Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are clicks registering properly?, Is it just me...?
Alex Mercer
post Aug 1 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

I thought I noticed this at midnight server time, but I'm still seeing it now, this morning. It doesn't look like the right amount of clicks are being added to my interactions today/exploration counter. I'll click a sizable number of pokemon, perhaps an estimated 36, and only get 20 added to my interactions. I haven't done any specific counts yet, but I've played this game for three years; I have a pretty good gauge on how many clicks is how many, from a rough estimate.

So I ran some 'tests'.

Clicked twelve pokemon on one of the random lists. All twelve went through.

Clicked two - only one counted, did not register on next click update.

Clicked two. Neither counted. Did not register on click update.

Directly after a reset, clicked 27. 17 counted. Again, the missing clicks didn't register on the next update.

Okay, so at this point, I think I see the problem - if there is a problem. The clicks that happen too close to the 'update point', if you will, don't get carried over. Or so it would seem.

Is anyone else having this issue?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Aug 1 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #2

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(Alex Mercer @ Aug 1 2012, 11:02 AM) *
I thought I noticed this at midnight server time, but I'm still seeing it now, this morning. It doesn't look like the right amount of clicks are being added to my interactions today/exploration counter. I'll click a sizable number of pokemon, perhaps an estimated 36, and only get 20 added to my interactions. I haven't done any specific counts yet, but I've played this game for three years; I have a pretty good gauge on how many clicks is how many, from a rough estimate.

So I ran some 'tests'.

Clicked twelve pokemon on one of the random lists. All twelve went through.

Clicked two - only one counted, did not register on next click update.

Clicked two. Neither counted. Did not register on click update.

Directly after a reset, clicked 27. 17 counted. Again, the missing clicks didn't register on the next update.

Okay, so at this point, I think I see the problem - if there is a problem. The clicks that happen too close to the 'update point', if you will, don't get carried over. Or so it would seem.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Could it be an issue with trying to interact with freshly-hatched Pokemon that are being removed from the user's party? We DO have a multiplier, and these kinds of things tend to happen on multiplier days.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Aug 1 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

That doesn't seem to be the issue. Several of the tests I was running were on my own party, and the other pokemon I was clicking... I saw a lot of mid-level exploration pokemon/legendaries/those new novelties, not so much freshly hatched eggs and so on.

Then again, it may be the case if nobody else is having an issue. To one person, it's seeing things - to several, there's a bug somewhere.

This post has been edited by Alex Mercer: Aug 1 2012, 10:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 1 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

This has been happening to me too... I'd opened 900 Pokemon and only 380 went through. I kinda doubt 520 were hatched and put in the PC before I could interact :s

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Barney Stinson
post Aug 1 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 118

Active Squad

QUOTE(Alex Mercer @ Aug 1 2012, 01:18 PM) *
That doesn't seem to be the issue. Several of the tests I was running were on my own party, and the other pokemon I was clicking... I saw a lot of mid-level exploration pokemon/legendaries/those new novelties, not so much freshly hatched eggs and so on.

Then again, it may be the case if nobody else is having an issue. To one person, it's seeing things - to several, there's a bug somewhere.

I get this too, it seems like I click slower than before, even when I click random users and after the update for the berry feeder (20 than load instead of 15 than load).

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Aug 1 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

Ah, so there does seem to be something wrong.

Like I said, I've played this game long enough to get a feel for when things are off, counting the multi-day quickness.

Well. Huh.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Aug 1 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #7

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

What you're likely experiencing is a combination of eggs reaching full maturity before your interactions are processed or being hatched and moved from your party as you're going through them - the combination of the multiplier, first day of the month and rise in activity from the release of the new site causing things to mature faster, yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Kazz
post Aug 1 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #8

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

@ BB

Idk about that. When I was doing the new exploration I decided to click from the list of all users for that reason. For the bulk of the list, with the way it's sorted, the large majority of users haven't been active so their eggs and pokemon are staying there. While I'm normally able to get 300-600 clicks in a minute, the clicking tasks ended up taking far longer than they should have due to clicks not processing.

--------------------
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Aug 1 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #9

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

@ BB's post: I'm not sure if this is the case.

I've had to click my Roggenmorpha three times, before it counted.

This post has been edited by PokeNOM NOM NOM: Aug 1 2012, 10:44 AM

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Aug 1 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

Mmm... I'm used to that, though, and that effect seems to have plagued me less even on 4x multiplier days. That may be the case, but I'm not inclined to brush it off as such unless a closer look reveals that there actually is nothing wrong.

Unless half the users I click are boxing their pokemon as I put them away, including the ones they're trying to level.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Aug 1 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #11

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(Alex Mercer @ Aug 1 2012, 11:48 AM) *
Mmm... I'm used to that, though, and that effect seems to have plagued me less even on 4x multiplier days. That may be the case, but I'm not inclined to brush it off as such unless a closer look reveals that there actually is nothing wrong.

Unless half the users I click are boxing their pokemon as I put them away, including the ones they're trying to level.

Or if the egg reaches full maturity - if an egg matures fully from only a portion of the interactions it's given, subsequent ones don't process until it's hatched (even if they were made before it matures fully), yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Esc
post Aug 1 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #12

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Aug 1 2012, 11:40 AM) *
What you're likely experiencing is a combination of eggs reaching full maturity before your interactions are processed or being hatched and moved from your party as you're going through them - the combination of the multiplier, first day of the month and rise in activity from the release of the new site causing things to mature faster, yup yup.

BB, the berry feeder is saying that 280+ of the 300 pokemon were clicked. Then how are only about 100 going through and actually counting?

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Aug 1 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #13

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

What I was concerned with was that the berry feeder keeps reading around 290 interactions completed every time I decide to click, but my interactions stat only increases by about half. I noticed this this morning when I started clicking for the exploration and it took nearly 2k "interactions completed" (according to the berry feeder) to finish a 900 interaction task.

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Aug 1 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

I'm just saying, BB, that I have a feel for how many clicks is how many clicks, how quickly my counter rises, how many won't count, et cetera - and factoring in everything I already know, today feels distinctly off. If a bunch of newbies were asking this question, then yes, it's easier to write off. Now, it seems less so.

This post has been edited by Alex Mercer: Aug 1 2012, 11:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mizuiro no Yume
post Aug 1 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 882

Active Squad

QUOTE(PokeNOM NOM NOM @ Aug 1 2012, 10:43 AM) *
@ BB's post: I'm not sure if this is the case.

I've had to click my Roggenmorpha three times, before it counted.

I'm also having to feed the pokemons in my party two or three times (I also wait several minutes before checking if the clicks registered or not; if not, I wait a some extra minutes before clicking again) because most of the time the clicks don't seem to count.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vempyremon
post Aug 1 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 983

Blackeis

Just to add on to this, this same problem is happening for me, too. <_>
I had to click 500 Pokemon for an exploration, but it continued to say I only did 135 clicks after clicking the "Open 250 pokemon" THREE times!

250 x 3 is not 135, as far as I know. It did it again today when I was clicking through my PalPad.
I had to reclick user's Pokemon several times. Even now it still didnt register properly. Some of the users on my PalPad
arent even active anymore. There's no possible way they could have switched them out while I was clicking.
Reason for edit: As per forum rules, please only use font color to emphasis parts of your post, not for the entire thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post Aug 1 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #17

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

Today, I'm sure I fed a shiny delcatty already but then I fed it again.
I'm also sure about a certain shiny latios that I also fed 2 times now.
I didn't think about it but now....

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Aug 1 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

I'm absolutely sure there's a problem EITHER with clicks going through OR with the "X interactions completed in the Berry Feeder!" message.

I had 19/900 clicks on my Exploration task. I opened a round of 300, finished it, and it told me "289 interactions completed". Several minutes later (with no GPX+ activity in the meantime), I refreshed my Poketch on the old site, went to the Explorations tab, and it told me 209/900. Somehow, 99 clicks just disappeared into nowhere.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Aug 1 2012, 01:57 PM
Post #19

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Aug 1 2012, 02:49 PM) *
I'm absolutely sure there's a problem EITHER with clicks going through OR with the "X interactions completed in the Berry Feeder!" message.

I had 19/900 clicks on my Exploration task. I opened a round of 300, finished it, and it told me "289 interactions completed". Several minutes later (with no GPX+ activity in the meantime), I refreshed my Poketch on the old site, went to the Explorations tab, and it told me 209/900. Somehow, 99 clicks just disappeared into nowhere.

Same... Clicking 65 K is hard now sealed.gif

I have to click my party 2 or 3 times sometimes... There's definitely a problem,

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post Aug 1 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #20

None
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

Same here, i to am having this problem, cause i actually remember which pokemon I click when I go through the list, and all throughout the day I have notice that i have been like for example with the pal pad. I would click through the pokemon, but then once it returned back to the list those pokemon that I just clicked would still be there and i would reload to click again and they would come up as if i have never even clicked them. It would happen a good 1 or 2 maybe even three times before the clicks actually go through and when the list appears it show there is nothing for me to click.

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:35 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.