Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Stopping the Past
BlackStarLine
post May 15 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #41

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

"Come on, just let them go. If they come back back, we'll just burn the entire building down or something. Besides, we still have to interrupt that shipment, so we can't hang around here all day." Daniel heard Paul say behind him.

"Hrmm... This place is too valuable to burn down... But I don't really want to release these two... Right.. I've made my mind up.." Daniel said turning and walking towards Vincent.

"I'll release you on the condition that you do not call in reinforcements. When asked about the loss of this place..." Daniel said gesturing around him. "You will say the scientists wagered it on a battle that you had no knowledge about. And if asked where you were at the time you were awaiting the fossil delivery. Of course when asked why you lost the fossil delivery you will say you were ambushed by a group of Magma operatives. Got it?" Daniel said.

Daniel could see Vincent thinking it over and so he turned back round and walked towards the scientist that was splayed out on the ground.

"And as for you..." he said looking directly at the scientist, "You are going to be helping the Rebel cause now, otherwise we'll let the Aqua leadership deal with you... and you wouldn't want that would you?" Daniel said with a smile.

The scientist looked to have thought about the consequences of dealing with Aqua leadership before saying "Very well... I would rather work for you lot than have to tell the Aquas I lost this place..."

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post May 15 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #42

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

"You're such a good puppy. Yes you are~"

The Aqua had been distracted by the Mightyena on his chest when the Rebel spoke. Vincent looked up at Daniel as he approached, curious to the man's motives. All of a sudden he appeared to be taking charge and showing more initiative than before.

"Umm....alright?...."

What else could he say? He was too lazy to think of a better idea than to agree with the terms, no matter how outrageous they were. Though Daniel was acting in-charge, Vincent did notice that the other young man had whatever amount of authority over him, enough that his rival would take orders from him.

"On second thought," Vincent said, "why don't I battle your friend here first, Daniel? I'm too tired to deny your terms, so consider them accepted. But I would like to have a friendly duel."

Then he looked down the hall and heard a shout.

"Perhaps, in the meantime, you should check on your other friend. He sounds like he ran into some trouble...."

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: May 17 2010, 10:27 AM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 16 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #43

Someone insane
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 407

Inferno

((Assuming Pidgey isn't an actual part of the battle as of yet, since I don't even remember when it was let out. @_@ Simply put, assuming this is a single battle, since there'd be no rationable reason to have a double battle, not that my childish mind can think of, no.))

A smirk, and a soft giggle. It couldn't be helped. The nice boy just not-so-kindly asked for a battle, blushed to himself then ended up completely enraged and pumped up. It was impossible not to react to that sort of sudden mood swing.
"I guess it's inevitable, then," Jan half-chirped, thoughtfully drawing circles in the air with Ember's Pokeball. Amethyst eyes examined the peppy Growlithe, battle-ready at its trainer's feet, and the Pidgey flying above, although close to the ceiling and far back. Jan presumed it wasn't going to participate in the battle...but was bound to.

Analysis. Flash Fire. The ability that let Jan decide to put Ember off for the moment, although her Pokeball remained in her palm. Meaning there were two options left: Sparky or Etheria. Neither had a special advantage against Fire Pokemon, but any fire attacks against Etheria would be halved. She was an apparent choice...still. He had a lot of Pokemon, and...Ah, for the moment, at least. She didn't know what type of Pokemon he had. She needed to take type advantage...for that moment.

She slipped Ember's Pokeball back into her belt, and quickly switched it for Etheria's, letting out the Swablu soundlessly. Etheria let out a shrill cry, then gave the opponent a death glare. Jan giggled. Again.
"This is going to be fun, isn't it? Oh, and by the way, in case you needed me to give you my name in return, it's Janette Fey." She cocked her head slightly. "Ah, but it would be nicer if you called me Jan~"

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 16 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #44

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

Kishk's rage had not yet abated, and he didn't allow her giggles and politeness interrupt it either. He battled with much greater skill when he was angry, and his anger seemed to seep into his Pokemon, who allowed the adrenaline to take over.

"I really couldn't care more to what your name is!" Kishk growled at her, "But now that I know it, Janette, then I can begin the slaughter that this battle will be!"

His Growlithe took a sideways glance at him, as Kishk's eyes darted towards a resurrection machine near them.

Perfect.

His classic maniacal grin emerged on his face as he gave a sharp nod to his Growlithe, which had understood the message.

"Growlithe, you know what to do! Growl!" Kishk yelled, attempting to keep Jan confused about his tactics.

The Growlithe sped under Etheria and used Growl, scaring her slightly and lowering her Attack. Growlithe followed the Growl with another Growl, as he sped towards one of the resurrection machines.

"Good! Now, THE STRONGEST EMBER YOU CAN MUSTER! ENVELOP THAT PATHETIC SWABLU!" Kishk shouted, keeping the anger flowing between him and his Pokemon.

The Growlithe jumped onto the machine, turned, and jumped into the air, in Etheria's direction. In mid-air, he released a powerful Ember, which caught the Swablu full in the face. While this happened, Kishk's Pidgey maintained a sharp eye on Etheria and Jan, studying their tactics and reactions.

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post May 16 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #45

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Well, the only person that can accept that challenge would be Paul himself. So what do you say, Paul? Do you want to battle him?" Daniel asked turning to Paul.

Before Daniel could hear Paul's response, his attention was directed to a shout from Kishk. Wondering over to where the shout came from, Daniel noticed a battle had just erupted between him and an unknown female.

"Huh... Wonder who she is? Probably a Magma or something..." Daniel muttered to himself. "I'm sure Kishk can handle her..."

Daniel then walked back to where Vincent was still sat on the ground with Max growling in front of him.

"Max, sit." Daniel said, stroking Max on the head. "So Paul, have you decided? Are you going to battle Vincent?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 17 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #46

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

He called her by name. Jan frowned. "Then be stubborn if you wish, boy," she muttered half to herself, watching uninterestedly barking out orders almost as fiercely as his Growlithe was Growling. She never really cared too much for stats unless the difference was big enough to have a disadvantageous effect. Growl would lower Etheria's Attack, but not enough for her to care. For the moment.

What was surprising, though, was how he was able to get his Growlithe to go airborne for a few moments, enough for it to be able to land a direct Ember on Etheria. She took quite noticeable damage. Jan only smirked. Kishk's rage was rubbing off his Growlithe, and it showed. Sometimes it would give the Pokemon the adrenaline it needed for an advantage, and others it just caused recklessness. Either way it didn't matter much to Jan, since she rarely got angry. Unless...

Never mind.

In any instance, hounds don't fly, and the Growlithe soon landed back on the ground on all fours.
"Dive down and use Peck."
Start simple. Complicated tactics later.
Etheria folded her wings, diving down to the Growlithe almost directly below her, beak down and poised for a Peck. She landed it on the dog Pokemon's head, throwing down all her weight and using the Pokemon as a cushion. She bounced off it soon enough and quickly flew up higher than before, not wanting to get hit so hard again by the same tactic the Growlithe had used earlier.

Jan looked up at the earlier Pidgey, who kept on watching with keen eyes. Observing our strategy, are you, little bird? I guess I'll just have to play unexpected when you come in, eh?

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 17 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #47

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Hmm... she thinks she has us figured out, eh? I'll show her!

"Growlithe! Back off!" yelled Kishk, ordering his Growlithe to his side. "Pidgey. You know what to do! Buffet her with Gust, rise and dive with Quick Attack, rinse, lather repeat! Give her a bit to struggle with as well!" He shouted at his Pidgey, certain that she had understood his last order.

"Now watch your Pokemon be injured before your very eyes, JANETTE!" Kishk resumed his mocking.

He watched as his Pidgey darted around and behind Etheria and delivered a great Gust, buffeting the Swablu, and making it lose control. The Pidgey soon followed it up with a rising Quick Attack, and a barrage of downwards Quick Attacks, some of which missed. Between one of them, the Pidgey took the chance that they were flying low, and used Sand Attack in Etheria's already injured face, making her blink repeatedly and momentarily lose sight of Kishk's Pidgey.

When the Swablu had recovered, the Pidgey came at it with a last attack.

"Twist reverse, upwards Quick Attack!" Kishk yelled suddenly.

The Pidgey, which had been heading directly for Etheria, twisted in midair, spiraled downwards, under Etheria, and shot upwards again, in a new Quick Attack. The complex series of moves confused the Swablu, and it received a powerful Quick Attack to the belly.

As his Pidgey flew higher up, preparing for the counter-attack, Kishk glared at Jan, still thinking with himself.

Good... with some luck, I might be able to finish off this Swablu with Pidgey.

This post has been edited by Kishk: May 17 2010, 10:45 AM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 18 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #48

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

And she did watch. Not happily. But she wasn't mad yet. She found him, after all, quite insolent. And in her opinion, even if Kishk's Pokemon were attacking with much vigor, she could still win. The nature of the world was, after all, quite confusing. Things could turn around--or they may not. For the time being, she'd be "patient" with him.

"Fly up and use Peck, then get behind that thing," called Jan, and that's what Etheria did. She looked pretty tired and gravity was not on her side, but she did manage to get a Peck on the Pidgey's side and fly above it, although at that height, nearly touching the ceiling.
"Growl, then follow it up with Astonish, then Peck again."
Etheria let out a high-pitched Growl, slightly lowering the Pidgey's Attack in hopes of not getting too badly beat up when it would attack back, then dove, quickly swerving to the side and shocking the Pidgey with an Astonish, quickly followed by a Peck, then was climbing back up into a spot higher than Pidgey before Jan stopped it.
"There." Jan pointed to a cluster of icicles which had not melted under fire earlier spouted one of the Rebel's Cyndaquil. "Stay there, around that area."

The Swablu swerved and flew to the indicated cluster, the glassy surface creating multiple images of her like in a carnival's House of Mirrors.

"Shall we dance?"

((Not that I know how Astonish is supposed to look like.))

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post May 18 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #49

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Paul look at the Aqua member. "I don't see why I should. It's pretty clear we can kick you out of here already." Paul told him. Though, the truth was, he just wanted to finish the mission and go after Magma. But he knew, they still had to destroy that shipment of fossils before they could finish up. "Now will you please leave so I don't have to tell my Mareep to zap you again?" Paul looked over at his Mareep who looked like she was ready to attack the Aqua member on command with electricity flowing through her fleece.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 19 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk looked up at the various Etheria reflections. Frowning, he glanced at his Pidgey, which was beggining to show signs of fatigue.

If that Swablu keeps this up, I'm gonna have to switch out for another Pokemon again... Well, I guess it's time to do a bit of repetition, eh?

Kishk's anger had abated by now, and his desperate side was starting to emerge, even though it couldn't be noticed on the outside.

"I think I'll take up your offer, Jan. LET'S DANCE! PIDGEY! Use Gust, fly under and use Quick Attack! Trap that Swabu in it's own crystal fortress!" he shouted, a plan already formulating in his mind.

After releasing a strong Gust, which gave the Pidgey some cover to fly under the icicles, it began a ferocious barrage of Quick Attacks, most of which missed. But that was part of the plan. Slowly, the Swablu was forced to back into a more tightly clustered group of icicles, and soon, it was trapped with only one way out: down.

"Now, use Quick Attack from under, and bring that Swablu down for Growlithe to finish off!"

The Pidgey darted upwards and collided on the Swablu's more exposed underbelly. The force of the blow knocked the wind from Etheria's lungs, and it fell heavily to the ground, although it still showed signs of a will to fight. At this, Kishk's pidgey retreated and perched on his shoulder, and allowed the Growlithe to jump forward once again. Placing one paw on the Swablu's neck, to stop it from moving and using Peck, the Growlithe released a short burst of Ember, and used Bite on the Swablu's wing.

"Call back your Pokemon, before I do worst than hurt it." Not for a single second did Kishk want to do more than hurt the Pokemon, but he also wanted the Pokemon's suffering to end, as well as the battle.

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post May 19 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

He wasn't making progress. This wasn't good. Mightyena was looking right at him now, and he couldn't reach the tuft of fur on the back of its head. On top of that, these Rebels were getting hostile, the leader-esque one even threatening to shock him again. Vincent stood up slowly, dusting himself off, and nodded politely to the two of them. Then, turning on the ball of his heel, he made his way to the front door, passing a Magma/Rebel battle on the way out that didn't interest him slightly, and left the building entirely. His boat was still on the shore of the river when he arrived, but instead of using it, he took a sharp stone lying on the ground near it and punctured it several times, to prevent its use.

Then Vincent released his Aerodactyl, newly reborn and slightly angry. The teen put a hand on the fossil's head and slowly spoke to it.

"Hey. I'm Vincent."

It responded unkindly, but remained still.

"Welcome to the future. I'm your master now. Did you have a master back in your day?"

It seemed to say yes, but Vincent couldn't be sure.

"Then you know how to fly a person, correct?"

It nodded, screeching unpleasantly. Vincent climbed aboard Aerodactyl, and together they took off toward the Aqua base further up the river, leaving Dustin, the truck, and the lab to the Rebels who had taken it from them. Vincent was confused, though. These Rebels were acting out. Normally they preferred stealth work and espionage. This was a full-out attack! And even though Vincent promised Daniel he wouldn't say anything, his boss would want to know what happened.

In his heart, Vincent didn't want to be the one to tell him.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: May 19 2010, 09:20 AM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post May 19 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #52

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel watched as Vincent quickly walked out of the building and disappeared from view.

"Hey Paul, I think we should melt this ice off and then try and drain the water so that none of the machinery is damaged. So call out Cyndaquil and have it use a light ember on the ice. Belle will do the same and Lily will use pound on the high up parts to bring down the ice." Daniel said turning to face Paul.

Belle and Lily were still out of their pokeballs and soon got to work. Lily used her Leaf Blade to slice of chunks of ice from the walls, whilst Belle melted the floor ice and evaporated the water.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 20 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #53

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Jan watched expressionlessly. What was this? This line of attacking...it was somewhat rushed...and almost...desperate? She took one short glance at Kishk, who didn't quite look as fired up as before, and by the time her attention was back on the battle, Pidgey had found a way to bring Etheria out of the cluster, although the damage she took was not so evident.

"Call back your Pokemon, before I do worse than hurt it."

Strange. He almost looked like he wasn't prepared to do that. Jan stared at him. For quite a while. Her gaze sifted back to Etheria, who was looking with beady little eyes, wing under Growlithe's fangs. Pained little eyes, though pained little eyes ready to serve.

Jan, needless to say, loathed that sort of look. But if she withdrew her now, that would be a little predictable, hmm? One last parting gift, then.
"Just one more Astonish."
Etheria obliged, causing the Growlithe to flinch and jump off, freeing her.
"Peck."
By the time Etheria had finished the fiercest Peck she oculd muster at the moment, Jan had her Pokeball ready. In a few moments she was switched out...with Sparky. And the naughty little Pichu looked pumped for a battle. Like always.

First of all, Growlithe was one of the Pokemon who did greater damage to Etheria, and she didn't want history to repeat too much, did she?
"Why don't you give him a little Charm?"
Thing was, provided the numerous times he needed to do that to get out of a huge scolding, Sparky was pretty good at Charm. Growlithe looked distracted enough, and in the first place the move was designed to lower Attack, so that shouldn't be as big as a problem as it was previously.
"Thundershock."
Sparky let out a bolt of lightning, which, provided the numerous distractions dished out earlier, hit Growlithe pretty good.

And that moment, it seemed like the ice in the room was thinning out. In the background Jan could see the other Rebels using their Pokemon to warm up the room. Ah, well, looks like it was going to be a normal battle after all. No more icicles for cover.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 24 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk watched as his Growlithe took a direct hit from the Thundershock. Cursing quietly, he looked at the Jan's waist, and noticed only 1 other Pokeball there.

After this Pichu... only one more... I must win!

"Growlithe! Can you still fight?" he asked his Growlithe, which even tired and hurt, was still willing to keep fighting. "Alright, then use Ember on that Pichu, follow it up with Tackle, and finish it with Bite! If he's still not down, back off and wait for the retaliation!"

Jumping up quickly, the Growlithe launched a stream of flames at the Pichu, which attempted to dodge, but got caught in the flames. As the Pichu winced in pain, Kishk's Growlithe used Tackle with all the strength it could muster, sending the Pichu flying across the room. It landed with a heavy thud on the ground, and was quickly pinned down by the Growlithe, in a similar move to when he immobilized Etheria.

After using a strong Bite, the Growlithe jumped back and onto one of the resurrection machines, preparing to dodge a counter-attack.

Good... we can do this Growlithe...

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 26 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #55

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

It seemed like Kishk's flames of anger were completely doused out now. Jan almost laughed--It was amusing how some people could be so...bipolar at times. She didn't, though, as no matter how he was feeling, he was still fighting, but he was starting to be a little....repetetive. Then again there was not much left to surprise each other with, similar with herself. So...now there was only two factors of the battle left--Offense and defense.

Growlithe's Attack was already slightly lowered by the earlier Charm, so now...
"Tail Whip, followed by another Thundeshock."
Sparky wiggled its tail at the Growlithe, somewhat distracting it enough to take more damage from the Thundershock. It wasn't much, but Growlithe was likely to dodge if Sparky had shot a straight-on assault. And again it was standing on the ressurection machine. It could have leapt into the air and attempted something, but Sparky looked like he didn't need anyone to tell him that and was bouncing from side to side, injured but beady gaze fixed on Growlithe intently for any sign of movement.

...In all honesty, though? Jan was getting...she didn't know. Bored? Battles were never something she enjoyed. And out of the corner of her eye, she was still watching the other Rebels for any signs on any course of action they might take...every detail has a role, after all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 26 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #56

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk looked up at Jan's face, this time trying his hardest to ignore her looks. He noticed a certain boredom in her voice and actions. Perhaps she was tired of battling? In that case, Kishk knew what to do.

Alright... Growlithe you're almost done... finish up your role, and make way for Poochyena!

"Growlithe, jump behind it and use Growl! Then follow it up with Tackle!" he told his Growlithe, hoping that the Pichu was as weak as he thought. He watched as his Growlithe jumped sideways at another machine and pushed off against it, soaring above the Pichu and landing perfectly. The Pichu turned to it in surprise, ready to retaliate, but Growlithe used his Growl, lowering the Pichu's attack and distracting it for a few seconds. The Tackle that followed up left the Pichu pinned between the Growlithe and a resurrection machine.

"Now! Finish it with Ember!"

Still keeping the Pichu pinned against the machine, the tired Growlithe released a jet of Ember that engulfed both of them in flames. For a few seconds, nothing could be seen among the persisting flames, but slowly, they died out to reveal both Pokemon fainted on the ground.

Not exactly the best outcome... x_x.gif

"Growlithe, return!" said Kishk, holding up a Pokeball with his left hand, while his right pressed the button on another Pokeball. "And go! Poochyena!" In two flashes of red, the Growlithe was back into his Pokeball, and the Poochyena was out, glad to be out of his Pokeball.

"So... you're down to one Pokemon. D'you wish to continue fighting, or d'you want to give up? I'm fine with either one, but I'd rather you gave up." he told Jan, hoping she would give up already.

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 27 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #57

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Jan took Sparky back, glaring at Kishk with a slim eyebrow raised. "There's no reason to give up if I haven't lost yet." Sure, she was bored, but ti didn't mean she had to give up. After all, she's be more bored if she had nobody to battle, considering nothing noteworthy was currently taking place aside from that battle.

She looked at the Poochyena he had sent out. A dark type, meaning this would be a battle without type favorism. And Ember was the only Pokemon she had left, her strongest. She wouldn't stop until either had won. She tossed the Pokeball remaining, and Ember came out with a chirp, then glared at the opponent menacingly.
"Focus Energy, then Ember."
The Torchic paused, gathering strength, then let out the hottest Ember she could muster, hitting the Poochyena full-force.
For now, simple tactics. But then again, fire was fun to play with. It could do quite interesting things...

--------------------
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Jun 1 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #58

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Getting impatient Daniel shouted to Kishk. "Wrap it up mate, the delivery will be here soon and we need to sort it out!"

He turned to Paul and said, "Right, we better set up an ambush so that we can take these fossils without a fight. Let's go outside and see what we've got to work with."

Paul and Daniel walked to the outside of the building and looked at their surroundings. Many trees, a few streams, some bushes and plenty of boulders. Perfect for a trap.

Daniel relayed his idea to Paul, who agreed that it sounded like a good idea. They soon began the preparations by moving the boulders to create a blockade sort of thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kishk
post Jun 1 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

He turned his attention to Reeves for a moment.

"I'll be right there!" he called to Reeves, which was already walking out of the room.

Ah... and her final Pokemon is a Fire-type! Thank the heavens, I was getting desperate! Now, time to stop playing silly games and end this in style...

"Poochyena, Leer, Growl, then Tackle!" he ordered his Poochyena, which understood why it was being given these orders.

Jumping back a few inches, the Poochyena gave the Torchic a piercing Leer, followed by a ferocious Growl. This combination lowered the Torchic's Defense and Attack, and left it scared for long enough for the Poochyena to charge forward at full speed and force in a mighty Tackle. The attack was so powerful that it launched the Torchic off its feet and onto a wall.

"Good, Growl, Leer and wait to dodge the retaliation!"

This time in an inverted order, Poochyena executed the same combination, lowering once again the Torchic's Attack and Defense. Jumping back a few feet, the Poochyena stared at the Torchic, awaiting a counter-attack.

"Well, Jan," said Kishk, directing his words at the girl. "Wanna give up now? The battle's nearly over and it's getting extremely boring now. Wouldn't you rather be running around the building, trying to steal a fossil? Or perhaps even going after that truck?"

This post has been edited by Kishk: Jun 1 2010, 02:35 PM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Jun 3 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Aerodactyl smoothly landed on the side of the river near the Aqua headquarters. Dismounting, Vincent quickly returned his ancient pokemon to its pokeball and made his way to his CO's office. The man was behind his desk, talking to PorygonZ, and paid no attention to Vincent for the longest time. In response, Vincent said nothing, and instead opted to wait for his CO to acknowledge him first.

The man turned in his chair, his face neutral. "Yes?"

"Sir, the facility's been compromised."

Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, Vincent's CO retained his neutral composure, although a smile appeared to be breaking out. "And the truck?"

"Status unknown. It could be on its way to a trap."

"Interesting. Vincent, you know I never sanctioned that facility, correct?"

"Umm....No, sir."

"This entire fossil escapade was doomed to fail. I know this, because it wasn't my idea."

"That seemed a bit....proud."

"But isn't it true?" his CO asked dubiously. "The lab, destined to fall to the hands of the enemy. The truck, filled to the brim with rocks and nothing more." Then he turned back to Vincent. "And, let's not forget how I got you onto this mission in the first place."

Vincent nodded admiringly. "So this whole thing was set up. I was supposed to come back and report failure."

"Exactly. I knew if you told me the truck never made it, you'd succeeded. Now they'll get a whole shipment of junk ores and boulders, while all the real fossils from the dig are....still at the dig."

That got Vincent's attention. "You....never recovered the fossils?"

"Why bother? We don't have a facility to run them through anymore."

"But," Vincent continued, "they're still pokemon. We can recover the facility, resurrect those different-"

"My orders, Grunt," cut in the man, "were to hand the facility to the Rebels and deny them fossils to regenerate." Vincent noted in the back of his mind the man had neglected the word resurrect in favor of a more generic term. "The whole setup was precise. You jeopardize the whole mission by suggesting we retake that lab."

Stunned silent, Vincent had no choice but to drop the subject. The Rebels would no doubt eventually find fossils to resurrect and would begin teaching those poor pokemon whatever evils they wished. The thought made Vincent sick to his stomach. So he retired to his quarters, lying on the bed, letting his other four pokemon romp of the floor with on another as they usually did. Lanette finally came back from her mission after an hour or so, and saw him lying there. She asked him what was wrong, and he went into detail about his day.

"To be honest," said Lanette melodically, "the plan did seem a little convenient in hindsight. If that truck had nothing more than rocks, the Rebels may never find the real fossils."

"I don't want to risk that, Lanette," Vincent replied wearily. "That's why I'm so....depressed."

"Don't be," she replied, slightly more eccentrically than normal, as she removed her bandanna. "It's your birthday."

Vincent sat up, wide eyed, and looked at his fiancée. "Wha-....what?"

"Happy eighteenth."

And the doors of the room locked shut.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Jun 11 2010, 09:13 AM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:27 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.