Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Groups Moderation

If you create a new group, it will not appear instantly. Your thread must first be approved by a moderator. Do not try and repost it!

157 Pages V  « < 151 152 153 154 155 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Networking Ninjas!, Adding to our PalPads! 1,974/2,000 users have Social Network!
Please participate in our Poll and post positive or negative feedback in the thread
How did you find this thread?
I received an invitation [ 69 ]  [39.88%]
From someone's signature/Journal/status [ 76 ]  [43.93%]
From another GPX+ Group [ 6 ]  [3.47%]
From the Search feature [ 22 ]  [12.72%]
What do you think of this Group?
I think the goal is useful [ 164 ]  [93.71%]
I think the rules are too strict [ 5 ]  [2.86%]
I think the goal is useless [ 6 ]  [3.43%]
I think the rules are too lax [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
If you are part of this Group, how would you describe your experience so far? (If positive or negative please share in thread)
I feel connected to other Members [ 26 ]  [12.04%]
I get no feeling of teamwork here [ 4 ]  [1.85%]
The leaders are doing a good job [ 48 ]  [22.22%]
The leaders need to improve [ 2 ]  [0.93%]
I'm a member [ 37 ]  [17.13%]
I'm not a member [ 99 ]  [45.83%]
If you are not part of this Group, what do you think of your experience so far? (If positive or negative please share in thread)
I think I am being fairly treated [ 58 ]  [27.10%]
I think I am being unfairly treated [ 1 ]  [0.47%]
I want to join in the future [ 61 ]  [28.50%]
I do not want to join in the future [ 5 ]  [2.34%]
I'm a member [ 41 ]  [19.16%]
I'm not a member [ 48 ]  [22.43%]
Do you think it would be fun if the Group unofficially adopted a Forum Game?
Yes, I would play [ 37 ]  [19.79%]
It depends on what game is chosen [ 63 ]  [33.69%]
No, I do not play Forum Games [ 26 ]  [13.90%]
I do not have a strong opinion [ 61 ]  [32.62%]
Do you think we are achieving our goal at a sufficient rate? (Please share any ideas in thread if your answer is other than"Yes")
Yes, we can't force others to participate [ 121 ]  [70.76%]
No, I think we can do more [ 4 ]  [2.34%]
A mixture of the two [ 46 ]  [26.90%]
Total Votes: 171
Guests cannot vote 

Makeltos
post Jul 9 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #3041

Dire wolf
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 222 377

Active Squad

Today I read Rookie's PM about the future of NN.

I felt devastated when I read about Gryph's passing (I read about it a few minutes ago). I left the site 2 years ago so I hadn't had any communications with her.

I made the original NN list that's still available in the first post and which she updated often (she had full access to it). We can use Barak's, as it's up to date.

To honor her memory I decide to come back and help achieve the 2k goal she set. Just tell me what to do.

--------------------
Proud member of the

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AlyaKAnne
post Jul 9 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #3042

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 258 872

Active Squad

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Jul 9 2020, 10:10 PM) *
Today I read Rookie's PM about the future of NN.

I felt devastated when I read about Gryph's passing (I read about it a few minutes ago). I left the site 2 years ago so I hadn't had any communications with her.

I made the original NN list that's still available in the first post and which she updated often (she had full access to it). We can use Barak's, as it's up to date.

To honor her memory I decide to come back and help achieve the 2k goal she set. Just tell me what to do.

Welcome back, fellow Azurite Knight. It's been really rough since her passing. We still use your data / template style, I think.

Hm. If possible, you could add Doot & Ravenclaw3ever to your palpad, since they're so close to their achievement. Only one left for each. You can also add the others from the updated list or from my profile.

I'm not sure who chose all from the list, but if you wanted to, you could choose each person to advertise in your status at a time until they reach their achievement. I think the next ones on the list are ShiningScyther and aurordream.

Shinyrhyhorn11 has reached their achievement but needs unlocking. So I'm going to let Rookie Roo get in touch with him and update my status to, I think, aurordream.

--------------------
Find me or PM me. I'll add you for SN.

+Quote Post

Makeltos
post Jul 9 2020, 10:42 PM
Post #3043

Dire wolf
Group Icon

Member No.: 222 377

Active Squad

QUOTE(AlyaKAnne @ Jul 9 2020, 09:46 PM) *
Welcome back, fellow Azurite Knight. It's been really rough since her passing. We still use your data / template style, I think.

Hm. If possible, you could add Doot & Ravenclaw3ever to your palpad, since they're so close to their achievement. Only one left for each. You can also add the others from the updated list or from my profile.

I'm not sure who chose all from the list, but if you wanted to, you could choose each person to advertise in your status at a time until they reach their achievement. I think the next ones on the list are ShiningScyther and aurordream.

Shinyrhyhorn11 has reached their achievement but needs unlocking. So I'm going to let Rookie Roo get in touch with him and update my status to, I think, aurordream.

I added both of them to my PalPad, and notified shinyrhyhorn11 and Ravenclaw3ever about the achievement. Hopefully they'll unlock it before they lose adds.

--------------------
Proud member of the

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jul 9 2020, 11:15 PM
Post #3044

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

Hey Makeltos!
It's been a looong time since I've read one of your posts, welcome back.

Then again, the circumstances are definitely not ideal, but at least more members are coming back at least to help with Gryph's goal.

I've been updating Barakiel's list daily, pretty much at midnight so yeah, it's pretty much what Kay said: add people that are in the list and perhaps advertise them too if possible.

Oh, and we might need to find more people to add in the list, if we decide to continue with Gryph's legacy too, otherwise with the current people on Tier 1 and a few from Tier 2 would be enough to accomplish Gryph's goal.
So, if you want, you could also keep an eye out for more people to add too.

Other than that, it's the waiting game.

I think I also sent a message to shiny but forgot to post it here. Or maybe I'm just delusional at the moment, in any case, we are 14 adds away from the goal, and hopefully shiny and ravenclaw will unlock tomorrow which would bring us to 12 adds away.

Ah, ˇy saludos compatriota!

This post has been edited by Rookie Roo: Jul 9 2020, 11:17 PM

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

AlyaKAnne
post Jul 9 2020, 11:25 PM
Post #3045

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Doot is SO CLOSE. Just one more. She'll also be the third unlock since she's pretty active, I think. I also spotted someone who was doing an achievement that I didn't see in the list or couldn't remember seeing in the list, but will have to look again because I lost the person while distracted with home stuff. Toonwonder, something like that.

Another thing to consider: When sending out the "Unlock Your Achievement" kind of PMs, do you think it might be good to also add at least 5 people from the list in the message? Frame it as a pay it forward deal, maybe. Kind of like, "Once you've unlocked it, you'll have free spots! Maybe consider adding these five people to help them reach SN?"

Edited: Found him. https://gpx.plus/user/toonwonderwizard

This post has been edited by AlyaKAnne: Jul 9 2020, 11:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jul 9 2020, 11:47 PM
Post #3046

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

I've noticed that people who use the desktop version of the site unlock faster than those of mobile, perhaps because they see the notification on the Achievements tab, while in Mobile you can't see that.

I've seen both Ravenclaw and Doot use the Desktop version so we'll hopefully see them around soon.

Yep, found the user you were talking about! toonwonderwizard is in the list now, Tier 3, so he has a lot more to go through but oh well. At least we managed to find'im.

About the PM, that is a good suggestion, and I think that when the group started we also had the same conversation.
If I'm not mistaken, we ended up choosing NOT to phrase it like that but rather just hinting at it on the PM -

If you would like to thank the Networking Ninjas for helping you unlock, please do so by adding someone else from our list.

- in order for it not to be read as a demand of sorts.

That being said, we can put that suggestion on the table!
In true fashion of the somewhat 'old days', we need the approval of at least six members of the group in order to implement it.

--------------------

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

+Quote Post

AlyaKAnne
post Jul 10 2020, 12:07 AM
Post #3047

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rookie Roo @ Jul 10 2020, 12:47 AM) *
I've noticed that people who use the desktop version of the site unlock faster than those of mobile, perhaps because they see the notification on the Achievements tab, while in Mobile you can't see that.

I've seen both Ravenclaw and Doot use the Desktop version so we'll hopefully see them around soon.

Yep, found the user you were talking about! toonwonderwizard is in the list now, Tier 3, so he has a lot more to go through but oh well. At least we managed to find'im.

About the PM, that is a good suggestion, and I think that when the group started we also had the same conversation.
If I'm not mistaken, we ended up choosing NOT to phrase it like that but rather just hinting at it on the PM -

If you would like to thank the Networking Ninjas for helping you unlock, please do so by adding someone else from our list.

- in order for it not to be read as a demand of sorts.

That being said, we can put that suggestion on the table!
In true fashion of the somewhat 'old days', we need the approval of at least six members of the group in order to implement it.

You're right, right after I sent that, I went and looked at the PM. Your PM led me right to the people I added to my pal pad. So, nevermind. It's perfect. I tend to be a demand-y person, so it's actually better to do things the way you're doing already. Yeah, toonwizard has a ways to go! I saw a few other people I still have on my list who have a ways to go, but they do have a decent start on it. HangyPanda, Lose My Tears, and Celaena are three. Demonic Platypus is getting along pretty good, maybe tier 2? And Cherubi Problematique is on my list for 54/75.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doot
post Jul 10 2020, 01:26 AM
Post #3048

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 45 078

Active Squad

Thank you for honoring Gryph by keeping this alive. Furthermore, thank y'all for helping me unlock it as part of her goal! Feel free to remove me to make space for more SN people. I'm forever grateful of Gryph and everyone else involved, so thank you again.
+Quote Post

Barakiel
post Jul 10 2020, 07:07 AM
Post #3049

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 208 093

Random Pokemons

Hmm lots of activity in here! Welcome back to those who joined us again happy.gif and a very good job to the rest of you who have been putting in the work!

@Mak I made a copy of your spreadsheet and that's what we've been using, thank God I still had some access to it!

@Rookie Roo we can alternate updating the spreadsheet just so you don't do it by yourself every day.

Shinyrhyhorn11 lost an add and is no longer eligible to unlock. Just a reminder that you can't tell if someone has unlocked by taking a look at their achievements, you need to use this link instead.

E: Minor Edit

This post has been edited by Barakiel: Jul 10 2020, 07:18 AM

--------------------

Original by Baymax, recolor by Makeltos
+Quote Post

Lilium Alice
post Jul 10 2020, 07:22 AM
Post #3050

Ahbloogiewoogiewoo
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 532

My Pokemans

Welcome back, Mak! Having you back will help us make progress even quicker! We're 13 away from Gryph's goal now.

Congratulations to Doot on achieving SN!

Keep up the amazing work, everyone!

I spotted a user who has a ways to go, but is trying to get SN that I haven't seen listed or in the spreadsheet yet.
https://gpx.plus/user/Plush+Nightingale/

This post has been edited by Lilium Alice: Jul 10 2020, 08:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ghostium
post Jul 10 2020, 02:15 PM
Post #3051

Pokémon Feeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 172

woop :)

Congrats, Doot! Glad to see the activity hasn't slowed down at all.
Here's some more users who are working towards SN, and have been online in the past couple weeks:

ThunderFox (51/75)
Kida (45/75)
CyberMagician (34/75)
DreamingNightmares (24/75)
Koholic (16/75)
GymLeaderWinona (15/75)
1905aslani (13/75)
chubbyfletchling (7/75)

Edit: Forgot two, whoops

This post has been edited by Shinyx: Jul 10 2020, 03:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ravenclaw3ever
post Jul 10 2020, 03:15 PM
Post #3052

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 113 547

Dream Team

Take my hand!

Forum name: Jess
GPX+ name: Ravenclaw3ever

Do you accept PMs asking for SN help? Yes
Do you want to receive PMs when there is Group business that requires decision making? Yes
Do you want to receive a Monthly PM about our mission's progress? Yes

I have read the rules and am willing to abide by them.
+Quote Post

Lilium Alice
post Jul 10 2020, 03:27 PM
Post #3053

Ahbloogiewoogiewoo
Group Icon

My Pokemans

QUOTE(Ravenclaw3ever @ Jul 10 2020, 03:15 PM) *
Take my hand!

Forum name: Jess
GPX+ name: Ravenclaw3ever

Do you accept PMs asking for SN help? Yes
Do you want to receive PMs when there is Group business that requires decision making? Yes
Do you want to receive a Monthly PM about our mission's progress? Yes

I have read the rules and am willing to abide by them.

Congratulations on unlocking SN and welcome to the crew! We're 12 away from 2,000 now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlyaKAnne
post Jul 10 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #3054

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Holy crap. Hello, everyone. So, we're at 1988. That's the best year, btw. Just saying. I can't believe we're 12 away. This is amazing. I'm still in the process of updating my profile and status. Just now have been able to really sit down today! Who is advertising who? I got aurordream.

Welcome to NN, Jess!

Congratulations, Doot.

Shinyx, you found a bunch of users.

This post has been edited by AlyaKAnne: Jul 10 2020, 04:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jul 10 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #3055

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

@Barakiel: You know, that's a perfect idea! I'll update it tomorrow then! grin.gif

@Lilium and Shinyx: I'm gonna add them to the list ASAP. Thank you!

@Jess: Hey there! Welcome to the Networking Ninjas! We hope you enjoy your stay. Gonna add you to the spreasheet's roster, too!

@Kay: I was advertising BENREY, but I changed it to shinyrhyhorn. He's been inactive for 3 days, but still, once he gets all the adds he needs, I probably will keepmy status with him at elast for one week or until he unlocks it. I think Shinyx is advertising ShiningScyther tho'.

Edit: I've noticed that you edited something Barakiel, thank you! I'm just gonna add the users that Lilium and Shinyx found.

This post has been edited by Rookie Roo: Jul 10 2020, 09:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlyaKAnne
post Jul 11 2020, 03:11 AM
Post #3056

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

@Rookie, that's excellent. All of y'all are so on top of this shiz. So organized and finding all the peoples. I have star eyes.

I found a few! There's PandaTempest who is at 48/75. She just needs 28 ppl. https://gpx.plus/user/PandaTempest/achievements

There is also FuzzelBerry, who is pretty active, tho they've got 13/75. That's 62. https://gpx.plus/user/FuzzelBerry/achievements

I can't remember if I already brought up RifRifRif. He's at 20/75, so 55. https://gpx.plus/user/RifRifRif/achievements

This post has been edited by AlyaKAnne: Jul 11 2020, 03:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ghostium
post Jul 11 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #3057

Pokémon Feeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 172

woop :)

ShiningScyther unlocked it, so I'm gonna put BENREY in my status. I've just been going with whoever's at the top of the clickable list that needs adds and isn't already being advertised. I agree with Kay, I really appreciate how organized everything is.

Only 11 to go now! Great work guys happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lilium Alice
post Jul 11 2020, 05:36 PM
Post #3058

Ahbloogiewoogiewoo
Group Icon

My Pokemans

Nice work!
It looks like FluffyPillow is ready to unlock now. Do we know if they've been PMed?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jul 11 2020, 08:14 PM
Post #3059

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

@Lilium: I think Gryph sent a PM to them, considering she had them on her status for a full week or more. But you bring an excellent question: Should we erase Fluffy or not ffrom the list? And the same goes for nuvema, since she hasn't unlocked either...

@Kay: Thank you! Gonna add them to the list (and update it) ASAP!

@Shinyx: As I said, I'm gonna stick with shinyrhyhorn for at least a week, so thank you for advertising BERNEY!

Edit: Hey guys! Just letting you know that TropicalPenguin came back from his hiatus I think. or at least, apparently, he was online yesterday!

This post has been edited by Rookie Roo: Jul 11 2020, 08:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Barakiel
post Jul 12 2020, 06:38 AM
Post #3060

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 208 093

Random Pokemons

Welcome the the new members happy.gif

QUOTE(Rookie Roo @ Jul 12 2020, 01:14 AM) *
@Lilium: I think Gryph sent a PM to them, considering she had them on her status for a full week or more. But you bring an excellent question: Should we erase Fluffy or not ffrom the list? And the same goes for nuvema, since she hasn't unlocked either...

Gryph did send a pm to them. I know because she wanted my opinion on what to do with this case, to which my reply was "if you did everything you could and there is no reply, don't waste any more time on it". To be fair, that user only seems to be logging in from mobile (same thing with nuvema) so I am not entirely sure how that affects their ability to read pms.

Went though the list and updated it. @Rookie roo I'll go for Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun regarding the spreadsheet update, you do the remaining days, unless you have any days that are not good for you. Let me know.

This post has been edited by Barakiel: Jul 12 2020, 06:39 AM

--------------------

Original by Baymax, recolor by Makeltos
+Quote Post

157 Pages V  « < 151 152 153 154 155 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:21 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.