Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EV training in Colloseum?
Punishment Divin...
post Aug 29 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #1

IZNT MAI TEEM GUD GAIZ?!
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 95

Active Squad

I don't even know if it would be possible in this game but I just thought it would be kinda funny if you could. Anyone know if enemies actually give out EV points in this game or XD even?

--------------------

Porygon-Z ish mine
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Aug 29 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #2

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

Yes, I'm pretty sure they give EVs. Though they wouldn't be the best games to EV train in I'd imagine.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Sep 8 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #3

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

XD is actually the best game to EV train in for the advanced generation. Credits to my friend for compiling the following info a year ago(and for anyone that goes to my homeboard, yes this is on the site);

CODE
After Phenac means you need to have driven Cipher out of Phenac City, but before beating Greevil. The trainers in Pyrite Town can be rechallenged by going in and out any building. In other locations you may need to exit to the map screen and come back.

After Greevil, surprisingly enough, means after beating Greevil, at which point the Pokémon will be at level 50.

If the trainer has a Shadow Pokémon, it is assumed that it has already been snagged and the trainer has their replacement Pokémon.

The Macho Brace is available after beating the first 10 trainers in Mt. Battle so you can double the EVs gained for one Pokémon. It is possible to save time by EV training up to three Pokémon at once, two at the front of the party and one holding the Exp. Share. The special instructions for certain locations assumes that the Pokémon to be trained is not holding the Exp. Share.

HIT POINTS

Mt. Battle Area 1, first trainer - 1 HP EV and 1 Speed EV

Mt. Battle Area 1, first trainer - 1 HP EV, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Wingull on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

Cipher Peon Browsix, Cipher Lab, before Phenac - 2 HP EVs

Cipher Peon Browsix, Cipher Lab, after Phenac - 2 HP EVs and 2 Speed EVs

Cipher Peon Browsix, Cipher Lab, after Phenac - 2 HP EVs, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Vigoroth on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

Cipher Peon Browsix, Cipher Lab, after Greevil - 5 HP EVs

Hunter Raling, Pyrite, before Phenac - 2 HP EVs and 2 Speed EVs

Hunter Raling, Pyrite, after Phenac - 3 HP EVs and 3 Speed EVs

Hunter Raling, Pyrite, after Greevil - 4 HP EVs and 3 Speed EVs

ATTACK

Bodybuilder Doby, Pyrite - 1 Attack EV and 1 Sp. Def EV

Bodybuilder Doby, Pyrite - 1 Attack EV, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Tentacool on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

Bodybuilder Doby, Pyrite, after Greevil - 3 Attack EVs, 2 Sp. Def EVs

Bodybuilder Doby, Pyrite, after Greevil - 3 Attack EVs, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Tentacruel on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

Chaser Labet, Pyrite - 2 Attack EVs, 1 Speed EV and 1 Defense EV

Chaser Labet, Pyrite - 2 Attack EVs, switch out the Pokémon to be EV trained on the first turn.

DEFENSE

Mt. Battle Area 4, first trainer - 1 Defense EV, 1 Sp. Def EV

Mt. Battle Area 4, first trainer - 1 Defense EV, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Tentacool on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

Mt. Battle Area 5, first trainer (level 42 Pokémon) - 2 Defense EVs, 2 Sp. Def EVs

Mt. Battle Area 5, first trainer (level 42 Pokémon) - 2 Defense EVs, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Lombre on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

SPECIAL ATTACK

Cipher Peon Resix, Cipher Lab, before/after Phenac - 2 Sp. Atk EVs

Rider Dert, Pyrite, before Phenac - 3 Sp. Atk EVs

Rider Dert, Pyrite, after Phenac - 4 Sp. Atk EVs (don't use this trainer after Greevil)

Worker Dobit, Pyrite, after Greevil - 3 Sp. Atk EVs, 2 Sp. Def EVs

Worker Dobit, Pyrite, after Greevil - 3 Sp. Atk EVs, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Grumpig on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

SPECIAL DEFENSE

Mt. Battle Area 4, first trainer - 1 Sp. Def EV, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Rhyhorn on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

Mt. Battle Area 5, first trainer (level 42 Pokémon) - 2 Sp. Def EVs, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Graveler on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

Rider Hebon, Agate, after Phenac - 6 Sp. Def EVs and 3 Sp. Atk EVs

Rider Hebon, Agate, after Phenac - 6 Sp. Def EVs, the Pokémon to be EV trained should not be at the front of the party, KO the Beautifly on the first turn and switch in the Pokémon to be EV trained on the second turn.

SPEED

Mt. Battle Area 2, first trainer - 1 Speed EV

Mt. Battle Area 3, first trainer - 3 Speed EVs

Rider Willie, Outskirt Stand - 6 Speed EVs

Rider Willie, Outskirt Stand, after Greevil - 8 Speed EVs

In the following areas it's best to train using one or more Exp. Shares. These areas are great if you want to level up fast while EV training:

Mt. Battle Area 7 - level 57+ Pokémon

1st trainer: 5 Speed EVs
2nd trainer: 6 Speed EVs
3rd trainer: 8 Speed EVs
4th trainer: 10 Speed EVs
5th trainer: 12 Speed EVs
6th trainer: 5 Sp. Atk EVs
7th trainer: 9 Sp. Atk EVs
8th trainer: 7 Sp. Atk EVs
9th trainer: 8 Sp. Atk EVs
10th trainer: 13 Sp. Atk EVs

Mt. Battle Area 8 - level 62+ Pokémon

1st trainer: 6 Sp. Def EVs
2nd trainer: 5 Sp. Def EVs
3rd trainer: 9 Sp. Def EVs
4th trainer: 8 Sp. Def EVs
5th trainer: 13 Sp. Def EVs (inc. 2 legendaries)
6th trainer: 5 Attack EVs
7th trainer: 6 Attack EVs
8th trainer: 9 Attack EVs
9th trainer: 10 Attack EVs
10th trainer: 13 Attack EVs

Mt. Battle Area 9 - level 63+ Pokémon

1st trainer: 8 HP EVs
2nd trainer: 7 HP EVs
3rd trainer: 8 HP EVs
4th trainer: 8 HP EVs
5th trainer: 8 HP EVs
6th trainer: 6 Defense EVs
7th trainer: 9 Defense EVs
8th trainer: 7 Defense EVs
9th trainer: 9 Defense EVs
10th trainer: 12 Defense EVs

As for Colosseum, I tried to figure out a good EV training thing but no luck. I have yet to try the "Elite Four" of Colo, but I doubt that'd be any bit useful since you can't switch Pokemon midway through like you could in the other elite fours.

And for those that are still gonna check- yes, it works. I've done it before loads of times.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Sep 22 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 299

Active Squad

I think it's fine to post, as it's not passed 14 days yet.

Actually, Colloseum is an excellent place to Special Defense train. In that area with Mirror B, there are tons of trainers with Lotads and Lombre, which bestow one and two points of Special Defense respectively. Especially considering that Special Defense EVs are hard to get, Colloseum is quite a boon. I can't say anything bout' the other stats for EV training, though.

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
+Quote Post

Jason
post Sep 22 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 303

Active Squad

Hm, it seems like you could.

But it wouldn't be very useful, now would it?

Even if it's good for Sp. Def, it'd be a waste of time to trade the pokemon over.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Sep 29 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 299

Active Squad

I would have to disagree. Colloseum has a bunch of high-leveled teams, and trading Poke'mon in gives them boosted EXP. So equip them with the Macho Braces, and you can double efficiency for Special Defence training while gaining great level-ups.

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Sep 29 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #7

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

It still doesn't matter when the only thing RSE's useful for anymore is getting Tutor moves, seeing as the new EV system is a million times more effective in DP.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:01 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.