Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Let's Learn to Role Play, Lessons from a Long Time User.
Flynt
post Feb 18 2014, 05:45 AM
Post #1

This is why we can't have nice things...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 73 657

Assassin Team

Hey GTS+, been a while hasn't it? Things have gotten pretty dead since I was here last, but I see that there's still some activity hanging around. However, looking around, I've noticed that the relative quality of the different RPs is a little low nowadays. It saddens me to see it, since I used to RP here all the time. So I thought that maybe I'd try to help out.

Basically, how this is going to work is, I'm going to take a couple of you that honestly want to improve your RPing, and help you improve it! Hopefully, by the end of our little session together you'll have learned a thing or two and will be able to make and join RPs with the best of us.

To start, I have two ideas that we can try out. If neither of them is to your fancy, suggest your own and we'll make it into something that works!

1. The first idea is the simplest, I'll take two of you on a journey through one of the six main regions. We'll turn "Fite gem and get bage!" into "Fighting Gyms and getting Badges!" in a long RP that will have a lot of input from the two of you. Along the way, there will be opportunities for the two of you to learn how to properly lead an RP as you tell your own stories as sub-plots to the main one. If this idea gets a lot of support, we might be able to split it into several RPs, but no promises in advance, okay?

2. The second idea is a bit more complex and a lot shorter. We play a team of Pokemon that was separated from its Trainer. This would be something of a crash course, with not as much room to wander as the first idea gives us. However, I'd be able to take 5 of you along at once. This RP won't give you as much freedom as the other one would, instead we would make heavy use of this topic to discuss things as a group and decide how we want to proceed, teaching the value of teamwork and communication between players.

Don't forget, if you don't like these two, you can tell me what you'd rather do. So, how about it? Want to improve your storytelling abilities?

--------------------
Part of growing up is admitting that you can still enjoy "immature" pastimes.

- Rexsprites by RX and Sethsprite by Tun on Pokecharms.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dorito Ninja
post Feb 18 2014, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Don't touch my Doritos!!!
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 90 053

My Team of Awesumness

Honestly I think my skills have slipped after my long hiatuses (or hiati? I don't know the plural) from the site. I wouldn't mind being able to learn from someone like you Flynt, and I think the first idea is probably the better one, giving more attention to less students builds up there skills quicker so you can move on to others should you want to.

--------------------
DON'T TOUCH MY DORITOS (click to show)

Current Active RPs:
Hope's Peak Academy (Not started yet, needs 3 more characters.)
Moths to a Flame...(Active)

You see a robber in your house ready to steal all your stuff.
60% would silently call the police for help.
25% would let them go.
15% would grab the nearest weapon and beat the living day lights out of the robber.
Copy this into your sig if you are in that 15%

Quizzes and Things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dorito Ninja
post Feb 21 2014, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

My Team of Awesumness

Hello? You still there Flynt?

--------------------

Current Active RPs:

25% would let them go.
15% would grab the nearest weapon and beat the living day lights out of the robber.

+Quote Post

Flynt
post Feb 28 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #4

This is why we can't have nice things...
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 657

Assassin Team

Have patience, we need three people before we can proceed. In the mean time, post a RP post of your best ability so I can see where we begin. I'd also like you to pick which of the six main regions you'd like to travel through.

--------------------
Part of growing up is admitting that you can still enjoy "immature" pastimes.

- Rexsprites by RX and Sethsprite by Tun on Pokecharms.
+Quote Post

Dorito Ninja
post Mar 1 2014, 06:14 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

My Team of Awesumness

Okay, here's something from me

---

Brady strode down the path at a confident pace. After waking up on time for once, important considering he was to receive his first Pokemon today, he had already hit the road as he planned on reaching the Professor's House first. The road from Oldale to Littleroot was a simple one, one Brady had traversed many times before in his visits to friends. His blue trainers hit the road with a satisfying crunch of gravel underfoot, as Brady adjusted the red leather satchel around his shoulder.

"You know, I always wondered why Professor Birch lives all the way out here." Brady mused to himself as he walked down the path. It struck him as bizarre that a world famous scientific mind would stick himself in the boonies of Hoenn. If he had set up his lab in say, Slateport or Mauville, he would have better access to everything he needed as a Scientist. But he guessed that Birch preferred solitude to concentrate on his studies, as well as to keep the Starters safe from anyone ho would try to steal them.

Speaking of the starters, Brady wondered which on he would want when he was there.

"From what I know, Torchic offers some nice attack power, but Treecko is a speedy customer. Mudkip is a little too bulky to my tastes, so the question is, would I rather strike first, or strike harder?" Brady pondered these thoughts as he wallked, failing to notice an upturned root on the path. His left foot caught before he even realised it. and he face flew down to meet the unforgiving earth.

"Ow" he mumbled as he pushed himself up and dislodged his foot from the root. "Guess Mum was right, I do think too much for my own good"

---

Okay, you may look at that and think it's okay, my main problem is that it took me nearly TWO DAYS to write it. My main problem is that I'm slow to think of ideas, and need to be able to speed up without losing quality. Any pointers would be appreciated Flynt, as I could also use it to advance my own writing outside of the forum

EDIT: Also, if my post didn't make it clear, Id like us to be in Hoenn

This post has been edited by Dorito Ninja: Mar 1 2014, 06:15 PM

--------------------

Current Active RPs:

25% would let them go.

+Quote Post

Dorito Ninja
post Mar 8 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

My Team of Awesumness

God I hope someone joins this soon.

--------------------

Current Active RPs:

25% would let them go.

+Quote Post

BlueLink9001
post May 31 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #7

*You feel like you're gonna have a bad time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 786

Broken

I've been roleplaying on a different site *Site I was on starts sneaking in* HEY NO BAD! GO BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE! *Pokes it back to where it was with a stick* and I do need a little Tune up from my previous roleplaying styles (Most being one sentence posts because I had a small idea to keep the RP going on and OOCs to think of a new plot for a finished RP...) Here's a small example...

Blue, My Omnipotent character that I don't use very much unless if it's on a roleplay I made called the Vortex, was sitting in a tree, he begun to think of something to do, he leaped from his tree, landing on his feet, and took out his sword with a blade of Butter which he dubbed the "Butter Knife", the sword was actually rather strong despite its blade, he ran off to the North East, where he encountered a Wyvern sitting on an ancient tomb. He got out his Bow and fired at the mythical beast, the Wyvern launched Fire in his direction which he dodges but still got hit, "JOOR ZAH FRUL!" he shouts, causing the Wyvern to land, he then took out his Battle Axe and slashed at the beast, when it was killed, he absorbed the Dragon's soul, and walked off to his tree again to think about what he should do next.

--------------------
I am pure Undertale Trash.

<-Sokka is one of the many reasons why I love Avatar: The Last Air Bender [The Series]
Well lookie what i got here! grin.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post May 31 2014, 10:54 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

Oh look... I'm late again ._.

If it's not TOO much trouble (if it is I'll just go back to wherever I came from) I would like to learn too... Of course that's only if you're willing to take three. I remembered you from when I made that Roleplay (Poke monarchy is what I called it I think I'm not sure) and it was really cool how you took my concept for the Roleplay and turned in another aspect that I hadn't even thought of. If possible I'd like to be like that someday *cue Disney music*

Oh yes that RP post thingy (click to show)

This post has been edited by The Shadow: May 31 2014, 11:00 PM

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.