Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Remove Button on Mobile Site Daycare Page
Rating 5 V
TyraRegina
post Jul 8 2016, 07:55 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 155 971

Ghostly Friends

This morning, I checked my Daycare eggs on my cell phone. Normally, the only reason I use the mobile site is for the Mobile Walker, but this morning I needed to use it to check (and release) my Daycare eggs.

I have been working for quite a while to breed a shiny Bulbasaur Clone. My Daycare pair was a level 100 Ditto and a level 100 Venusaur Clone. When I went to check the eggs this morning, it was a batch of pure Bulbasaur eggs. Bummer.

As I was looking at the page, there was a very obvious "release" button at the bottom, so naturally I clicked it to let go of the eggs I didn't need. I did not think much of it.

Now, about two hours later, the pair in my Daycare has disappeared. Why? Apparently the prominent "release" button at the bottom of the page is to release the Pokemon in the Daycare, not the eggs!

My suggestion is to change this button/remove this button so that others don't accidentally release valuable Pokemon. This problem has only occurred for me on the mobile site.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Dec 2 2016, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

YIKES!! Yeah, this could end up in some big mistakes for a lot of people. I've almost hit the Release button a few times both on mobile (because the buttons are small) and on PC/desktop, because they're so close to the hatch/move buttons

I second this - change/remove the release button in the Daycare!

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 2 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #3

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

Okay, Initially I thought that this is obviously a good suggestion, and the button can lead to mistakes.
After that I checked out the mobile site, to see exactly how it works. Though I had to wait a bit for my next batch of eggs.

So here are my conclusions:
First of all, to release your pokémon, you first have to click "Release Pokémon" (because that's what is written on the button, not release), then your pokémon or "All", and then "Release". And maybe there's even a confirmation afterwards. I did not try.
Second, in the daycare you do not release your eggs, you donate them. Try to remember next time.

Third: The layout of the mobile site, is the same on a lot of pages. The release pokémon button is there in the same place on the party, mobile walker and daycare page. It's pretty obvious what it does. Especially with the move and change pokémon next to it.
I think the layout makes it obvious, that if you want to do something with the eggs, you should look at the top half, and if you want to do something with your pokémon you should look at the bottom half.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Dec 5 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #4

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 2 2016, 05:31 PM) *
Second, in the daycare you do not release your eggs, you donate them. Try to remember next time.

I think what happened is they ended up releasing their breeding pair, not donating the eggs?

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 5 2016, 06:58 PM
Post #5

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Dec 6 2016, 12:38 AM) *
QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 2 2016, 05:31 PM) *

I think what happened is they ended up releasing their breeding pair, not donating the eggs?

I know. That's why I told him that next time he should look for the word donate instead of release.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.