Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help me choose more details!, What details would you like to be able to set?
Zerxer
post Dec 19 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I'm trying to get everything I want to do all thought up before I get to work. I have another idea I'd like to implement, which will be like a GTS Rehaul (for the coding side, at least).

I thought to myself, do members even really use all the stuff on the Requesting side for the Trade Station? Nah, not really. Why waste all that space? So what I'm going to do is completely remove that. "But.. what if I want to state what I want in return?" Don't worry, I thought of that. My plan will be to let you "link" a specific item in your Wish List to your Trade. I was considering having a drop-down box with all your different Wish List items and maybe a "Any Pokémon In Wish List" option so your Requested Pokémon will show up as something like.. "You want this Pokémon? Check my Wish List to see if I want anything you have!" Last choice would be something like "Doesn't matter" in case you don't care what you want.

So this brings me to the point of this thread: all that extra space that will be gained by cutting out the Requesting half of the info.

What other Pokémon details would yous like to be able to set without having to use the Other Notes? A couple things have already come to mind:

-Pokérus
-Ability (a request in Suggestions earlier)
-Ribbons
-Item Held??

EDIT: See this post!

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Gallade
post Dec 19 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #2

Gone.
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 630

Active Squad

In my opinion Ability is a must. And maybe items as well.
I don't find Pokérus important, but hey is just my opinion. :p
+Quote Post

Blue Otter
post Dec 22 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 374

Active Squad

Ability, Pokerus, and items are good, I'm not sure about Ribbons. And of course shiny. tongue.gif
You've probably already thought of these, but, level, gender, I think that would be important if, maybe, for my Cyndaquil I wanted a level 20 male Kirlia.

--------------------
My first fusion-thing ever. xP

I call it Lugiakip. I know, amazing name.

I are claimed Latios.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 22 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #4

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Blue Otter @ Dec 22 2007, 01:37 PM) *
Ability, Pokerus, and items are good, I'm not sure about Ribbons. And of course shiny. tongue.gif
You've probably already thought of these, but, level, gender, I think that would be important if, maybe, for my Cyndaquil I wanted a level 20 male Kirlia.

I think you're confused, and I'm confused too. What I'm asking for is more things that are setable in the Trade Station for what you're offering. It already lets you set if it's Shiny and the level/gender.

As for what you want for your offers, that will all be done for now on in the Wish List area (where I will probably add all these new setable options as well).

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Dec 22 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #5

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

Who cares about Ribbons?

Pokerus should be up there, as should Ability. Item is a maybe for me.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Blue Otter
post Dec 23 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 374

Active Squad

I see what you're saying. I had to re-read your post.
I don't think ribbons really matter, but Pokerus, Items, and Ability are good.
And for Pokerus, maybe just to be clear, whether it is currently infected or has been infected but no longer is.

--------------------
My first fusion-thing ever. xP

I call it Lugiakip. I know, amazing name.

I are claimed Latios.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 23 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #7

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Blue Otter @ Dec 23 2007, 05:50 PM) *
And for Pokerus, maybe just to be clear, whether it is currently infected or has been infected but no longer is.

Yeah, choices being: "Something for blank (not sure what to call it XD), Infected, Cured"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Dec 23 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #8

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 23 2007, 04:21 PM) *

Yeah, choices being: "Something for blank (not sure what to call it XD), Infected, Cured"

Um.... "uninfected"?

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 23 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #9

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Wymsy @ Dec 23 2007, 07:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 23 2007, 04:21 PM) *

Um.... "uninfected"?

But 'cured' is basically uninfected too dumblook.gif;

Maybe just "-----" >_>

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 23 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #10

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

By the way... once I work on this update, as I said the whole Requesting side will be gone so if you guys have something that's kind of complex for a request I suggest you add it to your Wish List awhile or something. noes.gif

I might also actually set it so you can either specify a specific Pokémon with specific level (and MAYBE gender) OR if you want it to be more complex then you can use the option to link a Wish List item to it. I just want to remove Moves and all that other useless stuff from it noes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

ContraShaul
post Dec 23 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 642

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 19 2007, 11:05 PM) *
I thought to myself, do members even really use all the stuff on the Requesting side for the Trade Station? Nah, not really. Why waste all that space? So what I'm going to do is completely remove that.

im may be misreading but are you getting rid of the useless things on the requst side or the whole request pokemon side period?

also please i dont know if its crossed your mind, but your not thinking of removing the browse pokemon/search pokemon for trades are you?

thx.

sha'ul

--------------------

BALANCE!!! Daniel-San!!!!

Peace,
Sha'ul
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 24 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #12

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(ContraShaul @ Dec 23 2007, 11:48 PM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 19 2007, 11:05 PM) *
I thought to myself, do members even really use all the stuff on the Requesting side for the Trade Station? Nah, not really. Why waste all that space? So what I'm going to do is completely remove that.

im may be misreading but are you getting rid of the useless things on the requst side or the whole request pokemon side period?

also please i dont know if its crossed your mind, but your not thinking of removing the browse pokemon/search pokemon for trades are you?

thx.

sha'ul

To answer your question here too, I have decided not to remove the entire requesting side. I have ideas on how to set it up, it'll be cool.

And no, I would never remove the Browse/Search pages. That would just kill the entire site. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 24 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #13

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Okay so I came up with something. Scratch my last idea of not removing the entire requesting side. The only options for Requesting will be "Anything", "Anything from Wish List", "Specific Pokémon In Wish List" (which will be linked to it).

NOTE: None of that has been added yet. That is simply a design! I'll probably start work on all this tomorrow, not sure though considering it's Christmas Eve. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, before any one jumps on me, all those stats are fake. I just entered some numbers.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Dec 24 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #14

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Active Squad

As I told you on AIM, I think the new setup's great. You'll probably have to close the trade station down while working on these modifications though, there are quite a few changes to be done. O_o.gif

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 25 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #15

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Keeping you all posted.

What I've done:

-Trade Station was disabled earlier today so I could work on these changes.
-Added all the necessary new columns to the database tables
-Updated the layout for the pokémon info

What needs to be done yet:

-Add page updated
-Search page updated
-Editing updated
-Possibly a stats calculator for the Advanced Information side (to help you fill out one part if the other two are already filled out)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 28 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #16

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

I have reopened the Add/Browse/Scan pages. The Search page is still closed and you cannot edit any of your Pokémon (I will have this part done tomorrow).

Things to note: If you put "No" for Hacked, you can only select Abilities that the Pokémon you're listing can actually have. If it has another ability, well then you'll have to admit that it's hacked and select "Yes" so you can choose from them all. wink.gif

Also, if you enter an IV in any of the IV boxes that is higher than 31, it will automatically set Hacked to "Yes" and disable the input so you cannot change it back. Same goes with EVs; if any one EV stat is over 255 or the total of all EVs is greater than 510, it knows for a fact that it is hacked.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 30 2007, 03:17 AM
Post #17

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Editing is now complete! You can now go out and edit all the old Pokémon you've added in the past so the new options are set correctly for them.

Some notes about editing:

-When adding a Pokémon, you now have a link atop the IVs box that says "Unlock IV boxes". If you unlock them, you will not be able to edit them later. Leave them locked if you're not sure so you can edit them later.
-As mentioned above, any Pokémon you've unlocked the IV boxes for, you will not be able to edit the IVs. However, every previous Pokémon added up until this revamp, their IVs will be changable. So go out there and add them if you know them.
-When editing IVs/EVs of a Pokémon that you claimed was not Hacked when you added it, if you set any IV above 31 or any EV above 255 or if the EVs total more than 510, it will warn you about it. If you choose to continue, that Pokémon's Hacked status will be updated to Yes and you will never be able to change it again. So be careful when editing those!
-If Pokérus is set as Cured, you will not be able to edit it. If Pokérus is set as Infected, you will only be able to change it to Cured. If Pokérus is set as -----, you will of course be able to change it to either Infected or Cured.
-Same as before, you cannot edit options that do not change naturally with Pokémon as you progress through the game. This includes the old options of Species, Gender, Shiny, Hacked, Cloned, and Nature. Newly added to these non-changeable items are Ability, Caught With, and IVs if you've set them before (unlocked the boxes). None of these will be able to be edited.
-As for things that can be edited, we still have all 4 attacks, level, and quantity. Newly added to this list are Item Held, Pokérus, Skills, EVs, and IVs if not set already.

Again, any problems with this, let me know.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Dec 30 2007, 04:13 AM
Post #18

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Active Squad

And note that we will be setting up for you to be able to change a pokemon's species to others to which it can evolve, but it isn't available for now.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jan 6 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #19

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Bah, I swear I am going to work on getting the Search page back up.. been working on another site.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Feb 2 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #20

Never turn down a really good pie...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 961

Active Squad

this would be a huge project and I'm not sure it's entirely feasible, I'm not as computer literate as some people , but i'm no moron, I know it'd be huge, since you're doing this with other things, have you considered trying to force legal movesets unless you have the hacked box set to yes, I mean this would include egg moves and tutor moves and some combos are illegal and would have to edit the options out of other boxes like say you put body slam on a togekiss, then nasty plot and all the 4th gen only egg moves would have to be romoved as options from the other boxes, likewise if you put a 4th gen only egg move then all the move tutor moves from 3rd gen would be removed, this would make it far easier to try and remember the moves from memory if you put in one and the option is gone from the other, you know you messed up somewhere, just my two cents, I know it'd be immense and don't really expect it'll happen, but it would be cool...

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:48 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.