Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Important information about your eggs
Slider
post Oct 1 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #61

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 58 863

Active Squad

The way I see it, this only weeds out the less active, and the event fags. I think we should be expecting more shelter stalkers soon. But then again, the decision's been made.

--------------------

Click on the Totodile! It leads to my party.
And the Nidoran leads to my brother's.

dictionary.com (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rythen
post Oct 1 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #62

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4 586

Favorites

QUOTE(Blak99Psy @ Oct 1 2009, 09:12 AM) *
If by stage, you mean every time a new set of cracks is added to the egg, then yes, I can definitely get behind that as well. happy.gif

If this works out the way I think, it'll be a lot more forgiving than Dragon Cave.

Actually I find DC more forgiving than this.
On DC if you run low on time, there are many sites to post and people can just spam refresh. Even with a couple hours left, an ignored-till-the-last-minute egg can survive.

You can't do that here.

--------------------
[align=center]
<3[/align]
+Quote Post

Arche Klaine
post Oct 1 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #63

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 21 184

Dream Party

Meh, I don't really like this idea. But it's not like I can do anything about it, so I won't complain. I sure hope the idea for extra time is implemented, though.

I predict a lot of lag on the site, though - the Shelter will be constantly refreshed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShiroYume
post Oct 1 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #64

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 210

Liked non-legendaries

I'm not quite sure what to think about this. I am online everyday and click as many clicks as seems reasonable considering my free time. I've got Internet Explorer, so I can't get Snap Links, and it takes rather long to open all links and click them etc, even though I've got a pretty fast Internet connection.

Personally, I'm not sure whether those times are enough to hatch my eggs...or at least they'll be a bit too close for comfort. I'm also worried about holidays and Internet problems...

If people are the problem that only log on during events to get an event egg, wouldn't it be better to only let those get eggs that don't currently have an event egg (that they obtained through the event itself, not through the Shelter) that they haven't hatched yet? Not sure if it's possible, but at least it would stop the hoarding without hatching...

--------------------
+Quote Post

chaosashley
post Oct 1 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #65

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 765

Active Squad

what if you have an event egg from long time ago and haven't been on because of moving
will that egg be gone by the time the system start?

i mean i have no time to hatch regiice because i cant be on 9 to 10 hours any more.
regiice is not even close to hatching. do i just forget about it?
i havent been on for a while but i am on now and clicking like mad! unimpressed.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rythen
post Oct 1 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #66

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4 586

Favorites

Someone I know brought up a good point about abuse with this system...
Who's to say that someone won't notice your legendary and decide NOT to click it just so they can snag it off the Shelter themselves?

--------------------
[align=center]
<3[/align]
+Quote Post

Slider
post Oct 1 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #67

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 863

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rythen @ Oct 1 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Someone I know brought up a good point about abuse with this system...
Who's to say that someone won't notice your legendary and decide NOT to click it just so they can snag it off the Shelter themselves?

This. If event fags and hoarders exist. I don't see why this won't happen.

--------------------

Click on the Totodile! It leads to my party.
And the Nidoran leads to my brother's.

dictionary.com (click to show)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Oct 1 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #68

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

Don't worry, we'd actually already thought about that and have a plan that would prevent that from happening. happy.gif

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Oct 1 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #69

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

i'm sorry but this idea just seems very stupid my brother is only able to get on-line for about an hour a day due to school and he has had his eggs for a long time and some of em arent even half way hatched but its not his fault and now he is going to be penalized for it? thats not fair at all he is hardly able to get 10 interactions a day outside of his own egg's because of our connection and most of the time i'm the only one who ends up clicking him back its not fair to punish those who cant control it.

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Ingrid
post Oct 1 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #70

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 852

Bros

I feel that this idea is a terrible one. We all have lives to attend to and we all can't be on the site everyday. Oh, you wanna go on vacation? Nope, your eggs are gone. Oh, you're moving? Your eggs are gone. What's that? A tasking job? Your eggs are gone.

Look, sure I dislike seeing event eggs unhatched. I've logged on for every single event past the Easter Buneary and I have not gotten -ONE- event egg. Not one. But I feel this system is a poor one. I rather go, "Grr".. than feel the worry of "Omg, what if I don't hatch my eggs"

Right now I'm in the process of moving.. I'm not going to be able to get on a computer every day. I don't need to have STRESS on a site where I click pokemon eggs. Sheesh. This is supposed to be relaxing.

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ
+Quote Post

Glide
post Oct 1 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #71

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 796

My Dream Team

I dislike this idea.

I have a Egg I got in June and it is just NOW getting close to hatching and today I got another egg I know will take forever to hatch. I try to click everyday but there are points that my internet refuses to load so I can not click and about half of the people I click do not click back.

I understand why this is happening but this will hurt a lot of people who are trying to play correctly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

GhostRiley
post Oct 1 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #72

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 444

Legends of WIN

Yeah this can be a problem... I can't get onto GPX every day, and with this being taken into account, my eggs will have a higher chance of being abandoned as a result (when this is activated). It would be really harsh if someone spent a lot of time getting a rare egg, or luckily finding a lab summon, and they can't always get onto GPX, it will be deleted because they can't get onto it everyday, and all that hard work will be for nothing. As a result I don't particulary like this idea... cat.gif

--------------------
I'm STILL a newbie because I don't post on the forums that much. Well, on GPX+, though... I'm way higher than a newbie!

My GPX+ party is above.
+Quote Post

koolchick
post Oct 1 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #73

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

QUOTE(CAR = BIDOOF @ Oct 1 2009, 04:03 PM) *
Don't worry, we'd actually already thought about that and have a plan that would prevent that from happening. happy.gif

How exactly would you stop it happening??

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Oct 1 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #74

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I don't get why everyone is still complaining. Oh, right, because not everyone is reading our replies. We already stated that the 3-25 day range will probably change, it was just a placeholder idea. On top of that, we're going to use the idea of making your time left increase as you get the egg to a new stage (meaning the cracks change). All of this was posted several times already now.

I don't see how everyone is assuming they'll have such a huge problem with this. Drag Cave completely kills off your eggs, and even your hatchlings I believe, if you don't hatch/mature them in a certain amount of time. Their members still cope with it just fine.

I'm going to go back to my original idea of just leaving this thread locked because it's just people posting the same exact thing wrapped up in their own wall of text. Please don't make anymore clarification threads about it in the other GPX+ sections. We'll make sure we iron out the details and make it fair enough for everyone.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Oct 1 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #75

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

I've changed my mind. The countdown will begin on the 7th for all eggs, meaning eggs that are already older than a month will not be abandoned instantly on the 7th.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Oct 2 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #76

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

New information:
Max maturity (days required to hatch)
1280 (10), 2560 (13), 3840 (15), 5120 (17), 6400 (19), 7680 (21), 8960 (23), 10000 (25), 10240 (25), 20480 (32), 30720 (38)

Max maturity (time added on after your egg hits a new stage/gets more cracked)
1280-2560 bonus (4 hours), 3840-5120 bonus (6 hours), 6400-7680 bonus (8 hours), 7680-8960 bonus (10 hours), 10000-10240 bonus (12 hours), 20480 bonus (24 hours), 30720 bonus (36 hours)

Plus, we will think up other ways you can increase your egg's time remaining. Honestly, this seems fair. Eggs are supposed to be easy to hatch, it's leveling the Pokémon up and evolving it that is the difficult part, which we won't put any limit on.

One of the main things you're supposed to do on this site is go around and post them places where you hang out so that they can grow faster, and you should really have no trouble hatching an egg that requires 8960 maturity or less in a week, and we're giving you more time than that. Try putting them in your signature on this forum, and being active here, or joining a GPX+ Group here. You'd be surprised how much faster they hatch.

If you still can't do this, or know you'll be on vacation, then just put Pokémon in your party instead, since you're supposed to level them up too, not just hatch every egg you can. Don't fill your entire party up with eggs if you know you can't hatch them fast enough.

If you're going to leave over this, then we're sorry to see you go. But this is something we need implemented to better control the database, just like we needed to get rid of all those unvalidated accounts.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:50 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.