Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
148 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
July Community Thread, Shiny rule updated on pg. 100 - still no GPX+ gear grinding posts
Jen
post Jun 30 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

July Community Thread!

The June Community thread has been moved here.

Hey guys! Did you all enjoy last month's thread? (: I hope so! Every month a new community thread will be made and the old one will be discarded into the archives. I don't want a super huge thread to continue to get even bigger, so I hope everyone is excited for a fresh start every month!

If you're new here then don't be shy! The community thread is the place to come and chat with fellow members of the site who share a common interest with you. Talk about whatever you want, whether it's GPX related or something going on in your personal life, just be sure to read the rules first before posting. There's always someone on the forums to read and respond to your posts, so chat away and maybe you'll meet some great people!

Rules
If any staff member catches word of anyone bullying other members there will be punishments; such as, not being able to be eligible for the drawing, and a warning of a percentage that staff seems suitable for the committed infraction. If I find out anything I will send you a message saying what I heard/saw while leaving everyone else anonymous — so have no fear if you need to report someone — and tell you what you did wrong and why you’re being punished in such a way. Fair enough? Please keep it civil!
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• While posting an exploration Pokémon is A-OK, it is NOT okay to make those your only posts and have absolutely no other interaction in this thread. It's a community thread, not a personal dumping ground.

• Do not post your shinies here, there's a shiny thread for that. Discussing them is OK though! Just make sure you add content to your post.

• Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that.

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF. If you send me a PM nominating yourself you'll receive a verbal warning. Do it again and you will be placed in the restricted group which will prevent you from being able to win an event egg during the duration of the event.

• Do not make this thread's nominations a popularity/clique group. Even if you don't like someone, send them a nomination if they're following the rules and being active in the thread. Please be fair!

• Do not suck up to staff who are participating in discussion. We will notice this. Not cool, man! (Talking and sucking up are two different things and we'll notice the difference, I promise. So don't be scared to talk to us!)

• No memes. Examples: Scumbag Steve, Good Guy Greg, Bad Luck Brian, Socially Awkward Penguin, Awkward Moment Seal, etc. If you want to post an image to give imagery to your post, such as the kind of breed your dog or cat is, a screenshot of the villagers in your animal crossing game, your new haircut, etc. then that's fine. Put them in a spoiler though.

• Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! If you feel that you know of a gif that is relevant to the conversation, such as dis gon be gud, then go ahead and put it in a spoiler tag. That's fine!

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.
Nominations
What are nominations?
Nominations are a side thing of the community thread to encourage participation. Anyone who gets a nomination from any user is entered into a monthly raffle where the winners (there are 3 of them) get to choose a legendary or novelty, barring Arceus, to be handed out in the egg distribution. Details about the egg distribution are in the second post of this thread.

The criteria to look for when choosing people to nominate is based on their participation in this thread. That's all. Just participation!

How do I nominate someone?
To nominate someone you need to send me a list of names through a PM titled 'Nominations' and from there I will keep track of all the names that were sent in.

Example:
Zerxer
Big Bidoof
Jen
Darth Krytie

OR

Zerxer, Big Bidoof, Jen, Darth Krytie

Both of those ways work fine.

What do you do with the nominations once they're sent?
I put them in a PHP script that will randomly choose three winners each month.

There are no restrictions to sending nominations, so if you want to send some twice a week, once a month, or everyday that's fine! Only nominate people who are being active in this thread. Nominations from elsewhere and the IRC will not count.

End Note
In the end, this is all for FUN, so remember that! Don’t get competitive with other users, make friends instead! Besides, being angry and stressed will make you break out, and you don't want to break out, so think of your skin! Jokes aside, please be respectful of everyone around you. If something rubs you the wrong way then send a private message to the person and talk it out. Leave the drama in private, or I, or other mods that are on, will chase you with our warn sticks!!!

Members of staff are also eligible for nominations, so don’t leave them out just because they’re staff! I’m wanting ALL members of the community to communicate with each other, not just users. So expect to see us around, and don’t be shy!

Alright this is all I can think to say right now. If you have ANY questions then please ask! Enjoy, have fun, make friends, and win prizes! <333

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Jun 30 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

July Egg Distribution!

How to get an egg from this event
  • You must keep at least one slot open in your party.
  • You MUST have logged in sometime on GPX+ in the last two weeks.
  • You can not be in the restricted group.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES
  1. No, you do NOT have to be online at the time I am sending out eggs.
  2. These eggs do NOT show up in the Lab for the event. They are sent out randomly.
  3. There is ONE set shiny for each Pokémon, but every other egg has a regular chance of being shiny.
  4. If you obtain ONE of the eggs from this event, you will NOT be able to obtain another one from this same event. This means if you get an egg on day 1 of this event, you can't get an event egg from any other day during this event. By the way, abandoning an event egg does nothing. So if you get one you might as well keep it and be happy.
  5. If we find any accounts being made just to get eggs from the event then they will be immediately banned along with your main.
  6. If you were a winner of the raffle, your chosen Pokémon will be spawned into your party on the day of the event. It won't be forced shiny, but there's always a small chance just like any other egg! This will not count as an event egg and you can still receive one from the event.
  7. There is no guarantee that you'll receive an egg. There have been about 3k users online daily and there are only 1,750 eggs going out, so that at least gives you a little more than a 50% chance at getting something.
  8. Eggs chosen will not be available to pick from again for 3 months. If x legendary was in the January egg distribution, then it can not be chosen again until May.
  9. I will be aiming for 4 p.m. server time to start the event, but keep in mind that there is no set time of day these show up. I have to be online in order to run the script.
Event dates and what's being handed out
  • July 3rd: Mew - Winner: Nemu - 350 eggs
  • July 4th: This one Pokémon is enjoying the coolness of the southern hemisphere. ~ Articuno - 350 eggs
  • July 5th: This Pokémon is enjoying three months in the heat of the northern hemisphere. ~ Moltres ~ 350 eggs
  • July 6th: Deoxys (Speed) - Winner: A Serendipitous Encounter - 350 eggs
  • July 7th: Bidofo - Winner: nitrodog96 - 350 eggs

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jen
post Jun 30 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

Gaming Info

There is no longer any set day to play games. Play what you want to play when you want to play. Just be sure to invite us along, okay?! (:

IRC Channel: #gpxgames
This channel consists of users from this thread playing games. Sometimes it's just easier to chat in real time. (:

Nintendo

List of Nintendo IDs and Friend Codes (click to show)

Steam
List of Steam IDs (click to show)

Minecraft
Suggest good servers for games and Pixelmon. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Hypixel. I'm pretty sure there are tons of others though!

Pixelmon Server IP run by sportsfan666 - pixelmon.acherongaming.com
Extra info on the server (click to show)

Vanilla Server IP run by MaliceIncorporated - 76.164.208.106:33837 Do not spread this IP around.
Extra server info (click to show)

pidgey.gifpidgey.gifpidgey.gif

Streaming
If you're a streamer and want to link to your stream when you go live then go ahead.
If you're watching someone stream and you think others would like to watch with you then go ahead and link it.

Youtubers
Don't link to your channel to advertise. Keep it in your signature.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 30 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #4

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

I GO HOME A WEEK FROM SATURDAY

CANT WAIT

(BTW: ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT - new rallying cry for Wulfenites. Screw Assurite and Failachite/Crapachite/MALachite!)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Jun 30 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #5

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Hello, hello July thread. It's... a thread.

I'm hoping I get a Mew since I want a shiny one. Dat blue.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Natasha Romanoff
post Jun 30 2015, 11:00 PM
Post #6

I only act like I know everything.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 923

Antimatter

Hooray for the month of June! grin.gif

I bought a popsicle maker at Costco’s last weekend, so my mom and I can have some homemade popsicles while we sit and watch fireworks on July 4. Hopefully, the monsoon weather doesn’t disrupt the firework-show like it has for the past couple of years, lol.

Also, I hope I’ll be more productive this month. I was so burnt out from everything that I accomplished absolutely nothing in June. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
Post #7

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

So the hidden ones, I'm betting, are Articuno and Moltres. Sweet! I think I'm gonna gun for Moltres, then. But Mew. Oh so tempting....ooh, Jen, you made this tough, good job! happy.gif

Also, holy multiplier grin.gif I love it! You're the best, admins!

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Jun 30 2015, 11:01 PM

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Zotz
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 471

Splat

I'm torn between which I want, the 4th or 5th...mreh >w<;

--------------------

Pecha Berry Please!
+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Jun 30 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #9

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Member No.: 795

porgeymins

QUOTE(Lord Raven @ Jun 30 2015, 11:59 PM) *
I GO HOME A WEEK FROM SATURDAY

CANT WAIT

(BTW: ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT - new rallying cry for Wulfenites. Screw Assurite!)

as my first post in this thread,

gtfo

luv, Rhapsody

On a more serious note, think I'll go for one of the mystery events. Of course, I'll forget and get Mew anyway, but hey, I'm laying my plan out.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Jun 30 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #10

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Hello new thread, hello new egg giveaway speculation! Sometimes I wonder if Jen just bolds a random word or two to throw us off. srsbsns.gif

The bolded words might be generations. One = Articuno and Three = Groudon or Heatran...or just Articuno (one) and Moltres (three). /shrug

This post has been edited by Sportsfan666: Jun 30 2015, 11:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Daneh
post Jun 30 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #11

Ignored 90% of the time
Group Icon

Member No.: 140 331

Absol <3

Good luck to everyone for this month!

And happy Canada Day, fellow Canadians. <3

--------------------

Want to help others achieve Social Network? Click the banner, and become a ninja!
Banners + credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Azor Ahai
post Jun 30 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #12

K N E E L
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 188 146

Diamond Defence

Posting in the July thread. coffee.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

KatTheBard
post Jun 30 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #13

I get a title?
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

So I think I have all of those maybe? Or like I have at least one of the birds. And now I have motivation to finish TBD quickly since I know I need at least one hamster and one musketeer.

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
+Quote Post

Zynn
post Jun 30 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 504

Master Common Sense

And hello July! clap.gif

Here's to another chatty month. clamperl.gif

--------------------
If you happen to read this, clicks are always appreciated & returned. Thanks! wave.gif

Lovely Flalavoir & Lasolia Sprites made by Bonnie Clyde. Follow Flalavoir to her Sprite Boutique!
Beautiful Avatar & Banner made by Cycloneblaze in....

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Jun 30 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #15

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Terrakion. Now. Want. Thank.

Hmm, those Mystery Eggs are interesting...
Gonna probably guess Articuno and Moltres too.
Unsure which to go for though.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Aki Kurai
post Jun 30 2015, 11:05 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 224 110

Active Squad

Goodbye June; Hello July! happy.gif

If those mysteries are Articuno and Moltres, the gorgeous legendary chickens... ohh boy (>;^; )>

Good luck everyone. c:

This post has been edited by Aki Kurai: Jun 30 2015, 11:05 PM

--------------------
Hello!<3
My name is Joe. I am always up to making new friends and meeting new people, so feel free to send me a message! :3
Add me on Skype if you want: jlotzgt

~You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. -Robin Williams~

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jun 30 2015, 11:05 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Jul 1 2015, 12:00 AM) *
So the hidden ones, I'm betting, are Articuno and Moltres. Sweet! I think I'm gonna gun for Moltres, then. But Mew. Oh so tempting....ooh, Jen, you made this tough, good job! happy.gif

Also, holy multiplier grin.gif I love it! You're the best, admins!

Yeah. The boldedness seems to imply those choices. And why have I never noticed that the birds are Spanish?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jun 30 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #18

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

i wonder what the cold and hot one means. Articuno and moletres?

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Phoenicis
post Jun 30 2015, 11:10 PM
Post #19

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 761

Active Squad

Looks like I'm going for Mew or one of the mystery ones this month. (And yeah, I'm thinking Articuno and Moltres, too.)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bladed Darkness
post Jun 30 2015, 11:10 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 403

Active Squad

Ooh, looks like tough choices this month. I haven't posted in a community thread before, mainly because I'm a lurker, but I've been loving all the new content and changes to the site.
+Quote Post

148 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:25 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.