Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Seeking: (Semi) Advanced 1x1 RP in Kalos (CLOSED)
Kurutto
post Jan 10 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 188 429

Red Team

Hello! I am Kurutto, but you can call me by any derivative of that name. I am looking for an advanced role-player to participate in a 1x1 Pokémon Trainer RP with me, which would be set in Kalos. I have only vague ideas to the actual plot, so I invite you, if you are interested, to help me shape the plot before diving into a great role-play.

How advanced?
I am looking for an advanced role-player, meaning that I would prefer that you would reply in at least a few (2+) somewhat detailed and literate paragraphs with thought behind them that would help develop your character and writing skills. This means that I will not invite one-liners to role-play with me. I'd appreciate if you can show me the thought you are able to put in your role-play thoughts through sample(s). I, myself, will demonstrate samples of how I role-play in this post. I apologize if this role-playing style is not your cup of tea; I am hard-core in my role-play posts, but, I am able to tone down my post length a bit if you do so. I am all for equal effort!

Wouldn't you want someone to put forth similar effort to you? Or would you want to put forth the greatest piece of writing you have written, jam-packed with inspiration, and then receive an effortless one-liner in return?

My Characters
I have one main character I plan to use, and one supporting character that will be mentioned and will have some appearances throughout, though is not my main man. You may use however many characters you want, in this instance.

Both of my characters are Team Flare grunts. My main man is Jacques, while my secondary character is his new friend, Boaz.

Jacques
Name: Jacques [undetermined surname]
Age: Undetermined [highschool-college aged, from around 17-20]
Hometown: Camphrier Town

Appearance: [The linked image was a gift drawing from my friend. I am also an artist, but my drawings of him are a bit too rough to show you, haha.]

Insecure about his appearance, Jacques prefers not to show anyone his facial features (his eyes) in full, as his face is scarred from a bird Pokémon attack (which also had the unfortunate effect of leaving him with a blind left eye). He is very appreciative of the shades that come with the Team Flare uniform, and now has a tendency to wear shades wherever he goes, even when indoors.

Personal notes/outline for myself (click to show)

Overview/History (more notes) (click to show)

The following spoiler boxes contain RP examples. They may be shorter because the person I was roleplaying with may have been going at this length.

RP example #1 (click to show)

RP example #2 (click to show)

RP example #3 (click to show)

Boaz
Name: Boaz [undetermined surname]
Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto

Appearance: [This time, I feel the need to show you a sketchy reference of him I drew, since there is no neater image by my friends or by me, haha. His hair IS black, though I accidentally made it look too silvery.]

Personal notes/outline for myself (click to show)

Additional and repetitive info regarding his on-hand Pokémon (click to show)

There are no instances of role-playing with him, and have yet to write out a long overview for him.

Questions to consider
- What genre? Action, Adventure, Romance, etc?
- Who are the protagonists/antagonists?
- What is the aim of the characters? Do they join up together, or do they mostly disagree with each other?
- What kind of relationship would your character have with mine? Hate? Love-hate? Love? Friendship? Relatives? Are they comrades? Do they respect each other, if this is so?
- Other general plot elements

Thank you!
Thank you for reading through this post! I can't wait to see what we can do together.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Sep 6 2014, 09:17 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 11 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #2

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

Hello. Name's Huntress Wizard. Would you be interested in having me a your partner? I've been roleplaying on this site and many others for a few years now, and I should be able to produce what you're asking. I've been in a bit of a writing slump lately, and also not very active on this site, hence the uncertainty. But this could be just what I need to kickstart my brain.

I also have one highly developed character and a few other more background ones I haven't played with as much. I can put up her profile and a few samples if you're interested.

In terms of plot, is this taking place parallel to the main game's story line, sometime before, or sometime after? If it was parallel, then it could be a sort of "discovery" story for Jacques, as it doesn't appear he knows Lysandre's true intentions. So my character would start off being incredulous that he would join the "villain" group and kind of start putting herself in his shoes as the plot went along. And then towards the end there's the big reveal with Yveltal/Xerneas and the weapon.

I'm not sure for the other possible times, but I can meditate on it and probably come up with something in a day or two.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jan 11 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #3

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

I see someone else has already taken you up on the offer, but if you're still willing to RP with someone els,. I do have a pretty developed character as well, and I would love to roleplay with him, seeing how little attention he's gotten since his creation. I love writing, and I rarely get the chance to do that lately.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 11 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

Huntress Wizard -- Hello! May I call you Hunter? I am happy that you have taken interest in my thread. I hope this is just what you need to get back in the writing mood! I am very willing to role-play with you. If you could, samples and your characters' info would indeed be appreciated.

Plotwise, this is taking place before the launch of the weapon. You would be correct in saying that this would be parrallel to the game's plotline and that Jacques is sorely unaware of what the team's true intention is. Yes! Jacques would then heartily insist that there is nothing wrong with his involvement and be pretty defensive, as he did a lot just to get in. He would not want that to be a waste! That sounds like a good plan so far.

Share anything you come up with!

Infestissumam -- May I call you Mam? Or what do you go by? Oh, of course I am willing to role-play with more than one person. I have one main character, Jacques, and two secondary characters, Boaz, and a female admin I did not mention on this thread. I could mention her and give a quick review of her character, if you'd like.

If you are willing, samples and maybe character profiles, as well, would be appreciated!

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 12 2014, 01:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 12 2014, 06:51 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Yeah, Hunter is fine! As is Huntress or Wizard or whatever else you can think of.

I had a bit of a headache yesterday, so my plotting capabilities were kaput. But perhaps inspiration will strike sometime today.

Here's my character, as well as a few recent samples (from different RPs, so they're not continuous):

Roxanne "Roxxy" Mauden (click to show)

Sample 1 (click to show)

Sample 2 (click to show)

Sample 3 (click to show)

This post has been edited by Huntress Wizard: Mar 6 2014, 08:35 PM

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jan 12 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #6

Janitor
Group Icon

wat

I can conjure up a profile, no problem.

Jay Lampe (click to show)

And for roleplay samples... It's really been too long since I've done a forum roleplay with long paragraphs and such, but here's what I could find.

Roleplay Sample (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 12 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

Hunter — I am sure I glossed over your comments on the RP samples, because I could not tell you how confused I was to read the first one. Is Roxxy a Zangoose in that one, or...?

Thanks for your samples, nevertheless. I appreciate them a lot. I am sorry that you had your headache. As you said, though, today may be an inspirational day for plots. I can't wait to work together and come up with something great.

Roxxy sounds like a rough, strong character, which is pretty cool. I'd like to see how she would interact with Jacques, though her history is seriously disturbing. I was like, "okay, cool!" until I came to the part where her boyfriend got trampled by Donphan and I was like "awww...." That is way depressing! ;-;

Mam — You did not indacte a name for yourself, so I am just going to call you Mam. Your character is very interesting, as well, personality-wise and the fact that he is a beginning trainer (open to development with pokemon and such), and I like the witty deviation you linked in your post. I must ask, though: being your persona, is he a self-insert when roleplaying?

Thanks for the roleplay sample, too!

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 12 2014, 01:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 12 2014, 04:07 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Yeah, she's a Zangoose in the first sample. Sorry, probs should have mentioned that somewhere...

Anyway, in terms of Plot, perhaps Lysandre is still in the process of building the weapon in Geosenge City? That would make it a bit more obvious that he was up to no good, so easier to expose.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 12 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 12 2014, 03:07 PM) *
Yeah, she's a Zangoose in the first sample. Sorry, probs should have mentioned that somewhere...

Anyway, in terms of Plot, perhaps Lysandre is still in the process of building the weapon in Geosenge City? That would make it a bit more obvious that he was up to no good, so easier to expose.

I feel really smart with my deductive skills. By her physical description, I figured she was a Zangoose. Score!

That would be true, but would this be exposed right away? I'm thinking that what you said could definitely happen in the role-play, but not right at the beginning. That would be a short role-play, haha, for the evidence to be presented at the beginning. Do you know what I mean?

And how would Roxxy know exactly what Lysandre was up to in order to tell Jacques that he is being a foolish fool?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 12 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

A foolish fool...I like that.

Yeah, I think she'd probably not know at the beginning, but maybe Burnout or Epsilon would notice something suspicious and alert her? And then she'd have to try and convince the others, of course, which could lead to conflict and maybe a kidnapping...

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 12 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 12 2014, 03:56 PM) *
A foolish fool...I like that.

Yeah, I think she'd probably not know at the beginning, but maybe Burnout or Epsilon would notice something suspicious and alert her? And then she'd have to try and convince the others, of course, which could lead to conflict and maybe a kidnapping...

Haha, thanks!

Well, I doubt she understands Pokétalk, so she may know there is a problem, but not what the problem is, exactly. Jacques would not believe her, in this case. How will she discover what the issue is exactly?
A kidnapping?? By who?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 12 2014, 05:22 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Um, maybe Epsilon could try and get her to go to Geosenge and see for herself? That way she would have a vague idea that something wasn't right about Team Flare, enough that she knows Jacques shouldn't be mixed up with them but not enough to be convincing. And then, idk, Team Flare kidnaps her because SHE KNOWS TOO MUCH or something.

I tend to let these more major plot points unfold naturally as the story progresses, to be honest.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 12 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 12 2014, 04:22 PM) *
Um, maybe Epsilon could try and get her to go to Geosenge and see for herself? That way she would have a vague idea that something wasn't right about Team Flare, enough that she knows Jacques shouldn't be mixed up with them but not enough to be convincing. And then, idk, Team Flare kidnaps her because SHE KNOWS TOO MUCH or something.

I tend to let these more major plot points unfold naturally as the story progresses, to be honest.

If she is vague enough about it, I would think that Jacques would ponder on it for a while and begin to doubt his involvement more. Maybe he would try to find out more about Team Flare's intentions so he could prove Roxxy wrong. He would not want her to be right, after all. Of course Team Flare is fine! There is nothing wrong with him joining Team Flare! >:( He totally did not waste his time, money, effort, etc. for the sake of a team trying to destroy the world! Definitely not.

Regarding Roxanne and Jacques' relationship, are they going to become friends or would their relations be pretty iffy? You did mention that being friends with her is a bit difficult... Either way, would Jacques be aware that she was kidnapped and try to rescue her? Lol.

That's understandable, but a little planning does not hurt, also.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 12 2014, 05:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 12 2014, 06:23 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Yeah, like I said she's a prickly pear so they would likely have a bit of a rough start (not even mentioning her affinity for Flying-pokemon that might look like birds from a distance). And then she'd probably be too forceful trying to convince him of Team Flare's nefarious doings, so they'd all get frustrated and separate for a bit. Perhaps Jay could witness her being taken away and then inform Jacques? If that's okay with Mam, of course.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 12 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 12 2014, 05:23 PM) *
Yeah, like I said she's a prickly pear so they would likely have a bit of a rough start (not even mentioning her affinity for Flying-pokemon that might look like birds from a distance). And then she'd probably be too forceful trying to convince him of Team Flare's nefarious doings, so they'd all get frustrated and separate for a bit. Perhaps Jay could witness her being taken away and then inform Jacques? If that's okay with Mam, of course.

Ah, that sounds plausible. I bet Jacques would be curious as to why Team Flare would take her away and investigate. You are suggesting Mam mentions this in his and my role-play? That's a good idea. The different role-plays could connect via timeline. Unless you were suggesting a three-man role-play?

Hahaha, Jacques is not going to have too many issues, if she keeps only the Crobat and the Yanmega. Jacques is not fearful of the flying type as a whole, but only of the bird varieties. Maybe he may freak out if, like you said, he saw them from a distance, but otherwise he is not going to flip out. Of course, if she brings a Swellow from home that's a different story...
If your character makes the mistake of showing him The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock, then that would be the final straw LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jan 12 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #16

Janitor
Group Icon

wat

QUOTE(Kurutto @ Jan 12 2014, 12:20 PM) *
Mam — You did not indacte a name for yourself, so I am just going to call you Mam. Your character is very interesting, as well, personality-wise and the fact that he is a beginning trainer (open to development with pokemon and such), and I like the witty deviation you linked in your post. I must ask, though: being your persona, is he a self-insert when roleplaying?

Thanks for the roleplay sample, too!

I probably should have indicated. Totally forgot, sorry! xD You can call me whatever you'd like, although most people call me Infest.

He was my persona, but I tend to use my fursona for any self-roleplaying, so he was never used. Instead I decided to make him a Pokemon trainer OC.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 13 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

QUOTE(Infestissumam @ Jan 12 2014, 10:54 PM) *
I probably should have indicated. Totally forgot, sorry! xD You can call me whatever you'd like, although most people call me Infest.

He was my persona, but I tend to use my fursona for any self-roleplaying, so he was never used. Instead I decided to make him a Pokemon trainer OC.

That's alright! I am fine with continuing to call you Mam if you do not mind. happy.gif

Ohh, I see. I was just a bit doubtful because none of my roleplaying characters are self-inserts.

Is there anything you would like to see plot-wise? Hunter mentioned in her last post above (I'll quote it in this post) that your character could possibly be somewhat involved in both plotlines, if that was alright with you. She stated that your character could relay information regarding any specific instances to my character. If you can, could you please look over it?

Thank you!

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 12 2014, 05:23 PM) *

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 13 2014, 12:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jan 13 2014, 01:07 AM
Post #18

Janitor
Group Icon

wat

Oooh, that sounds rather rad! I don't really mind what happens plotwise, so long as there's a direction to take it in. I haven't roleplayed in so long, I'm not gonna be picky. xD

I'm up for this Jay informing Jacques business.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 13 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Whatever you want to do in terms of structure is fine with me. A three-man RP might be less confusing, but I'm sure two separate but parallel roleplays could work as well.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 13 2014, 07:19 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

QUOTE(Infestissumam @ Jan 13 2014, 12:07 AM) *
Oooh, that sounds rather rad! I don't really mind what happens plotwise, so long as there's a direction to take it in. I haven't roleplayed in so long, I'm not gonna be picky. xD

I'm up for this Jay informing Jacques business.

Awesome!
Plotwise... Well, Jay is a new trainer, right? That would make him an easy victim. Perhaps Team Flare ends up bullying Jay for whatever reason and that's how Jacques comes to know Jay? Maybe he'd be present but not directly participate... I am not sure.

And then, if it was a parallel RP, would Jay know Roxxy or just witness her being kidnapped?

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 13 2014, 04:46 AM) *
Whatever you want to do in terms of structure is fine with me. A three-man RP might be less confusing, but I'm sure two separate but parallel roleplays could work as well.

Hmm, structure-wise... Mam, what do you think? Would you like to do a three-man roleplay or separate but parallel roleplays?

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 13 2014, 07:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:56 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.