Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Shiny Shards
Dane Isaac Summe...
post Nov 3 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 20 054

Dream Party

Okay, so I am a bit confused. I hatched a Shiny Female Combee earlier today and got an insect shard from it, but when I also hatched a Shiny Scatterbug today, I got nothing from it. I thought the limit was like 3, not 2 per day so why didn't I get a shard for my Scatterbug? This bothers me since I'm collecting shards for the Arceus quests obviously. I only have 3 Insect shards total so I'm not at the max yet either.

Here is the Combee I got today.

http://gpx.plus/info/JRRaY

And here is the Scatterbug I got today too.

http://gpx.plus/info/INbaY

I want to add that these are, for sure, the only two I got today.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

D E A N
post Nov 4 2015, 12:31 AM
Post #2

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 972

sand everywhere

You can only get one Shard per day by hatching shinies. This limit doesn't include shards got from PokéHunt for example.

--------------------

Newest shinies~
Formerly know as tiika and Marshal Tilka.
Feel free to call me just Dean (:

shiny hunt relevant (click to show)
groups and credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dane Isaac Summe...
post Nov 4 2015, 01:21 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Dream Party

QUOTE(D E A N @ Nov 4 2015, 12:31 AM) *

You can only get one Shard per day by hatching shinies. This limit doesn't include shards got from PokéHunt for example.

Ah, is there anywhere I can read the rules on that? Thanks for letting me know, though. I was confused since I'd gotten 2 in one day before from my Flabebebe eggs so I had no idea. Kinda annoying...I barely get shinies let alone one each day so it'll take me forever to get all the plates...On the bright side, it gives me something to do/a reason to continue on the site.

--------------------
+Quote Post

D E A N
post Nov 4 2015, 02:00 AM
Post #4

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Group Icon

sand everywhere

The info can be found in the help page under Arceus and Shards. Here is the quote. It's possible that
the two shinies Flabebe were hatched in the same day in YOUR timezone, but the limit is talking about
server time aka from site reset to site reset.

It shows to me that the shinies were hatched on the 3rd and 4th, but in server time both were hatched on the 3rd.

How do I collect Shards?

When you hatch a Shiny Pokémon egg, you will be rewarded with a Shard matching that Pokémon's primary type. If your Pokémon's primary type is "Normal" then the Shard will match its secondary type - if it has one - or no Shard at all if it's solely Normal-type, as there is no Normal Plate. Dual-type Pokémon will always follow the primary-unless-Normal-type rule as well.

For example, if you hatch a Shiny Caterpie, you will receive an Insect Shard; if you hatch a Shiny Pidgey, you will receive a Sky Shard. If you already have 5 Insect Shards, you will receive nothing upon hatching a Bug-type (even if it has a secondary type).

You may only receive 1 Shard per day (from Site Reset to Site Reset) with this method.

--------------------

Newest shinies~

+Quote Post

Dane Isaac Summe...
post Nov 4 2015, 02:59 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Dream Party

QUOTE(D E A N @ Nov 4 2015, 02:00 AM) *

The info can be found in the help page under Arceus and Shards. Here is the quote. It's possible that
the two shinies Flabebe were hatched in the same day in YOUR timezone, but the limit is talking about
server time aka from site reset to site reset.

It shows to me that the shinies were hatched on the 3rd and 4th, but in server time both were hatched on the 3rd.

How do I collect Shards?

When you hatch a Shiny Pokémon egg, you will be rewarded with a Shard matching that Pokémon's primary type. If your Pokémon's primary type is "Normal" then the Shard will match its secondary type - if it has one - or no Shard at all if it's solely Normal-type, as there is no Normal Plate. Dual-type Pokémon will always follow the primary-unless-Normal-type rule as well.

For example, if you hatch a Shiny Caterpie, you will receive an Insect Shard; if you hatch a Shiny Pidgey, you will receive a Sky Shard. If you already have 5 Insect Shards, you will receive nothing upon hatching a Bug-type (even if it has a secondary type).

You may only receive 1 Shard per day (from Site Reset to Site Reset) with this method.

My time zone is the same as the server time, I live 2 states over from the server state so it cannot be a server thing. They were both hatched on May 31st

One on;
—May. 31st '15 at 3:43 PM

The other on;
—May. 31st '15 at 9:13 AM

Same day. Long before the server reset, but then again, this was during the site-wide shiny hunt so it was probably because of that. This was the only reason I was confused.

--------------------
+Quote Post

D E A N
post Nov 4 2015, 04:22 AM
Post #6

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Group Icon

sand everywhere

You're talking about the Blue and Red Flabebe, right? I switched my time zone to match the server's time and here is the hatching times:

—May. 30th '15 at 10:35 PM [Blue]
—May. 31st '15 at 11:57 AM [Red]

So yes those were hatched on different days. Your Orange and Yellow Flabebe have been hatched on the same day (server time) and you only got shard from the first [Orange].

edit oh and the times you posted are when you levelled them to 100, not when you hatched them.

This post has been edited by D E A N: Nov 4 2015, 04:24 AM

--------------------

Newest shinies~

+Quote Post

Dane Isaac Summe...
post Nov 4 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Dream Party

QUOTE(D E A N @ Nov 4 2015, 04:22 AM) *

You're talking about the Blue and Red Flabebe, right? I switched my time zone to match the server's time and here is the hatching times:

—May. 30th '15 at 10:35 PM [Blue]
—May. 31st '15 at 11:57 AM [Red]

So yes those were hatched on different days. Your Orange and Yellow Flabebe have been hatched on the same day (server time) and you only got shard from the first [Orange].

edit oh and the times you posted are when you levelled them to 100, not when you hatched them.

Ah...you're right. Hmm, I could have sworn I hatched 2 on the same day, but I guess I didn't. Thanks for the info.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:38 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.