Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dating outside of your race, Do you agree with it or disagree
SheJ
post Jul 14 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Star Wars Fan Girl
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 105 079

Mah babies

Well, since I saw no topic of debate for this. I thought I would create my own.

I am in a mixed race relationship. What I mean by that is I am of a different race than my boyfriend. I am Caucasian (White) and he is of a Latin decent (Peruvian). I have known for many years people frown upon dating outside of your race and going to date other races. I've heard both sides of this debate where people say you can not help who you fall in love with and I've also heard that it's just plain wrong.

I've gotten that white women take perfectly good men from dating women within their race. I've heard the flip-side of that where a colored skin woman takes a good white man too.

Then there's people who just don't care and think that a mixed race couple can be quite cute. I'm one of those people who finds it to be a good thing. In my mind it means you're accepting of other cultures and people in general.

So, I ask are you for or against a mixed race relationship? What are your views on the subject? Why do you feel the way you do about this topic?

--------------------

Base made by an artist on DA.

Hey guess what, your mom is a shellder.
~ my quote

End of an Empire - A Star Wars RP forum
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 14 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I think it's perfectly fine.

If you're in love, you're in love. Doesn't matter what you are. (well there ARE some exceptions, but that's means no human x human relationship >_> )

But either way... if you're in love with someone outside your race, then people should accept that. People shouldn't dictate who you can and can't love, and who is right and wrong

Also, first post ~

This post has been edited by Immersion: Jul 14 2010, 03:19 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Blackbird
post Jul 14 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 704

Active Squad

No one should be able to tell you who you can and can't love; this applies to every "different" couple, be they gay, mixed, whatever. Do whatever you want, as long as you don't hurt anyone-that's what "life, liberty, and property" is all about. It's one more reason, for me, to be atheist, because most religions are too stuck in their positions of what is "right" and what is "wrong," and punish perfectly good people who interrupt their idea of "God's plan." I find it quite ridiculous.

Also, darn you, Immersion~
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 14 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Blackbird @ Jul 14 2010, 09:20 PM) *
No one should be able to tell you who you can and can't love; this applies to every "different" couple, be they gay, mixed, whatever. Do whatever you want, as long as you don't hurt anyone-that's what "life, liberty, and property" is all about. It's one more reason, for me, to be atheist, because most religions are too stuck in their positions of what is "right" and what is "wrong," and punish perfectly good people who interrupt their idea of "God's plan." I find it quite ridiculous.

Also, darn you, Immersion~

Finally, someone who I agree with 100% o_O.gif

That's rare these days. But I'm glad you share the same view too happy.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 14 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #5

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

This sounds like such a silly topic to argue over. It's not that you did anything wrong SheJ, but because anyone against the notion will be using the same arguments that are against gay marriage, either religious, or spawned from uneducated hatred.

It's a proven, biological fact that children from interracial "relations" tend to have a better chance at surviving than children of "pure relations". It's a matter of the immunities. African Americans tend to suffer from cycle cell anemia while Caucasian tend to suffer from cystic fibrosis, yet both of those conditions hold a resistance to both malaria and typhoid fever respectively for the individual who holds the gene. Since the gene for both conditions are incompletely dominant, a child of an African American with cycle cell and a Caucasian with cystic fibrosis will have both conditions, but will only be at half the severity as someone with full blown cycle cell or cystic fibrosis. What's more is that the immunity to typhoid fever and malaria are both just as real.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Top Typhlosion
post Jul 14 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 051

Active Squad

Yeah it absolutely doesn't matter what race your boyfriend is. As long as you love him. People should just learn to accept it.

--------------------
Top Typhlosion
+Quote Post

Blackbird
post Jul 14 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 704

Active Squad

Reyo made me brain asplode with smartness
+Quote Post

Archetypal Virus
post Jul 14 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #8

READY PLAYER ONE
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 502

3 Keys, 3 Gates

We are all part of the human race; the "races" are just a human-made prejudice, in my opinion.
Therefore I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

--------------------
Formspring

Personal photo by outkaster77 of Deviantart~

+Quote Post

Top Typhlosion
post Jul 14 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I have to congratulate Agent Arcanine, I absolutely agree.

It doesn't matter what race and any other difference.

Reyo, what you said is also true, but that doesn't mean you can't marry people of your same race. (not accusing you)

--------------------
Top Typhlosion
+Quote Post

SheJ
post Jul 14 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #10

Star Wars Fan Girl
Group Icon

Mah babies

Reyo you made my brain asplode with that knowledge. I'm glad to see such open minded members on this topic so far. From personal experiences I've had many a person frown upon it. They've always said you should date and marry within your race and if you don't then you should do nothing at all. Part of me wonders where such a notion could stem from. Especially in the world we live in today.

--------------------

~ my quote

+Quote Post

Top Typhlosion
post Jul 14 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

i'm guessing their is that kind of prejiduce because of different customs and religious problems that come from marrying people who are a different race, but usually a lot of people can overcome these problems, the predijuce just stops them. (i'm bad at spelling)

--------------------
Top Typhlosion
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 14 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #12

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Top Typhlosion @ Jul 14 2010, 05:04 PM) *
Reyo, what you said is also true, but that doesn't mean you can't marry people of your same race. (not accusing you)

Yeah I know, I just wanted that info out there before anything ignorant was said on the subject.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Top Typhlosion
post Jul 14 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah, i would call this issue resolved, but it's up to SheJ

--------------------
Top Typhlosion
+Quote Post

Dreexpuppy
post Jul 14 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 672

Active Squad

I support dating outside of race. grin.gif I think age or race shouldn't matter because its love.

--------------------

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
+Quote Post

Top Typhlosion
post Jul 14 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Wow , I'm glad I came to this forum, so many people where i live oppose this

--------------------
Top Typhlosion
+Quote Post

SheJ
post Jul 14 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #16

Star Wars Fan Girl
Group Icon

Mah babies

Well, I'd like to leave the topic open for discussion, mostly because I'm sure there's people out there who have opposing views. I would like to see why they have those views and such.

--------------------

~ my quote

+Quote Post

Top Typhlosion
post Jul 14 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah you're right.

--------------------
Top Typhlosion
+Quote Post

Runi
post Jul 14 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #18

And take me away, make it okay; I swear I'll behave .
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 900

Just s t a y close

I have no issue with dating outside of your race; superficial things such as appearance, race and gender should not stop someone from loving another. They do not inhibit one's ability to care genuinely for a human being, nor should it be wrong by any moral standards. If we have freedom of speech, why not freedom to love?

And children produced by mixed parents should never be targeted simply because of their heritage. Being a mixed baby does not make you a freak or any less of a human being [ Agent Arcanine already brought up the fact that we're all technically part of the same race in the first place, i believe. ]

Besides; most mixed babies/children [ or, at least, the ones that i know ] tend to get the best genetics from both parents. One guy is Chinese and British and is an official heartthrob; the other is Korean and Polish and is pretty damn good looking, if i may say so |D

Though i would like to at least try to date out of my race [ i'm Asian ]; my parents are...against it. It's not that they discriminate against mixed couples or children; it's just that they want their children to date within their own race. They constantly hint at the fact that they would like me to date someone the same race as me, not to mention he should speak the same language. When you're considering all the Asian [ or rather, oriental ] languages there are, you can tell that they want me to pick out of a certain group.

I have a few friends who have the same thing going on too where i live; if they're a Russian family, they want their child's significant other to be Russian too. A Persian should date a Persian, Caucasians should be with another Caucasian, etc. Even when you get to the Oriental kids, Koreans should date Koreans, Chinese should be with Chinese...

But it's all should. It's not 'you must date this race'; they would prefer if you dated within your race. Though it may appear open minded, truthfully, it can be kind of intimidating. It's almost as if, in this dating environment, that if you're not dating within your race then you're letting your parents and the rest of your race down s:

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!
Thanks also to Doctor Octopus for the punny bar >w<

+Quote Post

Oisterboy
post Jul 15 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 515

Active Squad

Personally, I wouldn't 80% of the time.

No, I'm not racist...I just don't find other races attractive most of the time. There are exceptions to every rule, but most of the time I'm only after the white wimminz.

--------------------

Thanks so much to anyone who clicks.
I can't promise I'll click you back, but I'll certainly do my best to try!
+Quote Post

Excel Saga
post Jul 16 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 105 608

Active

It's actually bad for humanity for different races to mix. It narrows the gene pool because all the dominant genes from each "race" just crush the recessive ones. Less gene variation means we're less adaptable.

People won't listen though. Most of the time if I say something like that I just get called a racist.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:13 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.