Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
summoning item
pokeballg
post Nov 19 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 118 448

Active Squad

i used my rainbow feather and saw the hooh egg and when i did as soon as i summoned it it said soemeone else had it and i got the enigma ston acheivement, and then i use the engima stone with the same failure this time with lugia. is there anyway this can be fixed?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Taryn
post Nov 19 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Papillion
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 325

Lovely Legend Squad

Fixed? When you summon a legend or other Pokemon with a summon item, you get 5 minutes to find it. How you could have used the Rainbow Wing and then somehow missed the Ho-Oh is a bit odd, seeing as you're saying you saw it, unless of course you saw it just as the 5 minute timer ran out.

But anyways, no. This cannot be fixed, as you put it. You missed the summons, so you just have to hope to catch someone elses summon or get another summon item.

Edit: By the way. Here: http://gpxplus.net/help#special

Read through that section well and it will explain the whole mess of trouble and other such things behind using summon items. To better your chances at receiving a summon, your best bet is to collect as many Pokemon as you can from the Lab, fill your Dex. Then get yourself a repel for 5,000 points from the shop and use it After using the summoning item. Because you filled your dex the best you could with Pokemon obtained from the lab, the Repel will exclude those Pokemon and only make ones you haven't obtained appear in the selection.

This post has been edited by Taryn: Nov 19 2010, 10:29 PM

--------------------
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
--Dave Barry--
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
--George Carlin--
"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
--E. B. White-- (1899 - 1985)
" No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."
--Chuck Palahniuk-- (1962 - ), Fight Club, 1996
+Quote Post

Icicle
post Nov 20 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 18 407

Active Squad

QUOTE(Taryn @ Nov 19 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Fixed? When you summon a legend or other Pokemon with a summon item, you get 5 minutes to find it. How you could have used the Rainbow Wing and then somehow missed the Ho-Oh is a bit odd, seeing as you're saying you saw it, unless of course you saw it just as the 5 minute timer ran out.

But anyways, no. This cannot be fixed, as you put it. You missed the summons, so you just have to hope to catch someone elses summon or get another summon item.

Read through that section well and it will explain the whole mess of trouble and other such things behind using summon items. To better your chances at receiving a summon, your best bet is to collect as many Pokemon as you can from the Lab, fill your Dex. Then get yourself a repel for 5,000 points from the shop and use it After using the summoning item. Because you filled your dex the best you could with Pokemon obtained from the lab, the Repel will exclude those Pokemon and only make ones you haven't obtained appear in the selection.

This (the five minutes had to be up to have someone snipe it from you and then qualify for Consolation Prize). If someone has obtained your summon it will never be fixed, you should do research to know how to summon effectively and know it will always be a gamble. If the site is slow that also needs to be taken into account.

--------------------

flight rising: IcicleKurai | Twitch: icicledust
twitter: icicledust_ | instagram: incendiary.wit
+Quote Post

pokeballg
post Nov 20 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Icicle @ Nov 20 2010, 10:33 AM) *
QUOTE(Taryn @ Nov 19 2010, 10:23 PM) *

This (the five minutes had to be up to have someone snipe it from you and then qualify for Consolation Prize). If someone has obtained your summon it will never be fixed, you should do research to know how to summon effectively and know it will always be a gamble. If the site is slow that also needs to be taken into account.

WELLL thats completely wrong what you sad, as soon as i used the items isaw and tried for said eggs only forthem to e gone, it wasnt 5 minutes it was more like 15 seconds.
+Quote Post

Special K
post Nov 20 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(pokeballg @ Nov 20 2010, 02:58 PM) *
WELLL thats completely wrong what you sad, as soon as i used the items isaw and tried for said eggs only forthem to e gone, it wasnt 5 minutes it was more like 15 seconds.

well that's impossible, since nobody else can see your summoned pokemon until 5 minutes after you've summoned it. it's quite possibly that the ho-oh you saw had been summoned by someone else, and it wasn't yours, and you just stopped looking after that and didn't realize that your ho-oh was still in the lab somewhere.
+Quote Post

Taryn
post Nov 20 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #6

Papillion
Group Icon

Lovely Legend Squad

It sounds like you missed the summon. That's all I can really say, as for anyone else. 15 seconds, you saw the egg and tried to click it, only to miss it. There is one minor/major possiblity. The Ho-Oh you saw was sommoned by someone else. It was not your summon, but just happened to be the same summon you were looking for. Then while you were possibly ranting and getting angry that someone took that summon, then your summon got snatched during that time because you already believed it to be gone.

Edit: Ninja'd.

As for the summon you tried to get with the Enigma Stone, you didn't say if you saw it, so I can't really say what can be done about that.

In any case, if you missed any summon, it cannot be reversed. All the possibilites have been explained. That's just how it's going to be,

This post has been edited by Taryn: Nov 20 2010, 03:11 PM

--------------------
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
--Dave Barry--
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
--George Carlin--
"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
" No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."
+Quote Post

pokeballg
post Nov 21 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

ok ou guys win. i give up on trying to get people to understand systems arent perfect and bugs occur. sorry i bothered.
EDIT
you guys must know bugs occur in the game because theres a support forum for it. not a try and tell me im an idiot and that its perfect and i fail board. can i request a person actually involved in bug support help instead of trolls?
+Quote Post

Saphiro
post Nov 21 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 892

Sapphire Gym

Nobody is trying to troll here. They're explaining to you how the summon system works and what could have been what happened.

Missing an egg you summoned before the 5 minute time limit won't happen because no one else will be able to see it except you.

After that time, everyone who is looking inside the lab has a chance to get it.

Someone probably summoned a Ho-oh around the time you did and that's most likely the egg you saw/missed.

If after 5 minutes, you missed the real egg you summoned, it's your own fault. Sometimes it takes long to see the egg, but it's entirely possible to not see your egg if you don't refresh fast enough / have the 5 slots to see instead of 4.

If you still want someone involved in the site to mention all that has been said, they will probably redirect you to the help page because that's just the way things are. There's no glitch/bug.

--------------------

Saphiro's Party

Cobalion's Party
+Quote Post

Taryn
post Nov 21 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #9

Papillion
Group Icon

Lovely Legend Squad

A. I suggest that this topic be locked because it has been answered to the best it can.

B. I suggest you, pokeballg, stop thinking that people are trying to screw around with you. The whole system has been explained. You missed the summons. It is no one's fault but your own. There is no refund policy, as far as I know.

C. I believe I am not mini-modding and just simply responding to being called a troll, when all I'm trying to do is help the user. If this is an offense that can get me in trouble, then so be it. But with one Global Mod already backing up what I said, I feel that the user is going to whine and pout until he/she gets their way.

--------------------
--Dave Barry--
--George Carlin--
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 06:02 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.