Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
What's your favorite Starter? :D, [we have a least favorite topic, so this is only expected]
AregularFrankief...
post Nov 28 2019, 04:55 PM
Post #1

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Might as well go by Generations here for my own response!

Gen 1: Tie between Bulbasaur/Squirtle I guess. Oversaturation of Kanto starters in X/Y kind of bogged me down, but I loved using Blastoise and Venusaur in tandem in LeafGreen way back when.

Gen 2: Totodile, hands-down. Although, I've rotated through all three in playthroughs before.

Gen 3: Torchic, if only because Blaziken was the strongest member of my team in Emerald and even though I was a kid who had little idea of what he was doing I had a lot of fun with that game. I used a Blaziken in my first runthrough of AS in homage to my Emerald team [which in the end was composed of Blaziken, Bellossom, and Wailord haha].

Gen 4: Piplup! Unfortunately I sold my childhood Diamond cartridge last year or so because it was buggy as hell and wouldn't let me transfer my Pokemon off of it anymore + I was almost homeless at that time and was seriously strapped for cash, and also didn't want to sell my SoulSilver version.

Gen 5: Oshawott. happy.gif So far, this is my only surviving starter from older games besides Blaziken [wasn't able to get around to cracking open my 3DS and attempting to reconnect it to WiFi for around a year and a half, ergo my Bank subscription expired], and he's now sitting comfortably in a PC box in my X cartridge.

Gen 6: Fennekin! Used this in X and got pretty attached to the resulting Delphox.

Gen 7 [oh gosh, I forgot Gen 7 even existed for a hot minute]: I guess Litten, since A) it's a cute little cat and B) it's the only starter from this Gen I've ever actually used in-game. Honestly, I didn't care for Alola as a region and never bothered to finish Moon. Although, I did reach the last Trial Captain.

Gen 8: My opinion here is based off design alone, seeing as how it's unlikely I'll ever play a Switch Pokemon title due to not being able to justify the cost of a $200 system, $40-60 games, and tax. I like Sobble's final evolution in that respect. Also, on a not-really-related note I appreciate the fact that Cinderace apparently isn't yet another Fire/Fighting. Overall I don't have too much to say about these starters.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
NymNym
post Jan 22 2020, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 48 757

Role Play Pokemon

Gen 1: Bulbasaur
Gen 2: Totodile
Gen 3: Mudkip
Gen 4: Piplup? I'm not a fan of any of the three tbh
Gen 5: Snivy
Gen 6: Fennekin if I have to pick -- I'm not a fan of all three
Gen 7: Litten
Gen 8: Scorbunny

--------------------

Please click my eggs! If you do, I'll click yours~

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:17 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.