Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Lopsided Leviathan of Languid Lenoilia
Toogee
post Jan 28 2011, 07:01 AM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Furoh Blog Entry #8)
Delayed

This trip is taking a tad longer than I thought. I know Furoh is a huge place, but when you need to get somewhere, the distance seems even larger. I’m not saying that I’m not enjoying it though. I’ve seen some pretty neat places on my journey.

A few days ago, Douken and I visited Loch Ranch, a huge place where your stored pokemon can roam outside. They had all kinds of habitats to suit every resident and even a hatchery. The Loch family was an amazing host. They’ll serve great food, and they’ll give you work if you decide to pay them back. We were picking up eggs to transport back to the hatchery, going to a couple of different habitats. We didn’t even get to the others before the day ended. It’s that huge!

There were a couple of things that surprised me during the visit. One was a visit from Justin. I met him back at Under Hill. He seemed to be in a rough patch when he arrived, but he was in good spirits when he was around...well, me. It’s a bit complicated…

That night, our second surprise came for a visit: a strange group of cultists calling themselves “Darkrai’s Disciples”. They were on some mission to set all the pokemon free and then started this big battle. Luckily, the pokemon had different plans and chased them off. The disturbances caused a tauros stampede that I happened to got stuck in. That’s when Fenrir came to the rescue. He evolved into an arcanine! He’s huge! In fact, he’s big enough to ride on, which makes traveling much easier.
After we departed, there was a snorlax pile-up on one of the roads and we had to find another route. That took a few days out of our journey. Right now, I’m typing this up from a rest stop. I think we’ll be heading out soon.

No more delays! Petropolis, here we come!

-Pan

One hour later…

A storm was coming…

Dark clouds were gathering in the distance. They rolled over each other like ocean waves turned by a tempest. Underneath the clouds, a giant waterfall of rain drops drenched the countryside. Streams of lightning leaped through the sky, illuminating the otherwise dark surroundings. This furious force of nature bellowed with a thousand beasts to let everyone in the vicinity know of its coming. Beautiful in appearance but terrible in power, the thunderstorm marched eastward across Furoh.

Far from its influence, Pan watched the storm through the lens of her camera. She sat upon her arcanine Fenrir, who was reasonably apprehensive of the drenching rainfall making its way towards them. Chi-Chi was the complete opposite: the increased electrical activity in the air made the squirrel pokemon far more active. She stood on her hind legs on top of the arcanine’s head, her cheeks starting to crackle with energy. Poor Lima, however, was clinging onto Pan’s stomach for dear life, terrified of the new sounds and flashes of light. The cleffa had never seen anything like this underground.

“Don’t worry about it. That storm’s still miles away.” The woman took a break from taking pictures in order to stroke the arcanine’s mane with one hand, while wrapping her other arm around her cleffa. Unlike the pokemon, Pan was both amazed and a bit disappointed. She loved being out here to witness this natural wonder, but that meant she would once again be delayed in arriving in Petropolis. There was no way they could travel through its fury.

Their only option would be to rest in a nearby city. This city was in no way a safe haven. It was a land poisoned by the buildup of pollution over the years. The majority of the city was ruled by rowdy gangs and packs of dark pokemon. There was only a fool’s chance that the lives of the remaining citizenry would ever improve, especially after recent events. Even then, the aforementioned citizenry consisted of outlaws, criminals, and outcasts, an unlikely bunch to start the rebirth of this once great city.

Pan and her pokemon stood at the crossroads: one path lead to Petropolis, while the other led to the dilapidated city of Lenoilia. She read from all sorts of travel guides to stay far away from this dangerous place, Furoh’s dark underbelly. She knew there was no choice, but that didn’t mean she had to make the decision alone.

Pan whistled loudly to signal her partner to come back down to earth. Douken Sota had been practicing flight upon his newest capture, a skarmory. So far, there had been more successes than failures, though those failures tend to leave more lasting marks in the form of cuts and bruises. Once Douken landed, Pan approached him and told him of the situation.

“Douken, we’re going to need to take shelter,” Pan said, turning her head to the god-forsaken city of Lenoilia.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jan 29 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #2

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Obtaining the ability of flight felt amazing. Now only did he get to move faster, but he wasn't turned away by the dangers of the terrain. Even with a Snorlax build up, he could of flown right over it, and he could of been down at Petropolis right now, if it wasn't for a couple factors. For one, Pan was still grounded with Fenrir and his new-found speed upon evolution, so she couldn't get around it as easily. As for two and three, those factors laid within Sabre, his Skarmory. If he wasn't tired from the weight he had to carry, he was forcing himself to crash, making sure Douken took most of the hit (didn't mean he didn't crash unintentionally). Sure, Douken keeps telling him that its good for his training (when used to the weight, he will feel lighter without Douken, making him faster and stronger), but he still has to believe what he hears. In due time, he'll know.

With Sabre hovering in the air, flapping his wings to keep steady, Douken watched from above as the storm came closer. "That looks nasty," he told himself before Pan whistled to him, telling him to land. Patting the Armored Bird's neck, he told him, "Alright, time for a rest. This time, don't nosedive the floor." Flapping less often, the bird lowered down to ground level, landing before Douken got off, retreating Sabre back to his Pokeball to rest up from the flight.

"Looks like it's coming pretty fast," he told Pan, staring at the sky before looking up at her. When she stated they had to take shelter, he could not help himself from looking at the city she was. Curious, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his Pokegear, opening up into the Map section. After finding where they were, he traced down to where it was. "Lenolia, right?" he said, making sure that was the right place. "Doesn't look like a healthy history, but we still have a few miles before we hit Petropolis, and I don't think trusting luck on a cave down the way would be a good idea. Hopefully, they got a Center we can use. We can rest up 'til the storm passes, then be on our way." And by the bio he read, that would be on a good day. "So how about I hop on up there so we both get there quicker?"

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 29 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

As Justin and Nate walked together towards the exit of Arasam after a quick stop at a PokeMart in preparation for their long trip back to Petropolis to report that they failed their most recent mission, they were cut off by two women and a man. They were dressed fairly casually, but they did have a look of authority about them, even though they were only in their mid twenties. One of the women, a tall brunette, was in the center. Each of them had a few pokeballs on their belts.

"Going somewhere?" the woman asked.

"Uh, yeah," Justin nodded slowly, pointedly not asking for her permission to do so as he kept walking.

"You're gonna wanna take a few steps back, Mr. Smart,"

He stopped. She knew his name? "So, I take it you're-"

"Much higher up on the ladder than you," she continued. Justin nodded and took a step back so that there was some distance between him and his partner, and the other three. "The money?" she asked after a second.

"The money," Justin nodded, looking at the floor. "It's gone."

There was a tense silence. "Gone?" the woman asked. "Care to elaborate?" She did not look pleased.

"It was a trap," Justin said. "There were five men and each of them was armed with a pokemon. They took the package and refused to pay up. They threatened our lives."

The man to the woman's left spoke up, "Pen, isn't this the guy with the Hitmontop?"

"Yes," Pen, the brunette, nodded. "Your Hitmontop is supposed to be very powerful. How did you fail?"

"So you knew?" Nate asked, somewhat angry. "You knew they would try to betray us, and that's why you sent us, because you knew Justin had a strong pokemon? We could have been killed!"

"I'm not the ones making these decisions, Guzman," Pen shrugged. "In any case, you two just sit tight. I've got a phone call to make." She took a few steps back and allowed her companions to step forward and stand awkwardly in front of Justin and Nate as she pulled out a cell phone and dialed the number. After a few seconds of the phone to her ear, she spoke, "Penelope Costa, Unit 41. Thank you." A few more moments of silence. "Yes sir, he's right here. He failed. Okay. I-wh-" she seemed concerned and confused for a moment. "Yes sir. I'll get them there right away."

She hung up the phone and walked back up to Justin and Nate. "Seeing as how you're already the lowest unit we have to offer, a demotion just wouldn't cut it. I was thinking you'd just get expelled, but these guys want you on a different mission."

"What?" Justin asked.

"You're going to Lenoilia."

"That's, uh," Justin looked up as he tried to picture the map of Furoh. "South of here, right?"

"Yeah," Pen replied. "Your mission will be to scout out the town for a day and then a VIP will be flying in. After that, you'll be guarding him. I guess they figured being a bodyguard is perfectly suited to someone who is very strong but very incompetent."

"Hey screw you, lady,"

"Come on, you know it's true," Pen shrugged, unphased by Justin's intimidating size. "Anyway, he's arriving tomorrow, so you'll need to get started today."

"Um, we don't have a car."

"I'm well aware of that," Pen nodded. "You'll be taking helicopter."

"Heli-Are you serious?" Nate asked, trying way too hard to cover up his joy.

"Yes," Pen rolled her eyes. "You'll be there by noon."

A little before Noon

"We're gonna have to let you out here," the pilot said as the helicopter slowed down and dropped altitude. "There's a storm coming from the west and we need to get back to Arasam before it catches up."

"No problem!" Justin shouted back. It was very difficult to hear. And so, the chopper dropped the two off near a pond about a mile outside of Lenoilia. As it flew back north, Justin moved his hand from left to right on his belt, checking to make sure all of his pokeballs were there. Hitmontop, Nincada, Sudowoodo and...Pinsir. Unfortunately, all four were there.

"That place looks more polluted than Petropolis," Nate noted.

"Yeah," Justin agreed looking at the ominous city in front of them. Then he looked to the right to see the lake, apparently far enough away from the city to not be contaminated by its filth. There were pokemon of all types peacefully enjoying the water. "Enjoy this sight now while you still can," he sighed.

"Whoa!" Nate exclaimed, hitting Justin's shoulder repeatedly to get his attention.

"What?"

"Check it out, dude!" He pointed to a little Eevee within a pack of Poochyena who were all enjoying the cool water. In the pack was a single Mightyena, the alpha male, four Poochyena, the Eevee, a Growlithe and a Houndour. The eight pokemon were enjoying themselves under a tree just near the edge of the pond and it was clear they were all in the same pack because they were all welcome under the same shade. When an Ekans made the mistake of crossing the threshold into that darkness, the Mightyena stood up and growled, forcing it away. It was an adorable pack of puppy misfits and outcasts, though it was clear that Eevee was the misfit among them.

While Growlithe and Houndour were resting near each other, a fair distance away from the water, and all the Poochyena were chasing each other and wrestling around under the shade, Eevee was resting the furthest away from any of them, just looking at its own reflection in the water.

"Eevee are rare," Nate noted. "I'm gonna catch it."

"I wouldn't," Justin shook his head. "Look dude, it's part of that pack of dogs."

"Uhh, yeah, barely," Nate shrugged. "Like any of those badasses are gonna miss the dainty little eevee."

"They accepted it into their pack," Justin insisted, "Meaning you're not gonna get it without fighting all of them."

Nate sighed, but then shook his head. He walked over to the shade of the tree, but stayed outside the perimeter. Mightyena stood up and stared him down, territorially, but did not attack. Nate got down on his knees and made clicking sounds with his tongue. "Come here, Eevee. Come here,"

Eevee looked up from the pond and over to Nate, who was smiling gently at it. It seemed to enjoy the positive attention, and so began hopping over to where Nate was standing, outside the shade. As it started to do that, Mightyena jumped over the Poochyena, who had stopped wrestling to join their alpha in staring Nate down. The fully grown dog stood between Nate and Eevee.

Nate stood up immediately and took a few steps back. He pulled out Pinch's pokeball instinctively and as Mightyena approached him, even venturing to leave the shaded area, he decided it was going to erupt in a battle. Out came Pinch the Krabby.

Even still, Mightyena would not make the first move. It stood proud and intimidating, staring Pinch down and continuing to growl.

"Leave us," the Mightyena said to Pinch.

"You need to back away from my human," Pinch retorted, defiantly. "Then I'll leave."

"Your human wants to capture one of my pups,"

"Well then you better let him, because he's got three other very powerful pokemon. Any one of us could take you down."

"Me and you, Krabby. We fight. I'm sick of your lip."

Justin just rolled his eyes as the fight erupted. He walked over to the edge of the pond a fair distance away from that battle to enjoy all the less violent pokemon. He called out Nincada as he sat down, criss cross apple sauce, on the dirt and cringed as she crawled up his back and rested on his shoulder. He was used to it by now.

He watched as a Fearow, perched on a different tree, swooped in as a Remoraid leaped into the air from the water. It almost seemed like a taunt, though, as it made it back into the water before Fearow was able to strike. The bird flew back up into the air and hovered above the water for a bit, just looking down. It flew back towards the tree, but halfway there, it immediately turned back around and charged into the water again as what looked like the very same Remoraid made another taunting leap. This time, it was less successful.

Fearow gripped Remoraid in its sharp beak and began to fly back up to the tree with the fish squirming all about in its mouth. Justin just watched observantly with his eyebrows raised as a rock flew out of seemingly nowhere and knocked the Fearow on the head, causing it to drop the fish. It had managed to get a good distance, though, and so Remoraid landed, not in the water, but on the ground near it. Flopping about awkwardly, it was actually pushing itself further away from the water.

Once Fearow had flown away, giving up on the fish who was guarded by some sort of rock beast within the water, Justin decided to help the little guy out. He stood up and walked around the water and began pushing it with his right foot back towards the water. That was when another rock shot out from the water. Justin dodged it, but it hit Nincada square in the face, knocking her off her trainer. "No!" he yelled, angry at himself for letting that happen. "What the hell is that?"

He gave the Remoraid a solid kick, finally knocking it back into the water and went to kneel down near Nincada. "You okay, girl?"

"Cad...A," she said, slowly pulling herself to her weak little feet.

"It's okay, we'll get you healed up," he stood up and called her back into his pokeball. Whatever it was, its rock attacks wouldn't be very effective against Sudowoodo, a rock type himself, with particularly strong defense. Out came Brodowoodo, a nickname Justin had been seriously contemplating. "There's something in the water, bud," he said, pointing to where the rocks were coming from. "I don't know what it is, though."

As Sudowoodo prepared himself for a huge, scary monster, an orange sphere appeared near the edge of the water. As it moved closer towards the shore, more of the Octillery became visible until it was clear they were facing an Octillery. "Octillery can shoot rocks?" Justin asked, unaware. "Sudowoodo, use, um," he pulled out his brand new pokedex which he just bought to catch up on his pokemons' moves.

Apparently it recently learned the grass type move, Wood Hammer. Justin was no expert at pokemon, but he knew that grass beat water. "Wood Hammer, Sudowood-," he paused for a second as he watched Octillery shoot a fast paced beam of bubbles, pushing the rocky tree back many spaces and dealing significant damage to him. "Oh." He shook his head, determined. "Keep going, bro!"

Sudowoodo was trying so hard, walking forward slowly through the endless stream of bubbles, taking damage all the while. He was taking too much and dishing out so little, it wasn't going to work. He didn't want to call him back though. The dude needed a confidence booster. One good hit from Wood Hammer should be enough to knock this Octillery out, given that it was extremely powerful. It didn't happen, though. Justin's plan of boosting Sudowoodo's confidence backfired when he was actually knocked out completely. As Octillery turned its cannon mouth to Justin, anger happened. "You done fucked with the wrong trainer," he said, summoning Hitmontop.

"Fake Out!" he said, nodding. Before Octillery could use that stupid annoying Bubblebeam, Hitmontop charged forward and knocked it back just by clapping its feet in front of it. It actually did a really significant amount of damage given his apparent level advantage, on top of Technician. Hitmontop seemed ready to follow up with Mach Punch, as was Justin's staple starting strategy, but Justin just shook his head and pulled out one of the five pokeballs he recently bought in order to fill out the rest of his team (with a few extras just in case). He tossed it at Octillery, who was just pulling itself up to its eight tentacles as it went inside the ball.

Wiggle.

"Yes..."

Wiggle.

"Come on."

Wiggle.

"..."

Poof! The ball flew to the side, broken in half, revealing an angry looking Octillery, who shot a beam of bubbles at Hitmontop. Justin just shook his head as his boy took a minimal amount of damage and threw another ball.

Wiggle. Wiggle. Wiggle. Ding!

"Got you, you son of a bitch!" He walked over and picked up the ball, looking at it triumphantly. This was the second pokemon he'd caught himself. Hitmontop and Sudowoodo were gifts and Pinsir was...More like a curse, but he was given to him as well. Nincada was his first and only capture up until then. Smiling, he pulled out his pokedes again and scanned the ball.

"Octillery, the Jet Pokemon. This Octillery is male, level 30 and has the ability Suction Cups. Here is a list of his attacks:"

On the screen, there was a list, as promised.

Lock On - Normal
Gunk Shot - Poison
Rock Blast - Rock - The attack it was using to protect Remoraid.
Water Gun - Water
Constrict - Normal
Psybeam - Psychic
Aurora Beam - Ice
Bubblebeam - Water
Focus Energy - Normal
Octazooka - Water
Bullet Seed - Grass

"Wow," Justin scratched his head. "This thing knows a lot of moves."

"Got it!" Nate came running over. "After Pinch and Mightyena exchanged a few attacks, it sort of humbled down to me and allowed Eevee to join. Eevee didn't even try to fight it."

"Nice," Justin shrugged. "You gonna name it?"

"Yeah," Nate nodded. "Gonna name him Whip."

"Whip?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, his first move is Tail Whip, so there it is."

"Cool, man," Justin nodded. "Well I just caught me an Octillery. Gonna keep its name as Octillery. It's really cool, knows a shitton of moves."

"Nice!" Nate raised his hand to high five Justin, who reluctantly reciprocated. "We should probably get to the city."

"Yeah," Justin sighed, looking at the city in the distance. Stupid helicopter. Stupid storm.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 29 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Hop on,” Pan said as Fenrir kneeled down. "Where to, Miss Daisy?"

She reached out to Douken’s hand to assist him up, the young trainer sitting behind her. Pan was more than happy to have Douken travel with her. He could have easily left her behind while he flew to Petropolis. Trainers were all about getting those badges, right? Maybe Douken liked having a constant human companion to travel with? They had been through a lot together; certainly there would be more adventures to be had. She was glad to make his travels a bit more interesting.

Of course, the risks involved in flying through a lightning on top of a giant metal bird probably played a role in sticking around with her. Perhaps, but Pan preferred to think it was more of the former. She returned her frightened cleffa back into her pokeball and Chi-Chi back to her vest before approaching Lenoilia.

As they rode upon the path toward Lenoilia, Pan and Douken crossed a “border”, a clear separation between living grass and the yellow turf poisoned by excess pollution. The path was downhill, meaning the living foliage was on a hill and less exposed to Lenoilia’s ground water. The two also passed by what appeared to be a large billboard. Judging from the condition of the wood poles, it appeared to have been set up not long after the city’s founding. It was rather difficult to decipher: years of graffiti had taken its toll.

“Welcome to Lenoilia,” Pan said after staring at the sign for a few seconds. The byline was even more obscured, though it appeared several residents made attempts to make it more…creative.

Finally, the team had arrived on the cobblestone streets of Lenoilia. If one looked past the grime and debris, one could tell this was once an artist’s paradise. Elaborate architecture depicted everything from foliage to angels to various bird pokemon. Each brick that made up the street had a carving of all sorts of scenes. These were as simple as stick figures walking together, or as elaborate as a crisp sunset set behind a magnificent pidgeot. It must have been a painstaking process to build the city, but the results must have been spectacular. Nowadays, those features were worn away, cracked, covered with graffiti, or in some other state of disrepair.

Artwork wasn’t currently on the mind of Pandora Gibbs, however.

People were heading back indoors at the roar of motorcycles echoed through the alleys. Fevered heckles followed soon after. A bike gang was raising trouble unchecked, throwing bricks at what remaining shops remained opened. Their rampage only stopped upon seeing the two visitors enter the city.

“Well well,” said the leader of the gang, “fresh blood.”

In reaction, Fenrir turned to the group and gave a mighty roar. Most of the riders jerked back at the mighty arcanine. One actually fell off his bike.

“That’s as far as you go,” Pan threatened, Turnip’s pokeball gripped in her hand. And here she was hoping to relax for once. However, it appeared her arrival in Lenoilia would begin with a heated battle.

The leader simply smirked as more motorcycles rushed onto the scene. There was no way Pan and Douken could take them all.

“You kids picked a bad time to visit. This is Burro’s city, and he loves to see new trainers. Why don’t we go meet him?”

“Sorry, gonna have to take a raincheck,” Pan responded before turning her head to Douken.

“Hang on Douken.”

That was the only warning the boy would get before Fenrir leaped over a pair of motorcyclists and dashed down the street. It wasn’t long before the gang revved into action, giving chase to the targets.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jan 29 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

PANE

Douken watched on the back of the giant dog, staring down at the bikers in front. Clearly, this was far from the safest city. With all the pollution and graffiti, it was clear this place fit the current description: full of poisonous and shady types of beings, Pokemon and human alike, and this gang was no exception. With one hand keeping a firm grip as he watched, his other was hovered above Koldo's Pokeball, knowing the Croagunk could easily take advantage of such a situation.

With the leap above, Douken turned his head to watch the gang turn around and give chase. Normally, a good speedy move could escape them, but in a city like this, people had to be a bit concerned over what was around the other corner... unless it was your own people assisting in an ambush. With his free hand moving down his belt, he grabbed a different ball and held it out to the sky, saying, "Sabre, we need some help!" The ball bursting open in his hand, the armored bird flew right next to the dog. Sure, he promised him rest, but they needed to slow them down without effecting their own speed.

"Sabre, think you can give them a nice stall?" Nodding, the Skarmory turned around as his wings gave a slight glow at the fine lines of his wings before giving out a set of flaps, littering the floor with sharp metal Spikes for the bikers to run over, letting them get flats and hopefully get a pile up. With a good distraction set, Douken returned the bird back to his ball and turned back to Pan. "Alright, let's hit the Center before anyone else decides to intervene."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 30 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #6

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin and Nate were met with a very similar introduction when they finally made it into the city. For the middle of the day, it was awful dark. Their first destination was, naturally, the nearest pokemon center since Justin's pokemon had taken some damage. There was a bar near where they came in, so they decided to ask there. Suspiciously looking at all the bikes outside, they entered. Why there were a bunch of bikes outside a bar in the middle of the day they had no idea.

It was quite the intimidating sight when they entered, but ever since Hitmontop evolved, he found it hard to fear for his own safety. There were about a dozen large men in leather sitting at the bar and throughout the tables. They walked over to the bar to ask the bartender, who was clearly one of them as well. "Hey man," Justin raised his head to the guy, "We're looking for a pokemon center."

"Why's that?" the biker nearest him asked, turning around on his bar stool. "You got injured pokemon? New in town?"

Justin's hand went down to his belt to cup Hitmontop's pokeball. "I don't think I was talking to you," he said, aggressively.

"You got quite a lip on you, boy," the man stood up, garnering the attention of the rest of the bar. His size was impressive, though it wasn't all muscle. He was quite overweight. "So, how 'bout them pokemon? Are they strong?"

"Oh yeah," Justin nodded. "But they're not for sale."

"No problem," the guy smiled, "I ain't got any extra money anyway."

"Well, I guess that explains why you're drinking pisswater," Justin nodded his head towards the man's beer."

The man wasted no time. He swung at Justin's face. Justin pushed the slow moving attack to the side with his left arm and countered with a jab to the man's face. He grunted as he took a few steps back and the entire bar stood up, prepared to retaliate.

"Yo, Justin, I don't think we were supposed to come here to start a fight,"

"I don't think we could have avoided it, Nate," Justin shook his head. "These guys runt he town."

"You're damn straight we do!" the same man walked forward, holding the other bikers back as he pulled out a pokemon. "This one's mine, boys,"

To Justin's relief, the man insisted on a one on one battle. He pulled out Hitmontop's pokeball, naturally, and stood back, arms crossed, as the fighting pokemon spun around on his head. The biker's pokemon was a very angry looking Grumpig. "Hitmontop, Detect!" he yelled as his opponent shouted, "War Pig, Psybeam!"

As Hitmontop spun around the attack, Justin followed up immediately. "Hitmontop, Sucker Punch!" he yelled, entirely aware Hitmontop did not know this move. When the fighting pokemon looked at Justin, somewhat confused, Justin just nodded. As Hitmontop spun towards War Pig, oblivious as to what he was going to do when he got there, the biker cursed and held his pokeball to his pokeball, preparing to call him back to avoid the powerful dark attack. "Now! Pursuit!" Justin yelled.

As War Pig was engulfed in the pokeball's light, Hitmontop charged in a powerful and dark force, pulling him out of the pokeball and throwing him on the ground. "Quick Attack!" Justin yelled. Before the biker could even issue another command, Hitmontop spun around yet again and landed a very precise attack, finishing him off.

The biker was angry. Calling back War Pig, he sent out his next pokemon, a Roserade. "Sweet Leaf!" he shouted, "Use Extrasensory!" Justin, simultaneously, told Hitmontop to use Detect, so he dodged the powerful psychic attack. This was bad news. Extrasensory would do a lot to Hitmontop, but he didn't have any other pokemon he could really use. Sudowoodo was out, Nincada was weak and so was Octillery. There was Pinsir, though. He rubbed Pinsir's pokeball on his belt, shaking his head in thought. If it came to that, he would go there, but it wasn't there yet. "Close Combat!" he yelled as the biker yelled "Toxic Spikes."

The biker seemed confused as Hitmontop charged in, fists and feet wailing all over the Roserade, who threw a few poison spikes over where Justin was standing. Even though Close Combat a fighting move, was weak to poison, it still did a hell of a lot of damage, though at the cost of Hitmontop being so close to his enemy that any hit would do fairly intense damage. The biker seemed upset that Justin did not switch out Hitmontop, which would have certainly made his toxic spikes more useful. "Stun-" he began, but Justin was faster. "Quick Attack!" It was enough to knock Sweet Leaf out.

Next up was "Iron Man!" the Forretress. "Let's see your attacks do any damage to him," he smiled. Justin kept having Hitmontop use Close Combat while Forretress continued laying down layers upon layers of Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Of course, he was taking minimal damage from Hitmontop's attacks, but added up, it was still significant. Perhaps of most concern to Justin was Hitmontop's weakening defenses. After a substantial amount of spikes were placed on the ground, Justin smiled and said, "Rapid Spin,"

The biker's face dropped as Hitmontop moved back to where the spikes were and spun around, kicking and punching the spikes all over the bar, but away from Justin's side of the field. He called back Hitmontop and sent out Pinsir to finish the job and maybe take the hits he was afraid to let Hitmontop take.

"Stop!" another man walked out from behind the biker Justin was fighting. "That Pinsir,"

Justin and Nate looked at each other and then back over at the man. "Hm?"

"This battle's over," the man said, motioning for the other biker to call back Forretress. "These two men need to see Burro."

"Not after a trip to the pokemon center," Justin insisted, knowing that at least one biker knew who he worked with.

"Fine," the man nodded. "After that,"

"We go see Burro," Justin nodded, with absolutely no idea who this Burro was.

So Justin and Nate were escorted through town by three bikers, who seemed to be keeping some sort of peace in town, even if it meant through intimidation and fear. They weren't there to judge, though, so they just kept walking until they got to the pokemon center. They went inside and even Nurse Joy looked terribly frightened by the sight. The three bikers sat on one of the couches off to the side while Justin and Nate handed over their pokemon. As they turned around to go sit at the couches, though, they heard the sound of motorcycles approaching quickly. Not too surprising, but it sounded like a lot. Justin went to the window to see none other than Pandora Gibbs and Douken Sota riding her Arcanine, Fenrir, towards the pokemon center, followed by more than a few men on motorcycles.

He turned back to the biker he was with, who stopped the fight, and said, "I need you to call off the guys chasing that man and woman out there," He then went to the door and opened it, standing out in front of the pokemon center, watching as they charged him. Then, the other biker walked out and stood next to Justin, holding his hand up to the bikers chasing behind Pan and Douken, telling them to slow down.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 31 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan looked back to see the results of Sabre’s spikes. They had worked rather well: several of the bikes struck the obstacle, causing several bikers to tumble down to the ground. A few more of the gang members drove into the fallen bikes, quickly causing a pileup on the otherwise quiet road. Pan and Douken weren’t quite out of the woods yet: the leader of the group and two other bikers managed to bypass the spikes by traveling through the allies. Pan could see brief glimpses of the bikers as she quickly passed buildings.

She decided to listen to Douken and head for the pokemon center. Usually, it was the safest place in a city, filled with trainers willing to help each other out. But Lenoilia was not the usual city. For all they knew, the center doubled as a gang headquarters. They could be walking into a trap. Still, the two had no other options. Pan urged Fenrir to keep moving until they found the pokecenter.

The arcanine quickly rounded a corner in an attempt to lose his pursuers. It didn’t quite work, but the maneuver did force the remaining bikers onto the main street and within sight. The familiar pokeball logo of the pokecenter caught her eye. They were almost there! As they raced towards the building, two people emerged from the building. One clearly looked like a biker, perhaps a sign that the pokecenter was no longer a safe place. Her eyes darted towards the second person…Justin? What was he doing here? Determined to find out just what was going on, Pan urged her arcanine to stop behind the two men and watch. Sure enough, the remaining trio of bikers also stopped, though they weren’t particularly happy about this turn of events.

“What gives?!” scowled one of the chasers.

“Now now, these trainers had only just arrived in town. They probably just need to heal up at the pokemon center. Then, as this man said,” the biker patted Justin’s shoulder, “we can take them to the new mayor in town.”

“Yeah, I don’t think so,” Pan angrily replied. After being chased by the gang, she had no intentions of going anywhere with these people. Once again, she grabbed Turnip’s pokeball, ready to fight if she had to.

“I’ve got a better idea,” the leader of the chasers began. “You kids are going to be waiting the storm out, right? You won’t be leaving till morning. Perhaps by then you’ll change your mind.”

The leader flashed a malicious smile as he looked back at the biker standing next to Justin. Seeing a nod of agreement from his comrade, the bikers mounted upon their bikes for departure.

“Until then,” said the leader as he and the rest of the crew drove away. The street was once again deserted, leaving Pan, Douken, and Justin alone.

As Pan dismounted from her arcanine, she finally confirmed her suspicions: Justin had indeed caught up to her. The last time they met, the two were in quite a cliffhanger. Their encounters in the Underground and Loch Ranch were blossoming into something more. Something Pan desired but wasn’t quite sure how to go about it. Something she may not be ready to get into. All those thoughts started bubbling up in her head, clouding out even her encounter with the bikers. How was she supposed to talk to him now? Were they now expected to kiss every time they met? Should she say hello or something more? Why can’t she just act normal? Finally, Pan decided to bite the bullet and start talking. She recalled Fenrir (not paying attention to whether Douken dismounted or not) and approached Justin.

"G'day, sweet lips,"” she told Justin with the goofy smile of a drunken prom queen.

Immediately, Pan looked away to hide her blushing face. What the hell did she just say? The moment those words left her lips, Pan wanted to crawl into a corner and die. Specifically, the one next to the pokemon center. She spotted a convenient piece of glass that she could use to slit her wrists. It would certainly be less awkward than her actions moments ago.

In a final attempt to save face before committing to desperate measures, she quickly brought up Justin’s previous adventure.

“So…how was Arasam?”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 1 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

PANE

Eyeing Justin, he could not help but question his appearance here. I could of swore he left for Arasam. Even with all of our blocks, there is no way he would be here before us. It was quite possible he had a flying Pokemon like Sabre, but without that info, he was left in the dark about his arrival. Still, he could not help but wonder how when he was hear before them, when he went in the complete opposite direction.

Though his attention was drawn as the conversation started, watching them react to be called off, seeing the one who stopped them pat Justin's shoulder, as if one of them. As the bikers drove off, Douken hopped down, brushing off the loose fur off his butt, when he heard Pan call to Justin, and just gave her such a blank face as she turned around to hide her blush (didn't help she turned to him).

Walking up to Justin, he went over and patted his back. "Yes, how was Arasam? Also, what was with you and biker guy? I am really curious on what happened while you were gone. Cmon, let's head on inside and hear your story as our teams get healed up, shall we?" Clearly, Douken had a right for his suspicions.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 1 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #9

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin opened his mouth to speak, but found that nothing could really follow "sweet lips," so he stood awkward for a few seconds, and smiled as Pan got really embarrassed at what she just said. Douken got all questiony before Justin and Pan got to have themselves a proper reunion and suggested they go inside to talk. Justin agreed, since it did actually make perfect sense.

When they walked back inside, Nate stood up and walked over. "Oh, guys, this is my friend, Nate,"

"Hey, good to met you," Nate nodded, shaking Douken's hand first, and then Pan's. After Pan and Douken handed over their pokemon to the nurse for some healage, the four went and took a seat on some comfy sofas in the waiting area. It was about time for Justin to spill the beans on what he'd been doing the past couple of days, why he was in Arasam and with whom he was now affiliated.

Or...

"So Nate and I met in Arasam," he said casually as Nate looked over at him, hoping he was about to make a lie which he could actually follow. "He's got a rich uncle living up there got some sort of business venture he wants to start here in Lenoilia. But, for obvious reasons, he can't. When I helped rescue Nate's numel at Mt. Carello, his uncle decided to hire me to figure out if there was a way to stop the biker gang."

"And he sent me along to make sure he didn't screw it up." Nate grinned, knowing Justin wouldn't dare call him out for fear of calling out his own lie.

"Yeah, that," Justin nodded. "Anyway, he sent us by helicopter, which is why we got here so fast. I take it you're here 'cause of the storm coming from the west. Figured it's better to stay in a city during a storm."

"Unfortunately," Nate interrupted. "Seems like this city is a storm," He seemed really proud of himself for coming up with that one, as was made clear by his smile and pause for effect.

"Yeah..." Justin sighed. "Anyway, I was just talking to the biker about what we would need to do to get his gang to leave town. Seems they're in it for more than the money. Not about to leave. I'm gonna have to figure something out. What about you, Sweet Lips?" He teased, "Anything eventful happen yesterday?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 2 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As everyone went inside and healed their pokemon, Justin introduced his friend Nate, the nephew to a wealthy businessman back in Arasam. Evidently, Justin had taken an odd job of cleaning up Lenoilia of the bike gang plaguing the city. It was nice that he was helping people out, Pan thought. Not only was it quite noble, it would get him well-connected with all kinds of people, something that could be useful for Justin’s future in school. One of those people, Nate, seemed like a nice enough fellow. At least Justin wasn’t alone in his travels.

Pan grimaced as Justin proceeded to use her ill-conceived nickname on her. It was quite clear he was never going to let her forget that moment. Still, she retold the series of events that brought her and Douken to this very moment.

“Well, while we were heading for Petropolis, a clan of snorlax decided to take a nap on the main road. We had to take a detour, so yesterday was spent roaming the countryside. It’s quite beautiful out there: green fields that stretched across the horizon. Seems quite far compared to where we are now. The sooner this storm passes, the sooner we can get back on the road.”

“If you want my advice, you four would do well to make that trip very soon.”

The group was interrupted by the Nurse Joy, rolling a cart of their pokeballs towards them. She appeared as any of the nurses would, except she wasn’t smiling. The irony of an unhappy Joy seemed to come from her concern for the visitors.

“I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation,” she began. “Lenoilia is usually not the best place to stop, but these days, it’s worse than ever.”

“Is it because of the bikers?” Pan asked.

“A few weeks ago, this gang showed up in town. When bikers show up, they usually come and go, preferring the open road. But this group decided to stay. Their leader Burro had desires to rule over us. I did not witness what had happened, but he overpowered what little leadership we had in this town. He even drove the police forces out!” Joy was clearly distraught over the situation: her eyes were starting to water.

“But how?” Pan was now extremely curious as to how, after everything else that has happened in Lenoilia, this biker started an exodus of law enforcement out of the city.

“Rumor has it that Burro has a very powerful pokemon,” Joy continued. “He claims to be unbeatable with this pokemon, and with everything that’s happened, I wouldn’t doubt it. Nowadays, he claims to be gym leader of Lenoilia and won’t let any trainer leave without battling him. Those that lose remain in Lenoilia…forever. That pretty much includes everyone that’s passed through here the past few weeks. And when they do lose…they lose a lot.”

Joy then began to excuse herself, supposedly to do some other chore around the center. That was when Pan grabbed her shoulder to stop the nurse. The people of Lenoilia were practically being held hostage in their own city. There was no way Pan was going to leave this town without doing something.

“Maybe we- er, I could do something to help?” Pan was careful not to include the people beside her. This may be a bit too dangerous for their tastes.

“I would never ask any of you to take on such a challenge,” Joy objected. “We people of Lenoilia have learned to weather hardships. It’s our past, our present, and likely our future. We’ll live on just as always.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 4 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

PANE

"You two," he said, shaking Nate's hand before giving Nurse Joy his Pokemon before taking a seat with the others, needing to kill time as they recovered. What better what than to get an idea what was going on here. Seemed the game they met earlier felt like they ran the city because their boss was in charge, though not much further than that. Too many blanks to get an idea on the full situation, so Douken put those notes to the side of his mind as he let Pan explain what they had dealt with leading here. If it wasn't for those Snorlax, we could of been there by now when the storm ht. Though that thinking wasn't going to help change the past situation.

When Nurse Joy interrupted, he turned to look at her as she gave more details on the events, seeing how she was pretty much here to be part of it all. An unbeatable Pokemon? Sure, it was merely a rumor, but it could of been a detail to fill in some of the blanks. If the boss was considered unbeatable, then clearly his men felt invincible as well for siding with him.

"Sounds like you are on a road with a broken bridge," Douken said, getting up from his seat, gathering the Pokeballs from the cart, and adding them onto his belt. "Maxi Z. has always talked about 'path we have walkede', and to me, it seem like you think it's a dead end. What if it was only a broken bridge? I am sure we can find around it, or we can fix it." Placing his hand on the nurse's other shoulder, he told her, "Let us fix that bridge, and let you continue on with your life without fear. Anyone arrogant enough to call themselves a gym leader must be a fool." Pumping his hand, he finished off with, "I will find out how to beat this unbeatable Pokemon..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 5 2011, 12:05 PM
Post #12

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

An unbeatable pokemon. Something didn't sit right with Justin because he had the very distinct feeling that Team Deception might have been behind this. He looked over to Nate to see if he had similar suspicions, and it seemed he did since he looked back over to Justin with the same look. Then when Douken made quite the inspirational speech and insisted he would defeat this pokemon, Justin stood up next to him.

"You know," he said, "Those guys over there," Justin pointed to the three bikers who were sitting on the other side of the pokemon center, the ones who walked Justin and Nate over there and convinced the offensive bikers to leave. "Invited us to talk to their leader, Burro. We may have gotten into a fight at the bar, and I guess they were impressed by Hitmontop. Anyway, this could be a good chance to see what this unbeatable pokemon is like. Maybe give us a chance to get ready in case we gotta fight it. I'll go talk to them, see if you guys can't come along."

When Justin started walking over to the bikers, Nate caught up to him. "Justin, who are those two?" he asked. "I mean, they're not with us right?" By "us" he meant Team Deception. "Don't you think that getting them involved like this could be a bad thing?"

"Was it you or me, Nate, who told two people point blank about what we do?" Justin asked, stopping and facing his partner. "Really, 'cause I'm having a hard time remembering."

"It was, uh," Nate began, but then dropped his head. "Yeah. But dude, that doesn't mean it was okay. It doesn't mean we should go around telling everybody."

"Nate, if I wanted to tell Pan about this whole situation we got goin' on here," Justin said, "I would tell her, straight up. I'm not about to let the leader of the biker gang who took over this city to tell her for me."

"Pan?" Nate asked. "What about Douken?"

"Um, yeah, him too."

"You into her?" Justin didn't answer, just looked over to her, still talking with Douken and Joy and sighed. This was going to turn out exactly like it did with Tina. When she found out he was a professional criminal, she wouldn't want to have anything to do with him. Why would she? She deserved so much better than Justin. She was beautiful and smart and outgoing. Justin was just...Just Justin.

The problem was, there was no coming clean. If he told her point blank, she would bail. If she found out through some other way, she would bail. He needed to either keep this part of his life a secret from her forever, or leave it behind him. But the money was so good.

"Yeah," he nodded finally, "Yeah, I think I am."

"Oh shit," Nate grinned. "Well then, you're talkin' to the right guy. I'm a love machine, Justin."

"Shut up, Nate," Justin shook his head.

"What's up, guys?" the biker who walked them over walked over to them. "You kids ready to go see Burro?"

"Yeah," Justin nodded his head. "Um, we were wondering if we might be able to bring our friends along,"

"Yeah that sounds fine," the biker said, "But they'll have to fight him. Them's the rules, and if they lose, which they will..."

"I'll talk it over with 'em," Justin and Nate walked back across the pokemon center to Pan and Douken. "They'll let us in, but the guy's gonna make you fight him if you come along. Since they're saying the guy will take your pokemon if you lose, I don't think it's a risk worth taking when we don't even know what we're up against. What do you guys think?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 5 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan was glad that her friends stood with her in helping out Lenoilia. Douken, playing the part of the white knight, comforted Nurse Joy with his vow to beat the unbeatable. Meanwhile, Justin and Nate took further initiative and went outside to negotiate with a waiting escort of bikers. As always, Pan could rely on her companions to work out a solution to the current sticky mess they were in.

Soon, Justin came back, bearing ill news. The bikers would take them to the self-proclaimed gym leader, but Pan and co. would have to fight in order to get him ousted. Even then, that likely wouldn’t be a guarantee. Furthermore, Pan agreed with Justin: they couldn’t walk in blindly and expect victory to fall in their laps.

“I’m still not ready to walk into a trap,” Pan replied to Justin. “We’ll let them sit outside while we figure out what’s going. Nurse, I’d like to talk to the defeated trainers and perhaps get some advice.”

Joy nodded and smiled at everyone’s willingness to help. They were so sympathetic to the city’s plight. Then again, so were the trainers before them…

“There’s a street called Dream’s End just north of here. There’s a substantial settlement with such trainers residing there. You can take the back door to remain unseen.”

The nurse quickly escorted the group to the back of the pokemon center, evading the bikers out front. She opened the door, revealing the dark contents of an alleyway. Light was dim in this particular alley, only enough to illuminate the lewd graffiti that covered the brick walls. As Pan stepped outside, the nurse gave them one last hesitant goodbye.

“I wouldn’t blame you if you changed your mind about helping us.”

“You don’t understand,” Pan replied back with a smirk. “We’re people of our word. Or we’re just really stubborn. I haven’t quite figured out which one.”

With that, the group was off to journey across the desolate city of Lenoilia. It was quite a long alleyway, covered in cuss words, rants, and caricatures of certain Petropolis politicians. A stray meowth scurried across their path, a Poke King burger wrapper firmly in its mouth. As they journeyed through the dark pathway, Pan decided it was time to get to know the newest member of their posse.

“So Nate,” Pan asked Justin’s sidekick, “What business does your uncle have in Lenoilia?”

This post has been edited by 2gamers: Feb 25 2011, 10:55 PM

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 6 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

PANE

Sure, Douken sounded very confident when speaking with Nurse Joy, but the whole idea was to give her hope. However, the goal was high up there, and the risk of what would happened if he failed pretty much would make him one of them: the people of Lenolia who has been held captive with no where else to go, all who now live on a street whose name fit their situation perfectly: Dream's End. Still, they were the best people to get help from, since he doubt the bikers would spoil any of the fun.

Being led out back, they were able to avoid the bikers and grab the missing information that would help Douken formulate a plan of attack, since it was him who said he was the one who was going to be the hero of the city for the day (or at least another issue came up while they were gone). There was only the burden of the entire city of Lenolia on his shoulders. No worries, right?

With instructions in hand on how to reach Dream's End, the team of four traveled down the dark alleyway of graffiti and tarnishment. Even though Pan was curious about Justin's new friend, Douken was more curious on the city, trying to look beyond the destruction to get an idea on how beautiful the city could of been. It could of been as magnificent as Arasam, or even more, if it wasn't as trashed.

As he looked up at a wrecked statue, he saw a Pokemon chuckling at them, and even with a family of breeders with numerous kinds of Pokemon coming in and out daily, it was something he had never seen before! Sure, the case of the Spiritomb was a similar case, but they were hard to come by as is. This one, however, he couldn't even recognize, even from his Dad's stories. It was a dark gray fox with red retails, such as "eyebrows", bangs, and paws, and around its neck was a black fur, swayed to one side{!}.

Watching it grit his teeth in a chuckle, the Pokemon's eyes glowed before vanishing, unannounced to the trainers that they had been locked inside an illusion, making that they see as a straight path become a loop of alleyways, as if to entertain itself as the group kept walking in a circle blindly. Snapping back from the sight of the vanishing Pokemon, he muttered, "Did anyone else see that?" before turning to see the others were already ahead of them, making him run over to the group, just to catch up.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 12 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #15

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

“So Nate,” Pan asked Justin’s sidekick, “What business does your uncle have in Lenoilia?”

"Oh, um," Nate began, "I'm not really sure, actually. He doesn't tell me the ins and outs of his business."

"You probably wouldn't understand it anyway," Justin laughed.

"Shut up, yes I would."

"Yeah," Justin nodded. "Probably."

"Yeah," Nate continued. "Anyway, he's a good uncle. He helps my family out when they need it, and he already gave my two older brothers a job. So I guess it was only a matter of time for him to give me one. I'm just glad it had something to do with pokemon, you know? I love pokemon battling."

As Nate listed off lies about his fake uncle and amazing family and great job, Justin couldn't help but sigh. It was actually really sad hearing him get all excited about his story. He wanted to say something to let Nate know that he wasn't such a screwup. That he could still help his family out of their poverty. But, of course, that would blow their cover. Instead, he just smiled, patted his partner on his shoulder. "Sounds like a great guy, Nate,"

"Did anyone else see that?" Douken asked, catching up to them. Justin and Nate didn't even realized he had hung back for a few seconds.

"See, uh," Justin started looking around the alleyway, "See what?" Douken seemed taken aback, as if something out of the ordinary had just happened. "Do we- Did you see some bikers or what?" He moved his hand to his belt and gripped Hitmontop's pokeball, as he tended to do when he was nervous.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 13 2011, 03:32 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Come on now!” Pan replied to Nate. “Surely you know something about what he does, what with him being able to support your family and all. He’s gotta be pretty successful in whatever he does. Maybe I’ve heard of him? Who is he?”

Obviously, Pan was just playing around with Nate. He seemed to be open to giving out more clues about his past, so she decided to lengthen the conversation a bit. Now, if only she could get Justin to do the same…

As soon as Douken caught up, the trainer seemed to express concern over something happening behind them. Justin looked on nervously; he was ready to unleash his pokemon at a moment’s notice. Pan too started to look around for signs of trouble, calling Chi-Chi out to help. The pachirisu crawled out of her human’s vest and rested on her head, looking around at the scenery for hints of bikers.

“I don’t see anyone, Douken,” Pan whispered cautiously, unsure if they were being watched. “Let’s keep going and see if anything happens. Just…act normal.”

Soon enough, the group exited the alleyway and found their way down a street. The street signs had disappeared long ago, though the decorations clearly gave the name away. Lamp posts were modeled after giant lollipops, their heads giving off a slight glow. Buildings were lined with a candy cane design, red and white stripes stretching along the rooftops. The walls of buildings were neon colored, likely to represent cotton candy or taffy. Another building had dull brown walls, but with a cookie texture. This was of course a gingerbread house, complete with frosted icing roof and gumdrop accents. The candy lane seemed to stretch on into the horizon, with no end in sight.

“Everything looks so delicious,” Pan remarked at the scenery. “I could really go for some cotton candy right about now.” As she reached for the cotton candy stand, the researcher couldn’t help but wonder about who designed all of this. The artists of Lenoilia had clearly outdone themselves with this design.

Or had they?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chi-Chi was very confused. She was not seeing anything like what Pan was observing. It was still the same dilapidated city. The confusing part however was that her human was walking around one building over and over again. While Pan believed she was walking along a straight candy-strewn road with no end in sight, she was in fact walking in circles. Nor was Pan reaching for cotton candy: it was actually a giant dirty hairball! The pachirisu immediately started slapping Pan’s arm, trying to get her to snap out of it.

“Chi-Chi!” Pan shouted angrily. “I promise, you’ll get a piece too.”

That did not encourage the pachirisu one bit.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 13 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

PANE

Watching Pan reach out for something random, talking about cotton candy, he saw her reaching for an arm of a slot machine, as if the streets turned from the desolated city into a Game Corner, and as she talked about cotton candy, it was if his mind told him some of the images on the slots were cotton candy puffs. Checking the winnings chart, sure enough, it was right on there with a win bonus of 2.5 of payment, and each other symbol were circus themed.

Turning back around, the broken down alleyway vanished, and seemed to of been replaced by a large hallway of slot machines and video poker. The dusty floor was not a velvet red, and the darkened path was flooded with flashing lights and sounds. Turning back around, he saw Chi-Chi smack her away from the lever, with her reminding of getting a piece. Why would a Pokemon want a piece of the profit? This, however, didn't drop his suspicions. If he didn't see that chuckling black fox, he wouldn't of had any second thoughts and would of believed this was part of the city.

Going for his belt, he held his Pokeball out and bursting out of it, the red pup named Rufus gave a long stretch before letting out a bark. Kneeling in front of the pup, he whispered to the Growlithe, "Alright, this may seem odd, but I don't think everything is as it should be," as he scratched his collar to keep his attention (for the most part). "Now I want you to stay out and use Oder Sleuth every now and then. Keep your nose out for an unfamiliar smell. If it connects to a black fox, i want you to bark three times and go after it, got it boy?" With a bark let out in reassurance, Douken stood back up and looked back at the group, wondering if they were experiencing something similar.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 14 2011, 01:01 AM
Post #18

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Once the group found their way out of the alley and into the street, he immediately fell to his knees. What he saw could only be described as an orgy of light, color and visuality. He ceased to perceive the world and his fellow teammates as reality and attained a new one. Somehow this intense form of beauty was affecting him physically. He felt it in his arms and legs, his whole body. He never wanted it to stop. Every blink was devastating, but he kept solace in knowing that it would last less than a second and he could get maybe twenty to thirty more seconds of his eyes being open afterwards.

What he was feeling was different from happiness or from simple euphoria. He was experiencing a new beauty and the meaning of life and a new world. This new understand was manifesting itself physically. When he touched his face, he could feel it intensify. In fact, his whole body became hypersensitive to touch. As he felt around his face, focusing on his stubble, which was a whole different sort of amazing, he slowly moved his hands down so they were wrapped around his arms. It didn't take long for him to pull off his shirt, fall to the ground and spend the rest of the illusion feeling up his chest, his eyes wide open the whole time.

Nate had a different experience. He found himself on a rickety bridge between trees above a large fall into the jungle. He saw Pan walking around a tree to his left, on a set of wooden planks surrounding its trunk. Behind him, he saw Justin on his knees, crying, rubbing his hands all over his face. To his right, he saw Douken on a tree branch looking about the jungle with a wonderful eye. In front of him, as the bridge continued, and further down, one of the wooden planks to the bridge was gone and there was a girl hanging on for dear life, holding onto the bridge.

He had never seen her before. Indeed, her beauty was unreal. So unreal, in fact, that he could not physically describe her. Obviously, she wasn't actually there. She was just a figment, a manifestation of Nate's idea of beauty. He only even knew she was so beautiful because of how he felt when he saw her, dangling, begging to be rescued. All the others seemed preoccupied by something though. Why did no one else care about this woman about to die? What was wrong with them? "Justin, why don't-" He looked back to see Justin, shirtless, rolling around on the bridge, his own hands wandering all over his chest and stomach. "The hell?"

He didn't have time to ask. He ran down the bridge. He had to get to the girl. "Hold on!" He yelled as he sprinted, taking no mind of the fact that the bridge could give out beneath him at any moment.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Feb 15 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

And a Golurk

After wrestling with Chi-Chi for the “cotton candy”, Pan saw the others enjoying the treats of Candy Lane. Justin was rolling around in a stream of white icing that rolled down the street like water after a heavy rainstorm. The sweet confection had apparently put him into a euphoric high: he was rolling around without his shirt, his hands rubbing against his naked chest. It was quite a steamy scene for the woman; she completely ignored the barking growlithe. That was why she quickly turned away to focus on Nate.

Nate was trying to grab a hold of a human-sized gingerbread woman. From the look on his face, it was a life or death situation: Nate had to get to the pastry person. Nate told the gingerbread woman to hang on, but the cookie remained static, an icing smile remaining on her face.

“Gee, he must really like gingerbread,” Pan thought to herself as she turned to Douken.

To Pan, Douken was acting strangest of all. He seemed completely indifferent to the fantastic scenery around him. In fact, he was almost suspicious of their location. He was more interested in his growlithe, who started sniffing around at seeming random places.

“Come on, Douken,” Pan smiled at her companion, “relax and have some fun for a change!” With that, Pan proceeded to bring the piece of cotton candy to her face, finally about to take a bite.

“PACHICHI!”

Immediately following the squirrel pokemon’s cry, a bright flash engulfed the area. After the Flash attack, Pan was quite shocked at what she saw. The paradise of sweets was replaced with the same broken streets that plagued the city. Her pachirisu was staring down a trio of black foxes, all blinded by the attack and thus disrupting the illusion. Finally, for some reason, she was holding a huge mat of hair from who knows where.

“What?” Pan asked in utter shock. She quickly tossed the furball aside in disgust, still very confused as to what happened. She looked around to see if her friends were having the same strange experience she was having.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 15 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

PANE

As Rufus began sniffing around, Douken went and looked at the other two companions. Justin, seemed to of been rolling around in a pile of coins, as if he hit three jackpots in a row, his mind frying by the fact of all of his riches (that, or just completely stoned). Peering over to Nate, he seemed to of been trying to grab a lucky coin that rolled under a machine, scrambling as if a life mattered over a single coin (maybe he wanted to be as lucky as Justin).

Gazing back at Pan, he saw her about to eat a coin before a bright light filled the air around them, Chichi's Flash to protect her trainer from something, and with the walls beginning to fade back to where they were, the items around them changed as well: Pan about to eat a hairball, Justin still sitting there shirtless, and Nate trying to dig around for something. Glancing back forward, he saw three of those foxes from before, right next to the statue where he saw the first one. Looking back up there, the forth was also dazed, stumbling down the statue in front of the other three. "Never seen those Pokemon before, but I am sure they each were why we were surrounded by slots." Obviously, he didn't know they saw something else, with each Zorua placing them in their own illusions.

With Rufus hunched forward and growling, Douken pointed forward and said, "Before they do that again, use Flame Wheel!" With a bark, the Puppy Pokemon ran forward, paws blazing before curling up into a ball of flames, ready to play Zorua Bowling.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Feb 18 2011, 02:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:37 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.