't my concern, Lange," he said, evidently feeling much more in control with some caffeine in his system and Sagira out of his face. "See to it that it doesn't affect your mission."

Jay sighed, put his hands on the table, and looked Victor in the eye. "Fine. I said what I have to say. I got one more thing, though." Victor raised a brow, an jay grabbed his cup, taking a sip and letting the peppermint relax him a bit. When he finished his drink, he smiled, much less tense. He'd given Victor his chance. "If I ever hear you insulting my girlfriend again," he said, standing and patting Victor on the shoulder like they were old friends, "I'll toss you in front of a moving bus and tell them you tripped. Got it?"

Jay walked out the door, waving cordially to the barista, and waited outside.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Aug 24 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #24

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Something boiled within Ivy that she did not enjoy at all. It made her visibly shake and it took so much will power, so much of her own physical strength, to just bring it down to a mild tremor. Uncontrolled, Ivy would have been thrashing – of that she had no doubt. She felt like a Metapod who had been injected with Weedle eggs – the larvae screaming to burst right out through her flesh.

“Ungh…” Ivy moaned, holding a hand to her mouth quickly and turning it into a cough. Something was terribly wrong. She didn’t feel right one bit and something behind her eyes was stinging, making her squint terribly.

*Why is Sagira speaking to me like this? I’m following the rules like I was told! The rules are there to make us better, support us through difficult situations, to bring order to our actions and, above all, ensure that our missions are successful. I want to be successful!*

Jay began muttering something quietly to Sagira who looked much more red in the face than usual. Ivy knew that the girl was mad at her, but why? What had Ivy done wrong? She was following the book just like she had been taught. In fact, almost to the letter! Missions were for working, leave was for playing. Those were the rules and every should know them. Everyone!

"Lange, we do not have ti--" Ivy began, the rules dictating that she put a halt to any time wasting amid lower ranking officers. Jay looked at her, raising a brow. She had half a mind to slap him there and then but none of her training allowed physical retribution unless under traitorous circumstances. Her self control held strong.

"Calm down, Herr Kylarian, we need to make the time for this." Ivy narrowed her eyes at him, making him raise that brow again. "It's important, and I need to confer with my partner--"

"VI-TALIS is your partner, Lange!" Ivy stood with her hands on her hips, and Jay rolled his eyes.

"Aquanet is my supervisor, and you know it. Sagira and I are partners, and that's straight from my boss' mouth. Defying him would be defying Aqua. You don't want to do that, do you, Herr Kylarian? Nooo, I didn't think so."

*Dumb stupid Lange-based logic!*

The talk finally turned back to the mission and Ivy appreciated that both Jay and Sagira had remained undetected for such a long time when they had been on the run. Although Jay’s tone was inappropriate, his advice was not and for that, Ivy let him continue. They might be the pets of their commanding officer but hers out ranked theirs – the rules would be read in any court-hearing and no-one could deny the consequences then. Even so, Ivy did not want for Sagira and Jay to be in trouble – she just wanted to complete the mission successfully and she was working it the way she had been taught.

The shakes were beginning to subside when the childish matter of nicknames came up. Now, nicknames had been somewhat of an enjoyable pastime of Ivy’s before she had been injured and she had undergone her treatment but she now saw how it could be offensive and unprofessional. The shakes began annnew.

*I must control it! I won’t let it control me!*

"I cannot work with these two, Ivy! They are just so freaking-" Victor began to complain.

"Recalcitrant," Ivy finished for her friend and team-mate, not noticing the glances flicker her way.

Once more, the tomfoolery began with Victor tormenting Sagira. Ivy yelled at him to stop but things were out of her hands already. She could do nothing to stop the foolish children around. Nothing to take command like it had been expected of her. Nothing. And why?

*They don’t respect you. They are the Tyranitar to your Caterpie. They’d squash you underfoot if you aren’t careful. Be careful, Hedera. They do not care for you. Remember who cares for you…*

Images of Officer Crichton and Ivy’s PokéMama flashed into her head, but the Mightyena seemed smaller and more faint than her human guardian. In fact, Ivy could barely see her face clearly at all…

Jay handed her Sagira’s ears. Ivy strained herself to take them from him without flinching and looked down at them thoughtfully. These ears had been the trigger behind her finding her friend when she had been on the run. It had been able to donate the scent of the raven-haired girl to the noses of Ivy’s brothers without uncertainty and had led her straight to the girl. Funny how something small could do such a thing.

*They mean a lot to Sagira… They mean a lot to me…*

As Jay and Victor peeled away to go their own way, Ivy followed Sagira to a nearby alley where they could change into civilian clothes as Jay had suggested. Ivy only had the change that Victor had selected for her, so it would have to do for now. Ivy sighed and watched control slip away from her.

“Let’s go, Sagira.” She said in defeat, tossing her backpack down behind a dumpster and rummaging inside. “We’ve wasted enough time already.”

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Aug 25 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #25

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Traveling with an angry Sagira was something that every one of her pokemon had been forced to grow used to, but it was never the most pleasant of experiences. They had all been spoiled recently, as well, by Sagira's mate, whose very presence considerably calmed her. When her life was easier, so too was theirs.

However, Sagira was very angry at the moment, and they were realizing just how much they were becoming used to a lighter-hearted Sagira. A Sagira who had someone to lean on that wasn't a pokemon; someone who was real to her.

And someone who acted like her father, Taikyrus.

Umbrae padded along silently next to his trainer, contemplating the many what-ifs he had so far been offered in life. Strange, how such diverse possibilities wound themselves around the Smythe family.

Umbrae remembered Taikyrus Smythe. How could he not? - the man had hatched him. He had been so kind to him, despite Umbrae knowing that he had been bred for a more professional purpose than to be someone's companion. He was never originally intended to become Sagira's pokemon. His purpose had been one of scientific experimentation.

He remembered the wires and tubes; watching Doctor Taikyrus move about the room, taking handwritten and recording verbal notes. He remembered some of the electric shocks, mild but still painful, though the doctor never left them go on for long, and always rubbed Umbrae's muscles out after each session, lessening the lingering effects.

Umbrae remembered one particular test that still confused him to this day. It was after he had been hatched for a while, after many tests and trials, that he sat in the center of a table, having what appeared to be a staring contest with Doctor Taikyrus...

The room was grey and windowless, as was every room that Umbrae spent his time in. Doctor Taikyrus had explained to him that he must be quiet, so that no one else found him, or they would take him away. Doctor Taikyrus wasn't supposed to have him. He was only allowed to have Socrates with him.

But when Umbrae had been born, Doctor Taikyrus had been there, with Socrates by his side. Umbrae knew the persian instantly by smell - it was a scent that held similarities to his own, as well as differences. There was a common gene in their blood - something passed from the feline to his son, Umbrae. Doctor Taikyrus was only allowed to have Socrates, but he loved Umbrae, too, so Umbrae stayed quiet and unnoticed by any other people, hidden in his room.

That day was different from the others. Usually, Doctor Taikyrus brought him breakfast in the morning, and then went and did work outside of his room all day. He would eat lunch with Umbrae, preforming small, easy tests upon the houndour while he ate his turkey, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, and if Umbrae was good, he got to eat the extra piece of turkey in Doctor Taikyrus' lunch box. Then the man would go and do more work until he fed Umbrae at suppertime. After that, the houndour wouldn't see him again until breakfast time the next morning.

But Doctor Taikyrus had spent the entire day with Umbrae. He was happy to see his friend the doctor, who always smelled really, really clean and wore a funny white dress that was open in the front, which he took off sometimes to throw on a chair in the corner.

"Now, Umbrae," Doctor Taikyrus said, kneeling by the table to stare into the houndour's eyes, "I want you to listen very closely to what I am about to say, all right?"

Umbrae yipped very softly, wagging his stubby tail. He would do anything for Doctor Taikyrus, who was always so nice even though sometimes it seemed like he was bothered by something.

The doctor stared deeply into his eyes and then said a word that Umbrae would never forget.

"Raksha."

Darkness.

Umbrae remembered. It was like someone had flipped a switch. The next thing he recalled was waking up, trapped inside some enclosed space. He had cried for a long time, wondering what he had done so wrong that he was locked inside a cage, but he couldn't think of anything. He had cried for his dad, then, but no answer came.

He remembered feeling like he was being tossed about and rocked from side to side for a long time, but then it finally stopped. Everything stopped.

There was muffled sounds at one point, but then nothing, and Umbrae had finally gained the courage to try and escape. And he succeeded.

That was when he met Sagira. He was in Pallet Town, at her house, and the place smelled of Taikyrus, but other people, as well. Strangers. And Umbrae had been frightened, until he smelled the strange girl in front of him, and realized that she had a similar scent to Doctor Taikyrus', just like Umbrae had a similar scent to his father, Socrates.

That could have gone nowhere, of course. Umbrae had followed Sagira around, constantly asking her where Doctor Taikyrus was, but of course, she couldn't understand him to answer. He played as her shadow, then, tagging along because she smelled like the man who had hatched him, and sometimes she acted like him. And then, other times, she acted like someone else, and he liked this other person.

And finally, after an eternity of following her, after trying to protect her from the people who made mean faces, she accepted him and treated him like Doctor Taikyrus had treated him, and they became a family.

He learned later that Doctor Taikyrus had gone missing, and that neither Sagira nor her mother knew where Umbrae came from. There were no records of him, of course, because he had been a secret. He was a shadow. Umbrae.

It occurred to him how, if Sagira had not grown to like him, he might have never gained a family. If Doctor Taikyrus hadn't disappeared, he might have never met Sagira, and grown up in order to protect her and Serenity. If Doctor Taikyrus hadn't needed a test subject, or Socrates didn't like the houndour that the doctor provided, Umbrae might not even exist.

But then, maybe if Doctor Taikyrus hadn't said that strange word, Umbrae would have been awake to protect him, and he would still be with the doctor, eating turkey sandwiches and poke-food, and spending time curled up with his father.

So many possibilities surrounded the Smythe family, and the same seemed to be occurring with Sagira's mate, and her friend who was acting strangely, and the fuzzy-smelling boy that Umbrae had yet to meet but would very... much... like... to...

Umbrae growled softly, but quieted when Sagira glanced at him. He wasn't supposed to be out of his pokeball, according to the dog-girl turned model, but Sagira never did follow the rules. Just to be safe, though, Umbrae had to be quiet, be silent, be a shadow. Umbrae.

~*~

Paladin floated along silently behind Sagira, next to Umbrae. The canine was quiet and contemplative - Paladin could feel the waves of thoughtfulness rolling off of him, and he reached out and touched the houndour's mind thoughtfully. He was not blinded by the darkness of the creature's type, and this both confused and enthralled him. What an intriguing houndour! He was much like Videl, only he was not happy all of the time, but simply... calm.

Paladin grew confused as his mind was linked with Umbrae's, reliving a part of his life that, while short, was full of much. He remembered, when linking to Sagira's mind once, that she did not know where Umbrae had come from before she received his pokeball in the mail, because her father had records of his every other pokemon. Umbrae was a mystery, but he knew the answer to Sagira's questions. Some of them, at least. The question she most wanted answered, however, not even the houndour knew. His actions during that period were null, a blindness caused by a strange word that Paladin had never heard before.

Raksha...

~*~

They had been walking for at least an hour and a half, moving through wealthy district, wandering into hotels and trying to appear like tourists as they searched for signs of Linda.

Sagira hadn't cooled down in the least. If anything, her ire had only grown. She was stuck working "with" Kylarian, who was still not acting like the person that Sagira knew. She was giving orders and demanding cooperation and that pokemon be kept inside of their pokeballs at all times. Ivy would have all of her pokemon out and crowded around her like a queen's entourage. But Kylarian wasn't like that. Kylarian was a drone. Kylarian... followed the rules.

Sagira had made her stance on the rules clear; that was why Umbrae was trotting along silently behind her. Recently, their... missions had called for the strengths of Paladin and Hinata most of all, so Sagira's other pokemon had been left out, and she missed them. Umbrae had also always been a source of strength and protection, and Sagira felt she needed that now. Both to protect her from the strangeness of this new Kylarian (and, on a lesser, will-not-be-admitted-upon-penalty-of-death degree, the world without Jay by her side), as well as to protect the people around her from Sagira's rage.

Kylarian seemed safe enough. Sagira had simply deemed her a rule-abiding, arrogant bitch with a badge, who had no connection to the Ivy she had thought she knew. However, if Victor came within Sagira's hearing range, he was probably going to die if someone didn't interfere.

And, at the moment, if Jay interfered, he would probably die, too.

"Now, you owe me your life, too."

Sagira clenched her hands into fists and very nearly snarled. She couldn't believe Jay had said that! What, were they keeping score now? Was he marking down how many times he saved Sagira's life, so that she could repay him back? Was she nothing more to him than that - eye candy and a vending machine for "life savers?" She really thought she meant more to him than that...

"You do, my lady," Paladin assured her, floating closer and touching her back with a small hand.

I'm not so sure, Paladin, Sagira thought, confident that the kirlia would pick up her mental reply.

"He has been trying to speak to you, my lady. Please, speak with him? Settle this now."

No, Paladin. I'm- I don't think I could right now, not without lashing out. I don't want to hear his voice.

"But-"

No, Sagira thought firmly, quickening her gait and stepping slightly ahead of Kylarian. She didn't care if she pissed the girl off. Sagira was no one's bitch, and no pack's omega. Don't speak of it again, she ordered, feeling hurt but refusing to let it show as she scanned the area, looking for signs of Linda so that they could finish this damn mission and be done with it.

She heard Paladin sigh in her mind. "As you wish, milady."

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 25 2009, 02:03 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

She's not answering me.

Jay sighed, and said nothing. However, Hinata felt as if the sigh was an accusation. I mean, her shields? Very strong, lately. They were naturally strong, but Paladin really has trained her well, so they're doubly so. Quite, quite strong. So I can't even get through! But she won't answer Paladin. It's frustrating us, really../

"I don't blame you two, Hinata," Jay said, sighing again, and the kirlia relaxed a little bit.

Oh. Good. There was silence between them. Somewhere in an alley, Videl was rooting around, sending embers at rattata and parasect, not harming them, but frightening them away. She had always had a special dislike for those particular species, and tormented them playfully whenever the chance arose. Siryn watched in fascinated, malicious glee as the rat and mushroom pokemon scampered around. At his feet, Raven looked on, completely bored.

Jay sighed again, looking over his shoulder. He had left Victor inside on purpose to mull over his words, but he had little hope that anything he'd said would get through. He'd rather Victor genuinely try to treat Sagira, if not nicely, then at least courteously, but he didn't count on even his threat keeping Victor at bay for long.

This is frustrating!

Jay shook his head. "Might as well stop trying, Hinata. She's not going to answer. She's stubborn."

Well can you blame her? You practically snarled that she owes you her life..! Hinata covered her mouth, even though that wasn't how she had spoken, and squinched her eyes shut, even though that's not how she saw. Jay looked at her, his face scrunched.

"What are you talking about?"

Hinata sighed, mentally and audibly. In the alley. When you told victor he owed you now, too.

"Yeah... so?" Jay's face showed more confusion.

So, who else could possibly owe you?

"Ivy."

That's right! ... wait, what..?

Jay looked at Hinata, smiling in his confusion. "Yeah. I kind of took a bullet for her not too long ago? Arm still twinges?"

But- I tho-- and she thou-- oh, Jay..! Hinata's eyes squeezed together even more.

"If anything, I owe her. She has saved me twice now..." Jay snorted, a soft laugh.

No, don't say that! Aw.... Hinata's head bowed. We'll fix it.

Jay waved a hand.

To the side, Raven, Videl, and Siryn watched. They looked at each other, Siryn with innocent wonder, Videl with a happy, yet shrewd look, and Raven, calculating. They looked at each other again. Maybe, if Hinata couldn't fix it, then they'd have to.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Aug 25 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #27

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Victor acted calm, cool and collected with his Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand as Jay left the building. Once the grunt had left, Victor slid down into his seat and shoved the coffee into his mouth. He was sure he had burned his tongue, but he paid no mind to the sensation in his mouth. Victor was very much concerned with the situation he had pranced into. Sagira wasn't acting very kindly, but he knew he shouldn't have reacted the way he did.

Damn conscience, Victor silently cursed the part of his mind that was making him feel bad. I always thought the conscience was useless. It only holds you back from doing things you want to do. Sagira deserved every bit of mockery I gave her. And who does she think she is? She thinks she can be a bitch to anyone she wants without a reciprocal? Unacceptable. She'll thank me one day when she finally realizes the error of her ways. Only I won't be there to say 'You're welcome,' because she most certainly is not welcome.

Victor was making several facial expressions as he thought and a few on-lookers seemed confused. "What are you looking at?" he sneered at a wide eyed girl holding onto a Drifloon. "I hope that balloon steals your soul!" Drifloon have been known to attempt such a deed, but are most often pulled around instead.

"Mommy!" The young girl in a flowery, frilly dress dashed out the door, tugging the Drifloon along with her.

"I hate children," Victor mumbled to himself. He chugged the rest of his latte, walked to the garbage can and violently redeemed his spot when he saw an old man heading towards the chair Victor had been sitting in. I need time to think and I want this spot, Victor said to justify his rudeness.

"Victor..."

The Aqua elite, panic-stricken, searched for the source of the voice. Sure, he looked insane to that little girl and a few other Starbucks customers, but Victor was afraid to admit he just a heard a voice inside his head. "...Hello?" he dared to speak aloud. When there was no response, Victor quickly grabbed his bag and ran to the door. As he approached the glass doors, he noticed it was covered in frost. It's not winter already? he asked himself. I don't have any winter fashions for this season though! Victor put his face closer to the glass to inspect the premature frost and wrenched his head away in an instant. There was a terrible screech as three sharp nails pressed down against the glass, leaving three streaks. Suddenly, there was a cold, petite hand on Victor's shoulder.

"OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!" Victor sprinted out of the coffee shop with his arms flailing. He bumped into Jay unexpectedly and tried to catch his breath to explain himself, meaning to say "I'm sorry for being an asshole!" but could only pant out, "Sorry-asshole-" Victor apologized, thinking he was being cursed as some sort of retribution for his actions. He felt an icy wind brush his legs and cried, "Get away you freak! Go to Hell!" Victor ran into a nearby store where he hoped he would find sanctuary.

Jay meanwhile stood with his Pokemon thinking Victor had just called him an asshole, as well as a freak. and damned him to Hell.

Victor was hiding in a circular rack of clearance items, his diaphram heaving heavily. As he has been known to do, he became distracted and started sifting through the clothes surrounding him. "Eww. Who wears this crap? What store did I enter?" A good long fifteen minutes passed and Victor finally emerged not of his own will, but rather because a sales clerk had forcibly removed him. Feeling somewhat safer, he reminded himself of the mission and headed into a changing room, already pulling out the clothing in his bag. He came out of the shabby little shop with a rather expensive and not very discreet designer wardrobe.

"Lady Victoria, he does not recognize me."

"I forgot," a beautiful Magma whispered to her invisible Froslass. "He hasn't seen you since you were a Snorunt. Try and-" She shut her mouth as an Aqua grunt passed by the iron bars of Kyogre's Maw's prison cell #76A.

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Aug 25 2009, 08:45 PM

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 29 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay stared after Victor, scowling as the boy ran toward the store. He had to look at the ground to get control of himself. Had he really just slammed into him and breathed out how sorry he was that Jay was an asshole?

All he'd heard was "sorry" and "asshole", but one doesn't usually run away from an apology. That tore it. He was going to give Victor the piece of his mind that he deserved.

He looked up and stared at Victor, just in time to hear him shout, "Get away you freak! Go to Hell!" His jaw clenched, and Victor ducked into a store.

He's terrified, came Hinata's surprised voice in his head. He could tell he was really angry, because it sounded fuzzy. He took a moment to try to calm down before answerng. What was it about this guy that got through his calm?

"He should be terrified, he just called me an asshole!" Nope. Not calm yet.

Hinata's voice came through clearer, but Jay thought it was more from her trying to make him listen than his calming down. There's more to it than that. He's being chased, or thinks he is.

"Why, did you see anything?" It was a stupid question, and he rolled his eyes, but the faux pas did what he hadn't been able to do before. His anger evaporated.

Not since I hatched, came Hinata's wry mental voice. She was not angry, but sarcastic, and her next question oozed concern more than bitterness. Are you OK, Jay?

Jay sighed, tossing his cup into a trash bin and following Victor. "It's him. He sets me off."

If you want my opinion, I think it's not just him. I think it's her.

"Ivy? Yeah, something's wrong with her, too." Jay pondered that for a moment.

Sagira, wise ass. Hinata's eyes rolled, both physically and mentally. It's the first time a girl hasn't let you apologize right away, isn't it?

Jay sighed. "I knew what I was getting into when I fell for her. Just... our first fight."

And you're afraid it will be your last.

Jay stopped, frowning back over his shoulder where Hinata hovered. "Well I am NOW!"

Hinata actually giggled, then grew more serious. Didn't you promise me headpaint?

"Maybe we should just tattoo your head black," Jay grumbled. Hinata clapped.

CAN WE?!

"NO!" Jay leaned against the shop wall, near the entrance, and pulled out a tube of black body paint.

Aw, you suck, Jay!

"Maybe when you evolve. Now come here."

As Jay started applying the paint on the kirlia's headcrest, he tried, though he'd never been very practiced at it, to send calming, even aplogetic thoughts to Sagira. He was distracted, however, by the pained twittering of a bird nearby. Leaving Hinata's headpaint half finished (HEY!), he crept up and saw it.

A taillow on the ground, unable to fly, dragging a wing. It didn't look overly bad. A potion or two might cure it. An antidote would help with the poison... but as he approached, the bird fluttered away, calling through it's coughing cheeps as if to threaten him off.

Ooohhh, she's FIESTY! Hinata practically purred.

"Hina, reach into my back pocket and get me a potion and an antidote."

Did we just not go over the blind thing?

"You're blind, not feeble! C'mon, Hina, there's a taillow hurt here, and I'd like to make sure it isn't anymore!"

Fine. Don't get any ideas, you old pervert. Hinata giggled at that, guiltily, and Jay rolled his eyes. More seriously, she said, She's not going to let you get close. You'd better catch her.

Jay sighed. He hadn't thought to bring anything but one ball, which had been a birthday gift. From his sister, and he'd only brought that to show Sagira. Suddenly a new mental voice sounded.

Siryn will help! Before Jay could protest, she'd lifted his wallet telekinetically from his back pocket and bolted to a nearby pokemart. Jay stared after her.

Isn't she so cute?!

"Hinata, she just ripped off my wallet!" Jay sighed, but as soon as the misdreavus left, she reappeared, with his wallet and... a pink ball.

Siryn has bought you a pokeball! It was the prettiest pokeball there! Siryn had a hard time convincing the shop owner to sell to Siryn... Siryn... Siryn may have had to frighten the Shop Owner. Um.. unconscious. Jay blinked at her, and she... well, it looked like she shrugged to him. Yeah, Jay may not want to go into that shop for a while.

"It's pink. I'm going to catch a pokemon in a pink ball." Jay held up the ball. Sagira would NEVER let him live this down.

Siryn didn't do good? Siryn's mental voice quavered.

Siryn- You did fine, sweety! Jay's just being a baby. Now hurry up, Mr. Healy man, that taillow isn't getting any less sick!

"You suck," Jay grumbled, and Siryn laughed. Taking careful aim, he threw the ball and watched as it enveloped the bird. The ball shook once, twice, and then stopped, making a click and releasing a spark or two.

He went to pick it up, holding it to the poketch display. Activating the Pokemon List application, he quickly found the bird. Rather than the dim picture and low health he expected, the bird was completely normal.

"The hell--?"

You said pink... isn't there a ball that's pink? A heal ball?

Jay smiled. "Well, I owe you an apology, Siryn. You did better than I thought."

YAY! Siryn helped! She danced in the air, doing a flip in joy. Videl, spotting this, rose to her hind legs and dance-hopped with her, and Raven rolled her eyes.

"Well... looks like I caught myself a Taillow..." Jay sighed. "That'll go over well..."

He regained his post near the door, but Hinata had other ideas. Could you finish my HEADPAINT now?!

Catch (click to show)

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Aug 30 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Iris Sagira Smythe was not known for her patience.

By her very nature, she was an impatient person, well known for both her temper and her rash actions. This mission, however, was taking everything to a new level, and though Sagira had been eerily patient thus far, it wouldn't be long before she finally lost control.

It was all becoming too much.

Stupid partners she could deal with; one just had to understand that they would be required to do all of the thinking and most of the acting. Lazy partners were also easily dealt with; Sagira worked best alone so doing all of the work herself was no chore. Cowardly partners, easy; she caused fear to rise in so many this was a type of person she was used to on many levels. Arrogant, self-centered partners who liked to flirt their way into people's graces were a great deal of fun to deal with; they even so much as looked at her wrong and she'd press them up against a wall all right, with her claws at their throat. They'd be a cowardly partner after that and, as previously stated, those were easily dealt with.

But Sagira had no past experience with partners who were once your friend, and now took it upon themselves to be your... leader.

Sagira did not like to be led. She was not a dog. She was not a follower. She had spent too long walking her own path to follow anyone else's, and forcing her to was like trying to force the wind to change direction. Against nature and wrong.

So, of course, Sagira's reaction to dealing with something for the first time that caused her much annoyance was to turn to anger. And anger, as everyone knows, festers like an infected wound. Sagira's soul was a breeding ground for rage. If left lingering too long, she no doubt would have eventually torn Kylarian - the initial source of her anger - into little pieces.

Lucky for all of them that a bunch of Magma grunts showed up.

It was kind of funny, how they didn't even react to Kylarian or Sagira's presence. They were in civilian clothes, true, but you would think that Magma would be suspicious enough to wonder.

No matter; they'd learn who she was soon enough.

Kylarian turned then, seeing Sagira pulling her gloves on tighter and walking toward the three grunts. "Sagira," she snapped, "we haven't the time for this!"

"Then we'll make time," Sagira said, walking with feline-esque grace toward the Magmas. "Venting on these guys might manage to keep me from killing your boyfriend when we meet up again."

"Victor is not my boyfriend!" she snapped.

"Or mine, for that matter," Sagira added, ignoring Kylarian's protests.

The three grunts were men, all eying her up and down as she neared. The one to the left raised an eyebrow and grinned at her. "Well, hel-lo, little lady. Tell me, do you like a man in uniform?"

Sagira grinned toothily, wishing once again for her fangs. "Oh, I love you Magmas in your uniforms," she admitted sweetly, and then raised a hand, tensing her fingers and displaying claws. "I prefer to know precisely who I'm dealing with when I shred their face."

Her eyes flashed as she glanced dangerously at them. "Come on, boys. ShadowCat wants to play." She lunged at the first one.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 1 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Everything within Ivy craved to spill the blood of anyone somuch as wearing a Magma uniform and it took nearly every ounce of her moral being to hold herself back and think of the situation objectively. They were on an important mission - one that would not allow time for hold-ups or the chance of being targeted by more enemies than they could handle without securing the Laird woman first.

It appeared that Sagira had seen the three Magma grunts as she began to pull on her clawed gloves for battle.

"Sagira! We haven't the time for this!" Ivy urged her, trying in vain to take some sort of control of what should have been under her control.

"Then we'll make time," Sagira's petulant undermining drawl came back. "Venting on these guys might manage to keep me from killing your boyfriend when we meet up again."

"Victor is not my boyfriend!" Ivy had to retort.

"Or mine, for that matter," Sagira added under her breath.

One of the men's eyes caught Sagira as she neared them and he visibly straightened. "Well, hel-lo, little lady. Tell me, do you like a man in uniform?"

*I do!!!.... Wait! Where did that come from?!*

"Oh, I love you Magmas in your uniforms," Sagira provoked them as she rather obviously came up with one of her classic 'prepare-to-die' one-liners.. "I prefer to know precisely who I'm dealing with when I shred their face." THey looked around in confusion like startled Mareep.

"Come on, boys. ShadowCat wants to play." Sagira threw herself at the lead Grunt and Ivy sighed. There was no helping her friend. She was far too headstrong to backdown when she had set her mind to it and so their battle had to begin.

Ivy was alongside Sagira and racing past her even before her clawed fist connected with the first Grunt's face. Ivy knew better than to aim for Sagira's target and so intercepted the man that was aiming to grab for the cat-girl's side. Ivy rushed low and sprang up hard, driving her shoulder into his chest to drive him back before spinning neatly on the spot and kicking him in the stmach with a heeled boot.

*Yop chagi...* A voice within Ivy told her. She blinked twice and squared her shoulders. Something was different. Something she had not noticed before... She knew martial arts... Specifically tae kwon do... She grinned and pacified the urges to turn and run and hide. They had been identified and had to fight back hard and fast before word got out there were Aquas in the area.

"Let's make this quick Sagira. Don't let any of them out of here with their wits intact..."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 23 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

How about Scarlet?

Jay thought about it, watching the taillow fly. "I dunno, Hina. She's blue. Maybe Sapphire."

Seriously? You want her to get beaten up? What about Akane?

Jay smirked. "Well, judging by your name, she'll be docile." The character Hinata had brought up was famous for her quick temper. Hinata, on the other hand, had been named for a docile, shy character. The joke was not lost on Hinata.

Hardy har har. She looked through Jay's eyes, contemplating the flying pokemon. What's taking Victor, anyway?

The mention of this mission's supervisor soured Jay's mood significantly. "He probably spotted a sale. Or maybe he's writing another song about Sagira..." His teeth clenched, and he crossed his arms. "What about it, Hinata? Do you and Paladin have any idea what's going on with Ivy?"

Hinata shook her head, her own mood darkening with Jay's. No. I didn't know her well enough to figure out what's been changed. I only know she's not acting normally because you and your giiiiirrrlfrieeeend Jay rolled his eyes at this, were noticing differences, but without being much closer to her, we couldn't tell you what it was...

Jay sighed, crossing his arms again. He looked up to watch the taillow again, and they were silent for a long time. Finally he broke the silence.

"She still mad at me?"

Hinata smiled wistfully. Not really talki-- Her eyes widened. She's fighting!

"What?!" Jay pushed off the wall, getting ready to go find her, when cooler (and painted) heads prevailed.

You can't compromise the mission! It'll only get her angrier!

Jay stopped, clenching a fist, and Hinata reassured him. She's winning.

Jay sighed. "Ivy was stupid to split us up. We fight better together."

Together, Jay, Hinata, Videl, Siryn, and Raven watched the taillow fly free, waiting for Victor to come out of the shop.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Sep 28 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #32

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

"Give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle. Razzle Dazzle 'em," Victor sang at least three octaves higher than Richard Gere as he strut through the street. Chicago's Razzle Dazzle was in essence, Victor's personal philosophy, though he hadn't quite put it down on paper. "Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it and the reaction will be passionate. Give 'em the ol' hocus pocus. Bead and feather 'em. How can they see with sequins in their eyes?"

Perfectly in tempo, Victor stepped in rhythm with the music blasting through his earphones. They matched the sound level of a small pair of speakers. Anyone in the immediate area would receive a full performance.

"What if your hinges all are rusting? What if, in fact, you're just disgusting? Razzle dazzle 'em and they'll never catch wise!" He caught his breath during the rests and continued. Singing as a tenor I didn't come as easily as he wished. When he was younger, a music teacher of his labeled him as a mere baritone. Victor could not believe that his teacher would place him at a part so low. One's voice group has nothing to do with one's vocal ability, only their range, but Victor felt being a baritone would limit him. He wanted to sing higher. He wanted to be at the top. Victor was unhappy with himself, thinking he was too low, even though it was actually the teacher's mistake. The teacher heard the resonance of his lower range and labeled much too quickly, but the damage was done. That was the first time Victor worked hard for anything. He spent countless hours with vocal tutors, trying to sing higher and higher. Victor was so focused on singing higher, he forgot about singing better. In his mind, higher was better.

"Give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle. Razzle dazzle 'em! Give 'em a show that's so splendiferous. Row after row will crow vociferous. Give 'em the ol' flim flam flummox. Fool and fracture 'em. How can they hear the truth above the roar? Throw 'em a fake and a finagle. They'll never know you're just a bagel. Razzle dazzle 'em and they'll beg you for more!"

Victor paused his music as he took notice of a small blue bird flying low in the street. "Ew," he said, pulling out Aurum's Premier Ball. "Take out that Taillow with Power Gem before it poops on my new shirt." The gem on the Persian's forehead began shining brilliantly when a Houndoom quickly pinned the cat to the ground. "Hey! Get that thing off my Pokemon!" Aurum used Power Gem on Jay's Houndoom instead of the Taillow and grinned with satisfaction.

Jay's face was not a happy one.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 28 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Oh, no he DI-INT!

Jay could not fault Hinata's reaction, after seeing a beam from the top of his Persian's head strike out at Videl. He had also watched as the Elite, paying no heed to his surroundings where it didn't affect him, or come close to affecting him, tried to attack the taillow Jay himself had just rescued. The fact that Victor had compounded the entire morning's trespasses by attacking two pokemon served to do one thing.

It made Jay Lange angry.

An angry Jay Lange is not a pleasant Jay Lange. When angered, the Western Sinnoh Jay Lange does not cry out, or attack with a sudden barrage of claws and fangs. The Western Sinnoh Jay Lange, instead, maintains his calm. This tends to fool the unwitting subject of the Western Sinnoh Jay Lange into near complacency.

Victor hadn't noticed Jay, who had been turned away from him looking into the shop window. The Elite's focus had been on the flying taillow, and so he had passed his forced partner when he sent his persian to attack. With Victor's back to him, Jay recognized over a dozen different openings, none of which he took advantage of, despite having learned an amalgam of several different martial arts. Instead, he took a page from his mother's book and grabbed Victor firmly by the ear lobe, rotating his hand so that when he spun Victor around, he didn't twist the lobe unnecessarily.

"Aquanet," he said in a falsely sweet tone that did nothing to hide his true feelings, "do you go around attacking pokemon willy nilly all the time?" Jay could see a flash of defiance in the eyes of his captor, but the hold on his ear was keeping the elite at bay. "First you command your cat to attack my taillow, and then, when Videl puts a stop to it, you sit and watch as the persian attacks her..." Jay's eyebrow arched. "If you wanted a battle, Vivi, all you needed to do was ask..."

The taillow landed on Jay's shoulder, puffing out her breastfeathers and glaring, narrow eyed, at the Elite. Her face was a near perfect mirror of Jay's

He let go of Victor's ear, sneering. "But we don't have time for that. Ivy and Sagira are fighting right now. We need to see if we can't find Linda ourselves. So instead of shopping, why don't we go do our jobs, hmm?" As he began to walk away, Jay looked back over his shoulder (the taillow also looked back from his other shoulder over her wing) and smirked. "I hope those shoes weren't expensive," he said as Videl trotted up to her trainer after leaving a special gift running down Vincent's calf.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Sep 30 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #34

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Victor chose not to fought back as he was held by his ear. He was not the aggressive type and he knew just about anyone could kick his ass in a fist fight. Victor couldn't decide exactly how to respond to Jay's action actually. When not in a position of power, he was unsure of anything.

"Aquanet, do you go around attacking Pokemon willy nilly all the time?"

"No, just the ones that shit all over the place like that bird," Victor wanted to retort but could not bring himself to do so. Instead, he flashed an angry glance as he did in almost any situation.

"First you command your cat to attack my Taillow-"

"Your Taillow? That's an even better reason to attkack it."

"-And then, when Videl puts a stop to it-"

Victor shuddered. "Vee-dell," he thought with disgust. He absolutely hated the sound of the name.

"-You sit and watch as the Persian attacks her..."

"With a name like that, it deserved to be attacked."

"If you wanted a battle, Vivi, all you needed to do was ask..."

"I'd never waste my time battling you. You're not worth the effort."

Jay let go and Victor quickly pulled away, rubbing his ear that was now red. "But we don't have time for that. Ivy and Sagira are fighting right now. We need to see if we can't find Linda ourselves. So instead of shopping, why don't we go do our jobs, hmm? I hope those shoes weren't expensive."

Victor's mouth was agape in shock. A few seconds later, when he regained control over his paralyzed body, he clenched his jaws together. "Those were imported from Italy," Victor said through his bared teeth. Jay either did not hear Victor or purposely ignored him. "I'm going to make your pathetic life more miserable-"

"Ha! Keep going! This really is hilarious," Jay snorted without even turning to face Victor.

"Fuck it." Victor walked to the large glass window of an antique store and took a good look at his reflection. Taking a deep breath, Victor prepared himself for what he was about to do.

Breathing heavily, Victor limped as fast as he could to a pair of Magma grunts on patrol. His clothes were soiled and in tatters, his hair a filthy mess and tears were streaming down his face. Victor clutched the first Magma's forearm and panted, "H-Help- me-... That man- Aqua-Jay Lange-" He made sure "Aqua" and "Jay Lange" were loud and clear. "He-He-he-" Victor wailed at this point for dramatic effect. "Held-me-hostage..."

The first Magma was excited with the prospect of some action he had been dying for ever since he joined while the second seemed panicked. "What's your name?" the first asked.

"V-Victor Bays."

The first Magma lit up like a Christmas tree, having found the person they had all been assigned to save. "Stay right here, sir. We'll take this man into custody." The Magma pair dashed after Jay calling, "Hey you!"

Meanwhile, Victor wiped the tears from his cheeks and flipped his hair into place. "Stick that in your pipe and smoke it," he said as he proudly marched toward the Noverus Mall.

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Sep 30 2009, 07:41 PM

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Sep 30 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Sagira stood straight, dusting off her hands. To her left and just slightly behind her, Paladin, too, dusted off his hands. Umbrae and Calypso stretched, Umbrae with his forelegs stretched out in front of them, Calypso stretching a hing leg behind her. Topaz sniffed one of the unconscious men curiously, and then turned up her nose in distaste. Serenity slithered up Sagira's leg and curled her lithe form around her shoulders, as a few of the Magma grunts groaned in pain, lying on the ground.

Sagira tsked and shook her head. "See, this is why you treat a lady with respect," she admonished them. "It just gets you hurt being disrespectful."

One of the grunts raised his head to look at her, and then let it drop back down, his eyes closing as unconsciousness stole him away. Sagira stretched her arms above her head. "And now I feel better."

Paladin went suddenly rigid. "You may not in a moment," he said.

Sagira eyebrows furrowed as she turned to look at him. "Hm?"

There was a loud crackling nose that made Calypso jump, startled, and spin around with a snarl. Sagira and the others all turned as a garbled voice spoke from the belt of one of the grunts. Sniffing around, Umbrae dug around the grunts' belts until he came up with a walkie talkie in his mouth. He drooled amiably over the speaker as a voice came clear through the connection.

"I repeat: Assistance is needed in the consumer district. Magma Grunts 87 and 103 in battle with known Aqua member Jay Lange. Assistance needed in the consum-"

A layer of static replaced the hasty, panicked message, and Sagira cocked an eyebrow, turning to look at Umbrae. "So, what do you think?" she asked.

Umbrae made a woofing sound and tightened his jaws. The walkie talkie shattered into bits, fragments discarded carelessly onto the ground by his lolling tongue. Sagira grinned. "My thoughts exactly." She looked over to see Ivy was preoccupied and grinned wider. "Let's go," she told Umbrae. Recalling all of her pokemon except he and Paladin, she turned and raced down the street, intent on finding these Magma grunts and seeing what the problem was. Sure, she was still royally pissed off at Jay, but she didn't want anyone else kicking his ass.

She knew well where the consumer district was, as she had been determined to visit Starbucks at some point during the day. It seemed she might not get the chance, however. She stopped abruptly when she saw her.

You have GOT to be kidding me. How could her life be so inconveniently easy

She walked toward the girl, who spun, catching sight of her in the window of a shop. Sagira smirked, baring her teeth. "Why, hello, Linda."

The girl's face paled and without a word, she turned and bolted.

Sagira was after her in a moment.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 1 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

As Victor hissed his threats, the only thing that Jay had thought was how frustrating the boy's reactions were. From the silent, petulant glare as Jay brought him to task, to the veiled threats after Videl relieved herself on his shoe, Jay could only see that nothing that he was saying was being taken seriously. Victor's face was like an open book, showing disgust, disdain, and the general opinion that Jay and anything he said was not worth his time.

If that was the case, nothing he said to Victor was worth Jay's time, either. He walked away and didn't look back, a mistake that, a short time later, he would regret.

"Hey, you!"

Jay turned. His jaw clenched when he saw the Magma uniforms, but he put on a calm expression. "Can I help you gentlemen?"

One of them, with a gleam in his eyes, grinned. "Yes, Jay Lange of Aqua, you can help us gentlemen. You can come quietly to our little base and tell us everything you know."

Jay rolled his eyes, his jaw getting tighter and tighter as he fought to keep a straight face. "And what gives you gentlemen the idea that I'm from Aqua..?"

The second one, a thin man with hooded eyelids, rolled his eyes as he put away his radio. "Give up the act, Lange, Mr. Bays told us all about what you did."

This time, Jay's confusion was genuine. "Who?"

"Victor Bays," ground out the first, his fingers working in anticipation of battle. "The Scion of the Bays family. Now, for the crime of kidnapping a member of a prominent Magma family, you are required to return your pokémon and come quietly!"

Jay's mind had, temporarily, frozen in shock at the news. Victor was a member of a family tied to Magma? It had all made sense. His haughtiness, his reluctance to share his name, the way he always seemed to be looking down at everyone. The first and foremost thought on his mind was that he should have let Sagira have the little snot.

Then the Magma Grunt's words registered, and Jay's eyes narrowed. An opportunity to release some of the anger he was feeling could not be passed by, especially since it was so professionally extended.

"... I... don't think so." Jay allowed a smile, one he felt he'd inherited from Sagira, to cross his features. "You see, gentlemen, I just found out that I've been betrayed, and you fine men are going to help me deal with my emotions regarding that."

"I was genuinely hoping you'd say that, Lange," said the twitchy grunt, releasing three pokémon; an electrike, a scyther, and a banette.

The other was not as eager, but much calmer than his partner. "We only have to keep him occupied until backup arrives." He, too, released a trio; a mankey, a carnivine, and a wooper.

Jay wasted no time sizing up his opponents. "Hinata, I need you to keep us linked, can you do that?"

Well, duh, I kind of have to to see, don't I? The words were tinged in anger, but the feel of her anger was so familiar that he knew without asking that it wasn't directed at him, but rather his now ex-supervisor.

The two Magma Grunts looked surprised between them as Videl launched herself at the banette, snarling and Biting down on him. The taillow that had been resting on Jay's shoulder launched off and rose, to dive at the mankey and strike it as white streaks of light seemed to flow from her body. Hinata's eyes glowed, veins bulging around them, as leaves curled up from the ground, glowing, and lashed out at the wooper. Siryn cackled and gave a screech, then hit the scyther with a confuse ray that had it swiping at almost anything that moved around it. Raven stood, yawned, and dashed forward suddenly, striking the carnivine with a Quick Attack.

The surprise spent, the Magma grunts began firing off commands in succession. The electrike had been untouched, and launched a quick attack that struck Raven in the side and bowled her over. The carnivine grabbed Hinata and began squeezing her, upsetting the little kirlia's concentration, as she had had no idea the attack was coming. The wooper, dizzy and hurt, shot a stream of water that knocked Videl away from the banette, and sneered and used a Night Shade attack on Siryn, who gasped in fear as she was struck. Siryn's outcry brought the scyther to its senses, and it also attacked Videl, slashing with it's clawlimbs, and then leapt toward Hinata. As this happened, the electrike sent a bolt of lightning at Jay's taillow, forcing it to dodge away from the mankey, which allowed the fighting type to strike at Raven. Only a timely whirlwind saved the eevee.

Jay frowned. The odds were against him, and while he was sure his pokémon were stronger, they were as good as he was at taking advantage of types. Without something to give him an opening, he'd be caught once the reinforcements arrived.

A cloaked figure leapt over Jay's head, smaller than any of the humans around. Jay blinked, recognizing the cloak from earlier in the day. The figure that had been following.

It launched forward, leaping and spinning feet first into the mankey's back, then turned and leapt up, striking the carnivine under its gaping mouth.

"Hinata, magical leaf! Strike your target from before!" As she complied, Jay pointed at the carnivine. "Ember," he cried, then pointed at the mankey. "Use Wing Attack and knock it on its tail," he commanded the taillow.

The men were scowling at him, separating in order to flank him and take him hand to hand. Jay smirked. It wasn't much, but it was an opening. His hands flashed out, grabbing two pokéballs at a time and returning the taillow, Siryn, and Raven. "Videl, Roar!"

"DOOM," responded Videl, sending the pokémon bunched around her scattering and causing the grunts to freeze. Jay took the moment that the distraction afforded him, and dashed between the two grunts. They had time to give cries of shock and outrage as he passed before one was bowled over by Videl, and the other by the mysterious cloaked stranger who'd come to help. Hinata held them down telekinetically until she had passed them and caught up to Jay.

"Sorry, babe," Jay said between breathes. "I need to recall you and Videl too."

Nooo! My headpaint! You just put it on, Hinata whined.

"I know, but I have to get away, and I can't do that in a straight line!"

Hinata didn't have any time to mentally rail against the situation more than to say, this SU- before she was sucked into the mechanism of her pokéball. Videl was recalled with no complaint.

Jay ducked into an alley and ran as fast as he could, leaping up and catching the wall with the side of his foot, getting just enough traction to launch a few more inches up, which allowed him to land on top of the dumpster in front of him. Using the edge as a push off, he leapt up again, grabbing a fire escapes ladder and hauling himself up, swinging his legs to reach the platform as soon as he was able. From there he climbed, zig zag, up the stairs until he found an open window.

He propelled himself through it feet first, ignoring the shocked scream and the bare glimpse of naked bodies he caught as he dashed to the door. He opened it and rolled, blurting a quick apology before slamming the door behind him and careening down the hall.

As he took the back stairs, he allowed himself a look back, but there were no men in black and red pursuing him. He let out a sigh of relief as he released Hinata.

CKS! You suck! she pouted.

"Anyone following us, you jolly lass you?"

Hinata's arms crossed, but her eyes glowed, the veins around them bulging. No. They're in the alley, wondering where you teleported off to... She sagged. You don't really suck, Jay... I'm sorry. I just didn't want to wait until after the mission to get my headpaint back...

"It's still there, Hina," Jay said, smiling a bit. She looked shocked, so Jay explained before she could regain her thoughts. "I used a latex based paint this time. It registers as clothing to the ball's mechanism, and doesn't get scoured away."

Hinata was silent for a few moments, and when she spoke, her voice was cheerful and warm. I love you so much right now!

Jay chuckled, then sobered. "Is Paladin available?"

Hinata was silent, then nodded. He is, but Sagira is... she's found Linda and is chasing her!

Jay nodded. "Leave a message. Ask Paladin to ask Sagira to tell Ivy that Victor is a traitor. He gave me up to Magma... and he's one of them."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 2 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Sagira was glad that she was in such good shape, otherwise there was no way she would have been able to keep Linda in her sights. Unfortunately, Linda seemed to have a minor advantage in her knowledge of the area. She darted through alleys and shops with hesitation, well aware of whatever exit she would be graced with waiting for her on the other side.

Umbrae raced behind Sagira to stay out of her way as she followed on the heels of the fleeing Linda. Paladin floated beside Sagira's shoulder, keeping up with her extraordinarily well, moving to the right or left to keep the same distance between them. He was, of course, linked with her mind to be able to hear her, so it made sense that he would know her movements.

Sagira felt a tingling sensation in her mind that she knew had something to do with Paladin, and then there was a sort of wall placed between them, although she could still feel him within her. She spared a glance in his direction, seeing a look on concentration on his face, his eyes distant. She frowned.

Pal? She dodged around a pile of boxes in an antique shop, wincing as Linda knocked over an expensive-looking lamp. Sagira leapt over the shattered glass and bolted out of the door and into a crowd of people. She slid to a stop, her feet sliding and skidding on gravel, nearly dragging her down on her ass, as she barely refrained from running straight into a little boy sitting stunned in the street, his eyes just beginning to fill with tears. Linda had knocked him over.

Sagira scanned the crowed, but Linda had gained sufficient time to escape. She was nowhere in sight. Sagira let out a soft sigh, and then knelt in front of the boy.

"Are you okay, kiddo?"

The boy sniffled and looked up at her, rubbing tears from his eyes. "Lady knocked me down."

"I know, sweetheart. I'm sorry. I'm going to go tell her that she should be ashamed of herself." The boy smiled softly. "Is your mom around?" The boy pointed to a woman hurrying over. "Good," Sagira said, "stay with your mom, kiddo. It's not safe for a kid to be in the streets alone."

That said, she stepped around the boy and headed off at a brisk walk. To anyone watching, her head was bowed against the wind and her teeth were grit in determination to find the cold front moving in. In truth, Sagira's teeth were clenched at the news she was receiving mentally from Paladin.

"So Victor was a member of Magma all along."

"It certainly appears that way," Paladin said, shrugging as he hovered beside her. "I don't understand why Hinata and I didn't sense it from him, though."

"You didn't like him," Sagira said, "and we both know that you don't like the idea of infiltrating another creature's mind unless it's necessary."

Paladin sighed but didn't say anything.

"Where is Victor now?"

"He ran off, as much as Hinata is aware. Though, they're busy running from the Magmas. I can't see anything, obviously, but Hinata said Jay used some of his Parkour. They're on the top floor of a building and-"
He cut off and stopped abruptly. Sagira stopped as well, turning to him. She could see yellow lines ricocheting off of his body in that other world that seemed to overlap reality. Distress.

"What is it?"

"Hinata," Paladin said, his voice breaking. "I can't sense her anymore. She just... disappeared."

Sagira grit her teeth. "They're still in the consumer district right?" She recalled a panting Umbrae, waiting for a response that didn't come. "Paladin!"

"What?"

"Consumer district?"

"Y-yes. Last... I knew." He sounded so unsure, so frightened, that it made Sagira's own heart fill with terror. Victor was a traitor, Jay had no other help with him, and he was running from Magma members.

Was.

Hinata wasn't connected with Paladin anymore, and there could be a simple reason, but then, Hinata could also be hurt. Jay could be hurt.

Sagira grit her teeth and turned down a street to the left, breaking into a full-out run. Paladin, silent, lines of yellow piercing his green and cream flesh and arcing around him like static, followed her easily, but with fear in his eyes.

It had nothing on the hatred burning in Sagira's. Victor better hope she didn't find him, or he'd beg for an official Aqua interrogation. And if Jay was hurt, he'd beg for more than that before she was through with him

Long, long before she was through.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 2 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

As soon as Ivy had heard the announcement on the walkie that Jay was under attack from Magma, she knew Sagira would desert her. Well, not desert exactly. Just leave her like her old Pokemommy had. Just like her human mother and father had. True, they had all loved her but things and taken them away that Ivy could not control. It was happening again.

*The mission! They are forgetting the mission!* Ivy warred with her emotions as they screamed at her with a tumult of rage and sorrow. Nothing was going right. THey were all determined to ruin her.

"Bandul cha gi!" She screamed, delivering a crescent kick to her target's face, launching him clear from the ground into a spin. She pivoted on the spot and kicked out again. "Ahp cha gi!" The ball of her foot connected with his stomach in midair and he slumped heavily, the wind completely taken from him. The sound of Sagira's fading footsteps left her ears even as the ringing began.

An enormous Magma fist landed a square punch in the side of Ivy's small face, hairy knuckles jarring her world and claiming her pain. A numb air of calm lasted in her small body for the briefest of milliseconds but somehow she felt it an eternity of serenity that she wanted to hold onto forever. Then her mind returned to her and fire ignited in her jaw, cold slamming her back as she met paved concrete.

"Dumb bitch!" The Magma roared, his heel rushing towards her face. Instinctive reactions saved Ivy, forcing her to roll quickly out of the way and curl onto her back, launching backwards and flipping up to her feet smoothly. The rotation continued, her arms reaching out behind her to formulate the pathway for a series of perfect backward-flips.

"Beta, now!" She tasted blood as her small Electrike was released upon her finishing stance, crimson tears leaking freely from her nose and mouth. It wasn't so bad, really. True she was only a small human but she had experienced far worse in her lifetime. Far far worse. "Use Thunder Wave!"

Ivy dropped to her knees and thrust a fist into a flowerbed beside her, clenching her teeth as her partner let lose with a massive field of electrical storm that passed throughout the entire street. The Magmas fell twitching in seconds, paralysis stealing their balance and drawing them to terra firma. Ivy spat blood and jumped up quickly, her heeled boots somehow extremely easy to move in only after a mere hours of practice in them.

"Good job, Beta! Now return!" Ivy called back her Electrike who was watching her with solemn confusion.

*There!*

Ivy vaulted herself up onto the next windowsill quickly and peered down into the street. Crowds filled the streets of the consumer quarter but her fear of such circumstances was completely numbed - as though someone had deliberately reached into her mind and selectively anaethetised the urge to scream and run crying from the hordes of people seething below her. Amid that throng, Ivy could clearly see Sagira racing onward, her black hair streaming out behind her on the wind. She stopped abruptly to tend a fallen child.

*That used to be me...*

Ivy's eyes roved the scene quickly and found what Sagira had been chasing. Much to Ivy's surprise, however, it had not been Jay.

"LAIRD!" Ivy screamed, getting the girl's attention even as she sped along the narrow street. The woman's eyes widened and her head lowered as she forced herself onward and away from Ivy into a market road where fabric awnings loomed into the street over shop doorways.

"Alpha, Beta, Kappa! By my side!" Ivy released her brothers quickly, barking her orders to pursue the prey before them. As one, the pack leapt into action, spreading out across the covered doorways' rooftops as though they were two elevated sidewalks and sprang in pursuit.

*I will have her! I will complete my mission and make Old Crichy recognise my true powers!*

Ivy led the assault, Beta right on her heels with Alpha leading Kappa on the other side of the road. They sprang, flipped and darted above the manic woman below who was knocking anything and everything aside to reach safety out of the reach of the Aqua on her tail.

"Kappa! Water Gun!" Ivy ordered, hoping that her Pokemon's aim was good enough to pick out a single target in a moving crowd. Her Buizel shot into the air, spitting down a rain of compact missiles that slammed the paving stones inches behind where his target had just been, scaring the woman into moving even faster. Ivy growled. Despite her abilities to run long distance for hours at a time she was exhausted from fighting the Magmas and her jaw felt as though it would fall off any moment.

"Alpha! Lend me your legs! Beta, you're up!"

Ivy's powerful Mightyena and speedy Electrike crossed over in midair, the larger pushing himself under his trainer and sister's form where she clung tightly to the fur on his back as he ran while the smaller green canid plunged into the crowd.

"TRIKE!" Beta screamed, white light flashing into his legs as a Quick Attack propelled him into Laird's back. With a yelp she tripped and fell, allowing time enough for Ivy and Alpha to launch themselves into the street. Linda's shocked face turned on the advancing Electrike but did not see the girl's approach until the last moment.

"Nal la cha gi!!!" Ivy announced her flying kick too soon, missing Laird as the Magma span and ducked under the girl's reach and shoved an onlooker at Alpha, knocking the human and Mightyena into a tangle of legs and fur.

Ivy growled and landed firmly, spinning and striking out with her arms and feet. Despite Linda Laird's file showing up a lot of her past and abilities, Ivy had been given no idea how damn good the foe was at dodging her blows. A crescent kick missed the girl's head my millimeters and a round house kick passed by the girl's shoulder with only a hair's breadth between them. Then, before Ivy even realised where she had got it from or how she knew to use it, the knife was in her hands and swiping for a bite of flesh.

Laird squealed and ducked, a knot of dark hair sliced cleanly from her ponytail as Ivy poured on the offensive, trying desperately to stop her target's flight.

"Hey, that kid's got a knife! Someone do something!" A woman yelled from the crowd, screams and wails accompanying her plea. Something hard hit Ivy in the shoulder once and then again in the back, the surprise weight crippling her momentarily. The knife fell from her hands and clattered to the floor. Ivy's fingertips reached out for it quickly but Laird was faster. Her boot kicked the blade away then snapped back sharply to stomp on Ivy's hand as a launchpad for escape into the crowd.

Ivy's mind craved prusuit but her body lusted for rest and like a tidal wave of exhaustion, fatigue settled on her limbs and she collapsed in the street with her brothers around her, forming a protective shield from the outraged public.

*My mission... I failed...*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 3 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"What surprises me is that you and Paladin didn't pick up on it."

Jay was on the top floor of what appeared to be a large apartment building. So far, he hadn't been accosted, but it was only a matter of time if he didn't find a way out.

I don't like looking into his mind, Jay. It's... it's like eating a Sweet roll that's been sitting out for a few days. Sure, it might look and smell good, but the feel of it just isn't right. Hinata's mental words were chagrined, bit not defensive.

Jay shrugged lightly. "I can't say I blame you, Hina." He looked out the window to the street below. He had managed to elude the magma grunts now, but he had no delusions that they hadn't seen him enter the building. He was trying to decide how to get to the street, but it was harder than it seemed. If they waited for their reinforcements, all the stairways would be covered. Jay did not relish the thought of being caught in a narrow, enclosed stairwell.

Jay, we need to get out of here... I have a bad feeling. Jay looked at Hinata, then puffed out air. He'd learned to trust Hinata's bad feelings implicitly, but to top it off, he had a bad feeling of his own.

Sagira was out there, chasing Linda. Her current partner, for lack of a better term, had changed so much that Sagira couldn't trust her. And his "partner" had turned traitor. Many would have thought that the day could only get better, but Jay knew better.

"Who do you think it was that came to help us, Hina," he said, trying to keep the conversation light and his worry off of his mind. It didn't fool Hinata a bit, but she played along.

It was a pokémon, Jay. She didn't think about what she was, but I know she was a fighting type. What does 'Cannon Spike' mean, anyway?

Jay grinned, and had just stepped forward when Hinata gave a cry, mentally and physically, and arched her back. She fell from her floating position and Jay caught her, looking up in time to see a shadowy ball hurtling toward him. He spun, the ball missing him by inches.

He spared a glance down. Hinata was still, but her eyes were open, and her mouth was set in an 'o'. It wasn't as if she'd fainted, it was almost as if...

Her chest rose and fell, however, and that thought derailed itself quickly. A rough voice interrupted his examination of the blind kirlia.

"You thought you'd get away? Don't be stupid. You're dealing with Team Magma!" The twitchy guard smirked at him, his banette on the ground, palm still out and gathering more shadows to send another shadow ball to the Aqua trainer,

Jay sneered, pulling two poké balls off his belt, a dark topped one in which he recalled the kirlia, and a normal one, from which he released a hound that had to have been dreamed up in Hell itself.

"And you're dealing with a seriously pissed off guy." Jay put Hinata's poké ball back on his belt, his hand hovering over it protectively. "Videl, Fire Fang."

Videl snarled and charged, for once not wagging her whip-like tail or panting happily at their opponent. It was if she knew that her best friend had been hurt. Flames erupted in her mouth, and she bit down, causing the ghost to screech in agony. The trainer snarled.

"Banny, use Will-O-Wisp!" The banette opened it's mouth in an odd parody of a grin, and spat purple-blue flames at Videl. Videl lowered her head as the attack struck and dissipated. The Magma grunt gaped.

"Useless against fire types, asshole," Jay droned, then pointed. "Faint Attack!"

Videl dashed to the left, and the banette turned o meet her charge, but she was not there. The attack, instead, had come from her right, which placed her behind the banette, striking and holing him down with a paw.

"Bite," snarled Jay, and Videl ducked forward, against causing the banette to scream.

"Why you little-" the Magma grunt snarled, charging.

"Why you big-" Jay mocked, ducking under his swing and then dodging left to avoid another one. "You Magmas are all alike," he sneered, ducking and spinning himself around the man to come up behind him. "Your pokémon lose, and you go in for the hand to hand. Paaaaathetic!"

The man growled and swung again, and again Jay dodged. "Thing is, my pokémon isn't down. You can tell this by the wetness on your calf."

The man looked down, then looked up in rage. Videl barked happily.

If he was going to retort, it was lost in a commotion. From both ends of the hallway, half a dozen magma grunts surrounded the two. The man Jay had been fighting stepped back toward one group of them, grinning in triumph.

Jay sighed and raised his hands. "Aw, man. Looks like you caught me."

"Tell me something I don't know," jeered the man Jay had been fighting.

"OK," Jay said, shrugging nonchalantly. "Houndoom piss is flammable." The man's eyes widened. "Videl, if you will..."

Videl opened her mouth, shooting a ball of flame out which struck the man's leg. It lit fire as if it had been soaked in gasoline. In the ensuing confusion, Jay flung himself into an opening between the men on that side and ran pell mell down the hall. At the end of it was a window that opened up. Jay pushed it opened, recalled Videl, and swung his body out. His hands met a hard steel pipe that ran down the side of the building, a strong version of a gutter spout, and swung out onto it, climbing up it hand to hand like a mankey. The supports and fastenings provided him with handholds well enough.

Jay reached the roof after a moment of climbing and dashed across it to the fire escape. He was stopped short by a kirlia appearing as if from no where. His sea-foam colored eyes gave away his identity.

"Paladin! Why aren't you with Sagira?!" Jay fought the rising panic in his heart. If Paladin was here, Sagira must be safe. He wouldn't leave her otherwise.

Where is Hinata, he asked, ignoring the question.

"She was hit from behind by a ghost type. I've recalled her." Jay held up Hinata's poké ball, and Paladin peered at it. He nodded slightly.

My Lady is well. She has lost the one she ran after, and is tracking down ... Ivy.

Jay took a moment to let relief wash over him. "OK..." He looked down the fire escape to the ground five stories below. "OK. Go back, please, and tell her I'm all right, and that as soon as I get down, I'll join her and we can regroup."

Paladin nodded, and with another longing, worried look at Hinata's poké ball, popped out of sight. Jay started down, and when he was halfway down is when it struck him.

Paladin, deaf, had had to use telepathy to talk to him. However, according to every telepath he knew, pokémon and human alike, he resisted telepathy. Paladin had spoken to him as if it were no problem.

Jay's landing distracted him, but not more than the disheveled blond haired girl at the mouth of the alley. Jay blinked, then grinned as she turned toward him. It was possibly a lucky day after all.

"Hello, Linda."

The girl stopped, then gasped. "What the hell IS it with you people," she snarled, before turning and once again dashing off. Jay was hot on her heels.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 3 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Sagira was having an internal fight with herself as she ran back in the opposite direction of where Jay was. She had been running toward the consumer district when Paladin abruptly stopped, and then explained, in a worried tone that he seemed to be trying to fill with anger, that Kylarian... Ivy was hurt.

Apparently, from what little he could gather, she was unconscious, but there was something else wrong with her - something happening to her. Sagira knew Jay could take care of himself. She had seen him fight (Though not nearly enough... shut up, Sagira. This isn't the time.), and even if Hinata was out of commission, he had Siryn, Videl, and Raven. Granted, she hadn't yet seen the eevee battle, but Topaz had fought well earlier. It would be all right. He would be all right.

And that left Ivy... Kylarian, who had changed or been changed into a person that she wasn't. While she acted like she was normal (and Goddess, how Sagira hated that word) and used to the world from this perspective, it couldn't be that simple. She couldn't simply be able to join in this part of the world when she had lived the rest as a dog. It wasn't possible. Just as Sagira couldn't become entirely human and act all polite without continuing some cat tendencies.

And as much as Sagira hated what the girl had become, not even she could convince herself that she hated Ivy Kylarian. It wasn't possible. It was a flaw in her personality.

I hate myself, sometimes.

Paladin, worried, fearful for Hinata, had been distracted as they ran. And when Sagira got a flash of a vision - possibly from some awareness within Paladin's mind, she was sure - of Jay surrounded by a multitude of Magma grunts, she couldn't simply leave him without aid. Paladin was more than happy to teleport to his side, and Sagira felt better knowing that her kirlia would be able to aid Jay, if he needed it.

Hopefully, he didn't.

She continued on toward Ivy, following the directions that Paladin had given her. It wasn't too far, and it wasn't hard to find Ivy, either. Sagira caught sight of some sparks from a dark alleyway, and moved closer to see Alpha, Beta, and Kappa surrounding the small girl, whimpering fearfully.

Sagira stopped short when she saw why, and she wasn't quite sure whether to be more frightened or angry.

Ivy was covered in dirt from the street, caused by the rapid movements of her limbs as she convulsed from a violent seizure, her head slamming repeatedly against the stone.

Sagira swallowed her anger at whoever had done this, her fear for Ivy, and a revulsion at the prospect of seizures in general (First Aid class had covered them, in detail, and it was never pleasant to recall), and stepped forward.

The sudden snarling from Alpha stopped her short. Sagira blinked at the great mightyena, stunned. In all of the time that she had known Ivy, Alpha had never even looked at her strangely. And here he was, snarling.

Sagira swallowed, ignoring Beta and Kappa, who looked slightly stunned at Alpha's response, themselves, but weren't doing anything. "Alpha," she said, stepping forward slowly, eliciting a louder snarl from the canine, "Alpha, I just want to help Ivy." She took another step forward and Alpha crouched, ready to spring. "You know she's sick, Alpha. You know she's not acting like the Ivy we know. She's strange, now, and she needs help. I'm fairly certain that, whatever they did, they need to reinforce it from time to time. Surely, she has medication somewhere on her. Won't you help me, so we can help her?"

Alpha continued to growl, but Sagira, deciding that that was okay for now, grabbed Ivy's purse where she saw it lying. She glanced over at Ivy, who had stopped convulsing. The young girl was still unconscious, but breathing evenly. Which was good. Sagira pulled out a syringe from the purse, and directions on a bottle of medication for how much to give.

Ugh... shots. It was a good thing Serenity was in her pokeball. She was as bad about needles as Umbrae was about ghost type pokemon. Sagira sighed. That was still embarrassing.

"All right, Alpha," she said, "I'm gonna give Ivy her medicine so she gets better, okay?" She drew the prescribed amount of medication into the needle, and moved toward Ivy.

Alpha snarled again, this time louder than before. Kappa and Beta were off to the side, not doing anything, which suited Sagira just fine; so long as they weren't after her blood, too. "Alpha," she said, leaning toward Ivy, "I'm just going to help, okay?" She touched Ivy's arm.

Alpha lunged at her at the same moment, and Sagira dropped the syringe in time enough to raise her arms over her face protectively - probably the only thing that kept Alpha from ripping into her jugular. The Mightyena's jaw wrapped around Sagira's forearm and his teeth sank into her flesh like a hot knife into a block of cheese. Sagira cried out involuntarily - and probably loudly; she couldn't tell - as blood ran down her arm. Alpha snarled against her flesh, pulled his head back, and snapped his teeth at her again.

Two things happened at once, then. There was a flash of red light as Umbrae burst from his pokeball, and Paladin abruptly flared into existence.

He of the blazing seafoam eyes moved forward swiftly to hover in the air before Sagira. His eyes began to glow, turning a neon, blazing blue, and an aura of the same color surrounded him. Alpha was frozen in midair mid leap, mouth open wide in an unfulfilled attack.

Paladin sighed wearily, then, and dropped to land on the ground. His move faded just in time for Umbrae, who was running forward, to slam his whole body into Alpha's and fling the mightyena back, in the brick wall on the one side of the alley.

Umbrae stood protectively between Alpha and Sagira, as Paladin moved over to hover behind her, a concerned look on his face, his seafoam eyes sad. Alpha launched forward, snarling, and bowled Umbrae over. He snapped his jaws at the houndour's neck, as Umbrae kicked him in the stomach, keeping his fangs away from any lethal spot. Alpha tore at Umbrae's fur, drawing blood with fangs and claws, before jumping over Umbrae and dashing at Sagira again.

A pair of jaws clamping down on his tail stopped him. Umbrae was yanked off of his feet, but Alpha let out a yelp as the houndour's weight pulled on his tail hair and spine. He spun quickly, snarling, and bit down on Umbrae's neck, his teeth wrapped around the back of it.

Umbrae writhed, barking and snarling, and finally jerked himself free from Alpha's grip. The mightyena, intent on attacking Sagira, launched himself past Umbrae again, knocking the houndour to the ground.

Umbrae's black and brown fur began to glow as he rolled over, and when he caught his feet again, he moved without hesitation. He slammed into Alpha, driving the mightyena up against the wall, as the white light faded and his evolved form was revealed. Tall and lithe, the houndoom snarled at Alpha, slamming him against the wall again and snapping at his throat, just inches away from the jugular.

Alpha whimpered at his vulnerable state, ears wilting, and Umbrae growled warningly as he pulled away. He stood in between Alpha and Sagira, eyes narrowed.

"Thank you, Umbrae," Sagira said softly, and picked up the syringe, wiping her bloody arm on her pants. She checked the needle carefully and, seeing nothing wrong with it, carefully found a vein and gave Ivy the medication she needed.

Digging through the girl purse again, she found a bottle of pills and studied the label. The same medication, only to be taken by the person themselves. The syringe must have been for emergencies, and thank Goddess. Sagira didn't think she could have shoved a pill down the girl's throat without choking her.

Sighing, Sagira sat back, away from Ivy, and leaned against the wall. Angry, worried, Alpha came over and sniffed profusely at Ivy, and then growled at Sagira.

Glancing up at him, Sagira narrowed her eyes and hissed like a cat, catching the mightyena off guard. "Shove off, you damned traitor," she snarled. "Umbrae never would have acted like that if I was in trouble."

Pouting internally but showing it off as rage, Sagira tore a long strip of cloth from her shirt (leaving her stomach exposed, which she hated), and hastily wrapped it around her arm. She didn't have a bottle of water, or else she'd clean it, but she wasn't leaving Ivy's side until the girl woke up.

Hissing in pain as she tightened the knot, Sagira sank back against the building and closed her eyes. Paladin was being oddly silent, but she wondered if he might be conversing with Hinata, so she didn't press. She felt a cold nose burrowing into her hands and smiled. "Umbrae," she whispered softly, as sleep began to steal over her, "you're absolutely beautiful."

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: Oct 5 2009, 11:52 AM

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.