Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
30 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
January Community Thread, Happy new year! Do you have a resolution planned?
Jen
post Dec 31 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

January Community Thread!

The December Community thread has been moved here.

If you're new here then don't be shy! The community thread is the place to come and chat with fellow members of the site who share a common interest with you. Talk about whatever you want, whether it's GPX related or something going on in your personal life, just be sure to read the rules first before posting. There's always someone on the forums to read and respond to your posts, so chat away and maybe you'll meet some great people!

Rules
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• Do not post your shinies here, there's a shiny thread for that. Discussing them is OK though! Just make sure you add content to your post.

• Make sure your post contains worthwhile content. If you're posting an exploration Pokémon to be fed berries then be sure to add other content to your post. Same with discussing shinies. Find people to reply to or start a discussion yourself! Your post must, with the shiny portion and berry feeding hypothetically removed*, not read as if you're talking to yourself. To clarify, your post should not be an out-loud thought to yourself, and should contain more general discussion than just information on your current shiny luck.

*if you were to read your post, skipping over any mention of shinies, the post should still sound like a good post.

If any posts are found breaking this rule then they will be instantly deleted and handed a 10% warn.

• Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that. This is mostly for raging at staff or site events that you don't like.

Hopefully helpful examples! (click to show)

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• Memes and Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but meme and gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! Make sure you put these in a spoiler tag.

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.

• If you'd like to advertise something, then be sure you put it in your signature. Youtube, Deviantart (No smut), Fanfication (No smut), Twitch, adoptable sites, your own minecraft servers are all fine. If you Live stream give a heads up that you're live, but be sure to add content. Don't just link dump. Send a PM if you have any questions about anything else!
Monthly Raffle

Nominations are now gone, and I'm using post count to determine how many entries you have into the raffle. The first 19 posts you have will count as one entry, and every ten after that will count as an extra. Think of it as the first number of your post count is how many entries you have. To see what your post count is, click on the number of replies any certain thread has. Nothing else on the site will influence the amount of entries you receive, so if you'd like a chance to win, then post here frequently!

The raffle is what chooses who gets to choose what's in next month's egg distribution. There are no other site advantages other than that, and even then the whole site gets a chance at that Pokémon that you chose!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Dec 31 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

January Egg Distribution!

How to get an egg from this event
  • You must keep at least one slot open in your party.
  • You MUST have logged in sometime on GPX+ in the last two weeks.
  • You can not be in the restricted group.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES
  1. No, you do NOT have to be online at the time I am sending out eggs.
  2. These eggs do NOT show up in the Lab for the event. They are sent out randomly.
  3. There is ONE set shiny for each Pokémon, but every other egg has a regular chance of being shiny.
  4. If you obtain ONE of the eggs from this event, you will NOT be able to obtain another one from this same event. This means if you get an egg on day 1 of this event, you can't get an event egg from any other day during this event. By the way, abandoning an event egg does nothing. So if you get one you might as well keep it and be happy.
  5. If we find any accounts being made just to get eggs from the event then they will be immediately banned along with your main.
  6. If you were a winner of the raffle, your chosen Pokémon will be spawned into your party on the day of the event. It won't be forced shiny, but there's always a small chance just like any other egg! This will not count as an event egg and you can still receive one from the event.
  7. There is no guarantee that you'll receive an egg. There have been about 3k users online daily and there are only 1,750 eggs going out, so that at least gives you a little more than a 50% chance at getting something.
  8. Eggs chosen will not be available to pick from again for 3 months. If x egg was in the January egg distribution, then it can not be chosen again until April.
  9. The event runs at 4 p.m. server time.
Event dates and what's being handed out
  • January 2nd: Raikou - Winner: x Sam - 350 eggs
  • January 3rd: Azelf - Winner: Luneon - 350 eggs
  • January 4th: Xerneas - Winner: Cryptic Lyric - 350 eggs
  • January 5th: Pokii - 350 eggs
  • January 6th: Summer Swinub - 350 eggs

--------------------

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Jan 1 2017, 12:00 AM
Post #3

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Happy New Year!

Not sure which one of the raffle Pokemon I'll go for, they are all so lovely! I think I'll try for Raikou, maybe I'll get the guaranteed shiny grin.gif.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Jan 1 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #4

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

Happy New Year everyone. happy.gif

Hm.... I'll just leave my party open each day and take what I get.

--------------------
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 1 2017, 12:05 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Shadow Fennekin @ Jan 1 2017, 01:02 AM) *
Happy New Year everyone. happy.gif

Hm.... I'll just leave my party open each day and take what I get.

Exactly. That's the only way to work it. {Not that I NEED a shiny Pokii. But that's beside the point.}

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Jan 1 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

I was so confused at first. Darn west coast time. I kind of miss being on server time lol. Going to try for a buttload of coins today. Currently hunting Pokii so I think I'll keep my party closed until that day.

This post has been edited by The Yatagarasu: Jan 1 2017, 12:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gym Leader Clay
post Jan 1 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #7

doot doot
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 031

R/S/E favorites

I'm too tired for anything I have the spirit of an eighty year old man living in a noisy world rn—--

I'll just grab what I can out of the raffle event thing. nothing I'm particularly desiring to be honest, though I might just go for a novelty and I can't remember if azelf is the one I don't have. The gottdang emotion trio looks too much alike to me oops

--------------------

|Gpx+ Party|Twitter|Deviantart|Tumblr|
groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Jan 1 2017, 12:32 AM
Post #8

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

Xerneas. So going for Xerneas. Doing Mewtwo and Mew explorations. Also here's hoping that 2017 is much better than 2016, in general, and in my personal life.

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Serend
post Jan 1 2017, 12:34 AM
Post #9

Ready to roll.
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 046

Round Things

woohoo another year

Here's hoping this one will be a tad better than the last :p

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jan 1 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Yes indeed, happy happy new year. I'm still here. Somehow. Still trundling along.

But I have a BAD feeling about 2017. Why? Because the first tv ad was for the 50 Shades sequel. Why. WHYYYYYYY. x.x

On the other hand, yay gen 7 Wymsy.gif

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 1 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Gym Leader Clay @ Jan 1 2017, 01:17 AM) *
I'll just grab what I can out of the raffle event thing. nothing I'm particularly desiring to be honest, though I might just go for a novelty and I can't remember if azelf is the one I don't have.

Nope. It's not. You need Mesprit. It took me forever to find that. I tried to do it by hand at first. But after I did Ctrl-F, I found it a lot easier. LOL

I started Mew just so I would have something to do to work on my Activity Score. So, this little monster needs to be fed:

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jan 1 2017, 12:52 AM
Post #12

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

Happy new year everyone! I hatched a shiny already for 2017 so that's nice lol happy.gif. Hope everyone has an amazing year.

Anybody have any resolutions or any goals?

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Jan 1 2017, 01:01 AM
Post #13

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

a new year new me!

jk still not gonna have a job before I get outta school and am still gonna weigh 140-50kg

--------------------
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Jan 1 2017, 01:25 AM
Post #14

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

It's finally 2017! Can't believe it's here!

Not much of a resolution person here, but I guess my goal is to be a better person and not be so emotional sometimes, because I have problems with that a lot.

I'm doing Jirachi first. It took me a while to find the Pokemon needed. I forgot how much of them were needed for this one.

Please feed these three some Chesto berries?

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Love
post Jan 1 2017, 01:39 AM
Post #15

If love is a labor, I'll slave till the end
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 047

Active Squad

Ahhh, Xerneas! I think I need to keep a free spot on the 4th!
Oops, I got so excited about Xerneas that I forgot a resolution! I've already been working on this one, but standing up to my family more often, especially when I'm in a position where I can educate them. Maybe all they need is a little knowledge!

This post has been edited by Love: Jan 1 2017, 01:41 AM

--------------------

Married on May 8, 2011!
Past names: Fearow, Mewtu, Mebukijika, Sawsbuck, Truth
+Quote Post

Indigo Sapphire
post Jan 1 2017, 02:20 AM
Post #16

I'm not that interesting I'm sorry.
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 587

Par-taay.

My New Years' Resolution I guess is to enjoy this year? I'm in 11th grade this year and I'm terrified of graduation two years from now... so I kinda just want to live now instead of procrastinate about the future. ;P

And I like all of these distribution Pokemon and I don't have any of their egg entries either so woohoo.

--------------------
Why, hello there.

+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Jan 1 2017, 02:32 AM
Post #17

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

oh man gonna stay up tonight hatching the FUCK outta eggs. decided if I can make it to 2k, I might as well do it, just in case

--------------------
+Quote Post

Targaryen
post Jan 1 2017, 04:55 AM
Post #18

Mother of Dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 261

Favorites

happy new year everyone. i work so i won't be able to take advantage of the raffle thing (RIP teenage years on GPX+ where I used to be able too lol) i hope everyone's new year is bountiful!

what achievements are you trying to go for on GPX+? the 250k and the Subway Commuter achievements will always be unavailable to me but i hope i'll be able to get Godsend or one of the other more difficult ones!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ninja Squirrel T...
post Jan 1 2017, 05:53 AM
Post #19

Ashlie's Minnions
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 679

the best ever

Happy new year everyone I finally got all UBs in pokemon Sun

--------------------
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Jan 1 2017, 06:54 AM
Post #20

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

Happy New Year, everyone!
I wish you all a very healthy, happy, peaceful and fun 2017!

As for resolutions, I'd like to lose some weight after all this eating (which was fun + delicious, but enough is enough haha).
Just taking care of some leftovers today and maybe tomorrow, and then it's all back to normal.
Also, one of my resolutions is to not stress out too much over my new house - take care of one thing at a time, take my time thinking things over and not make too many decisions at once. I want to do this at my own pace!

As for GPX+, I'm looking forward to being nice 'n active today.
It would be really nice if shiny Purple Kecleon decided to appear soon (604 eggs and counting).

As for the distribution Pokémon, I think I might try for Raikou. If that doesn't work out, I'll aim for either Azelf or Xerneas.

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

30 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:48 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.