Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
who thinks that the anime is getting to repetitive
Vincent Valentin...
post Jul 20 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 31 823

Unpaid Interns

How come they only aged like...two years after all of this time.

Yeah, it's definitely getting repetitive. They are running out of idea, I would to if I made a series with the same plot that ran for a couple-hundred episodes ._.

--------------------
Officially claimed Togekiss
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Jul 21 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #22

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

QUOTE(johnrichard1991 @ Jun 20 2009, 02:03 AM) *
It was getting repetitive a long time ago.

I admit that there are a lot of different story lines, but most of the episodes seem to focus of Team Rocket failing.

That's their thing, but yeah, I noticed that Team Rocket are nearly in -every- episode. Annoying.

QUOTE(Usagi Zakura @ Jun 20 2009, 05:34 AM) *
Yes. Its been going on for waaaaaaaaaay too long. -_-.gif
I haven't really seen a lot of episodes between the Orange league and Battle Dimension (as it currently runs on TV) but already spotted two episodes in the DP-arc who could be complete copies of an episode in the first season:

Ash finds a grass starter and wants to catch it, discovers he's the guardian of some secret village, Team Rocket makes some problems, Ash befriends grass starter, challenges it and takes it with him.
What episode? It could easily mean either Bulbasaur's Secret Garden or the one where he catches Tirtwig.

Ash and Pikachu encounters a cocky trainer with a Raichu. They challenge it and fails horribly.
Ash considers evolving Pikachu, but as we all know that's never going to happen... so they train some more and pwn the Raichu.
This could be either Electric Shock Showdown or meeting that guy who wanted the whole evolution line in DP. (Yeah I don't know the names of the recent episodes.) Not only that, but this episode even REFERS to Electric Shock Showdown (as its the same thunderstone)... Meaning they should be perfectly aware its the same freaking plot.

I admit the Turtwig/Bulbasaur thing is a bit outdated. As for the Raichu pwn-isode, it's nice to revisit old problems and insecurities. It made their resolution firmer.

QUOTE(Eevee evaluotions @ Jul 2 2009, 10:02 AM) *
The first thing I started noticing is how the girls meet ash and pikachu fried each of there bikes, its getting old...

Well, they need something to keep those girls around. xD

QUOTE(Kunzi @ Jul 2 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Yeah, it is getting repetitive, but I kinda like it. xD
Although they could change a few things. Instead of a girl, they should in a guy! And they just need to give Brock what he wants. ut Croagunk makes me laugh.
The contests, although I love them, are getting quite annoying, too. Dawn fails, she trains, she wins. Dawn wins, she's happy. Dawn trains like crazy.

They even repeated the Charizard thing! Dawn's Mamoswine doesn't listen to her. noes.gif

Exactly. Get rid of the girls, and have a coordinating guy! I think the closest Brock ever got was Lucy the Pike Queen and Professor Ivy from the Orange Islands....

I love the contests themselves. Not necessarily Dawn's part in them.

It's good that they repeated the disobedient pokemon thing. The younger generation sort of missed the Charizard thing. Besides, the concept needs to be renewed for us all anyways. It's like we expect pokemon to be perfect all the time. xD

QUOTE(stawberrylawi @ Jul 5 2009, 09:30 PM) *
i saw that half why thought when they were with may but there was the season of pokemon WITHOUT ash {insert girl's name} or brock or that kid who took brock place for a season

Those episodes were the Pokemon Chronicles. I never saw any, but I do know of them. I think you mean Tracey (who took Brock's place). That was because Brock was staying with Professor Ivy helping her keep house and stuff because she and her assistants weren't good at it. They later met Tracey and he decided to travel with Ash and Misty.

QUOTE(Pimpburger @ Jul 19 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Yeah, its repetetive. How can they fall for those disguises so often. I've seen them tricked by James just wearing a sweat band. Really? he puts on a sweat band and he becomes someone else?

Hey. Everyone falls for Superman's disguise of glasses. *shrugs*

------

Therefore, my final opinion, yes, things are getting repetitive, but the younger generation needs it. Also, I don't like the girly girl Dawn, but it helps the franchise branch out to those types of girls and therefore they get more money, etc.

As one person before me pointed out (too lazy to quote or check name) there is progress being made within the shows (Jesse getting more serious about contests, more rival time, more battling and contests) and everyone just generally getting better. Thus, I'm willing to grin and bear it.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Unikeko
post Aug 4 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #23

Not ugly, just drawn that way
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 579

Diamond Team

I can only but agree. no.gif I haven't even watched the newest episodes but only a couple, and every time I can mostly guess what's going to happen. It started even in Kanto, but then it was still durable because Pokemon was so new. Now? MEH.

And why are the girls who follow Ash mostly annoying? What's the deal?

Oh, and the plot of DOOM which they went thru at least in older episodes, like, always.
Ash and co. come to forest, they adventure thru the forest, maybe meet new Pokemon or trainer, they come out of the forest, they meet one very nice human being, they learn that s/he is actually a gym leader, they fight after busting out Team Rocket or Team Rocket does something while they battle, anyway Ash fails, he trains and learns some life lessons and then wins the leader - then they go back to the forest.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Clover
post Aug 11 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 295

Battle Team

There is always Team Rocket failing, always a girl, always pulling Brock away from a woman, and Ash always has at least one starter Pokemon.

--------------------
Hooray for Eggies!

+Quote Post

samike
post Aug 11 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 406

Active Squad

Yes it is getting repetetive. They even use some of the exact same episode plots (Tower of Terror=Shuppet episode)

--------------------
Parties:

Thanks to kingofjazz for the unown D!
Thanks to calisto2 for the unown L!
Thanks to Blake769/Grizzly for unown ?!

Also: My VDex :P

+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post Aug 14 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #26

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 445

My faves

Yeah, it's getting far too repetitive. I stopped watched after Johto because it was just getting to the same stuff every single episode.

Ash meets a Pokemon and either A: Wants to catch it or B: finds out it needs help or it's trainer needs help and then they help them.
It's usually B...

Brock 9 times out of 10 will find a girl to swoon over.

Brock gets yanked away from girl by his ear.

Team Rocket Hatches a plan.

Team Rocket epic fail.

Team Rocket blasts off again.....*ding*

Stopping right there, Team Rocket, either get smarter or GO AFTER OTHER POKEMON THAT AREN'T IN THE AREA OF ASH AND HIS FRIENDS. facepalm.gif

Seriously. Ash and friends = You blasting off. It's been YEARS, haven't you learned to avoid them yet?

Continuing...Ash and friends help Pokemon/trainer and learn a moral then they're off on their merry way to the next gym or whatever so Ash can come in 24th in the tournament. Then he leaves all his Pokemon with Oak gets new clothes, catches all the starter pokemon again with a couple others wash, rinse, repeat. Oh and throw a new movie in there every year with a legendary pokemon. Legendary Pokemon can't be all THAT rare if Ash and friends see one or more every single year. @_@

Only things that change over the years:

The girl that travels with Ash (Bring back Misty! shakefist.gif )
Their clothes (sometimes)
Their basic Pokemon parties (to condone with the newer generation. Another thing that's getting old. How do all these new unknown pokemon just keep appearing from nowhere?! blargagh.gif )
The tournament they're heading too.

They've also added Pokemon Contests over the years, which kinda spiced it up, but not that much. It's just like a regular Pokemon battle only with points and prettier.

I love Pokemon, I really do, but it really should've ended loooonnnnnggggg ago. Keep the video games going maybe, but the show's just gotten so old and repetitive.

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

Kittyxthexkitsun...
post Aug 21 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #27

La~FoxyxKitty~La~La~
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 219

Cool Team,Yeah?

Darling,it got repetitive years ago.xD

*sigh*...They took this pokemon thing too far.But it's still making money,so it's very likely they'll keep going.
I just feel sorry for the little kiddies who don't know any better.At the risk of sounding like an old lady,they didn't grow up with the pokemon I knew.

--------------------

*~: Please love my babies,they can't grow without you! *dramatic crying*
Plus,I'll return the favor. ;3 :~*
+Quote Post

Jade
post Aug 26 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #28

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Of course it is XD
Ash met May AND Dawn the same way as Misty - he destroyed their bikes.
May and Dawn BOTH have male rivals that either like them or they secretly seem to like.
Staraptor evolved EXACTLY the same way Swellow did.
Pikachu fought Raichu and won the same way he did again Lt. Surge's Raichu.
Ash ALWAYS has a rival and will always meet one in a league and end up losing (Roitchie, Harrison)
And Brock will always ALWAYS hit on a girl per show, except the ones he's traveling with.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Netbug009
post Nov 20 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #29

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 555

Favorite Pokemon:

Was Pokemon ever NOT repetitive? But the writers do what they can; rebooting everybody's Pokemon tams each region means they can give those characters an insane amount of character development that would cause major issues if you did with the regular human characters.

--------------------

I return clicks no matter how many you give me! grin.gif

Jesus is LORD!
+Quote Post

Demon Lord Barod
post Dec 2 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #30

For The Horde!
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 298

Dream Team

I dont think the show its self is repeitive.

What is repetive and getting VERY annoying, so annoying that I mute the tv everytime I hear their annoying voices is Team Rocket! Im SO sick of Jesse James and Meowth now.

The fail, they suck and I wish they would have quit for *good* in the episode with the Shiny Metagross!

Didnt Giovanni Disband Team Rocket in Gold/Silver/Crystal? >.>

Even if he didn't in the Anime, Why hasn't he contacted them like he used to,maybe they should take that as a hint because didn't he erase them from the Team Rocket list one time? And we haven't heard from Giovanni or anyone else since what? Johto? Hoenn?

I wish Team Rocket(Former Team Rocket) Would go away.

Gah.

--------------------

I claim Illidan Storm Rage,Prince Kael Thas',Greed and Kakuzu!

Illidan leads to my party smugnod.gif

Groups (click to show)
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:28 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.