Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Important information about your eggs
Emerald Blaise
post Oct 1 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8 788

Team Blaze

Sorry but, i just think this is wrong
I have college, and the most i get to click during the week is 5-25 clicks. I cant click while im at college, and when i get home, and too tired to even do it. At weekend, if im not busy (which i usually am), that when i can do as many clicks as i want. If this thing happened, i can see myself losing interest in the near future with it. I love clicking and hatching the eggs and all that, but this would certainally put me off sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fionna
post Oct 1 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #42

Lizard Blob
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 906

Pokemon Blue Team

QUOTE(Pizza Guy111 @ Oct 1 2009, 06:33 AM) *
I think that every time an egg hits a new stage, more time should be added to get it up another stage.

This please. I think this would be a good way to differentiate between the people who log in just for the eggs and people are really trying to hatch them. For commons it could add an additional day and for legends maybe 3 days onto the total time?

--------------------

I realize I'm too lazy to continuously update this with my current team, so just click the lizard girl to see my party. happy.gif

The Berry Smart Group/Alphabet Soup
+Quote Post

Meyerken
post Oct 1 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 021

Active Squad

I love this new rule!!!! awesome.gif awesome.gif
I don't see why people are whining about this. I have a job and can still hatch a legendary egg within 3 - 5 days (depending on how lasy I am.) You don't have to click that much to hatch any egg within 25 days.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Slider
post Oct 1 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 58 863

Active Squad

I don't really get what they mean by 'stage'.

--------------------

Click on the Totodile! It leads to my party.
And the Nidoran leads to my brother's.

dictionary.com (click to show)
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Oct 1 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #45

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

QUOTE(Emerald Blaise @ Oct 1 2009, 03:01 PM) *
Sorry but, i just think this is wrong
I have college, and the most i get to click during the week is 5-25 clicks. I cant click while im at college, and when i get home, and too tired to even do it. At weekend, if im not busy (which i usually am), that when i can do as many clicks as i want. If this thing happened, i can see myself losing interest in the near future with it. I love clicking and hatching the eggs and all that, but this would certainally put me off sad.gif

I know what you mean. And I don't think you'll be the only one. Once this limited time thing kicks in, and people start to lose their eggs, I can see a lot of people starting to leave, which would be really sad sad.gif

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Rapps
post Oct 1 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 388

Active Squad

QUOTE(Fionna @ Oct 1 2009, 03:06 PM) *
I think that every time an egg hits a new stage, more time should be added to get it up another stage.

This please. I think this would be a good way to differentiate between the people who log in just for the eggs and people are really trying to hatch them. For commons it could add an additional day and for legends maybe 3 days onto the total time?

Thirding this. Extremely good suggestion. And it adds a lot less pressure on those of us who don't have a lot of time to click.

--------------------

+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
post Oct 1 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #47

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

QUOTE(Fionna @ Oct 1 2009, 10:06 AM) *

That sounds more reasonable.

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

Slider
post Oct 1 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Fionna @ Oct 1 2009, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(TheIgDemon @ Oct 1 2009, 10:10 PM) *
QUOTE(Fionna @ Oct 1 2009, 10:06 AM) *

That sounds more reasonable.

Can someone please tell me what they mean by 'stage'?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Oct 1 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #49

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

QUOTE(Commander Wymsy @ Oct 1 2009, 09:57 AM) *
Mind you, the current amount of days may change. I threw out the numbers myself, and they are really only tentative. I was contemplating on having a few of them extended by a couple days. But for the curious, here was the idea:

1280 (3), 2560 (4), 3840 (5), 5120 (7), 6400 (8), 7680 (10), 8960 (12), 10000 (14), 10240 (14), 20480 (20), 30720 (25)

As for the person who said that getting to the next stage upping the time I bit; I like that idea. Perhaps by a day or two, depending on the amount of maturity needed to hatch it.

People liking my idea??!!! Oh no, I think the world is ending. But seriously, it was just the first thing that came to my mind. I only think it's fair because it shows that people are actually making some kind of effort.

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 1 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #50

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

If by stage, you mean every time a new set of cracks is added to the egg, then yes, I can definitely get behind that as well. happy.gif

If this works out the way I think, it'll be a lot more forgiving than Dragon Cave.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pies
post Oct 1 2009, 09:12 AM
Post #51

I hit a bandit in the face for 8345!
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 778

bloop.

My vote is yes. I think it is a good idea.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Leila
post Oct 1 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #52

Born in Darkness, Live in Flame
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 673

Love and Honor

Guys, it's really simple- Go to a library or another public computer when you're at school. I'm a college student and I have lag times between classes. I'm a little annoyed whenever I see a Bidofo or Mew egg that's not hatched... especially since Mew is my favorite 'mon and I didn't get one. Obviously, these people don't have the time to hatch eggs within a couple of months. I am in full support of the new system. Will I lose a couple when my computer breaks? Yes. But it's an online game, and you'll probably have a chance to get the egg in another event sometime down the road. Deal with it.

Good move, Admin. Thank you.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Oct 1 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #53

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

QUOTE(Slider @ Oct 1 2009, 10:11 AM) *
Can someone please tell me what they mean by 'stage'?

1) The egg is not gonna hatch anytime soon.
2) A small crack is in the egg.
3) The crack got bigger.
4) A small hole opened up.
5) That hole is bigger.
6) Egg's ready to hatch.

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Slider
post Oct 1 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #54

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Then yes I support this. It will make things alot less frustrating for people who dont click like mad.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SabakuNoElli
post Oct 1 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 783

Active Squad

Wow, I think, I have to get a laptop for everytime when I´m on vacation. horrified.gif
Maybe I´m away for four weeks in summer, so, what shall I do? Wait untill all my eggs are sent to the shelter? Hatch them all before Holiday?

I think, even if 1.000 or a million of legendary-eggs get lost because of some people like that, I would rather prefer the rules how they are now.

~Awww, my English sucks!

--------------------
I´m from Germany, so my English isn´t really good...
+Quote Post

taroschain
post Oct 1 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 906

Favorites

I like the idea of going by stages.

This wouldn't affect me too much, however it seems like it would give an extra advantage to mass clickers and shelter stalkers who are already more likely to find an abandoned legendary than users who log on every day and click to the best of their time constraints. Personally, it would piss me off to have an event egg at 25,000 maturity, then lose it and have it wind up in someone's party who already has two other legendary eggs. I can see the need to weed out "event fags," but it just feels like some people will be profiting from this more than others.

--------------------

Apparently my friend had a glitch in his game and it ended up like this=
Me: Wait, so you have a gay Bidoof after you?
shade609: I do not have a gay Bidoof after me, I have a lesbian Bidoof after me.

FGG Badges (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rythen
post Oct 1 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4 586

Favorites

I play this game very casually, sometimes it takes a few days even for common eggs to hatch because I just don't have the time to spend 30 minutes-an hour a day dedicated just to clicking random people, much less clearing up the list I've accumulated.

If a boost is added like suggested above, I'd be okay with this.

Honestly I don't CARE about the legends/novelties most of the time. I don't play the site to "Catch 'em all," I play to snag favorites here and there.

--------------------
[align=center]
<3[/align]
+Quote Post

Something is Odd...
post Oct 1 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #58

Hey! Where's the clicker?
Group Icon

From: Not sure, no visible landmarks. Perhaps one of the moons of Venus?
Member No.: 13 801

You're in trouble now

Hmm not sure how I feel about this. Seems a little unfair to people who cant click alot. On the other hand it is kind of irritating to constantly see event eggs that are several months old with barely any maturity, I swear I saw one from may the other day.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chewsky
post Oct 1 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #59

Escaping the real world ;)
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 733

Active Squad

I just had a quick scan of most of my hatched pokemon, seeing the date I obtained them and the date they finally hatched, trying to do a quick comparison against Wymsy's rough guide posted earlier in this topic. I find it that the times are often too close for comfort the more you move up the maturity line; for example, you get 14 days or so to hatch a 10k maturity egg but only an addition of 5 days to hatch the last 10k of a 30k maturity egg compared to a 20k maturity egg. That's a shortening of 9 days worth of clicks, which is frankly unfair. Or the other way of looking at it, if it's 14 days for a 10k maturity egg, then for a 30k maturity egg, the user should be allowed 14 x 3 days = 42 days to hatch it; no matter how you look at it, that cannot be equal to the 25 days that is given.

However, even if the plan should be implemented as it is, it wouldn't affect me directly because I go at my own pace. I will work around it, obtaining eggs when I know I'll have the time to initiate lots of clicks and returns. But, it still seems the rule is a bit harsh when it comes to novelty and legendaries that have high maturities compared to all other eggs. If this implementation is to stop inactive users hoarding eggs, then there should be a more defined line separating those who are attempting to hatch their eggs vs. those who are just hoarding during each event; which shouldn't be that difficult to do if the hoarders are only logging in and clicking during or near the event times.

This post has been edited by VileSe: Oct 1 2009, 09:37 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

koolchick
post Oct 1 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

I think deleteing inactive accounts would be good as well like must log in and actually be active not just stay logged in all time every week or something and do so many interactions a week nothing high just to show you are still active so people who have not been active enough can't get event eggs even if they have logged in in last 2 week. This would stop people only logging in to have chance of legendarys. Overall it is a good idea as there will be others as well as me who never ever get event eggs who may manage to grab one from shelter and there will be quite a few so not everyone diving for same one like it would be if any get abandoned in events or other times. Also if people do leave the site through this is gives other people a bit more chance at getting event eggs.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:49 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.