Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Deus Ex Machina
ShinyTyphlosion
post Feb 12 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #1

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Paul was sitting on the grass, in the middle of the forest. His stomach growling and his Pokemon sleeping. What was he to do? After searching for Cyndaquil for so long, he understood he cared more for his Pokemon than saving his parrents. He even overcame his greatest fear for fear that his Cyndaquil might not survive. "I guess water isn't my biggest fear anymore..." He mumbled to himself. Though he knew the fear would still be there if he got to close to a river or lake again.
He took out a damp piece of paper from his pocket. He could barely read it. "Even if I do get into Aqua as a double agent, how am I supposed to turn in information to Magma if I don't know who to talk to..." All he remembered was that he had to talk to a some one working a booth in the fairgrounds. Or something like that.

After putting the paper back in his pocket, he recalled Mareep and Eevee and picked up Ralts. "Are you strong enough to teleport me back to the city? Maybe where I found you the first time?"

The Ralts slowly shook it's head and in a white flash he was in front of the Pokemon Center. "Thanks." he told it as he put the Ralts back in it's Pokeball. Walking towards the Pokemon Center, a thought occurred to him. Last thing he needed was to be noticed by Daniel or Kishk or even another Rebellion operative. He took off his glasses and put them in his pocket with Cyndaquil's empty Pokeball before walking through the automatic doors.

"Nurse Joy, can you take care of these two Pokemon for a bit?" He handed her Mareep's and Ralts' Pokeballs.

"Certainly." She replied as she took them.

"Thanks." Paul said as he turned around and left the building.

Paul sighed. Everything is so much smaller without his glasses. But what was he supposed to do? Paul started walking around the city carefully watching where he stepped for fear that he might go tumbling into the river again. His stomach growled louder than ever. "Need something to eat..." He took out the 10 dollars that he had. It was still wet and the ink was blurred. He sighed again and threw the bills in a garbage can. "Well." he said to himself, I can either look for something that I can buy for these 2 quarters, or I can search through a dumpster." He hated getting food out of dumpsters. He always felt sick after eating it and it couldn't taste worse. Not to mention how bad he smelled after searching through them.

Searching for a dollar store somewhere, knowing they sometimes have candy, which is the only type of food you can get for less than a dollar, and knowing they sometimes have stuff for less than a dollar. But where was he supposed to find one?

Still walking, Paul ended up walking into the residential district. "Not one dollar store in this entire city..." he said to himself. "Either that or I missed it because I wasn't wearing my glasses..." Paul noticed. He put them on and looked around seeing a Pecha tree on someone's lawn. "I'm sure they won't mind if I take one or two. Eevee," he opened the Pokeball, "get a berry off that tree." he said pointing.

Paul watched Eevee run towards it jumping of the sidewalk and grabbing onto the bark of the tree with his claws and quickly climbing into the leaves where Paul couldn't see it anymore. After a few seconds a branch fell out of the tree with Eevee on it. Landing on his feet he came prancing back carrying a berry almost as big as it in it's mouth. "Well I didn't mean break the tree." Paul chuckled.

This post has been edited by ShinyTyphlosion: Feb 12 2011, 10:39 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Feb 12 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #2

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

=Last Night=

An alarm sounded across the facility as confused Aqua members all began panicking. "What's happening?" one shouted as others frantically ran back to their rooms. For a whole minute chaos was aloud to ensue before a loud voice over the intercom gave direction. "Attention all active members. Two high level officers have taken important documents from the main Aqua archives and are attempting to bring them to Magma headquarters. Stop them at all costs." This information was repeated like a recording over the intercom multiple times before anyone started making any progress toward apprehending these two rogue high-level officers.

None of the information was true, of course. Vincent had stolen nothing, they hadn't escaped yet, they weren't going to see Team Magma, and Lanette wasn't a high-level officer.

Two men ran past the entrance to the docking bay as Vincent poked his head around the corner to watch. His fiancé, Lanette, was inside the bay readying a speed boat for what he hoped would be his last ride down the river. Ideally, he would never have to set foot in this horrid facility again. The boat seemed fitting as the trees would give better cover than Aerodactyl could, and he also enjoyed the sensation of the freezing water evaporating around him. He'd miss that the most. But he needed to get married and see his dad about some other business, so it was about time he made himself scarce.

The sound of a revving engine snapped him back to reality, and together Vincent and Lanette road into Noverus by boat, under cover of night.

=The Following Afternoon=

"What do you MEAN there's no available tickets?!"

"I'm sorry, sir, all outbound ships have been delayed. Aqua submarines have been firing on any vessel that attempts to break the city limits, and with the river at such a small choke point, we have no way of sending anyone anywhere."

Vincent was angrily yelling at the lady behind the desk. Her job was to sell tickets to people leaving Noverus by ferry. Lanette, scared but amused, watched with what little bubbly enthusiasm she could muster as Vincent stomped her way, fuming. "We're stranded here, I take it?"

"I want out of this stinking place so badly," Vincent muttered. "I need to get into contact with my dad."

"We could always use the pokemon center computers," Lanette offered.

"And risked being wiretapped and traced by Aqua?"

"It's worth a try."

Vincent had to consider. It was urgent that he get his father's live voice; a letter or recording would not do. "I suppose it is."

Lanette took Vincent's hand and began sprinting toward the pokemon center, dragging Vincent along as she ran. It wasn't long before they arrived at the center, and Vincent plugged into a vision camera, chatting with his father. He began summarizing the events that had taken place over the last few weeks since they last spoke; about how the camera and pokemon transfer unit had been removed from his room as a security measure, how the crystal compass that led to Kyogre had been shattered, and how Vincent had resurrected an Aerodactyl.

"Wow, son, you've gone through a quite an ordeal to get here," Jeff Lance said finally.

"I know. Dad, I'm prepping a pokeball transfer to you."

"Who are you sending?"

"Seel. His tongue's been dry for quite some time, and I'd like you to look at him."

"Sure, send him over. I'll have a return package for you, so be ready to accept it."

"What is it?"

"A surprise. See you soon, son."

"Ah, dad, wait! I'm not-"

The communication was cut off. To Vincent's right a necklace zapped in on he transporter; the icon on the end looked like a Razor Claw. He took it sheepishly and set Seel's pokeball in its place.

"What do we do now?" Lanette asked as Seel was warped out of the center.

"....We need help. Badly."

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Feb 17 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #3

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Paul took the berry from Eevee and wrapped it in a soft cloth before putting it in his pocket. "Come on, let's go before that person notices their tree." He said as he started running back to the Pokemon Center. He looked back to see Eevee happily running after him. "Sure doesn't take much to make him happy." He thought to himself.

Stopping in front of the Pokemon Center, he took his glasses off and took out the Pecha berry. "Come on." He said gesturing Eevee to come up onto the bench. "I'm sure you're happy to." He said taking a a pretty dull pocket knife, and cutting the berry into 4 pieces with it. He gave one two Eevee and ate one of the others before putting the other two back in the soft cloth for later.

After a while of just sitting there petting Eevee who was sitting on his lap, he recalled it into it's Pokeball and got up and stretched. "Well, let's go see if they're healed." He mumbled to himself before walking towards the Pokemon Center.

"Nurse Joy, are my Pokemon ready?" He asked walking up to the desk.

"Yes they are." She said before turning around and going into the back. Coming out a few moments later with two Pokeballs, that she put on the desk.

"Thanks. Umm, what was wrong with Mareep?" He asked taking the Pokeballs and putting them in their appropriate pockets.

"Was there a mix up? You gave me a Flaffy and a Ralts. You didn't give me any Mareeps."

Paul looked at her questionably. "No, I gave you a changed Ralts and an odd looking Mareep. It changed in the last battle I had her in."

"Oh, your Mareep must have evolved. Sometimes when a Pokemon becomes strong enough, they will evolve."

Paul took out Mareep's Pokeball and opened it. In a white flash a Flaffy was there. "Weird. I hadn't ever heard of a Pokemon changing like that..." He said petting Mareep carefully not to be shocked. "Well, thanks for the info." He said walking out of the Pokemon Center with Mareep following him.

"Guess there's still a lot I don't know about Pokemon." Paul mumbled to himself while looking at Mareep. Sitting down on the bench he was sitting on with Eevee, he opened Ralts' Pokeball and took out the two pieces of the berry left. "Eat up you to." He handed one piece to each the Pokemon.

This post has been edited by ShinyTyphlosion: Feb 17 2011, 11:48 AM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Feb 20 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent looked around the pokemon center, his thoughts wandering in all directions. He had just escaped from Aqua headquarters with his fiancé in tow, and now his life might be at risk. His father didn't help, either; all he did was take his sick Seel home to rest and give him some useless trinket. It would take more than two humans, the five pokemon they had between them, and an evolutionary item on a string to get home now. They needed a plan, and more importantly, they needed help. Trustworthy, reliable-

"Vincent, isn't that the boy from the Rebellion? Him over there?"

He wheeled around, expecting to see Daniel Reeves once again, and readied himself for a sarcastic remark. But, to his surprise, he saw someone else; he knew the face, though the name of the young man escaped his memory. He had been the one that had his Mareep shock Vincent back at the fossil research plant some time ago. Lanette had never seen him before now, though, so how had she recognized him first?

"How did you know who he was?" Vincent asked.

"I saw a picture of him on the wanted list back at the Maw. His was next to the picture of that Daniel boy, so I figured they were buddy-buddy."

"And you assumed I'd met him, too?"

"Okay, let's go with that."

How odd. "What of him?"

"Maybe he can help us," Lanette replied.

"What?" Vincent couldn't believe she would suggest that. "He might want us detained just as badly. We can't trust our enemy!"

"He looks harmless enough. What could go wrong?"

A lot of things could go wrong. But, unwilling to test his fiancé's patience, Vincent took a few steps forward and waved to the young man. "Excuse me, may I ask you a question?" This was incredibly stupid.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Feb 20 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Paul was watching his two Pokemon eat when he heard someone behind him mention the Maw. For some reason when ever a familiar phrase or name catches his ear he always seems to hear other parts of the conversation. He heard them talking about Daniel too, but he couldn't quite figure out what they were saying. He heard the male say something about their enemy, and quickly slipped his left hand into his pocket and wrapped his fist around Eevee's Pokeball. It was probably nothing, but didn't hurt to be safe.

"Excuse me, may I ask you a question?" he heard the male say.

"Oh please don't be talking to me." He mumbled under his breath. He turned around to see him looking right at him. He looked familiar, but Paul wasn't to sure who he was. "This is probably to much to ask, but please don't be from the Rebellion and recognize me..." He thought to himself.

Paul sat up from the bench pulling Eevee's Pokeball out his his pocket holding it with his thumb against his palm so they couldn't see it. Walking over to the couple Paul remember who he was. He was that Aqua he zapped at some Aqua facility. "Oh boy... I don't doubt this guy is gonna remember me." He thought to himself.

"Yes? What is it?" He asked him wrapping his hand around the Pokeball more ready for a fight. He knew he was out numbed too. The only way he could win is if he strikes before they get their Pokemon out or if he had Cyndaquil to use Smokescreen so he could escape.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Feb 21 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

He was obviously not happy to see Vincent. Perhaps the young man remembered him just like he did. Something about his demeanor suggested anxiety instead of passion or anger, like the ex-Aqua had expected. Vincent's presence upset the young man; or, perhaps, the source of the anxiety was unrelated.

"Awful touchy, aren't you? Look, it's obvious you know who I am, so let me cut to the chase. I need help. Me and my future wife need to leave Noverus, and I think you can help us."

How, though? Was there any actual correlation between the boy and getting away from this mess? It hadn't occurred to Vincent until now that, maybe, he had made a mistake in asking the Rebel for help he couldn't provide. Granted, the Rebellion had agents everywhere, but how much influence would this kid have? And, moreover, he still wasn't sure whether he could trust him. He had to test his theory.

"I would be more than willing to pay you if you can arrange transport for us," Vincent offered. "Or, perhaps I can help you with something?"

Knowing it would benefit both sides would raise Vincent's chances of success. If the kid wanted money, fine. He needed the insurance that this wouldn't backfire on him, and if it cost him every penny he owned, it would be worth it.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Feb 23 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #7

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

"They need help?" He thought as he slightly loosened his grip on the Pokeball, "Why would they need my help? They're Aqua and they think I'm with the Rebellion. But, if they are Aqua, they have access to boats and they can help me find Cyndaquil!"

"Alright," Paul said out loud. "I'll see if I can help you if you can help me find my Cyndaquil."

"Darn!" He thought. "What if this is a trap? If they know that I want Cyndaquil who is probably dead, I'd do what I could to save him if he is alive."

Paul noticed Mareep and Ralts had finished eating behind him, rather than return them to their Pokeballs, he thought it might be better to leave them out incase he did need to get away. Just before asking if it was a deal, he noticed something, "Why doesn't Aqua get you out of Noverus?"

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 1 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

"That's a rather delicate question," Vincent replied. "We need to leave Noverus to escape from Aqua, actually. They've caught on to my tomfoolery, and they want none of it. Understandably. If an operative is sabotaging missions for the greater good of the pokemon and people involved instead of furthering the cause, they tend to have those operatives....excommunicated."

The boy was, of course, right to question Vincent's motives. Questions were vital to survival.

"And, your Cyndaquil. Of course I'll help you find it. I'd help even if you weren't a Rebel."

Lanette stood up and made her way to Vincent's side. "A pokemon in need? We'll be there for sure."

"That's the plan. So, do you accept my help? In return, I hope you'll assist me in every way possible."

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.