Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Crazy luck?
Silverydoe
post Aug 1 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 169 115

Active Squad

Hiyah. So I'm rather new here (I joined last night), and I absolutely love it. I will say that I played Pokefarm (it's very similar to the main site here) for a year, but please do not hold it against me, haha. A few days ago, I was told that Pokefarm was a ripoff of GPX. I was kind of skeptical, because I couldn't imagine Kolink (our Admin) would do such a thing. Sure enough, though, this site does seem an awful lot like Pokefarm, though it does have some differences. I was kind of in shock, actually. The berry-clicking system and egg-warming seemed exactly the same, and there are "novelty" Pokemon here, similar to our Event Pokemon. Trying to keep an open mind to this site, I decided to take a hiatus from Pokefarm and explore GPX a bit. Story time!
So anyway, one of my first eggs was a pale purple egg, which I later found out was a Ditto! I know these are very rare in Pokefarm (worth around 3 million credits, in fact!), but I figured it had no huge value here, as it's considered a "common" Pokemon, and I seemed to obtain it so easily. I'm actually still not sure about the value of a Ditto. Nevertheless, I'm happy to have it. I dropped it into my daycare for future use, and continued on.
I've found that it's much easier to get interactions here than on PF. I interacted with several people's parties, and suddenly I got a huge wave of clicks! In less than several minutes, my entire party was hatched. While I had a full party of hatched eggs that still weren't mature enough (frustration!), I decided to try--in vain--to click back every person who interacted with me. After about half an hour of being on the site, I found a small red chest sprite, which on PF are called "boxes." I clicked it, and got a "heated rock." When I went into the lab later, it was below the eggs. I was tempted to use it, but I had no idea what it was. After consulting the wiki, I realized it was a summon (woo!). I had one spot in my party left, so I clicked the summons, and searched for the egg. Unfortunately, I ended up with a heatmor, and realized I had lost my summon. Of course, I got an enigma stone, but I'm way to scared to summon it now, haha.
So after clearing out some space in my party, I went to the nursery instead of the lab. Curious, I clicked "Safari Zone," and saw that there were two or three Heatrans roaming around! It was the Pokemon I would have gotten through my summon! (Side note: Is it normal for legendaries to be in the Safari Zone? o.O Legit question. I have no idea). I also found several Pokechests with "trinkets" inside, although I doubt these chests were as valuable as the red box I found earlier, as the trinkets don't seem to have any use other than selling and trading.
So now I have a ditto, my first legendary, and a summon all in less than 24 hours. Is this normal, or just a case of strange luck? Either way, I love this site, and you can consider me a member for a long time! :)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Aug 1 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #2

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

Welcome to the site! happy.gif
And yes, as you've come to notice, pokefarm is a ripoff of the site, unfortunately. Pokefarm was create purely because two members ( Kolink and rokkon) had a dispute in the irc a whiles back and because of that, the site was formed aha.
But aside from that, legedaries in the safari zone are slightly common now a days just because people usually only drop the fail shinies :p
Ditto, on the other hand is still considered rare, so congratulations! Only a handful of them are dropped in the lab once a day, so you got yourself lucky there! You can also embark on an exploration as well, if you want another ditto cat.gif

As for your enigma stone that you got as a consolation, I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the egg descriptions out there, claim as many as you can to fill your pokedex, an then use a repel once it's been summoned cat.gif thatll just make it do much easier for you if you haven't obtained the egg dex for said Pokemon yet happy.gif

And you're right about the trinkets aha, they're purely there to be traded and collected, the only value they have is that they're pretty :p and also all user submitted! So if you're ever interested in making some, wait till submissions are open and have a blast making them aha

This post has been edited by Giraffe A Laugh: Aug 1 2012, 04:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post Aug 1 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #3

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

Welcome, I also have a PF account. You where just lucky to join when there were ban drops today. If someone gets perma banned all it's pokemon are released in the safari zone. Ditto used to be extremely rare but it's a little less rare because of a ditto exploration. So you got really lucky to get one. Getting shinies is also easier here then on PF. I don't know how much more I can tell you....

Anyway. I hope you enjoy it here. grin.gif

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Silverydoe
post Aug 1 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for the warm welcome, Giraffe c:
It's a shame that PF is a ripoff. I feel kind of cheated, actually. For a little over a year, I commended Kolink and Rokkon (although she no longer is a staff member. I assume that's where the IRC conversation leaks come in, haha) for their creativity and ability to run the site. I brought in tons of ad revenue, and even donated. The similarity between the two sites is uncanny, and it's almost bizarre to compare them side to side and see how close they are. To be honest though, I like this site a lot better than PF now that I've given it a chance.
I did see the explorations as I was looking around the site, but I think I need to get some more stats before I can do any ;P Even if Ditto's value has gone down, I'm still happy to have one so I can breed Pokemon easier and do shiny hunts. I also agree, purple umbreon. In PF, the only reasonable way to do a shiny hunt without it taking many many months is to buy a radar, which costs real money OR a special "ultimate" account, which also costs real money.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Insanity
post Aug 1 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #5

WhySoSerious??
Group Icon

Member No.: 161 574

Active Squad

I agree..I tried this site before that thank god and i was stunned on how much better this site was compared to it.

--------------------
Click for color (click to show)

Please click!

Thanks to all the people who added me to thre pal pads! Looking for the social network achievment! 20/75 so far!

Shines-41 Last:

Credit to ZoRonI
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Aug 1 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #6

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

It's great to know that youll be staying with us then, aha :p
If you've ever got any questions about certain things on the site, you are more than welcome to pm me, and I'll try to answer any questions to their fullest cat.gif
And yeah, as far as donations go for this site, the only advantage you get for donating is a "donor status", which pretty much just gives you the ability to change your name more often, (I think a larger pm box or something like that, can't remember), and of course it removes the ads from the main site grin.gif
Which imho, is very fair compared to how donations are handled on the other site xp

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nemu
post Aug 1 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #7

Craziest cat lady of all time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 162 933

I wish

Totally.

I used to be on PF. I never got any random shinies, and eventually traded for 'account upgrades'. Which truth be told this last SWSH I got more shinies than a month of that even. And it cost someone money.

Between that and the blatant difference between how paying members are treated vs non-paying (PM me if you want to know), I left and never really looked back.

The site is great, fun, and the staff are just plain awesome. I have not PMed them much, one time to ask about knowing for sure my account was considered active and not going to get 'pruned'. And they didn't treat me like an annoying idiot.

Welcome aboard. Glad to know you're having fun and great luck. happy.gif

--------------------
Stuffs. cat.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

Silverydoe
post Aug 1 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

@Giraffe, Haha I agree. I love the system here much more. It doesn't feel like the only way to achieve things is by donating, as it was there.
Well, I say donating, but it was really more like buying perks. When you donate, you get "crystals," which is one of the 4 currencies: credits, pokegold, crystals, and British pounds (if you'd like to buy things directly with money). The problem is, it's so difficult to be a top player on PF without spending real money. Legendary eggs and summons are sometimes just bought with irl money, because of how impossibly difficult it is to obtain them unless you have a high scour lvl, which takes a very, very long time to achieve. I have only had one summon in my entire time with the site, and it was a gift to me from a friend who got it through trading with another user. The system here is a lot better. I don't really even mind the ads much, knowing that they are helping the site get money. I may even end up donating, who knows C:
Edit: Also, Giraffe, I just realized that one of the trinkets I got was made by you! Moltres feather, yes?

@Nemu, Oh my gosh, I can relate. I was actually kind of scared about asking questions when I first joined Pokefarm, just because it felt like I would be called a noob, or degraded by the Ultimates for not understanding some of the concepts, or Kolink would think of me as stupid--which I'm sure he would have too, haha. I asked him once about a Pokefarm IRC channel that someone linked me to. It looked very PF-esque, but the URL made me suspicious. It asked if I wanted to enable java. Scared of getting java-driveby'd, but still interested in the IRC, I made a thread asking if it was legit. His reply was something along the lines of
"Well does it look like it's Pokefarm?"
-_-.gif Ufghhh.

-derailed, woo!-

--------------------
+Quote Post

MikeyRules112
post Aug 1 2012, 11:45 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 061

My Favorites.

As of now the only thing I really do on Pokefarm is the Dream World and Scours. XD

On here I have gotten 2 shinies. While on Pokefarm the only shiny I saw was in the Dream World (and of course my DW party was full when I ran into it...)

I would say for me my streak of luck was when I got my Shiny Vulpix in less than 30 eggs.
Most of my Summon Items are coming from the Underground. XD

I had failed my first summon too but got a Groudon Egg somebody else had summoned for my troubles.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 2 2012, 02:16 AM
Post #10

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Welcome to GPX+, fellow Azurite!

I noticed your status is asking what an affinity is, so allow me to elaborate. On this site, users are sorted into three different houses affinities: Azurite, Malachite, and Wulfenite. The main purpose of affinities is to determine what types of trinkets you can find in the pokéchests. If you noticed, all the ones you got from chests have the Azurite icon next to the rarity. To get ones not available to Azurite, you will have to trade through the Big Book or have a friend gift you them. You cannot change your affinity, either.

However, this past month our Site Wide Shiny Hunt (these happen every other month) brought an affinity war with it; Malachite users hatched the most shinies, so they got bonus prize points.

Anyways, you're an Azurite — which is what I am — so I hope you bring honor to us! The other two affinities are based on the other two admins, Big Bidoof and Wymsy, so you should be happy to have gotten the best admin on your team (even if we have lost the most SWSHs).

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Dandy
post Aug 2 2012, 03:21 AM
Post #11

Tough
Group Icon

Member No.: 132 860

My old friends

QUOTE(Silverydoe @ Aug 2 2012, 09:15 AM) *
@Giraffe, Haha I agree. I love the system here much more. It doesn't feel like the only way to achieve things is by donating, as it was there.
Well, I say donating, but it was really more like buying perks. When you donate, you get "crystals," which is one of the 4 currencies: credits, pokegold, crystals, and British pounds (if you'd like to buy things directly with money). The problem is, it's so difficult to be a top player on PF without spending real money. Legendary eggs and summons are sometimes just bought with irl money, because of how impossibly difficult it is to obtain them unless you have a high scour lvl, which takes a very, very long time to achieve. I have only had one summon in my entire time with the site, and it was a gift to me from a friend who got it through trading with another user. The system here is a lot better. I don't really even mind the ads much, knowing that they are helping the site get money. I may even end up donating, who knows C:
Edit: Also, Giraffe, I just realized that one of the trinkets I got was made by you! Moltres feather, yes?

@Nemu, Oh my gosh, I can relate. I was actually kind of scared about asking questions when I first joined Pokefarm, just because it felt like I would be called a noob, or degraded by the Ultimates for not understanding some of the concepts, or Kolink would think of me as stupid--which I'm sure he would have too, haha. I asked him once about a Pokefarm IRC channel that someone linked me to. It looked very PF-esque, but the URL made me suspicious. It asked if I wanted to enable java. Scared of getting java-driveby'd, but still interested in the IRC, I made a thread asking if it was legit. His reply was something along the lines of
"Well does it look like it's Pokefarm?"
-_-.gif Ufghhh.

-derailed, woo!-

I just know about pf being ripoff because you post your thread here happy.gif .Doesn't that consider to be rude, because all you want to do is ask a simple questions and as for the staff isn't that there job to help new players so that they can interact with everything well? I bet all they care about is payday of there job dry.gif i'm talking about pf in case anyone knows what i'm talking about. Anyways welcome to GPX i hope you have fun and if you have any questions feel free to pm me grin.gif .

This post has been edited by Terakion: Aug 2 2012, 03:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

bmovie
post Aug 7 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 471

Active Squad

Welcome Azurite Buddy!! I saw this thread before and have not posted but then I looked at Pokefarm. I never played it so I do not know much about what it is like. I know there is a lot of sites you can not be awesome at without spending money.

Ditto is not that common on here but not that rare. It is in between so congrats! I get novelties on here by the shelter mostly!

I also saw that you got a Shiny Staryu! Congrats again! It is SO AWESOME!

I added you to my Pal Pad! I hope you have more good luck on here!

- Paige happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jaze
post Aug 8 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #13

raise me up
Group Icon

Member No.: 141 668

brite lites

welcome to gpx+! it's a lot better than pokefarm. ;D

i added you to my pal pad as a way of saying welcome and that you can talk to me if you're ever bored~

--------------------

telling me that basically you're not looking out for me
everything is true to me, never words where you would see
+Quote Post

SlaughterMelon
post Aug 8 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #14

Hater of Longitude
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 420

My Slices.

Welcome fellow Azuknight! I used to do PF too, but man... WHY! I still check back now and again, but I joined this site first and I'm glad I did. So anyway, Welcome and congrats on getting Ditto. awesome.gif

--------------------

won by me in the unearthly trials. also won by me in the unearthly trials.

Thx to Emmathetiger for the awesome Trainer sprite of Spectra!
Sprites (click to show)

+Quote Post

ZoDoRi
post Aug 9 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #15

Master Slowpoker
Group Icon

Member No.: 169 621

Follow the Leader

Welcome to the site! (Although I'm new too, hehe)
I used to go on PokeFarm too, although I could never get used to it and eventually found this. I have to say I prefer this site of course because I find it easier to use!
I also had a strange burst of luck - Within my first day, I got a Shiny and a Ditto.

--------------------

D - O - G - A - R - S, DOGARS!

koffing.gif Stuff (click to show)

weezing.gif Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

PheonixGRX
post Aug 29 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 264

Active Squad

Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy it. I myself am an on-and-off user, cause my interests change so fast (I blame the aspergers) If you want my advice, go to the new format of this site, then click users, and then 'those who have interacted with me today' and change the value from 100 to 300, then rapidly hit the 1-5 numbers. You get through a set of 300 pokemon in 30 seconds.

--------------------
Help Bring back an old pokemon manga, visit and like this page HERE!

Join in on the adventure, and help decide our characters fate. Click HERE!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:38 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.