Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Exploration Institution, Explore and Create - Members need to reapply
SilverLugia456
post May 9 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #1

None
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

Created By SilverLugia456

Welcome!

To Explorers,

This group was created for people who have done explorations, who enjoy them and even for people who want to write them. In this group you can discuss the explorations(Without revealing tasks), give reviews of them(how were they?) and even write your own.

Introduced in September 2010, explorations give users a chance to earn various prizes. They range from Legendary Pokemon, specific Novelty Pokemon, or very rare/hard to come by items. An exploration is a series of tasks based on a story, that you need to complete for the reward of a special, hard to obtain pokemon. The great thing about explorations are that they are not entirely based on luck - they require a number of criteria to be able to start them, and have tasks that take a bit of work to do.

There are two types of explorations - Special, and Normal. The stats on GPX+ will read not only the amount of special and normal explorations completed, but also the total amount of explorations completed and unique explorations completed.

What's New? As we talk about explorations, something new has been added to what this group can do. Many of us might have a story or an idea for a exploration and would like to put it out there for others to see. Well, now you have a chance to do it, this group will also be a place where you can share your exploration story and ideas. To be able to write them out and have others read them and even help you out. I hope you enjoy your stay and have fun!

Sincerely,

The Exploration Institution

Rules:

~ DO NOT POST TASKS FOR EXPLORATIONS
~ All forum rules apply.
~ No spamming.
~ Please don't argue or fight if a disagreement emerges.
~ When it comes to others people writing or sharing, it's alright to correct but don't be mean about it. Be polite and respectful.
~ If any of these rules are broken, you will be banned from the group.
~ To show that you have read the rules please answer the question in the form with the words: Exploration Go!
~ New rules will be added if needed.

Requirements:

~ Have the Newbie Explorer Achievement
~ Have at least 20 achievements
~ Been a member on the forums for at least 1 Month
~ Be Active

Form:

Name:
Link to Party:
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique):
Have you read everything?:

**Form won't be accepted if everything isn't filled out right.**

Notes:
~ Since this group did carry over listing of members and how many explorations total they have completed, instead of updating constantly how many explorations you have completed you can post your updates once a week or every other week. This is so that we don't have the constant spamming of people saying when they have completed another exploration.
~ When writing exploration stories, if you choose to write it all at once it would probably be best to place it in a spoiler tag so that the page doesn't stretch out from long posts containing exploration stories/ideas.
~ If you have a name change either message me or write it here so that I can update the members list to have the proper name.

Exploration so far shared

-these are exploration stories that are either being currently worked on and part already shared, or someone has shared their full story already.

The Explorers

Leader: SilverLugia456

Members:

Manah - 95
Orenji - 75
Samoo(Sam) - 90
knowledge - 25
Shadow Suicune - 17
KiD MiCro - 74
Sweeter - 123
Apple Bloom - 36
Velocity - 48
Keyda - 47
Doctor Octopus - 71
ProfessorLayton - 20
Championkasq17 - 17
AOPSUser -26
purple umbreon - 27
AdmiralPerry -17
Shadow the Assassin - 44
Zac11th - 37

This post has been edited by SilverLugia456: Sep 1 2013, 02:40 AM

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synchronise
post May 10 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #2

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

Congratulations, Kim, on being selected as the new leader of the Exploration Institution.

And now, a form for you!

Name: Dreoilin (Ryn)
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/Dreoilin
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 52
Have you read everything?: Exploration Go!

I approve of the new rule change regarding updates. Make sure members are aware of it on a fairly regular basis for now so anyone who re-joins doesn't mistakenly "break" that new rule.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Manah
post May 10 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #3

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

And again~

Name: Manah
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/Manah
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 89

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Orenji
post May 10 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #4

Selective Procrastinator
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 837

Pure Win

I can't remember if I ever applied to the other one...Oh well, here's my application form grin.gif

Name: Orenji
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/Orenji
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 75

--------------------
I claim Wolfguard (yes all 4) and Jeorge (FE11 & FE12) and Soren (FE9 & FE10)
If you're bored...~

Avatar: Jeremiah 'Orenji' Gottwald. Nuff said.
Support me on NaNoWriMo and Fanfiction!

Owner of:

GPX+ groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 10 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #5

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Name: Freeze Shock (Sam)
Link to Party: Freeze Shock
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 90

This post has been edited by Freeze Shock: May 10 2012, 10:08 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

knowledge
post May 10 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 80 086

My Favorites

And again~
Name: knowledge
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/knowledge
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 25

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tulaash
post May 10 2012, 10:38 AM
Post #7

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

Name: Natural Harmonia Gropius.
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/Natural+Harmonia+Gropius
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique):17

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

KiD MiCro
post May 10 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 926

HG Team

Need to reapply okay~ Here's mine~

Name: KiD MiCro
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/KiD+MiCro
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 71

--------------------
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 10 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #9

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

All Applications have been accepted

Like i said in the first post, this group has kinda expanded to more than just updating how many explorations you have done, now you are able to talk about and share ideas and stories. If you have a writing for a exploration you want to share and have people read you can post it here. While posting your ideas here others could get inspiration from it and also help you out. You can even post ideas and opinions of the current explorations(Just remember don't post exploration tasks.)

Also remember that when people post their writings or ideas, you are welcome to correct them or help them but make sure you are polite and respectful about it.

Anyways I'll start out with an idea I'm working on now:

I was thinking sometime in the future this could happen, were a exploration that has to do with obtaining 2 or 3 pokemon/items could have a story split. What I mean by a story split is that the first few tasks are the same for everyone but then you need to choose which path story you would like to do. So say you are doing a exploration for the Lake Trio....the story would begin the same for everyone then on task 3 or 4 you are given a choice and depending on what you choose, will decide what storyline to follow and what pokemon you would get. Instead of waiting until the end of the exploration and just choosing one there.

Some upsides to this is that you could look forward to going through 3 different stories instead of just repeating the same one until you get all 2 or 3 pokemon from it.

Right now I'm currently working on implementing this idea into a write up for the lake trio I'm doing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post May 10 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #10

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Here I go again~

Name: Sweeter
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/Sweeter
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 109

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Apple Bloom
post May 10 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #11

Hi am a Apple Bloom fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 110 919

Ponies <3333333333

Name:Mizuhisa
Link to Party:Mizuhisa is my display name right
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique)cat.gif5
Have you read everything?:Exploration go!!!!

Yay expect a name change from me in a couple of days

yay I have enough time to be in a group just not owning a group

Congratz for taking my place Kim

This post has been edited by Mizuhisa: May 10 2012, 03:47 PM

--------------------

Art made for me(credit for the creators) (click to show)

Awards (click to show)

Previously Sweetie Bloomaloo,Apple Bloom,Mizuhisa,Mizuki Himeji,Lucky Star 9,Kenitchi Shirihama n Mari, Birdy Seafann Artita,pallkia
+Quote Post

KiD MiCro
post May 10 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 926

HG Team

QUOTE(SilverLugia456 @ May 10 2012, 11:55 PM) *
All Applications have been accepted

Like i said in the first post, this group has kinda expanded to more than just updating how many explorations you have done, now you are able to talk about and share ideas and stories. If you have a writing for a exploration you want to share and have people read you can post it here. While posting your ideas here others could get inspiration from it and also help you out. You can even post ideas and opinions of the current explorations(Just remember don't post exploration tasks.)

Also remember that when people post their writings or ideas, you are welcome to correct them or help them but make sure you are polite and respectful about it.

Anyways I'll start out with an idea I'm working on now:

I was thinking sometime in the future this could happen, were a exploration that has to do with obtaining 2 or 3 pokemon/items could have a story split. What I mean by a story split is that the first few tasks are the same for everyone but then you need to choose which path story you would like to do. So say you are doing a exploration for the Lake Trio....the story would begin the same for everyone then on task 3 or 4 you are given a choice and depending on what you choose, will decide what storyline to follow and what pokemon you would get. Instead of waiting until the end of the exploration and just choosing one there.

Some upsides to this is that you could look forward to going through 3 different stories instead of just repeating the same one until you get all 2 or 3 pokemon from it.

Right now I'm currently working on implementing this idea into a write up for the lake trio I'm doing.

I love that idea where we can choose different tasks and get different ending~ I've thought about it before but I'm not really good at writing stories so I just keep quite LOL~

--------------------
+Quote Post

Velocity
post May 10 2012, 11:32 PM
Post #13

Pokemon Master!
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 800

Mew!

Name: Velocity
Link to Party: http://gpxplus.net/user/40800
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 42

Congratulations on becoming new leader Kim, I'm sure you'll do great! xD

--------------------
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 10 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #14

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

Thanks for the congratulations, I will sure try my best ^_^.gif

@KiD MiCro - ya that would be the basic idea cause then you could look forward to a different storyline so say you went for Azelf...well if you went for Mesprit next it would be the same story for the first few tasks and then choose the mesprit path and you will be reading a different story that would probably contain different tasks. It would be something new and probably cool to try in the future. The one thing though is that, that would be two different stories, with artwork, it would probably take a good amount of work to get it done.

As for writing your own exploration and showing ideas I myself have started one like i stated before which can be read here:

First idea for a exploration. (click to show)

now that is just something that I thought of, there is probably errors in it, but I have changed many things around as new idea start to form, and continue to write the three separate stories, just so give an example what it would be like if something like that was implemented in a exploration.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keyda
post May 11 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 702

Active Squad

Name: Keyda
Link to Party: http://my.gpxpl.us/Keyda
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 47

I really like that idea, I'd be glad to help anyone out once I get through finals next week. Are there rules on what kind of explorations you can do?

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 11 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #16

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

Form Accepted

As for the kind of explorations, its really any ideas that you have, for pokemon or for items like the few that were already done. Write out a story put it in spoiler tags others can read it and discuss it. Same with any ideas you might have post that and people can discuss it, add to it, and give their opinions on it.

Continuing from my last post, I'm still trying to think up a good storyline for each of the splits I think I have something good for one of them but I don't know about the tasks that each part would need.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post May 11 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #17

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Here was one I started on about a year ago today. I put it aside because I was getting bored with it but now that this group included posting exploration stories I was thinking some of you can suggest stuff for it, like if the tasks need to be harder or something was worded weird or whatever.

This was all part of this idea I had of individual explorations for legends that have a 100% chance of being shiny. The user can only do one every once in a while. It obviously wouldn't be fair if someone were to do this more than once. I know it'll most likely never happen but it's an idea. Maybe I could convert this into one that'll give you a Rainbow Wing.

Over the Rainbow (unfinished) (click to show)

This post has been edited by Sweeter: May 11 2012, 05:05 PM

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Doctor Octopus
post May 11 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #18

Just your friendly neighborhood supervillain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 632

The Sinister Six

I have a possible exploration story idea whirling around in my head, and was going to post about it, but then I realized I haven't actually rejoined yet, whoops. XD So let's get all this technical junk out of the way first.

Name: Doctor Octopus
Link to Party: gpxplus.net/user/Doctor+Octopus
Explorations Completed: 70 (will be 71 once I finish this run-through of Ripple in Time)
Have you read everything?: Exploration go!

Laura, I'll read your exploration while I'm waiting for this to get accepted. c: I'm sure it'll be great!

--------------------

GTS/GPX+'s resident inactive supervillain.
I go by Doc, Otto, and Doc Ock, whichever strikes your fancy.

old, out of date signature things (click to show)
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post May 11 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #19

None
Group Icon

Top Favorites

@Doctor Octopus - Form Accepted

I liked your story it was well written, though i need to say if its an exploration for a shiny pokemon especially a legendary the requirements and the tasks within the exploration would probably be higher. When it comes to explorations the equation should be requirements + Task = Reward. So you need to make sure what your requirements and tasks are equals your reward and since its pretty nice as a shiny(Legend) then both should be high for example:

you did raise requirements and stuff those are decent.
Tasks you could have berry feeds between 100-200
Pokemon level 100

But also since it is such a specially reward you could also have an exploration that is a one time thing for a shiny. Like with the token exploration where you only do it once and change the story up a bit.

This post has been edited by SilverLugia456: May 11 2012, 05:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Matto
post May 11 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 303

idk

FORM

Name: ProfessorLayton
Link to Party: http://my.gpxpl.us/ProfessorLayton
Explorations Completed (Please use the total number of explorations, not the unique): 20
Have you read everything?: "Exploration GO!"

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:57 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.