Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
October Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Jen
post Sep 30 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

October Community Thread!

The September Community thread has been moved here.

If you're new here then don't be shy! The community thread is the place to come and chat with fellow members of the site who share a common interest with you. Talk about whatever you want, whether it's GPX related or something going on in your personal life, just be sure to read the rules first before posting. There's always someone on the forums to read and respond to your posts, so chat away and maybe you'll meet some great people!

Rules
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• Do not post your shinies here, there's a shiny thread for that. Discussing them is OK though! Just make sure you add content to your post.

• Make sure your post contains worthwhile content. If you're posting an exploration Pokémon to be fed berries then be sure to add other content to your post. Same with discussing shinies. Find people to reply to or start a discussion yourself! Your post must, with the shiny portion and berry feeding hypothetically removed*, not read as if you're talking to yourself. To clarify, your post should not be an out-loud thought to yourself, and should contain more general discussion than just information on your current shiny luck.

*if you were to read your post, skipping over any mention of shinies, the post should still sound like a good post.

If any posts are found breaking this rule then they will be instantly deleted and handed a 10% warn.

• Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that. This is mostly for raging at staff or site events that you don't like.

Hopefully helpful examples! (click to show)

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• Memes and Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but meme and gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! Make sure you put these in a spoiler tag.

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.

• If you'd like to advertise something, then be sure you put it in your signature. Youtube, Deviantart (No smut), Fanfication (No smut), Twitch, adoptable sites, your own minecraft servers are all fine. If you Live stream give a heads up that you're live, but be sure to add content. Don't just link dump. Send a PM if you have any questions about anything else!
Monthly Raffle

Nominations are now gone, and I'm using post count to determine how many entries you have into the raffle. The first 19 posts you have will count as one entry, and every ten after that will count as an extra. Think of it as the first number of your post count is how many entries you have. To see what your post count is, click on the number of replies any certain thread has. Nothing else on the site will influence the amount of entries you receive, so if you'd like a chance to win, then post here frequently!

The raffle is what chooses who gets to choose what's in next month's egg distribution. There are no other site advantages other than that, and even then the whole site gets a chance at that Pokémon that you chose!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Sep 30 2016, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

October Egg Distribution!

How to get an egg from this event
  • You must keep at least one slot open in your party.
  • You MUST have logged in sometime on GPX+ in the last two weeks.
  • You can not be in the restricted group.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES
  1. No, you do NOT have to be online at the time I am sending out eggs.
  2. These eggs do NOT show up in the Lab for the event. They are sent out randomly.
  3. There is ONE set shiny for each Pokémon, but every other egg has a regular chance of being shiny.
  4. If you obtain ONE of the eggs from this event, you will NOT be able to obtain another one from this same event. This means if you get an egg on day 1 of this event, you can't get an event egg from any other day during this event. By the way, abandoning an event egg does nothing. So if you get one you might as well keep it and be happy.
  5. If we find any accounts being made just to get eggs from the event then they will be immediately banned along with your main.
  6. If you were a winner of the raffle, your chosen Pokémon will be spawned into your party on the day of the event. It won't be forced shiny, but there's always a small chance just like any other egg! This will not count as an event egg and you can still receive one from the event.
  7. There is no guarantee that you'll receive an egg. There have been about 3k users online daily and there are only 1,750 eggs going out, so that at least gives you a little more than a 50% chance at getting something.
  8. Eggs chosen will not be available to pick from again for 3 months. If x egg was in the January egg distribution, then it can not be chosen again until April.
  9. The event runs at 4 p.m. server time.
Event dates and what's being handed out
  • October 2nd: Celebi - Winner: Snowsky - 350 eggs
  • October 3rd: Reshiram - Winner: Gym Leader Clay - 350 eggs
  • October 4th: A spooky scary Pokémon that appears in ancient cemetaries ~ Giratina ~ 350 eggs
  • October 5th: Was that a ghost, or a very powerful illusion you just saw? ~ Misquaza ~ 350 eggs
  • October 6th: Diancie - 700 eggs

Oct 3rd Edit:
I'm giving the third winner of the raffle one more day to reply. If they don't then we already have a pokemon in mind to fill it with, but it won't have the usual restrictions due to not being able to plan accordingly for it. Either way, everyone will have a chance to get the pokemon on the sixth whether or not you've already gotten one from this month's event, and I'll be sending out more than usual because of it. Sorry for any inconvenience. sweat.gif

Oct 4th Edit:
The distribution post has been updated for October 6th. If you missed my post yesterday, everyone is eligible for it even if you've already gotten an egg this month. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Sep 30 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #3

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

I'm back from a bit of a hiatus. I managed to get my SWSH poke in a day though, so that's pretty nice. Congrats to everyone who finished. Good luck next time Azurite.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cao
post Sep 30 2016, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 778

Active Squad

Failed to hatch a shiny. Oh well! I'll keep going. Cx

---

Really curious about the October 6th egg...
+Quote Post

eludicatorflame
post Sep 30 2016, 11:09 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 240 576

Active Squad

How come my luck is so great with pokemon I just am neutral about, but when it comes to my faves, I can never find a shiny quickly? laughs - i think it's pretty funny. That aside, I'm gonna do my best to get Celebi this month bc it's one of my fave Johto-gen legends nods

--------------------
+Quote Post

Munchlax
post Sep 30 2016, 11:10 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 953

Active Squad

Pinch, punch! First of the month! No returns! Ah,.. I doubt anyone heard of that one before. munchlax.gif

I'm tempted to guess the 4th is Zombidofo since its description mentions rising from the grave, but the hint of 'ancient' makes me think my guess is way off.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Sep 30 2016, 11:10 PM
Post #7

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

October and November are my favorite months of the year. Glad to see how this one is starting.

Got my shiny a while back, but right now back to working on the dex. Almost done with Unova!

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Esmee1993
post Sep 30 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 633

Active Squad

Failed to get a shiny. Hopefully the prize will be in the prize shop though... now for completing that burning disere and the kanto dex!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Sep 30 2016, 11:24 PM
Post #9

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Got my shiny for the SWSH so I'm happy about that. 418 Prize Points blargagh.gif.

October already, man time is flying fast, soon it'll be Halloween.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

CrazyUmbreonLady
post Sep 30 2016, 11:28 PM
Post #10

But that's none of my business.
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 129

The Dream Team!

The new egg voucher surprised me. The name implied that it's likely going to be a Rock-type Novelty. Probably a Budew Novelty? Can't be Anorith, and the concept of gemstones makes no sense for Hawlucha, so it has to be Budew. What are they doing with this little guy for its novelty version?

--------------------

Just a random girl doing stuff and things.

Task stuff (click to show)

+Quote Post

Targaryen
post Sep 30 2016, 11:29 PM
Post #11

Mother of Dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 261

Favorites

Happy to get my Budew for swsh. Is anyone doing special stuff for Halloween? I dont live in an area conducive to giving out candy sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Sep 30 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Munchlax @ Oct 1 2016, 12:10 AM) *
Pinch, punch! First of the month! No returns! Ah,.. I doubt anyone heard of that one before. munchlax.gif

I'm tempted to guess the 4th is Zombidofo since its description mentions rising from the grave, but the hint of 'ancient' makes me think my guess is way off.

The fourth is Girtatina. No clue what the fifth is supposed to be, since the only thing I can think of that fits is the Master of Illusion Mismagius and that one doesn't hatch from a Novelty egg.

And the SWSH prize is ... interesting. Hopefully, we won't have to wait TOO long before it's implemented.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zyxyz
post Sep 30 2016, 11:32 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 867

Active Squad

Well, I failed to start all three SWSH hunts during the month for the first time in a while... no shiny Roserade for me for a while, I guess, since there's no reason to do it anyway for the time being when it wouldn't give me a shard. At least I still have the SWSH prize to look forward to—from the name and description, I'm guessing we're finally getting Diancite, but a new novelty would be fine too.

I am a bit disappointed to learn that A Halloween Haunting isn't available until the end of the month, rather than the entire month like I had assumed (based off the Christmas explorations working that way), but I might still be able to fit in both special explorations and another DotW before it starts. I guess I'll just have to put off TBD until November...

Speaking of hauntings, I just found a shiny Duskull in the Safari! grin.gif I already had one, but more shinies is never a bad thing, and now I can leave this one unevolved to show off Duskull's adorable Plat/HGSS sprite (see below) while still having a sh. Dusknoir for the pokedex entries.

QUOTE(RicFule @ Sep 30 2016, 11:30 PM) *
The fourth is Girtatina. No clue what the fifth is supposed to be, since the only thing I can think of that fits is the Master of Illusion Mismagius and that one doesn't hatch from a Novelty egg.

It could also be Misquaza, but idk if it's possible for corrupted eggs to be in the monthly distribution...

This post has been edited by Zyxyz: Sep 30 2016, 11:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yum
post Sep 30 2016, 11:37 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 16 031

Yum in GPX+

Happy October!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reservoir
post Sep 30 2016, 11:38 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 161 762

Fanatic

General Pokémon:
October... Just a little more than a month and a half until Sun/Moon. I really wish it was sooner. );
I'm not sure what I'm hoping for in the October 4th news... At this point, I imagine it would be then or CoroCoro that we learn of a demo, if we're getting one. I'm kinddd of hoping that we don't, only because I'd like the entire experience to be completely new and fresh when the game launches. A demo would be pretty hype, I admit, but I'd prefer if demos would be reserved for remakes. I think it's really good for those to get people interested and get a feel for how the updated experience with the game/region/story would be, since some players tend to have a feel of "been there, done that."
By undeniable leaks or otherwise, I think the one thing I'd really like to know before I get started in the game, is what the starters will be like for their later (most especially, their final) evos. This would really help me out, since I'm kind of picky about my starter. I'd really hate to take a nature, a gender, and give a name that I end up thinking don't fit at all once I fully evolve it. :<

GPX+:
I'm upset. I put in a lot of work these past few days, but I did not manage to hatch a shiny. My Prize Points have gone down so much due to repeatedly needing to buy the SWSH prizes...
I'm rather curious as to what the prize(s) will be this time around.

As for the event eggs, I have to take a look around the dex to see if I can figure out any of the mystery ones. I'm mostly interested in filling out my dex, so anything novelty, special, or really rare is what I'll be trying for. Hopefully there's something that I need in one of the releases. Of course, I have to hope I receive the egg, too. :P

Shuffle:
This Beedrill competition is so luck-based. D; I'm trying to score as high as I can to get as many rewards as possible, but... My team can't really get much better without using up more resources than it's worth for just this one thing. I'm glad that a Poison-type mega is finally being released, at least. Now to hope it's not too long until we finally get a Flying-type mega. Just about all of the remaining options (without adding more options in the form of shinies and alternate versions like Winking) will be much appreciated, as long as the Mega Effects are nice. Some types really need it. Ground only has one option, Steel-type needs a strong mega that's not so situational, I'm hoping for a Fighting-type that's good at handling disruptions and can cause combos...

I don't expect much in the upcoming update, but perhaps there'll be a few nice 'mons to capture. If nothing else, there's a few form(e)s of some 'mons that I've been impatient to see added in. Most of anything, I want to see Meloetta finally added in (PLEASE BE GOOD.) Besides Volcanion, that's the only legend (not counting new Gen/Gen VII) to still not be in the game. ):
Oh,... and not so many repeats of frequently re-released 'mons, pleaseeee. T_T

--------------------
<333

GPX+:
VDex:
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Sep 30 2016, 11:38 PM
Post #16

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I was able to get my shiny Anorith after the first couple of days, so I got that out of the way rather quickly.

Not sure what I'm going to be doing for Halloween. We haven't given out any candy for the past couple of years so this one might be the same.

Hard to believe it's already October, now that I mention it. I'm doing Victini right now and I might do the Musketeer one next.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Kamizard
post Sep 30 2016, 11:42 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 175 046

Active Squad

For the first time since I returned from a six-month hiatus in December 2013, I've failed a SWSH. I've completed every single one since January 2014. 460 eggs and no shiny Budew. Doesn't help that I work on "normal people weekends", so I don't get to take full advantage of multipliers. Hopefully the prize will be in the shop. At least I've hoarded my prize points from every other SWSH and scavenger hunt I've completed.

But yay, it's October! One of my favorite months of the year. I work in retail, so it's also the last month of relative peace before everything starts to go crazy, haha.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 30 2016, 11:47 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(Esmee1993 @ Sep 30 2016, 09:17 PM) *
Failed to get a shiny. Hopefully the prize will be in the prize shop though... now for completing that burning disere and the kanto dex!

Right there with ya on that score, Esmee1993. Definitely wasn't for lack of trying though. 428 failed attempts to unearth a shiny bug. Gah. I knew going for the harder one first was a bad move. Hopefully I learned myself a lesson. *sad sigh*

Can't wait to find out what the prize was. I somehow managed to get some prize points, too, so I can use those towards a hopeful purchase of the prize. Not sure how I managed those points, but I'll snuggle 'em while I got 'em. LOL

Kamizard, I feel ya. I think this is the first SWSH I failed at since my return as well. While I haven't always gotten all 3 of the Pokemon, I have usually come out with one or two. This was a very hard, disappointing SWSH. It's gonna sting for a while. *considers moping* .. .. .. *decides against it* As you said, at least we hoarded our prize points (and I even got some more... ? ...) and, with any luck, the prize will be made available for purchase. Here's hoping!

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Sep 30 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #19

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

I took a bit of a break, but I remember the old community threads getting way more people the night they were posted. It seems inconceivable that this hasn't passed page one. Has something big happened that I'm unaware of?

I'm kind of unsure what to do now that I'm back. I have all of the Mega Stones, UG Flags, Arceus plates. I have a few leftover shine hunts on going that were originally started for shards, but they aren't needed anymore. At some point I need to finish the Unown exploration one more time. Once I get an Unown V, I'll simultaneously complete three different dex achievements. Anyone else here have goals that go beyond mass hoarding items? :P

--------------------
+Quote Post

CrazyUmbreonLady
post Sep 30 2016, 11:52 PM
Post #20

But that's none of my business.
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 129

The Dream Team!

And if anyone needs the new novelty, I can breed some with Novelty Power for a few days. I mean, the Daycare won't be of any need for me, since I'm going to cancel the Anorith hunt in a bit and Eevee eggs aren't that hard to find.

Anyways, I'm going to keep my party full around 4 p.m. server time until October 5th or 6th. I don't know, should I go for 5th or take a gamble with the 6th?

--------------------

Just a random girl doing stuff and things.

Task stuff (click to show)

+Quote Post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:17 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.