Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Who Would Win In A Pokemon Battle?, Ash or Red (from the Manga)
Who would win?
Ash (Anime) or Red (Manga)?
Ash [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Red [ 6 ]  [100.00%]
Total Votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 

Mr PBJ
post Jul 6 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #1

NO U
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 41 070

Soulsilver Team!

As stated in other topics, Ash is a terrible Pokemon trainer, but he has decent Pokemon and a wide arsenal of Pokemon to choose from(Pikachu, 30 Tauros, Grotle, Monferno, Buizel, Staraptor, Gliscor, Heracross, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Cyndaquil, Snorlax, Kingler, Muk, Bayleef, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan, Corphish, Sceptile, Torkoal, Swellow, Glalie, Primeape, and Squirtle, to be precise) and from what I've read of the manga (I'm still in the Yellow Chapter, so if he has caught more Pokemon, I'm sorry), he's got a very powerful party, but not so much variety in Pokemon (Pika (Pikachu), who by the way seems a lot stronger than Ash's Pikachu, Saur (Venasaur), Gyara (Gyarados), Poli (Poliwrath), Sandshrew, Vui (Eevee), Aero (Aerodactyl), Lax (Snorlax), and Nidorino). I say Red. No matter how many Pokemon they have they can only use up to 6, and although Ash has a lot more Pokemon, Red has better Pokemon.

This post has been edited by Mr PBJ: Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM

--------------------
Click Gayados or Magyarakarp to go to my party!

For One Clickers (click to show)

Please Help Him Evolve! (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Jul 6 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

You can't really compare them so early on... Ash didn't get a full party before he met the Squirtle-squad, and Red catches a crapload of Pokčmon later on.
Ash rarely switches around Pokčmon in his party, except before every new season when he releases everyone and is left with only Pikachu.
Red has 3 Pokčmon who are always with him: Pika, Saur and Poli. They're quite powerful.
I think Pika could beat Pikachu, since Pikachu mostly relies on electric attacks (which don't work very well on other electric types) and Pika also has some other moves (Substitute, Surf(!?)) Then again Ash's Pikachu is a cheater who can beat ground-types with a Thundershock<.<
Vui is probably one of my favorites in Red's party, it can turn into every single one of his gen-one evolutions! Switching about it could probably beat any of Ash's Pokčmon.
Among the Pokčdex-users Red is called the "Battler". He's a Pokčmon League Champion and could have been a Gym Leader if he wanted to. Ash came in 16 in the Pokčmon league, and only just manages to beat the gyms he goes trough.
Red's also been through a lot worse hardships than Ash, while Ash has Jessie, James and Meowth to bother him, Red has to deal with the entire Team Rocket+their leader who are a lot more competent. Quite often on his own.

Red is older (he's 14 when the manga starts, and as opposed to Ash he actually gets older...I think he's 16 or 17 last time he showed up) more mature (see above mentioned hardships) and overall a better trainer and catcher than Ash.
He'd win.

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

Mr PBJ
post Jul 6 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #3

NO U
Group Icon

Soulsilver Team!

Don't forget Lax. He's very powerful too, but when he got owned by Blue's Machamp, it was one of my fave manga moments so far. Pretty intense battle.

This post has been edited by Mr PBJ: Jul 6 2009, 11:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Jul 6 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

QUOTE(Mr PBJ @ Jul 6 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Don't forget Lax. He's very powerful too, but when he got owned by Blue's Machamp, it was one of my fave manga moments so far. Pretty intense battle.

I keep forgetting about him XD
I'd try to compare Ash's Snorlax and Lax but I haven't really seen Ash's Snorlax DO anything since I stopped watching the anime for a while during the Orange arc XD
I forgive him from getting pwned by Machamp, after all it has the type advantage:3

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

Mr PBJ
post Jul 6 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #5

NO U
Group Icon

Soulsilver Team!

I stopped watching after a few episodes into Hoenn. And also, in the Safari Zone chapter, Red captures a bunch of Nidoking, one Nidoqueen, and a bunch of every Pokemon in the Bellsprout evolutionary line. I wonder what happened to those? It would be awesome to see a Nidoking in Red's Party.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Jul 6 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #6

True king
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

I have only read a small amount of the manga. However, having said that I didn't watch much of the anime either as a kid. So I'd have to go with Red, based on looks. shift.gif

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Skitzophrenic
post Jul 7 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 916

My favorites! c:

Red hands down.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 08:01 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.