Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Scolipede battle in Meloetta exploration might be bugged.
Kelleo
post Dec 30 2016, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 40 898

Favorite Pokemon

I'm thinking it's bugged because like 99% of their attacks are critical hits which isn't really fair when those critical hits often OHKO your Pokemon despite being near lv. 50 and your own Pokemon almost never get critical hits.

They can't be holding items or anything, that's for the VS Seeker and this battle is in the Battle Tower. And I'm using high-IV super-effective Pokemon, two of which are single type. Whose super-effective attacks, by the way, don't really do much more damage which I also find weird. All three Pokemon I've been using have more than 120 IVs. I was told this was the recommended IV count awhile back.

And if this actually isn't a bug...what else can I do? I don't think I have time to hatch and level up new Pokemon. This is a special monthly exploration, and you only get two weeks after the month is over to finish it. And of course, December is about over. Even if I use the Pokewalker, it still takes a long time to hatch high-IV Pokemon since it's all chance. And I need three Pokemon, and only one can be in the walker at a time.

I don't really like battling on this site, as I think it's far too difficult for people like me who don't care much about competitive battling, but I get that it naturally has to be part of explorations. I know not everyone here shares this opinion, but I'm sorry, it's what I think.

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Dec 30 2016, 12:47 PM

--------------------

My art thread. Click on my eggs and Pokemon and I may click yours too. ^^
And don't forget, Keldeo is the most adorable pony Pokemon ever. cat.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 30 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #2

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Dec 30 2016, 05:46 PM) *
I'm thinking it's bugged because like 99% of their attacks are critical hits which isn't really fair when those critical hits often OHKO your Pokemon despite being near lv. 50 and your own Pokemon almost never get critical hits.

It's certainly possible that it's a bug, but more likely you're just unlucky. All attacks have an equal chance to crit, you're just as likely to win a battle through some lucky criticals as lose it. But of course you're gonna remember that time a crit knocked out your last Pokémon, not the couple you got back at the start of it.
QUOTE(Kelleo @ Dec 30 2016, 05:46 PM) *
They can't be holding items or anything, that's for the VS Seeker and this battle is in the Battle Tower. And I'm using high-IV super-effective Pokemon, two of which are single type. Whose super-effective attacks, by the way, don't really do much more damage which I also find weird. All three Pokemon I've been using have more than 120 IVs. I was told this was the recommended IV count awhile back.

If you really were training for competitive battling, you would really want Pokémon with 140, 150, 160+ IVs, as well as good Natures. For what it's worth, though, I've never had a competitively-trained team in the Tower (I don't even know what IVs my team has) and I've never had to retry a battle more than five or six times, even in Death of the World. If you keep at it, you should be able to beat it eventually - Exploration battles aren't nearly as hard as the other NPCs, most of them.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Dec 30 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #3

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

I've done this battle about a dozen times though, and in each one, a good portion of the Scolipede's attacks are critical while I only remember seeing a critical come from my Pokemon once.

I've still lost every time mainly because of these critical hits.

I do agree that exploration battles aren't as hard as other NPC ones though.

EDIT: I just tried the battle another half dozen times and every single one of them had at least one Scolipede critical one of my Pokemon. Also, the Scolipede outspeed your Pokemon regardless of who you use. A really fast Pokemon like Infernape doesn't outspeed it. That makes no sense.

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Dec 30 2016, 01:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 30 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #4

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Dec 30 2016, 06:12 PM) *
Also, the Scolipede outspeed your Pokemon regardless of who you use. A really fast Pokemon like Infernape doesn't outspeed it. That makes no sense.

Scolipede has base 141 speed, which is actually one of the faster ones out there and 20 more than Infernape. If it has any IVs, I'd be willing to bet it has 31 in Speed, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Dec 30 2016, 01:39 PM
Post #5

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

Then what the hell outspeeds it that's super effective and not dual-typed? (because for some reason, GPX doesn't like dual-typed Pokemon and makes them bad in battle because their moves are much weaker)

--------------------

+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 30 2016, 01:40 PM
Post #6

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

If you have trouble against Scolipede, use pokémon with these types: Poison, Ghost, and Steel.
Since Scolipede can only use Bug and Poison type attacks, anything with two of these types, like Gengar, or Honedge will only take 1/4 damage from it. But you should be able to manage even with halved damage. Especially if your pokémon has a second type that deals double damage to it.

ed.: you shouldn't be too fixated on single types...

This post has been edited by DraconicDM: Dec 30 2016, 01:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Dec 30 2016, 01:41 PM
Post #7

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 30 2016, 02:40 PM) *
If you have trouble against Scolipede, use pokémon with these types: Poison, Ghost, and Steel.
Since Scolipede can only use Bug and Poison type attacks, anything with two of these types, like Gengar, or Honedge will only take 1/4 damage from it. But you should be able to manage even with halved damage. Especially if your pokémon has a second type that deals double damage to it.

Are you nuts? That's a horrible idea, because moves of those types are either not super-effective or not very effective at all. And with how much these Scolipede critical you, you have to do as much damage as possible.

EDIT: Single types are much better for battles because their moves are stronger. I was even told this by people here a long time ago. One person even said never to use dual types because they're so weak. And they're right. I just occasionally have no choice. They've still cost me a lot of losses, though.

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Dec 30 2016, 01:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 30 2016, 01:55 PM
Post #8

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Dec 30 2016, 07:41 PM) *

Are you nuts? That's a horrible idea, because moves of those types are either not super-effective or not very effective at all. And with how much these Scolipede critical you, you have to do as much damage as possible.

EDIT: Single types are much better for battles because their moves are stronger. I was even told this by people here a long time ago. One person even said never to use dual types because they're so weak. And they're right.

Never paid any attention to that, and I managed just fine. Maybe if you want to battle against other players, it matters. But we are talking about an exploration here.

Ghost and Steel both deal normal damage to Scolipede. Poison is the only one of the 3 that deals half damage.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Dec 30 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #9

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

I decided to switch to a Bronzong I have that had decent enough IVs (not over 120, but it was over 110) since it's Steel and Psychic, the latter of which is good against poison. I finally won, but it was still by a hair thanks to yet again, critical hits. This is definitely a bug. I've gone like 20 battles with each one having at least one Scolipede critical me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Dec 30 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #10

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Dec 30 2016, 01:41 PM) *

EDIT: Single types are much better for battles because their moves are stronger. I was even told this by people here a long time ago. One person even said never to use dual types because they're so weak. And they're right. I just occasionally have no choice. They've still cost me a lot of losses, though.

Pro-tip: in the future, don't attack someone who's genuinely trying to offer you advice for using the site. I get that you're frustrated, but lashing out at other users is not cool.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Dec 30 2016, 02:16 PM
Post #11

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

...What? I didn't attack anyone. If you're talking about the "are you nuts" part, that's hardly an attack. It's not like I called him stupid or a dumbass or anything.

Also, DraconicM clearly didn't take my words as an attack.

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Dec 30 2016, 02:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Dec 31 2016, 02:26 AM
Post #12

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

As there is no bug here, I'm locking this. Next time, use something that's actually super effective or that can take hits.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:57 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.