Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nuzlocke Challenge!, Share your stories, or start your own
Unnoticeable Koh...
post Jul 29 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #1

Still around
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 54 909

Epics

Has anyone ever done the challenge on this site?
WTF is the challenge you speak of? (click to show)

I want to know your stories.

Mine: I am currently playing through Sapphire as I type.
My first pokemon was TACKLESPAM, an appropiately named starter IMHO. I used him to get a dream team aka my babies. Sadly they all perished.

MY BABIES (click to show)

My remaining babies are Annie (Altaria), Wings (Crobat), Lilly (Manectric), and my most recent bundle of joy, Joshua (Linoone)

CURRENT TEAM (click to show)

I was training today for the flying gym, and Alejandro (Lady Gaga fan *shot'd*) died. Not only being my baby, he was the closest thing I had to love, since my BF went on vacation yesterday. sad.gif

When I am done my series, I'll put it on my new deviantArt account.

This post has been edited by Terezi Pyrope: Aug 29 2012, 12:10 PM

--------------------
[align=centerOccasionally pops in to post in various threads, best way to get back to me is via pm[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

rimjet
post Jul 30 2012, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9 295

My Favorites

I started a Nuzlocke challenge in Ruby but I lost to the Magma guy on top of the Volcano and I didn't bother to restart from the beginning of the game. I just didn't have it in me. It looks like you got pretty lucky in your pokemon selection, though. I ended up with way too many wurmple, a ralts would have helped me out a lot.

Good luck with the rest of your game, you've already gotten further than I did!

--------------------
avatar fanart from pixiv id #17459980
+Quote Post

Lokadyne
post Jul 30 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 168 835

Active Squad

I did a couple of runs before on Sapphire. My most recent one was when I reached Mt. Chimney...and lost my whole team.
I started to tear up watching everyone, including Agi, my Combusken, faint.

My current one...just includes a lot of grinding. I'm not in a mood to play it at the moment.
+Quote Post

Spokesman
post Jul 30 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #4

I see you fantasy, you wanna make it a reality paved in gold
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 684

Living Things

MY friend found a copy of Pearl, and since he already has one he gave it to me. I'm Nuzlocking that, but I haven't played in a while so I can't remember where I am in it.

--------------------
Came back on a whim because I saw something that reminded me of here. If you remember me, hit me up on Discord CHR|Flygon#8505 and if you a real one, tell me where I frequented most on here so we can catch up like the old days.
+Quote Post

Unnoticeable Koh...
post Jul 30 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #5

Still around
Group Icon

Epics

It's good to know I'm not the only one who lost team mates to the Team on the volcano.

I joke in my saph that they are Team Edward, expanding the sea to impress Bella and get the upper hand to Team Jacob (magma) who wants more territory.

--------------------
[align=centerOccasionally pops in to post in various threads, best way to get back to me is via pm[/align]
+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post Jul 30 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #6

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

I'm busy with a Heatgold nuzlock. I got all badges now and have to go to the elite four.
I lost 5 pokemon. After I finshed this one I will do a Leafgreen nuzlocke challenge.
I'm planning to make a comic of it. I even have a story in my head.

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cursola
post Jul 31 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 844

★ Magic

Started in Heart Gold. In just getting to Azalea Town I lost my geodude, my spinarak and my gastly.
Never again.

Or maybe again.
Maybe.

--------------------

paparazzi ⪼ cursola
+Quote Post

rimjet
post Aug 1 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 295

My Favorites

I actually would like to try again, I just don't think I'll be trying this on Ruby. I have a new leaf green cart that I got from a thrift store, so maybe I'll try again on that.

--------------------
avatar fanart from pixiv id #17459980
+Quote Post

MikeyRules112
post Aug 1 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 061

My Favorites.

I was doing a Nuzlocke run in my Fire Red.
It's been a while since I've played it though.
I believe I was at Vermilion, grinding for money with the VS. Seeker. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Myuberry
post Aug 26 2012, 10:51 AM
Post #10

Mew is the only pokemon <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 005

MEW

I tried to Nuzlocke Emerald a while back. I failed miserably.
I did pretty good up until the Elite 4 where I was annihilated from under-level.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Unnoticeable Koh...
post Aug 29 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #11

Still around
Group Icon

Epics

Holy smokes, this is still up XD

my internal battery in my cartridge died. sad.gif

but atm in just wandering around Mt. Pyre and grinding.

I shalt updateth my team stats as soon as I post this. Roderick needs some love too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

iBeebs
post Sep 20 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 138 766

Active Squad

Currently, I'm nuzlocking my Leafgreen. It's my first nuzlocke, so I'm nervous that I may lose my entire team. I've gave myself three "revives," so I can decide who I want to keep alive or let die.

Currently, I have had three deaths.

The first one was my first Rattata, Benson, killed by a wild Spearow. The second was an extra Pidgey I had captured whom I was training up with my first, named Ijeo, killed by a wild Spearow. DX I now hate Spearows and Fearows.

My final one...was one I loved dearly.

AT the time, my team was:
Jeklan/ Venusaur Male
Mari/ Pidgeotto Female
Nellie/ Nidoqueen Female
Whirsh/ Vaporeon Male

I was battling Giovanni, so I sent Nellie out, knowing she was at full health, had fighting type moves, and could easily take the normal type.
We were doing great; Nellie had taken out half of this Kangaskhan's health within one turn, so I went for a final move.
The opponent was faster, so it went first. Kangaskhan used Body Slam. I watched, devastated, as Nellie fainted. Nellie barely had lost any health (literally thirty HP) and I collapsed when she fainted.
I had raised her since she was a Nidoran, at level 6. SHe died at level 32. TT__TT
I decided not to revive her, but it broke me to lose such a well-loved Pokemon.

As of right now, my team is:
Jeklan / Venusaur Male
Mari / Pidgeot Female
Hagon / Hitmonlee Male
Whirsh / Vaporeon Male
Marlene / Nidoqueen Female

I was lucky I went into the Safari Zone to find something good. (Maybe a Kangaskhan or a Nidorina) I caught Marlene there, and while she isn't the Nellie I wanted to keep, she's great. SHe had some great moves when she was caught.

I'm almost done with the game; Hopefully I can finish it without losing anymore.
+Quote Post

bijoukaiba
post Sep 20 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #13

Proud NB Gator & writer
Group Icon

Member No.: 45 767

My Sapphires

I'm actually doing two at one time.

I have a Yellow run of Nuzlocke, and I'm about to go through Rock Tunnel. I have a team of my Pikachu "Kiiro", a Mankey "Tyson", a Graveler "Granite", a Pidgeotto "Piyo", a Gloom "Olivia", and a Weepinbell "Sassafras". I currently have my Pidgeotto switched out to grind a Drowzee "Joe", which I taught Flash to get through the cave. You know... in case of emergency. Everyone but Joe is roughly around Lvl 26.

I also have a Ruby run going as well. (Terezi, you'll probably like this one wink.gif )

Grovyle Female - "Adele"
Zigzagoon Male - "Iggy"
Ralts Female - "Kanaya"
Shroomish Male - "Egbert"
Zubat Female - "Coco"
Loudred Female - "Gossip"

We're grinding before we take on Dewford Gym. I'm trying to get everyone in their 20s, because I was surprisingly unprepared for Roxanne. It was frightening to almost lose my starter. I think Brawly (?) has Pokemon around Lvl 18, so I want to be on the safe side. (It's probably cheating because it's so cheap, but Zigzagoon's Pick Up has helped A LOT)

I had started a pretty good run on Red, but my file got "corrupted" and everything was deleted. sad.gif It's a shame, I had a great Beedrill that helped me beat Misty. That was when I turned to Yellow.

EDIT: My internal battery on Ruby and Sapphire has died too! It makes me so sad... I'm that much closer to losing my beloved Sapphire team of almost 10 years.
My Silver cartridge is pretty much "completely dead", as not even the memory will save. Every time you turn it on, you get "NEW GAME" and "OPTIONS" only.
My best Blue Pokemon were on my Gold cartridge, so I imagine the same fate has befallen them (I can't check for sure, because that cartridge is at my parents' house and I'm off at college). Rest in peace, my dears.

This post has been edited by bijoukaiba: Sep 20 2012, 05:42 PM

--------------------

I BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE!
+Quote Post

Khare
post Sep 20 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 198

Soul Silver

My first Nuzlocke was when I first played through Pokemon White. It was an ill-fated journey that ended almost as soon as it begun, as Cheren's Tepig scored a critical hit against my poor Snivy. Later (I continued playing as normal since the starter battle wasn't very fair), Lenora's Watchog murdered the rest of my team and ended my run. I gave up on Nuzlocking that.

My Crystal run ended up being much better. I ended up beating the game with Meganium, Slowbro, Magneton, Granbull (surprisingly helpful), Arcanine and Dragonite. I lost a lot of other Pokemon, such as Raticate, Butterfree, Haunter, shiny(!) Farfetch'd and many more, but I managed to beat the Elite Four as well as Lance without losing any more team members. I made my run into a small, personal story that the Slowbro (obtained as a Slowpoke from the Slowpoke Well near the beginning of the game) encouraged me to not just focus on getting badges, but to take on Team Rocket because of what they did to her and her family/friends. In my mind, she too lost her tail until it finally regrew when she evolved. Silly I know, but it was entertaining to think about at the time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Unnoticeable Koh...
post Sep 29 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #15

Still around
Group Icon

Epics

I got my story up and running! It needs love and feedback, considering I drew it during class with a cruddy fineliner.
Its always nice to have one pokemon encouraging you throughout the series, like you said Khare.
I wanna see some of these stories, so please put a link up here!
Here is mine

@bijoukaiba: yesyesyesyes! <3333333333 i want to read that delicious nuzlocke!

This post has been edited by Terezi Pyrope: Sep 29 2012, 07:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:02 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.