Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
A guide to the Battle Subway [Added in the formula to work out stats], Please make sure you read everything you want to know thoroughly!
Yamper
post Jan 3 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Welcome to my Battle Subway guide! Here, you'll find tips on how to use the Battle Subway, how to use items effectively, what to use in a team and most importantly, how to win! Hopefully, you'll be able to smash those Achievements and rack up those wins!

Just before I start, I would like to reiterate what's on the Help Page for the Battle Tower and Battle Subway. Within here, you will find information on available attacks, stats, natures, and generally how things work. So if you're new to this, please familiarise yourself before asking questions. Chances are, the answer you're looking for will be within the Help Page!

FYI, I was going to make 3 separate posts to make this guide seem shorter, but I don't particularly want to get in trouble, so beware, this guide is going to be lengthy! To make things easier for yourself, please CTRL+F the bracketed text next to each of the contents.

==============================================

Contents
  1. Basic Introduction and Requirements [BIaR]
  2. Item List [IL]
  3. Pokémon and Pokédex Searching [PaPS]
  4. IV's and Natures [IaN]
  5. Pokémon Moves [PM]
  6. Making a Team [MaT]
  7. Tips [TI]

i. Basic Introduction and Requirements [BIaR]

The Battle Subway is a place where you can win battles against an endless supply of NPC's created by our own userbase. Each time you win a battle, your streak gets increased by 1. After a certain number of battles you can win various prizes, all items. You do not win points in the Battle Subway. The more battles you win, the bigger your streak will be, and the more prizes you can win.

In order to be able to use the Battle Subway, you must have as a minimum, 6 Pokémon of Level 76-100 in your Battle Tower Roster. To add a Pokémon to your roster, select it from its individual drop-down menu, or transfer them there via the PC. Once you have 6 eligible Pokémon, you are able to send your team into battle with a randomly selected NPC. You can also preset your own team. This will be explained under Making a Team.

NPC's are generated based on a scoring system. The higher their score, generally the tougher they will be. Each win for the NPC increases their score by 10, and each loss decreases their score by 1. When you start off you'll have easier NPC's to battle but as your streak progresses, you will start to face more tougher trainers.

ii. Item List [IL]

As previously mentioned, after a certain number of wins during your streak, you will win a prize. These prizes can be used within the Battle Tower and Battle Subway themselves, for selling and boosting IV's. You may receive the following items:
  • Vitamins
  • Hold Items (Type Gems / Choice Items / Quick Claw / Leftovers)
  • Account Upgrades
Vitamins:

There are a total of 6 Vitamins on GPX+, taken from the games themselves. These Vitamins have the use of increasing the total IV's of a Pokémon by 1 point each time they are used. However, you may only give Pokémon a total of 6 Vitamins. These are what they are, and what they do:

- Calcium - Increases a Pokémon's Special Attack IV by 1.
- Carbos - Increases a Pokémon's Speed IV by 1.
- HP Up - Increases a Pokémon's HP IV by 1.
- Iron - Increases a Pokémon's Defence IV by 1.
- Protein - Increases a Pokémon's Attack IV by 1.
- Zinc - Increase a Pokémon's Special Defence IV by 1.

Once you reach the streak of getting a Vitamin, it is entirely random as to which one you may get. If you would like to sell a Vitamin, they may be sold to the shop for 400 points each. You may also purchase a Vitamin from the Backroom, if someone has sold one (or more), for 600 points each.

Hold Items - Type Gems:

Another item you can win, are Type Gems. There are a total of 17 different Type Gems, one for each type. These Type Gems are found in the games, however, they function differently in GPX+. These Type Gems grant your Pokémon the ability to use a move of a different type it wouldn't normally learn.
The available Type Gems and their functions are as follows:

- Bug Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Bug-Type moves.
- Dark Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Dark-Type moves.
- Dragon Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Dragon-Type moves.
- Electric Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Electric-Type moves.
- Fighting Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Fighting-Type moves.
- Fire Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Fire-Type moves.
- Flying Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Flying-Type moves.
- Ghost Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Ghost-Type moves.
- Grass Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Grass-Type moves.
- Ground Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Ground-Type moves.
- Ice Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Ice-Type moves.
- Normal Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Normal-Type moves.
- Poison Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Poison-Type moves.
- Psychic Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Psychic-Type moves.
- Rock Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Rock-Type moves.
- Water Gem - Allows the Pokémon to use weak Water-Type moves.

You may also win these items at a certain streak, and it is random as to which gem you may receive. Gems may be sold to the shop for 3750 points each, and can be bought from the Backroom for 5625 points each, if a user sells 1 or more.

Account Upgrades & Hold Items - Choice Items, Quick Claw and Leftovers:

There are some other hold items which you may win from the Battle Subway. There are 3 Choice Items, Quick Claw and Leftovers. The items here function the same as they do in-game. There are also some Account Upgrades you may win as-well. These are the EXP. All and Battle Expansions. You may win up to 4 Battle Expansions and only 1 EXP. All.
- Choice Band - Increases a Pokémon's Attack by 50% (+1 boost) and allows the use of only 1 move (until switched out).
- Choice Scarf - Increases a Pokémon's Speed by 50% (+1 boost) and allows the use of only 1 move (until switched out).
- Choice Specs - Increases a Pokémon's Special Attack by 50% (+1 boost) and allows the use of only 1 move (until switched out).
- Leftovers - Allows the Pokémon to recover some HP at the end of the turn.
- Quick Claw - Occasionally allows the Pokémon holding it to strike first.
- Battle Expansion - You may win up to 4 of these, allowing an increased capacity of Pokémon stored in the Battle Roster by 9 per Expansion. You may have 54 total Pokémon in the Battle Roster.
- EXP. All - Shares 75% of the experience gained from the Battle Tower and Vs. Seeker with the Pokémon in the user's party, not already at Level 100.

You can obtain some of these items via Achievements:
- Random Type Gem: Double Dipper, Persistent, A Novel Approach, Expert Battler.
- Quick Claw: Novice Battler, Top Percentage.
- Choice Items: Cypress Battler, Cypress Smasher, Cypress Conqueror.
- Leftovers: It is a Mystery~.

Another way of obtaining Type Gems, Choice Items, Quick Claws and Leftovers is by the Prize Shop. Type Gems are 5 Prize Points and the rest are 10 Prize Points.
You win Vitamins and Hold Items at the following win streaks:
Vitamins Win Streak:
2, 7, 13, 33, 48
After 48, you win one every 15 wins at: 63, 78, 93 etc.

Hold Items (Type Gems / Choice Items / Quick Claw / Leftovers) Win Streak:
10, 21, 42
After 42, you win one every 50 wins: 92, 142, 192 etc.
Once you have all of the Battle Expansions and EXP. All, you will receive a random Hold Item every 75 wins, at 75, 150, 225, 300 etc.

iii. Pokémon and Pokédex Searching [PaPS]

So. Now that we've gotten past the huge chunk of items, this is probably going to be the bit you all want/need most. The Pokémon and Pokédex searching function allows you to search various pieces of information regarding Pokémon.
Within the Pokédex there are many options at the top. You can search for Pokémon in specific regions, colour and type(s). However, the ones we're going to be looking at are the cells next to the 'Stats' option. Here we can filter out Pokémon who are below or above a specific Base Stat. You will see 2 signs (>= and <=) These cells are where we search and filter out Base Stats of Pokémon (Some of the Base Stats here have been altered)

>= means 'Greater than or equal to'
<= means 'Less than or equal to'

This is the part where you decide yourself what you want to search for. Personally, I would be searching for Base Stats of 100 or more with Speed, Attack and Special Attack.
We can also sort Pokémon by Base Stat. At the bottom, next to 'Sorting' in the middle there is a long dropdown menu. This is how we can sort our Pokémon. Along with filtering Base Stats, we can just get the ones we want. For example if I was looking at Pokémon with a Base Stat greater than or equal to 110 in Attack, and we were filtering by Speed, all Pokémon with an Attack of Base Stat 110 and higher will appear, ordered by Speed.

I will go into more detail regarding this later on in the guide. But for now, this is how it works and that is all you need to know for now.

iv. IV's and Nature [IaN]

Right, so we've all heard of IV's, yes? A Pokémon may have 186 Total IV's, 31 in each stat. Vitamins (as previously mentioned) will increase an IV by 1, but will not allow you to exceed 31 IV's in a stat.
I cannot stress to you how important the IV's and Natures are. Yeah they may be unique, but they provide a 10% boost and decrease to certain stats (or none in some cases),depending on the Nature. High IV's in certain boosted stats could mean the difference between a win and a loss.
Study the Natures table hard. Use it to your advantage. You can find the Natures table in the Help Page, so there is no reason for me to type out the Natures Table for you. Go look at it. Understand it. Either you understand it, or don't bother reading this because it will be a waste of time.

Back to IV's and Nature, you'd be wanting to boost the stats that matter to a Pokémon. There are many useless things you could do. For example trying to get a Speedy Shuckle. Trying to get a Defensive Ninjask. It's just stupid, pointless and there is no need.
This is where the Pokédex Searching will come into play. You will be needing to search for some high Base Stat Pokémon. What you choose will be completely up to you. I'm not telling you what Pokémon to choose, merely trying to help guide you to get an insight of how things work.

Play around with the Pokédex. Look at different Pokémon, look at their stats and then decide which Nature would be best. Once you've decided, you're going to be needing to hatch eggs of these Pokémon, along with a stash of Pass Orbs to use on Influence Power. Once you're satisfied with your Pokémon, then move onto the next one.

QUOTE(How to work out the Maximum Stat)
This is the formula for working out the Maximum Stat of a Pokémon with a Beneficial Nature/Non Beneficial Nature:
CODE
[(Base Stat*2)+5+IV of Stat]*Nature Increase/Decrease

1.1 = Nature Increase
0.9 = Nature Decrease

So if I were to use a Luvdisc for example. I want to know the maximum Speed of 2 Luvdisc with different Speed IV's, but both with with a Speed boosting nature. One with 8 IV's in Speed and the other has 31 IV's in Speed. Luvdisc's Base Speed is 176. The first linked Luvdisc has 401 speed and the second linked Luvdisc has 426 speed.

[(176*2)+5+8]*1.1=401.5
This would round down to 401. You can see that the first linked Luvdisc has 401 Speed!

[(176*2)+5+31]*1.1=426.8
This would round down to 426. You can see that the second linked Luvdisc has 426 Speed! (The one I linked has 427 only because of a dodgy Vitamin boost; I can assure you it does round down.)

For a non-beneficial nature, simply not do not include the 1.1
For a negative boosting nature, replace 1.1 with 0.9

To find out the maximum stat with a choice item it is the same formula as the beneficial nature formula.
Multiply the answers by 1.5 and you'll get the stat with a choice item effect. (Only works with Speed, Attack and Special Attack)

Note, if you want to find out the Maximum Stat of a Pokémon with a Nature which neither increases or decreases a Stat, then just leave off the 1.1 or 0.9. If you're going to Choice Item it, then include that 1.5 or you'll get an incorrect result.

v. Pokémon Moves [PM]

In GPX+, Pokémon have either Strong or Weak moves. Single-Type Pokémon have both Strong and Weak moves of their type. Dual-Type Pokémon have Weak moves of both typings. Once again it is up to you to decide on what you want most.

I'm not going to name drop here. I've had people show me their teams and it consists of all Dual-Types. Yeah you have the coverage, but you lack the punch. You need to be able to move fast and hit hard. Strong Attacks will deal more damage to Pokémon than Weak attacks. If you have say, a Golem. That's x4 Weak to Water and Grass. Regardless if a Pokémon has a Weak or Strong Grass/Water move, it's still going to deal quite a bit of damage.
So you'll be wanting to get some strong moves in. By all means, I am a fan of Dual-Types myself, I use them too. But I use more Single-Types than Dual-Types. Only give Pokémon moves that they will use efficiently. Make sure you give the Physical Attackers Physical moves, and Special Attackers Special Moves.

The items I mentioned earlier; Type Gems and Choice Items. These will help immensely. Choice Items were pretty self explanatory, but the Type Gems have a little more to them than what they say.*
You may only equip a Pokémon with a Type Gem, under the circumstances that the Pokémon you're trying to equip the Type Gem to, does not receive a minimum of x2 damage to it. You cannot equip a Gyarados with an Electric Gem as Gyarados is x4 Weak to Electric Type moves. Most Grass Types cannot hold a Fire Gem, because they are weak to fire.

I've seen this a lot, and people use Type Gems for sneaky attacks. For example, I have run an Electric Gem Dugtrio at one point. Wipe out those Water types! Something I run right now, is a Ground Gem Galvantula. The Bug typing cancels out the x2 to Ground weakness, meaning it is possible to equip it with the Ground Gem. This enables me to cause more damage to Pokémon weak to Ground-Type attacks; such as Steel, Poison, Rock and Electric Types.

*I wouldn't bother with Quick Claws. Yeah they're fun when they activate, but it is purely luck based and it's incredibly silly to rely heavily on them.

vi. Making a Team [MaT]

This is where it gets more interesting. I will not tell you what Pokémon to use. I am going to list my own team to show you the Advantages and Disadvantages. Please take into consideration everything I have previously mentioned. If you want those Achievements and those Prize Points then please continue reading. Preferably you will be wanting a few Hard Hitting and Speedy Pokémon.

Another thing I would like to mention. This section is about making your own team of 6 to use against the NPC's. Not to make an NPC Team to battle other users. If you create a team for the NPC's (You do this under the Battle Subway tab, by pressing 'Submit a New Team!'). This is not how to make your team. All you do is send your Pokémon to the Battle Tower, and if you click on the 'View Battles' tab, there is a 'Manage Teams' button. This is where you can preset your team to use against the NPC's.

Firstly, I have stated you will be needing a mixture of Single and Dual Type Pokémon. These need to have decent IV's overall, the better stats being the necessary ones. I will show you the team that I currently run. This team has gotten my best streak to date of 667. If you want to check out their Base Stats search your Pokédex.

For weaknesses and general help with choosing, please read PkmHunter's contribution in the Tips sections!

My Current Team [Purely Example Base]:
Dugtrio
-Moves: Sand Tomb, Earthquake, Haze, Lucky Chant
-Nature: Naive [Boosts Speed, Lowers Special Defence]
-Item: Choice Band
-IV's 116
---
Jynx
-Moves: Confusion, Powder Snow, Haze, Recover
-Nature: Modest [Boosts Special Attack, Lowers Attack]
-Item: Choice Scarf
-IV's: 134
---
Darmanitan [Normal]
-Moves: Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Haze, Roar
-Nature: Adamant [Boosts Attack, Lowers Special Attack]
-IV's: 120
---
Haxorus
-Moves: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Haze, Lucky Chant
-Nature: Lonely [Boosts Attack, Lowers Defence]
-IV's: 149
---
Jolteon
-Moves: Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Haze, Recover
-Nature: Timid [Boosts Speed, Lowers Attack]
-Item: Choice Specs
-IV's: 112
---
Sawk
-Moves: Rock Smash, Close Combat, Haze, Mean Look
-Nature: Adamant [Boosts Attack, Lowers Special Attack]
-Item: Choice Scarf
-IV's: 140
---
That is my team. Look up their Base Stats if you want. Now the reason I have Choice Items on a certain few is because of their Base Attacks.
-Sawk is generally slow, and it has a pretty damn good Attack. So I gave it a Choice Scarf so its Speed would be boosted.
-Haxorus and Darmanitan don't have Choice Scarves, because I felt I would lose some of my punch if I gave them both Scarves.
-Jynx is Speedy and is able to take out most Dragon types with ease (The main reason I use it!)
-Jolteon is pretty Speedy and has a decent Special Attack, so Choice Specs.
-Dugtrio has ridiculous Speed so there's no point in increasing its Speed any further, hence the Choice Band.

vii. Tips [TI]

Just a few tips. These will probably be edited now and then.
  • Always try to counter your opponent. Don't sit there attacking with ineffective moves (unless you have to)
  • Don't be afraid to switch out. If you can counter, then do it. Just bear in mind the defence stats and what you're switching to. If you can predict the move, then take that into account.
  • If you have a Pokémon with a small amount of health left, I wouldn't bother with using it. Just use it until it faints.
  • Switch so you can power up. I do this with Galvantula. Once there is an Electric Type, I usually switch to Galvantula (if it isn't already out) Nasty Plot once or twice, and then use Mud Shot. Works like a charm.
  • From Tyranisaur: Also, don't be afraid to lose a pokemon if it's health is low and it has used most or all of its strong attacks already. The pokemon you want to switch to might take a heavy hit. With the high speed - high attack pokemon, they don't have good defence. So something like a dugtrio might be 1HkO'd by a stong fire move, but if you can switch it in after losing the previous pokemon, it'll most likely attack first and 1HKO the fire pokemon very easily.
  • From PkmHunter: Your opponent (the NPC) most likely uses Super Effective moves against you so it's vital to keep in mind your Pokemon's weaknesses in order to switch/minimise damages.

You can easily check your Pokemon's weaknesses at http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/.
    An easy way to browse through the list of 649 Pokemon is select the Pokemon's type you're looking and pick the Pokemon from the list.
    E.g. If I want to check Scizor's weaknesses, I'll click on Bug (or Steel) type then Ctrl+F to find Scizor on the list of Bug Pokemon.

If you're looking for a Novelty which the official Pokedex doesn't have, look for a Pokemon that has similar typings with that Novelty.
    E.g. If I want to check Dracowymsy Charge's weaknesses, I'll look for Zekrom.

I really do hope this guide helps someone out there. Or a lot of people. I am fully aware not everyone is good at battling (judging by the Gear Grinders etc). If you feel like I've missed something out, got an extra tip or maybe there's something that is misleading please let me know! Thanks for reading and I hope it does something for you!

Information cited from:
- GPX+ Wiki
- GPX+ Help Page; Battle Tower section

This post has been edited by Samoo: Jun 2 2013, 04:50 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 4 2013, 05:30 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

In my opinion, the nature and IVs of the pokemon isn't as important as some might make it look like, I have some pokemon with below par IVs and not a beneficial nature, that still manage to pack a punch. It's the typing and attacks that matter, of course the base stats play a part. Also, the way you play is really important. If you can deal damage with a x1 move, that might actually be a good idea, a hard hitting normal type might be just what you're missing on your team. Also, don't be afraid to lose a pokemon if it's health is low and it has used most or all of its strong attacks already. The pokemon you want to switch to might take a heavy hit. With the high speed - high attack pokemon, they don't have good defence. So something like a dugtrio might be 1HkO'd by a stong fire move, but if you can switch it in after losing the previous pokemon, it'll most likely attack first and 1HKO the fire pokemon very easily.

How well does a choice item really work on a dual type? I've been thinking that it would be beneficial to be able to just mix up the attacks without switching out the pokemon if you use one. When you first have a dual type pokemon, you might as well put moves like recover on it, and having a choice item at that point seems kind of strange. And the stat boosting moves/etc, that can't go well with choice items either, can it? The only thing I even have on some of my pokemon is haze, but if I do that, I won't have choice items. I prefer the simple style of just dealing damage. If someone tries to boost some stat, I might do a haze to made those rounds useless for that pokemon.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 4 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Jan 4 2013, 10:30 AM) *
In my opinion, the nature and IVs of the pokemon isn't as important as some might make it look like, I have some pokemon with below par IVs and not a beneficial nature, that still manage to pack a punch. It's the typing and attacks that matter, of course the base stats play a part. Also, the way you play is really important. If you can deal damage with a x1 move, that might actually be a good idea, a hard hitting normal type might be just what you're missing on your team. Also, don't be afraid to lose a pokemon if it's health is low and it has used most or all of its strong attacks already. The pokemon you want to switch to might take a heavy hit. With the high speed - high attack pokemon, they don't have good defence. So something like a dugtrio might be 1HkO'd by a stong fire move, but if you can switch it in after losing the previous pokemon, it'll most likely attack first and 1HKO the fire pokemon very easily.

How well does a choice item really work on a dual type? I've been thinking that it would be beneficial to be able to just mix up the attacks without switching out the pokemon if you use one. When you first have a dual type pokemon, you might as well put moves like recover on it, and having a choice item at that point seems kind of strange. And the stat boosting moves/etc, that can't go well with choice items either, can it? The only thing I even have on some of my pokemon is haze, but if I do that, I won't have choice items. I prefer the simple style of just dealing damage. If someone tries to boost some stat, I might do a haze to made those rounds useless for that pokemon.

Ehh that's your opinion I suppose. I'm just fond of the 10% increase when it comes to beneficial natures. Sometimes it could mean beating a Pokémon and losing a Pokémon, especially when it gets to about 2% health from one attack. A standard, non boosting/decreasing nature would be doing that, whereas a stat boosting nature could provide the extra 10% boost needed to beat the opponent's Pokémon. I do agree that it's the typing and attacks which play a part, as-well as base stats, I just think that if you don't use those base stats to your advantage (i.e good nature and good IV's) then you're not using the Pokémon to it's possible full potential. With the switching, that depends entirely on your team. I like to switch where it's necessary, preferably so I'm switching so the move is ineffective. E.g switching to Aerodactyl when a Ninjack attacks. Sometimes it is best to lose a Pokémon yes, if its HP is low then it'd best to lose it for the rest of the battle. Another thing with the switching, the main idea of it was to get people to switch when moves are ineffective (Sometimes, fighting an Aggron and using Outrage on Haxorus. It doesn't do much damage, so switching to Sawk asap provides a x4 counter before Aggeon has the chance to 'Power Up' if it has the moves)

Yeah, you can't really have stat boosting moves at all when using Choice Items. I believe the only time it works is during Rotation Battles (I haven't tried it, so I don't know). Most of the time, Haze, Lucky Chant etc are just fillers. I don't really use them that much, but sometimes I do need them, and it's quite handy to have just in-case. Other than that it's just attacking.

With moves like Recover vs Choice Items, it entirely depends on the Dual Type you're using. The ones I use have a pretty crappy defence, so once again, it's just a space filler (regarding Aerodactyl) hence why the Choice Item comes into play. If you're using a bulky dual type, then recover, stats boostsers etc would be more used.

@MiyukoKaioh: Ah yes. I should get add that in so people don't get confused! I know I mentioned it somewhere, but I don't think I did it clearly enough.

But thank you both happy.gif

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Jan 4 2013, 11:26 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 35 639

The Soul Reaper

The prizes are basically given at winning steak numbers as Sam well said above. Below are just the numbers I recorded myself which I got bored easily after 560 x.x.
Bold numbers indicate battle items, normal ones mean Vitamins. Hope this helps happy.gif

2, 7, 10, 13, 20, 21, 33, 42, 48, 58, 63, 75, 78, 92, 93, 108, 123, 138, 142, 153, 183, 192, 198, 213, 228, 242, 243, 273, 288, 292, 303, 333, 342, 348, 392, 408, 442, 453, 483, 492, 498, 528, 542, 559, 842, 843, 858, 873, 933, 942, 948, 978, 992, 993, 1008, 1023, 1098, 1113, 1128, 1143, 1158, 1188.

Note: Kindly excuse if I missed any happy.gif

EDIT: Sam, your Mummy's nature is lonely and would be perfect if it was Adamant :P

This post has been edited by PkmHunter: Jan 30 2013, 02:08 AM

--------------------

Please fix the NPC Bug reported since March 2011

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 4 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Jan 4 2013, 04:26 PM) *
The prizes are basically given at winning steak numbers as Sam well said above. Below are just the numbers I recorded myself which I got bored easily after 560 x.x.
Bold numbers indicate battle items, normal ones mean Vitamins. Hope this helps happy.gif

2, 7, 10, 13, 20, 21, 33, 42, 48, 58, 63, 75, 78, 92, 93, 108, 123, 138, 142, 153, 183, 192, 198, 213, 228, 242, 243, 273, 288, 292, 303, 333, 342, 348, 392, 408, 442, 453, 483, 492, 498, 528, 542, 559, etc.

Note: Kindly excuse if I missed any happy.gif

EDIT: Sam, your Mummy's nature is lonely and would be perfect if it was Adamant :P

Derp. I... should go change that lmao. Thx.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Yuni
post Jan 9 2013, 11:18 PM
Post #6

The Illusion of Sanity
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 679

My Keeper

THANK YOU for making this. I am utterly horrible at the Battle Subway, but your guide is helping me to figure it out. I'm trying to build a team similar to yours to get me used to fighting before I start trying different combos...but so far I only have Alakazam and Galvantula. However, just those two have been a MAJOR boost to my 'normal' fighters and have actually helped me win 5 Subway battles in a row. I'm still learning, but this reeeally helps.

--------------------

I drew my avatar. If you want to see the larger version, head on over to my DeviantART:
Yuni's Deviantart Gallery!

"It's like putting Megatron in a tutu and giving him the lead in Swan Lake. It just wouldn't work!"
~ Me, during a randomosity check
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 10 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Yuni @ Jan 10 2013, 04:18 AM) *
THANK YOU for making this. I am utterly horrible at the Battle Subway, but your guide is helping me to figure it out. I'm trying to build a team similar to yours to get me used to fighting before I start trying different combos...but so far I only have Alakazam and Galvantula. However, just those two have been a MAJOR boost to my 'normal' fighters and have actually helped me win 5 Subway battles in a row. I'm still learning, but this reeeally helps.

You're very welcome happy.gif If I can ask, what other Pokémon do you have on your team?
Moves, Natures, Items would be helpful too!

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Yuni
post Jan 10 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #8

The Illusion of Sanity
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 679

My Keeper

At this point in time, they're horrible, but I'm working with them. I don't have any items other than what I have on my Alakazam and my Galvantula, because I'm saving up for whatever my final team will be. The others on my current team are:

Froslass
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Ominous Wind, Ice Shard, Powder Snow, Mean Look
Items: None
IVs: 97

She's by far the 'lowest' on my team, but she can still pack a really heavy punch sometimes.

Gigalith
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Stone Edge, Ancientpower, Power Gem, Focus Energy
Items: None YET
IVs: 140

Shiftry
Nature: Timid
Moves: Pursuit, Snarl, Vine Whip, Swords Dance
IVs: 106

Hitmontop:
Nature: Calm
Moves: Rock Smash, Close Combat, Vacuum Wave, Focus Blast
IVs: 112

--------------------

I drew my avatar. If you want to see the larger version, head on over to my DeviantART:
Yuni's Deviantart Gallery!

"It's like putting Megatron in a tutu and giving him the lead in Swan Lake. It just wouldn't work!"
~ Me, during a randomosity check
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Jan 11 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 639

The Soul Reaper

QUOTE(Yuni @ Jan 10 2013, 10:57 PM) *
At this point in time, they're horrible, but I'm working with them. I don't have any items other than what I have on my Alakazam and my Galvantula, because I'm saving up for whatever my final team will be. The others on my current team are:

Froslass

She's by far the 'lowest' on my team, but she can still pack a really heavy punch sometimes.

Gigalith

Shiftry

Hitmontop:

There are a few issues with moves and natures of your Pokemon.

You should only pick either physical or special attacks for your Pokemon unless your Pokemon has equally distributed amount of base stats in both ATK and Sp.ATK (e.g. Deoxys ATK). This is to be more efficient to boost your Pokemon's performance to follow your strategies. With that being said, your moves should only be either physical or special-oriented and the natures should accompany that as the first post mentions.

That's the theory, let's move on to the real case now.
Gigalith should only have physical attacks to emphasize its monstrous base ATK stats of 160. Power Gem would not do anything good and it makes use of one valuable move spot. It should be Sword Dance or other boosting stats moves. For item, I think Recover or Quick Claw would fit.
Similarly, calm nature reduces Hitmontop's ATK which you should have instead focused on.

EDIT: Sam, the formula rounds up your stats i.e. your 31 IVs Luvdisc has 427 SPD, instead of the rounded down 426 grin.gif.
Sometimes, Quick Claw can be really annoying when equipped with slow but sturdy Pokemon who could take a few hits happy.gif

This post has been edited by PkmHunter: Jan 11 2013, 12:31 PM

--------------------

Please fix the NPC Bug reported since March 2011

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 12 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Jan 11 2013, 04:27 PM) *
QUOTE(Yuni @ Jan 10 2013, 10:57 PM) *

Froslass

Gigalith

Shiftry

Hitmontop:

There are a few issues with moves and natures of your Pokemon.

You should only pick either physical or special attacks for your Pokemon unless your Pokemon has equally distributed amount of base stats in both ATK and Sp.ATK (e.g. Deoxys ATK). This is to be more efficient to boost your Pokemon's performance to follow your strategies. With that being said, your moves should only be either physical or special-oriented and the natures should accompany that as the first post mentions.

That's the theory, let's move on to the real case now.
Gigalith should only have physical attacks to emphasize its monstrous base ATK stats of 160. Power Gem would not do anything good and it makes use of one valuable move spot. It should be Sword Dance or other boosting stats moves. For item, I think Recover or Quick Claw would fit.
Similarly, calm nature reduces Hitmontop's ATK which you should have instead focused on.

EDIT: Sam, the formula rounds up your stats i.e. your 31 IVs Luvdisc has 427 SPD, instead of the rounded down 426 grin.gif.
Sometimes, Quick Claw can be really annoying when equipped with slow but sturdy Pokemon who could take a few hits happy.gif

It rounds down. I got the info from multiple sources. It's only 427 because it glitched and has 32 speed IV's. It always rounds down, not up (google the mechanics for in-game stats - the samee principles apply here :P)

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Feb 2 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #11

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

Man, I've got to say, it's all thanks to this guide that I was able to get a pretty good streak grin.gif
I'm currently on battle 177, when my current record before that was about 80-90 c:

So far my team consists of;
Cradily - leftovers
rash (+sa -sd)
148 iv's
Magical leaf, Ancient power, nasty plot, recover
this thing is just a beast. he's pretty much just there as a staller to lower the other pokemons' hp if need be, and can take hits from just about anything effectively, i've found.

Darmanitan - choice band
hasty (+sp - de)
156 iv's
flame wheel, flare blitz, sword dance, recover.

Sigilyph - quick claw
lonely (+at -de)
125 iv's
Aerial ace, psycho cut, sword dance, recover
I'm currently searching for a better sigi with a good nature, so this one will be replaced eventually.
death fodder pretty much.

weavile - choice band
jolly (+spe -sa)
160 iv's
pursuit, ice shard, sword dance, recover

sawk - choice scarf
naughty (+at -sd)
128 iv's
rock smash, close combat, haze, mean look

Haxorus - choice band
lonely ( + at - def)
128 iv's
dragon claw, outrage, haze, recover

gotta say, this team has been pretty wonderful so far, I may just switch out sigi for another dual flying type, just not sure which one yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pizzakun
post Feb 3 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 129

Epicness

Thanks for the guide cat.gif
Once I form a good party, hopefully I can reach and obtain an exp share grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Iguana
post Feb 3 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #13

Flygon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 111

Active Squad

Thanks for the guide!
I'm having a hard time finding Pokemon with IVs good enough to use in battle.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 4 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Pizzakun @ Feb 4 2013, 12:06 AM) *
Thanks for the guide cat.gif
Once I form a good party, hopefully I can reach and obtain an exp share grin.gif

QUOTE(2 3 @ Feb 4 2013, 02:51 AM) *
Thanks for the guide!

if you need any more tips/opinions when you find a good team, post here and I'll offer some guidance happy.gif

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Feb 4 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #15

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

QUOTE(nokrow889 @ Feb 3 2013, 01:47 PM) *
my team consists of....

http://gpxplus.net/info/BikeK
http://gpxplus.net/info/cZOzD
http://gpxplus.net/info/mIWYK
http://gpxplus.net/info/JTZYK
http://gpxplus.net/info/YyyPK
http://gpxplus.net/info/dWNiK

yet every time i come across a ferrothorn i lose i cannot seem to beat them my ferrothorn cant seem to get the job done and keldeo has the only type advantage against it on my team but it also holds a type weakness to it so im currently at a loss on how to best those ferrothorns

EDIT--i am looking for a better alakazam then that one but it is what it is right now

this is my post from a question i posted elsewhere about beating ferrothorns and it has links to my team

anyway i am currently looking for a better abra and a darumaka but any other tips to help me team?

EDIT-- http://gpxplus.net/info/sxScm i got my abra that im using

This post has been edited by nokrow889: Feb 4 2013, 02:05 PM

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Iguana
post Feb 23 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #16

Flygon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Fiesta Larvesta @ Feb 4 2013, 09:17 AM) *
QUOTE(2 3 @ Feb 4 2013, 02:51 AM) *
Thanks for the guide!

if you need any more tips/opinions when you find a good team, post here and I'll offer some guidance happy.gif

Okay, so I'm using these:

http://gpxplus.net/info/xJhDq
http://gpxplus.net/info/MnqcE
http://gpxplus.net/info/vZAkE
http://gpxplus.net/info/AHuHm
http://gpxplus.net/info/gOuUE
http://gpxplus.net/info/VNYPE

I have a really hard time with dark and ghost types.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 24 2013, 07:19 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

@2 3: I think the only thing I can really suggest is to incorporate a Fighting type in there. I would advise keep Staraptor available to use when a Ghost type comes out (Ghost will do 1/4 Damage to Staraptor but its Normal type attack will do x2)

With Dark, however. The things that can counter dark are:

-Fighting
-Bug

Thankfully you don't have much of a choice, which can help, but the types that your team are weak against can be countered by Fighting (Ice, Dark, Rock and Steel)

Personally I would remove Beartic, reason being he's slow and most of the Pokémon used in the BS can easily counter him (Lots of Steel, Rock, Fighting and Fire types)

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Iguana
post Feb 24 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #18

Flygon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thank you! happy.gif I'll look for a fighting type to replace Beartic then.

Flareon is also pretty slow and I'm looking for a better fire type but for now I guess it's okay (because its attack is so high).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 25 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(2 3 @ Feb 24 2013, 06:06 PM) *
Thank you! happy.gif I'll look for a fighting type to replace Beartic then.

Flareon is also pretty slow and I'm looking for a better fire type but for now I guess it's okay (because its attack is so high).

If you want to increase Flareon's speed, a Choice Scarf could be handy happy.gif I use one on my Darmanitan (It has 397 attack) and it takes out quite a bit. Give it a try if you can and see if that improves things!

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Synchronise
post Mar 21 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #20

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

Yeah, that's right. I'M USING THIS THREAD. Mostly because I have some sort of mental block re: separating handheld metagame from GPX+ metagame.

This team got me to a 43-win streak and I'm decently confident it could have gone farther if a CERTAIN DOUBLE-CRIT PORYGON-Z hadn't knocked out a good portion of my team. Mostly I'm looking to see if there are better Pokemon (of same/similar types) I could use in place of what I have, species-wise. I can always hunt down better-IV'd Pokemon if the chosen Pokemon is good enough.

(By the way, I'm using SPE for Speed and SPD for Special Defense for the natures down below.)

Armaldo @ Choice Band
Lonely (+ATK/-DEF)
- Leech Life
- Rock Throw
- Agility
- Haze

The last two slots are filler. I use it mostly as a suicide lead. I've considered swapping out the Choice Band for a Ground Gem for insurance against Electric leads, but I like the boost I get from Choice Band.

Milotic @ Choice Specs
Hasty (+SPE/-DEF)
- Water Gun
- Surf
- Haze
- Lucky Chant

Last two slots are filler. I took a note out of Sam's book for this one on those filler moves. I'm not convinced that this is my best choice for a Water-type, but I do like the bulkiness. If I keep it, I'll have to re-hunt for one with better SPD IVs. Also considering Starmie, but I like the punch of Surf on this set. Thoughts on Milotic v. Starmie?

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid (+SPE/-ATK)
- Thundershock
- Thunderbolt
- Haze
- Lucky Chant

See above on filler. THANKS SAM. I've had surprising success with Raikou on this team. But maybe Manectric would be better; it gives me a lot of trouble in the Subway.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Naughty (+ATK/-SPD)
- Rock Smash
- Close Combat
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

Similar to the above except I chose to keep all four attack moves since Mienshao's SPA isn't actually that bad overall. Also because I occasionally remember which Pokemon are Special sponges and which aren't. I thought about Sawk, but...I dunno. I like Mienshao. Would Sawk be better?

Houndoom @ Bug Gem
Bashful (--/--)
- Silver Wind
- Snarl
- Ember
- Nasty Plot

HOLY CRAP IS THIS THING BEASTLY. If I keep it, obviously I'd re-hunt for a better nature. Probably Modest. The MAIN POINT of the Bug Gem, by the by, is to pick off Dark-types, since the other types Bug covers are also covered by Fire and Dark. Unless, of course, you can think of a better Gem?

Latios @ Ground Gem
Rash (+SPA/-SPD)
- Twister
- Confusion
- Mud Shot
- Nasty Plot

Another crazy surprise. This thing has won me a LOT of battles. Presumably that's because of its overall good IV spread, but just...MUD SHOT. Ground Gem is possibly one of the most useful Gems out there, and it lets me take care of Electric-types that otherwise get around me.

--

Honestly, only Electric-types have really given me trouble overall. I do have a Landorus I could use, though its IVs aren't the best, and I almost wonder if swapping out Latios and Milotic for Garchomp and Starmie wouldn't be a better idea.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:56 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.