Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
September Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Shaoo
post Sep 17 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #261

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Sep 17 2017, 10:32 PM) *
I hate when there's pluses on days I don't feel like spending much time playing. It feels like I'm wasting a day.

Same here x) I puch myself to avail those bonus days because the game is so much active when they are here...

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rita Zyon
post Sep 17 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #262

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 15 453

Active Squad

Today I was out hiking so didn't use too much of the plus today, but I was quite active yesterday which helped me cat.gif. Now I am home and a bit sore from the hike, particularly my feet.

For some reason I thought I was further on that burning desire exploration than I actually am. Oops! Hopefully I will finish before next month then.

Yes, kids toys can add up to quite a bit, especially the more popular toys like lego or electronic ones.
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Sep 17 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #263

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Mikaku Onchi @ Sep 17 2017, 08:24 PM) *
So, I've been playing some games lately, namely Kirby (a lot of them because I never played Kirby), Hamtaro, Shovel Knight, still playing Pokemon sometimes, and this game called The Battle Cats Pop! (on the 3ds not the mobile game). I love the last, it's so fun.

Hamtaro... Ahhh... that name brings up so many memories.
I remember watching that show on TV and having little figures of the Hamhams
Those were the good times.

----------------------------------------
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 17 2017, 11:01 PM) *
Along with the stuff I bought for my 4 year-old cousin's upcoming birthday, my total was nearly $100. Since when did toys and children's books get so expensive?

I'm kind of thinking it might be because of toys getting more complicated and there being loads of safety guidelines they have to follow before being able to release something new onto the market.
Loads of research money goes into that.

There's probably other factors as well. By all means I'm no economics professor.
Don't take my word on this as factual evidence

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 18 2017, 06:48 AM
Post #264

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 17 2017, 10:01 PM) *
Also, got some of those Funko Mystery Mini's yesterday as an early birthday present. Cost me around $28 [and I only got 4]. Along with the stuff I bought for my 4 year-old cousin's upcoming birthday, my total was nearly $100. Since when did toys and children's books get so expensive?

Because companies are money grabbing bastards, and they know parents/relations will buy this stuff for kids. You're paying for a name, not a toy unfortunately.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Shaoo
post Sep 18 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #265

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

QUOTE(x Sam @ Sep 18 2017, 01:48 PM) *
Because companies are money grabbing bastards, and they know parents/relations will buy this stuff for kids. You're paying for a name, not a toy unfortunately.

THIS. This is so damn true. Funko is also a new fashionned brand, they avail to have the wind in its sails to propose product in a real expensive prize.

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

Ichthus
post Sep 18 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #266

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 251 132

Active Squad

Sam is absolutely right about that, I couldn't agree more, we're paying for the name.

In addition, there are "less known" brands selling a certain type of product that bigger brands also sell, generally speaking. Both of which has the same or almost the same quality and specifications, but "less known" brands are selling it cheaper.

There are times when I'm low on budget or if I am saving money, I go with cheaper ones. There are instances, though, that a cheaper version of a certain product has a poor quality, we call it an 'imitation' of the original. So you also have to look out for that, as they have the same look with the original and a cheap price, and it can be deceiving.

EDIT: GPX+ related
That youngster who always want to tell me something, he's creeping me out now, this is the fourth time he showed up to me since the SWSH started. But there was a time that I did not entertained/clicked him, and eventually he turned into a man selling an expensive slowpoke tail, which is even more creepier. Lol.

This post has been edited by Zuzu: Sep 18 2017, 10:02 AM

--------------------

Shiny Morelull Pixel Art by Zuzu
Based on Ken Sugimori's Art for Morelull

+Quote Post

Nostalgic River ...
post Sep 18 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #267

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 887

My Friends

I'm alive and trying to be more active
since im back i should work on achievements but bit lazy lol

--------------------
Here's my party, Feel free to click and I will click back~

Made by TogeticFTW
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Sep 18 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #268

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

Surprisingly got my Alolan Rattata in just 36 eggs. Haven't had SWSH luck like that in a while. My oldest and I started watching the SuMo anime. Even though I don't dig the style much, it's not so bad. She usually asks to watch either the indigo league or XYZ but I figured we'd give SuMo a shot.

QUOTE(x Sam @ Sep 18 2017, 04:48 AM) *

Yup. Same can be said about many things. My toddler was really into Thomas & Friends when she was younger and holy cow, the trains are so expensive. The smallest ones are like $10 for just a single train. She's a super grateful child though so she likes any toy we get for her whether it's some top name or not.

Cheris if you don't mind. Forgot I was even doing this explo.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Sep 18 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #269

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

I think a lot of it also has to do with more companies deliberately designing and marketing toys to appeal to both kids and collectors. Like when I was a kid, Beanie Babies and Americal Girls were the only toys I really remember being deliberately made for both demographics; it seemed to me that most other "collectible toys" were either not really meant for kids, or were meant primarily for kids and just happened to appeal to enthusiasts for whatever reason. I mean, there were always those "collect em all!" sets of fairly cheap toys and figures, but those always seemed to me like they weren't meant to have any serious value for adult collectors.

Now you have stuff like Funko, amiibos, and those weird hatching egg pets that people spend hundreds of dollars on, and I also see a lot of companies more openly acknowledging and embracing the adult demographic they always had. Toy collecting used to be considered either a niche hobby or a sign of being a major creep, but it seems to be a lot more accepted now. So it's a lot more common now for companies to target both demographics with the same product.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 18 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #270

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I was mad on Thomas the Tank Engine as a kid (but being a kid in the 90's was much cheaper) - had the wooden train sets and everything, used to spend hours upon hours playing with it lol.

Then I discovered collectible cards that everyone was playing at school, much to my mum's disgust - started off with Jackie Chan cards and you could collect the talismans (unfortunately without the powers). Was never really into Action Man or soldiers.. that was my brother.

But the rest of our entertainment went into digging up my parents garden grin.gif or watching VHS stuff.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 18 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #271

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(x Sam @ Sep 18 2017, 04:48 AM) *
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 17 2017, 10:01 PM) *
Also, got some of those Funko Mystery Mini's yesterday as an early birthday present. Cost me around $28 [and I only got 4]. Along with the stuff I bought for my 4 year-old cousin's upcoming birthday, my total was nearly $100. Since when did toys and children's books get so expensive?

Well, makes sense to me. Also, thanks to everyone else who responded 'bout that. Yeah, I sadly don't see too many honest companies out there anymore...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Storskarfen
post Sep 18 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #272

~nyuu...~
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 039

Maemai

Wooo! With one of my eggiest (if not the eggiest) completed shiny hunts, at 688 eggs, I finally hatched my shiny Cutiefly! I might hunt Mimikyu later, but don't have much interest. I think it's time to refocus on Trapinch and Shroomish.

--------------------

Hunting for shiny Spinda!!!

Avatar made by Tymid. So pretty!~
Pokemon Shuffle Friend Code: H6RW-PLKJ
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 19 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #273

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks to whoever just sent me that Sky Gift! Sadly, I don't have enough Trinkets to send one back. Also, never heard someone use the word "eggiest" before...Not that that's a bad thing in the least, I just found it interesting.

Water-Type Poke Hunt this week, which I find pretty sweet. If only my Eggs would hatch faster.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ichthus
post Sep 19 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #274

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I also received my first ever Sky Gift. Whoever sent it, thank you so much.

Also, I feel so dumb yesterday thinking that the Dowsing MCHN here is not consumable. I got a mini heart attack when it was gone in my inventory. Haha!

Anyway, my Mimikyu hunt is now over 400 eggs, so can I use the word 'eggiest' now? Or not yet?

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 19 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #275

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zuzu @ Sep 19 2017, 06:25 PM) *
I also received my first ever Sky Gift. Whoever sent it, thank you so much.

Also, I feel so dumb yesterday thinking that the Dowsing MCHN here is not consumable. I got a mini heart attack when it was gone in my inventory. Haha!

You're not alone; I thought the same exact thing. Also, just got another Sky Gift. Who's sending these? o_o

Speaking of random things, at least I'm in no hurry to finish this Exploration, so I don't need the Party space immediately. But I haven't seen the Little Man in a while. Not that I need another Missingno, but lately it seems I've gotten everything to pop up in the header except that event. Oh, and the majority of the Chest ones.

This post has been edited by AregularFrankiefan: Sep 19 2017, 10:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ichthus
post Sep 19 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #276

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Sep 20 2017, 11:13 AM) *
Speaking of random things, at least I'm in no hurry to finish this Exploration, so I don't need the Party space immediately. But I haven't seen the Little Man in a while. Not that I need another Missingno, but lately it seems I've gotten everything to pop up in the header except that event. Oh, and the majority of the Chest ones.

For me, it is the youngster who's always visiting me. I actually have one right now in the header and I'm not gonna entertaini him, not right now. Also, the youngster before that turned into a strange portal, which is cool.

Anime related, I watched a Sun and Moon episode last night, the one with a Morelull (Nemasyu), and it was really a fun episode, the Morelull was so cute. I thought Ash was going to catch it, but no, he didn't. I actually did not watch the episode before that, I'm not interested with baseball in the slightest.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nostalgic River ...
post Sep 20 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #277

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 887

My Friends

"eggiest" i like it.

I was tempted to rewatch some anime last night but i didnt instead i had my friend talk me into grinding on this mobile SAO game
i was up till 2am trying to level my "decent" units lol then i couldnt get to sleep because it constantly felt like someone was watching me. Must be a rotom hiding in my TV <n<
Could i get some cheri's for this poor celebi?

--------------------
Here's my party, Feel free to click and I will click back~

Made by TogeticFTW
+Quote Post

Rita Zyon
post Sep 21 2017, 07:58 AM
Post #278

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 453

Active Squad

I actually just got a header event just a couple of days ago, it is the youngster event just like last time. I haven't clicked it yet in hopes it changes into the wormhole or maybe even the slow poke tail seller - both of which I haven't seen yet. Though I do admit I will need to save up some money just in case it does become the slow poke tail seller XD.

On another note, I really need to get back into reading. I used to be an avid reader but, lately I haven't been reading very much. I think part of it is due to trying to finish the current book I am reading and finding it a bit dull at least right now. Has anyone read any interesting books lately?
+Quote Post

Ichthus
post Sep 21 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #279

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rita Zyon @ Sep 21 2017, 08:58 PM) *
On another note, I really need to get back into reading. I used to be an avid reader but, lately I haven't been reading very much. I think part of it is due to trying to finish the current book I am reading and finding it a bit dull at least right now. Has anyone read any interesting books lately?

Me neither, I haven't read some book that much lately, I'm more into gadgets and music right now. But before, when I was still in school, far away from home, I bought some books to read and entertain myself since we are not allowed to use gadgets in the school and I'm staying at the school's dorm, and we can only use our phones once a week. My life was like that for three years. Pretty boring right, but I got used to it. Good thing I already graduated. Haha! Anyway, back to books, during those years, I've read some novels, some I really didn't finished yet. One book I finished is 'The Lovely Bones', there was a film adaptation of this book, it was a good story. I'm hoping to finish reading some novels when I have the rest of my things delivered here at home from school, including those books.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zurqoxn
post Sep 21 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #280

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 549

Active Squad

Can somebody breed Ducklett please? I haven't seen an egg in the shelter for weeks.

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.