Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Darkrai V.s Cresselia, Serious Question!
Which?
Choose.
Darkrai [ 24 ]  [68.57%]
Cresselia [ 11 ]  [31.43%]
Total Votes: 35
Guests cannot vote 

The Darkrai
post Mar 9 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #1

Blaze of Gory
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 412

Original Squad

Who would win, Why did you pick your answer, I want reasons to who would win. There will be a poll about this, here is some base info about the two to help influence your answer. The Info is in Spoiler tags.

Cresselia #488 (click to show)

Darkrai #491 (click to show)

If that isn't in depth enough, then provide more info and your answer. I wont post who I'm voting for, that's fairly obvious.

DISCUSS!

--------------------

I have no more words.
darkrai.gif

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Mar 10 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 79 571

Six Survivors

Darkrai because he's badass.

--------------------
Hella.

Click the dancing Maxwell to visit my art thread.

+Quote Post

Synchronise
post Mar 10 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #3

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

In the land of Ubers, Cresselia cannot tank well enough to beat Darkrai, who has a natural advantage over Cresselia thanks to their typing.

Hence why I vote Darkrai. Because in all honesty I love both.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Mar 10 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #4

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 388

Portal

darkrai pwns, i would have joined him in creating a world of darkness... if there was a choice to not just fight him

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

Chu Chu
post Mar 12 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #5

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 449

Active Squad

QUOTE(The Darkrai @ Mar 9 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Reasons:
It comes before Darkrai in the pokedex
It's pink
It signifies the crescent moon

Reasons:
Starts with the letter "D"
It's a Dark Type
It's not Cresselia

ok what do those have to do with anything? anyway i say cresselia cuz yea darkarai can put someone to sleep but let me remind you cresselias lunar wing can wake someone up from darkarais nightmares
+Quote Post

Ninja Of Darknes...
post Mar 12 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #6

Ninja Assasan~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 181

Dark Ninjas

I picked cresselia because it it like a pokemon who little kids would love because it is a pure good pokemon but, darkrai would scare a little child until he peed himself or smthing. If i ever saw one i real life i think i would die on the spot?

--------------------

Gnaver (Fakemon) (click to show)

Spike (Pokesona) (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Mar 12 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #7

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

Darkrai would win. Why?

Darkrai sports the type advantage, Dark is immune to Psychic.

Darkrai has an amazing movepool that can practically sweep an entire team. Cresselia's tanking abilities are completely hindered because she does not have a reliable healing move. Darkrai can use Dark Void to completely shut down a Cresselia. Even if Cresselia is running a Rest-Talk set, her HP will still take damage via Bad Dreams. Cresselia can't effectively cripple Darkrai because Darkrai can always set up a Substitute to block status. Even if Cresselia has Substitute to block sleep, she can be used as set-up fodder.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Darkrai
post Mar 12 2010, 02:57 PM
Post #8

Blaze of Gory
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 412

Original Squad

QUOTE(binderboy23 @ Mar 12 2010, 12:09 AM) *
I picked cresselia because it it like a pokemon who little kids would love because it is a pure good pokemon but, darkrai would scare a little child until he peed himself or smthing. If i ever saw one i real life i think i would die on the spot?

Well Darkrai rescued a child in a movie if I'm correct monocle.gif and if I saw one in real life, I would probably shake it's hand, and give it a list of people's names to haunt their dreams for the rest of their life.
Besides, I have a realistic lookin darkrai in my avy's somewhere, that should give you an Idea of what It looks like.

EDIT:
QUOTE(Chu Chu @ Mar 12 2010, 12:05 AM) *
QUOTE(The Darkrai @ Mar 9 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Reasons:
It comes before Darkrai in the pokedex
It's pink
It signifies the crescent moon

Reasons:
Starts with the letter "D"
It's a Dark Type
It's not Cresselia

ok what do those have to do with anything? anyway i say cresselia cuz yea darkarai can put someone to sleep but let me remind you cresselias lunar wing can wake someone up from darkarais nightmares

Those were simple reasons that might help tip someone over to one or the other side. They were also kinda funny.

This post has been edited by The Darkrai: Mar 12 2010, 03:00 PM

--------------------

I have no more words.
darkrai.gif

+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Mar 15 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #9

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Prediction of the battle between legends; Darkrai'll outrun Cresselia and instantly use Dark Void to put her to sleep. Then Darkrai would swiftly finished her off with several rounds of the ol' Dark Pulse~ It's as simple as that folks. Dark > Phsyic ftw~

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Mar 15 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #10

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

It's simple: Darkrai. Psychics aren't the NUKE option of the Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors anymore, guys. They're actually, yanno, BALANCED. Besides, Darkrai's cooler and has a better moveset. c:

--------------------
+Quote Post

Elito
post Mar 15 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #11

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

It's not Cresselia
What kind of reason is that?

Anyhow, this thread id useless, cause we all know that Dark types are immune to Psychic ones. (That's why we need Light type, so they can both be immune to each other - like Normal and Ghost types).

Anyways, I prefer Cresselia, cause it beautiful and cute, but I know Darkrai would probably win it.

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Mar 15 2010, 08:23 PM
Post #12

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Six Survivors

QUOTE(Tiamat @ Mar 15 2010, 12:03 PM) *
It's simple: Darkrai. Psychics aren't the NUKE option of the Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors anymore, guys. They're actually, yanno, BALANCED. Besides, Darkrai's cooler and has a better moveset. c:

They used to be in first gen D;

--------------------
Hella.

+Quote Post

delete this
post Mar 21 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 058

Active Squad

I choose Darkrai. Cresselia is good and all, magical pixie moonflowers and junk, but I chose Darkrai for several reasons.

#1: Darkrai has natural type advantages over Cresselia, and, thus, over Cresselia's legendary trio of Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

#2: Adding on to the logic of #1, if Darkrai were in Gen. 1, it'd be even more pwnsome. Psychic is no longer almighty. Now it's either Dragon or Steel, but Darkrai has moves capable of slowly...eating...them all.

#3: Darkrai causes people to have endless nightmares. pwnage to the ninth power. I can think of several people who I'd like to suffer this fate. I'm so evil. happy.gif

#4: Darkrai does cause nightmares, but he can't help it. It's only a matter of self-defense, and he can't control it. I feel sorry for the guy, having to take the blame for so many foul deeds, and he can't even stop himself from causing it. Generally, I like any Pokémon that either pwns or that I take pity on. Darkrai is both.

And #5: I have a (legit) lvl. 95 Darkrai in my Pokémon Platinum. It's stronger stat-and-move-wise than most of my lvl. 100s, including my lvl. 100 Jirachi (also legit). That signifies awesomeness.

The fact that it starts with D and it's not Cresselia had nothing to do with my decision, BTW.

--------------------
--
+Quote Post

Sl3ndii
post Mar 21 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #14

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 579

Active Squad

Darkrai cos it's a dark type Pokemon!! proudbow.gif

--------------------
Mon, June 23: I have lost interest in using the sites due to other websites taking my interest so I will no longer be online as of today
+Quote Post

11tjcoulombe
post Mar 22 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 855

Active Squad

A couple months ago i would have said Darkrai, but cresslia is a amazing tank

I choose Darkrai. Cresselia is good and all, magical pixie moonflowers and junk, but I chose Darkrai for several reasons.

#1: Darkrai has natural type advantages over Cresselia, and, thus, over Cresselia's legendary trio of Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

#2: Adding on to the logic of #1, if Darkrai were in Gen. 1, it'd be even more pwnsome. Psychic is no longer almighty. Now it's either Dragon or Steel, but Darkrai has moves capable of slowly...eating...them all.

#3: Darkrai causes people to have endless nightmares. pwnage to the ninth power. I can think of several people who I'd like to suffer this fate. I'm so evil. happy.gif
so don't gengar and hypno

#4: Darkrai does cause nightmares, but he can't help it. It's only a matter of self-defense, and he can't control it. I feel sorry for the guy, having to take the blame for so many foul deeds, and he can't even stop himself from causing it. Generally, I like any Pokémon that either pwns or that I take pity on. Darkrai is both.

And #5: I have a (legit) lvl. 95 Darkrai in my Pokémon Platinum. It's stronger stat-and-move-wise than most of my lvl. 100s, including my lvl. 100 Jirachi (also legit). That signifies awesomeness.
no it doesnt, it just means it has higher base stats
The fact that it starts with D and it's not Cresselia had nothing to do with my decision, BTW.

This post has been edited by 11tjcoulombe: Mar 22 2010, 07:50 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Mar 22 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Unholy Shadow @ Mar 15 2010, 09:23 PM) *

THAT'S WHY I SAID ANYMORE, LOL. God, I loved taking Mewtwo to crush the leet four on his lonesome for the lolz. With Pikachu, of course. Had to have Pika.

ALSO Gengar likes to scare you while you're awake; Hypno goes OMNOMNOM on your dreams and likes happy dreams better than nightmares. Nightmares taste bad, you see.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Mar 23 2010, 03:50 AM
Post #17

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Six Survivors

QUOTE(Tiamat @ Mar 22 2010, 08:02 PM) *

THAT'S WHY I SAID ANYMORE, LOL. God, I loved taking Mewtwo to crush the leet four on his lonesome for the lolz. With Pikachu, of course. Had to have Pika.

ALSO Gengar likes to scare you while you're awake; Hypno goes OMNOMNOM on your dreams and likes happy dreams better than nightmares. Nightmares taste bad, you see.

That made Sabrina ridiculously hard, since she had all Psychic XD She was much easier in FireRed since Darks were around.
Also, Hypno goes OMNOMNOMNOM on your dreams then takes your children.

--------------------
Hella.

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Mar 23 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #18

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

This is difficult as I feel about the same level of these two pokemon.
I guess I choose darkrai.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Mar 23 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Unholy Shadow @ Mar 23 2010, 04:50 AM) *

That made Sabrina ridiculously hard, since she had all Psychic XD She was much easier in FireRed since Darks were around.

Sabrina was the gym that forced me to drop my Butterfree. >C GOD SO MUCH HATE FOR THAT GYM.

Oh, right! I forgot that Hypno was the pedomon along with Drifloon. bucktooth.gif *DUUURRRRRR*

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Mar 25 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #20

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Six Survivors

QUOTE(Tiamat @ Mar 23 2010, 01:05 PM) *
QUOTE(Unholy Shadow @ Mar 23 2010, 04:50 AM) *

Sabrina was the gym that forced me to drop my Butterfree. >C GOD SO MUCH HATE FOR THAT GYM.

Oh, right! I forgot that Hypno was the pedomon along with Drifloon. bucktooth.gif *DUUURRRRRR*

Someone had a poem about it that you sang to the tune of "Mockingbird"... it was well creepy.

--------------------
Hella.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 04:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.