Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
So, guys. Gen 5.
Renault
post Jan 29 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 62 398

Current Pt Team

As of three hours ago it's been officially announced in progress.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5459349/entirely-new-pok...oming-this-year

Original Website: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

So, any hopes for what they're going to add? What they're going to take out? So on?

Personally I like Apricorns. dry.gif Always have. Not sure why.

Enhanced Wifi rooms would always be good too, more stuff that you can do with random people. Maybe a feature like Battle Revolution. Except not crappy. : /
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 29 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

I caught all the pokemon! Yay!

*Nintendo announces 5th gen*

But...I caught them all... sad.gif

Anywho, considering it's going to release in Japan this year, I don't expect much. Unless the new pokemon are friggin' soectacular, I'll likely pass.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 29 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

i know this would NEVER happen, but if it did. I'd like a game that you actually move the Character in 3D, and there pokémon just aimlessly walking around in the forest or whatever. And you have to capture it and stuff by making the pokémon angry by, idk... throwing a rock at it maybe? And you battle it. Yet you control the pokémon, and you're in an enclosed area, like in Spore:Hero. And you move around, attacking and dodging and stuff. Then when the target pokémon gets to a certain health ( regarding you don't faint it ) you have the option to try and catch it.

And so on and so forth.

It's unlikely this'd happen, but i'd like it to grin.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

angelsavoir
post Jan 29 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 969

Active Squad

I just read about it on ign!! Im pretty excited. Do you think It could be on a new handheld console. Like the DS 2 or something like that?

http://ds.ign.com/articles/106/1065010p1.html

--------------------

I will try my best to click back:)

My shines

+Quote Post

Seah
post Jan 29 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #5

Your average gal
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 578

Soulsilver!

It would be cool if it was happy.gif I think it might be on the DSi, though.

These Pokemon games have been coming fast. Last year release of Platinum, PMD 2, and now HG/SS... Things are moving fast oh.gif

--------------------

Not much to say... but much to do.

A click a day keeps the doctor away!

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jan 29 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #6

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(2gamers @ Jan 29 2010, 02:31 PM) *
I caught all the pokemon! Yay!

*Nintendo announces 5th gen*

But...I caught them all... sad.gif

Anywho, considering it's going to release in Japan this year, I don't expect much. Unless the new pokemon are friggin' soectacular, I'll likely pass.

I stopped caring about "catching them all" when Ruby and Sapphire came out. Sure, you can get all 300-400+ pokemon in THIS game but they're just gonna come out with a new game LATER with the same "you can have all of the pokemon" feature, but guess what...you can't trade your pokemans from game A over to game B!!

That's what pissed me off the most about Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald...you couldn't recieve pokemon from Gold, Silver, or Crystal.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Lambdaphi
post Jan 29 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #7

Double Joe Seven
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 414

Yayz

I found out this morning. It made my day. smugnod.gif

Personally, I like the way the games are now. If it changed to 3D, it wouldn't feel right. Plus, where would the sprites and battle scenes?

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rocky Raccoon
post Jan 29 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 284

My Team

This is shocking. I doubt Nintendo will release the games this year, but they might have been working on it secretly for a while.

Do you think Eevee is going to have any new evolutions? I was thinking ground and poison, but I don't know.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Keith
post Jan 29 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 198

Team Gracidea

5th gen is nice but it'll lack shaymin. Therefore it is inferior.

--------------------
My Pokemon:

Friend's Pokemon:
+Quote Post

Dismal
post Jan 29 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #10

Communism sucks.
Group Icon

Member No.: 59 928

Favorites

Oh really? Geez...MONAHH MONAHH MONAHHHH!

Money. Only reason they keep going.

Nonetheless, I'm slightly excited. ._.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mizutsune
post Jan 30 2010, 02:22 AM
Post #11

Designed to Burn
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 026

My Standard Team

I'm curious about the "new gameplay concepts" that were mentioned on the IGN site.

As for the Generation, it was to be expected. There were tons of people running around, saying they weren't going to make a fifth Gen because they'd made the God of all Pokemon in D/P/Pt, but what I say to that is, you can't really go anywhere after taking Mario's fight into Space now, can you? But they're still making Mario games. *shrugs*
If they can do it with one of their popular franchises, I'm pretty sure there's room for another; especially with Nintendo. Like Bwazzam said, they like the money and Pokemon is one of those franchises that rakes it in, freighter-load.

Anyway, I'm expecting more evolutions of past Pokemon; primarily Pachirisu, what I've been calling 'Raichirisu' almost ever since I first saw Pachirisu. (then heard Dawn got one in the Anime-- surprise evolution will commence!) More Eeveelutions will probably come, and I get the feeling a Ground-type will be one of the next, with my optimism saying they'll make a Normal-type Eeveelution alongside it. *hopes for the Normal-type Eeveelution* Beyond those types though, I don't really think any of the other types would make much sense and would need to be done REALLY well to make sense. Just Ground- and Normal-type, please~

Legendaries... I have no idea. There's an extreme mass of Legendary Pokemon as it is, and though there are probably many routes they haven't taken yet, none come to mind. I'll just observe until they release information.

Likewise with features... they'll probably bring something in to replace the Poketch and PokeGear, (as of Gen II remakes) hopefully surpassing them in the process. Though surpassing the PokeGear will be difficult; its my favourite piece of equipment in the Pokemon games. 'Shame its Generation II-Exclusive, eh? lol

But yeah. Overall, I think I'll wait and see what comes of Generation V in the coming months; it probably won't be released in Japan until what... end of September, early October time? Meaning we won't see it until 2011, anyway. Unless we import the Japanese version. *shrugs* Looking forward to it, regardless.
Still getting HeartGold, though. *cough*

--------------------

Shiny Collection (in order of acquisition) (click to show)

Acquired Winter Vulpix Egg! Thank you, Ratt. <3
FINALLY got a Shiny Poochyena!
+Quote Post

Lizerus
post Jan 31 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #12

Face puncher
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 599

Exploding knees

Another generation? In other words, Zubats and Geodudes in every cave? More dreadful eevee evolutions taking up space in the pokedex? Yessir, here comes 5th gen, choo choo!

--------------------

I claim gardevoir.gif

+Quote Post

King Doopliss
post Jan 31 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 229

Team Dragon

I don't know what to say.

First off, i think it might be soon for a new gen. But i know i still end up buying it. I just hope they give us at least two whole regions to explore, even if the second area is just one of the old areas. I just hope they look to Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver for ideas as to how to improve the series. As those games have some of the best features in the series.

Also, I hope gen has new lots of "New lines" of pokemon. Not just a bunch of new evolutions and legendaries.

--------------------

Please Warm my eggs and feed my pokemon and I'll try to click back
My party likes to change often, click here for my user page and up to date party

+Quote Post

Renault
post Feb 1 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 398

Current Pt Team

On the platform issue, I doubt it'll be on the DSi, simply because then a lot of people would have to buy a DSi, Nintendo wouldn't make nearly as much money on the game because people aren't willing to buy a system just for one game (usually), and there's really no difference between the two systems other than one letter and a few hardware tweaks. : /

Anyway, that aside, I want to see something different. Something fresh. I don't mean completely change the game around and make it action or something - that'd make a great spinoff though, like Pokemon Rumble done as a full game - But I want something different. Not just the same "Eight badges Elite Four evil team ohtehnoes" They've got the gameplay down pat. They don't NEED to improve it. They need to work on the storyline some more; honestly, a game with the option to go through two different paths would be amazing. Or even better, more of an open-ended story where you could make decisions and have them actually affect who the final boss would be. God, the replay value would be through the roof.

But, then again I'm thinking in more hardcore terms here, from someone who's played it since first gen. And Nintendo's trying to appeal to new consumers and kids. Sooooo a Pokemon game with any sort of DEPTH is probably never going to happen.

.... Basically I want something like Colosseum/XD that plays more like a normal Pokemon game. With choices. dry.gif
+Quote Post

Imakuni
post Feb 1 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #15

And that's just awful.
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 781

Party

DON'T DO THIS, NINTENDO! I'm not ready. ;__; I had kinda hoped they'd stop after Platinum. That said, I'll probably get the new games anyhow (but if they did something new-- like, um, "depth", I guess?-- to the games, it just wouldn't be Pokemon for me anymore. orz /nostalgic values whoop whoop). Wonder if they're taking on the Holon region from the TCG, as it's... available to use. They'll probably bring back Secret Bases and contests, since people baw'ing everywhere about the lack in HGSS.

...does this mean that RSE's not getting a redo? I can just see certain GSC fans rejoicing, hurr.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Koritsi
post Feb 1 2010, 02:24 AM
Post #16

The Blonde Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 691

HeartGold

What the fuck happened to the two year gap and a new generation on a new console?

oh well, I just hope that it'll be better than DP.. although I don't think it'll change much from HGSS.. call me crazy but I'm still not convinced of this until I read it on a reliable site.. although, all the evidence points out to be so -_-.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shadow Mastr
post Feb 1 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 511

Active Squad

Here's an idea for nintendo, a LIVE ACTION GAME!!! I'm starting to get tired of turn-by-turn.
Spoiler (click to showhide)

--------------------
...what? Bad sig? Yah, yah, I'm working on it.
+Quote Post

Redtha
post Feb 1 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #18

http://redtha.tumblr.com/
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 032

Active Squad

Only thing I really want is baby Kangaskhan. Other than that, I don't care what the new Pokemon are, I'll still play.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Feb 1 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #19

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

QUOTE(Lizerus @ Jan 31 2010, 03:34 PM) *
Another generation? In other words, Zubats and Geodudes in every cave? More dreadful eevee evolutions taking up space in the pokedex? Yessir, here comes 5th gen, choo choo!

This.

I don't exactly mind new Eevees (I do understand the point that they eat up dex space, though), but I would really love some new swarmers. I absolutely hate loathe it when they use the majority of the old pokemon as filler for the new Pokedex. In this generation, I don't want to see Geodude, Pikachu, Machop, Marill, Zubat (even though I love Crobat as my flyer), and Tentacool until I obtain the national Dex, and even then I don't want to see them that often.

I want new type matchups, too. Fire/Electric? Grass/Steel? Steel/Dark, maybe? Switch it up, please.

I'd rather there not be so many broken bridges in the game. I'm tired of having three slots of my party taken up by HM slaves, leading to my butt getting handed to me in tight situations because I'm only allowed to have two or three helpful pokemon with me at a time. Also, it's simply annoying. Think Fight area/Survival area, where you can't take two steps without needing a different move each time.

I also agree with King Doopliss about truly new Pokemon, and not a ton of evos and prevos. The only way I'd accept an evolution at this point would be if it was a gender branching evolution of a pokemon that might have really needed it. No more "cute electric rodents", either. I'm tired of Pikachu clones.

On a positive note, I still kind of want some type of dynamic where your Pokemon get a power boost in double battles if they're friends with each other. I don't know. I thought it would be cute. cat.gif

Other than that, maybe more than two choices for the main character, or the option to buy a few new outfits/change outfit color.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reddu
post Feb 1 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #20

Quite.
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 47 300

-

Oh sheesh.
I already have a negative feeling about this fifth generation. Maybe I am just feeling negative today, or will it be THAT bad? Well, I kinda had the same feeling to Sinnoh, but I quickly got used to the pokemon after playing Pearl.
But... yeah. Whatever. I don't know how to feel about this.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 02:54 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.