Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Legendary for all, A fair go
Dinosocks
post Aug 7 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #1

Epic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 94 958

Perfect Combo

Well i remember what it was like when i joined, looking through the profiles of others when i had but a few points and a vulpix with no items or upgrades and all i was looking at here and there were ho-ohs and lugias. my point is that everyone when they join should get at least one summoning item.

--------------------
WINWINWIN........WIN.................WINWINWIN........WIN............ WIN..................WINWIN...................WIN.............WIN.............. WIN...............WIN.......WIN...............WIN.............WIN.............. WINWIN......WIN............WIN.............WIN.............WIN............. WIN...........WINWINWINWIN..............WIN..............WIN............. WIN..........WIN..................WIN.........WIN..............WIN.............. WIN.........WIN....................WIN....WINWINWIN.......WINWINWIN

The Real Dinosocks grin.gif

Charmanderp!! o3o
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Aug 7 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #2

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

Why? They haven't done anything to deserve a legend. Summoning items are given out by random, the more active you are the more chances you have of finding one. You can buy one with hard earned points. Or you can get one from working on achievements. Legends aren't a free give-away. You need to work for it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post Aug 8 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #3

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 445

My faves

QUOTE(Hit The Floor @ Aug 8 2010, 12:20 AM) *
Why? They haven't done anything to deserve a legend. Summoning items are given out by random, the more active you are the more chances you have of finding one. You can buy one with hard earned points. Or you can get one from working on achievements. Legends aren't a free give-away. You need to work for it.

This.

Besides, a legend for everyone who just signs up might cause a lot of unhatched legend eggs in abandoned newbie accounts. Which might re-spawn the ever looming debate of purging accounts.

When you start out in official games, all you have is crap until you've played that game for quite a while unless you hack or transfer from another game. Why get a rarity for doing absolutely nothing but registering here?
(I know GPX =/= Official games, but just an example.)
Getting a legend is supposed to be special; even if we did hand out legends to newbies, would you really feel like you deserved it or earned it? Would it be as special?

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Aug 8 2010, 03:25 AM
Post #4

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

On the plus side, a new user may use it immediately not knowing what will happen because when I was new I sure as hell wouldn't have known what the item was for, let alone have successfully summoned (because of my lack of knowledge of the egg descriptions).

Other than that, the other two posters are right. If they haven't done anything to deserve it why should they just get it handed to them on a silver platter? There are some users who have been active on the site for a while now who haven't successfully summoned or even OWNED a summoning item at all. THEY'RE the ones who deserve what they get, not some random newbie who just passed their verification test.

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

RadiantFlame
post Aug 8 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 009

My team of Death

And knowing that hundreds or maybe even thousands of people will register each day and they get a summon item and use it will cause in super lag in the lab because of a lot of people refreshing all at once and people would also make multi accounts then summon and go back to their real accounts and refresh over and over

This post has been edited by RadiantFlame: Aug 8 2010, 03:32 AM

--------------------
Shinies and Legends!

+Quote Post

Ovechkin
post Aug 8 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #6

MONSTER!!!1
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 036

*whee*

You get a free summoning item as a achievement reward for being on GPX+ for a year.

That's fair enough.

--------------------
+Quote Post

unexistence
post Aug 8 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #7

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

What is this? PokeFarm? The site that holds your hand throughout the game?

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
post Aug 8 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #8

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

No, just no. When I signed up, my top priority was to fill in my egg dex, not get a legendary. I didn't feel I was worthy of one for some time. I had hoped to get event eggs of course, but I wasn't going to hold my breath. Plus, this would be very unfair to those who signed up some time ago and have yet to get one. So no. This is a horrible idea.

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

Celestrina
post Aug 8 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 583

Active Squad

QUOTE(RadiantFlame @ Aug 8 2010, 04:32 AM) *
And knowing that hundreds or maybe even thousands of people will register each day and they get a summon item and use it will cause in super lag in the lab because of a lot of people refreshing all at once and people would also make multi accounts then summon and go back to their real accounts and refresh over and over

^this.

The lag would make it more difficult for everyone and it would create a huge uproar among the members who have been here a long time.

Part of any game is to work for the higher prized items, not just be handed them to you on a silver platter as soon as you join.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shadow X
post Aug 8 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 823

Active Squad

No, just no. Pointless idea.

--------------------
+Quote Post

koolchick
post Aug 8 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

Why should people who join now get free summoning item just for joining when there will be people who joined earlyer than them who have still yet to find a summoning item or get a legendary?

I joined in May last year and was desperate for my 1st legendary but no one gave me one and the 1st 3 summoning items I got I used and knew each egg description but missed them purely because the summoning system was unfair at the time when the egg appeared in lab after 5 minutes and everyone could see it as soon as it went in the lab so hardly anyone got their own summon. Now its MUCH easyer to get an egg you summon. I got my first legendary in late September 4 and half month after I joined and it was Manaphy from the little egg which is probably the easyest legendary to get. This was even with leaving a space in party for every event except the Bidofo one which I didn't know about til after. I'm sure there are other members that have had to wait as long as me for their first legendary who were not just given one as soon as they joined.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lup
post Aug 8 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 452

Active Squad

I know I felt bad when I didn't have a legend when I started off and I was clicking. But then I got over it because I found three of them in the shelter recently, three of my favorites mind you. I got a Manaphy before I'd even been on 100 days. (And then traded it for a Giratina.)

So, no. If they want a legend right off the bat they can sit in front of the shelter and refresh for an hour. There. Problem solved. Someone else didn't want it, you do. Here you go. Shelter legends pop up a LOT more than you think they do.

This post has been edited by Arkie: Aug 8 2010, 07:36 PM
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Aug 9 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #13

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

No. Work for your Legendaries like everybody else.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.