Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[D/P] Milotic
Lester Burnham
post Aug 18 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

Milotic
Pokedex #: 350
Type: Water
Base Stats:
95 HP/60 Atk/79 Def/100 Sp.Atk/125 Sp.Def/81 Spd
Total: 540
Tier: Overused

Ability: Marvel Scale--Milotic's Defense is increased whenever it is Paralyzed, Poisoned, Burned, Asleep, or Frozen.

Opening Thoughts
Milotic's best chance is as a wall--Special or Mixed. It has a fairly nice set of Egg Moves, including Mirror Coat, Dragonbreath, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, and Tickle. Milotic also serves as a counter for Salamence--It's got the defenses to survive an attack and the attack power to do enough damage with Ice Beam/Blizzard. With Rest/Sleep Talk, Milotic also has the ability to recover and attack still.

Moveset 1: Rest/Sleep Talk
milotic.gif@Lefties/Focus Sash
Calm
[[Marvel Scale]]
252 Sp.Def/128 HP/124 Def/6 Sp.Atk

Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Best possible Special Defense for Milotic, and a high HP. Good enough to survive enough hits and recover with Rest when necessary.

Moveset 2: Status Infliction
milotic.gif@Focus Sash/Lefties
Bold
[[Marvel Scale]]
252 Def/252 Sp.Def/6 HP

Toxic
Confuse Ray
Surf
Ice Beam

I don't recommend Hypnosis because Darks/Ismoniacs/Sleep Clause is torture. However, you get Poison and Confusion on this set, and possible Freeze.

Moveset 3: Mixed Wall
milotic.gif@Focus Sash/Lefties
Bold
[[Marvel Scale]]
252 Def/252 Sp.Def/6 HP

Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Same set as before but now as a Mixed Wall.

Counters
Blissey: SeismicBliss gets 100 damage automatically and has the best Sp.Def in the game. Milotic doesn't get enough Sp.Atk to overrun Blissey here.
Watch out, too, for Dream Eater and Nightmare off Rest.

Other Options
Recover, Captivate, Attract, Safeguard, Aqua Ring, Strong enough Hidden Powers, Dragon Pulse are all up for consideration.

Final Thoughts
Strong enough for a wall with more Sp.Atk than Blissey so you can actually wipe out Salamence. tongue.gif

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Richard and Blaz...
post Aug 18 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Mr. Blaziken
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 646

Richard's team

Just a note, I don't think Dark types are immune to the effects of Hypnosis, but I could be wrong. It's a status move, just like Charm works on Ghost type Pokemon, so it should be fine, but you're right, Toxic > Hypnosis, due to Sleep Clause. Dragon Pulse isn't great, as Ice Beam already handles most Dragons. It could hit the occasional Kingdra, who would otherwise laugh at its main attacking moves, but wouldn't appreciate a Toxic attack.

--------------------

I don't have Wi-Fi, so please don't ask. =(

^This avatar made by Smythy. 8D
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:14 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.