Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Ditto Limit
Panda14616
post Dec 7 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 69 339

Active Squad

Is there a limit to how many Ditto's you can have? Like can you only own one because they are supposed to be common in the lab and I have yet to see on since I got the one I already have.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tablo
post Dec 7 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away.
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 863

Active Squad

I'm pretty sure the limit is one, in the lab at least, altho you'll be able to find them in the shelter.

Sadly for me I released mine a while back and can't get another one D:

--------------------

Founder of the Knights of the Round Table

+Quote Post

Taryn
post Dec 7 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #3

Papillion
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 325

Lovely Legend Squad

The limit is a rumor and therefore it cannot be said for certain if you can only find one Ditto.

--------------------
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
--Dave Barry--
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
--George Carlin--
"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
--E. B. White-- (1899 - 1985)
" No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."
--Chuck Palahniuk-- (1962 - ), Fight Club, 1996
+Quote Post

Panda14616
post Dec 7 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Can a mod please confirm or deny if this rumor is true please?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Boogie Ronnster
post Dec 7 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #5

I'm under yer bed instigating night terrors >8)
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 91 319

PENI- Uh.. SPACE ENVY

QUOTE(Panda14616 @ Dec 7 2010, 07:02 PM) *

If it hasn't been confirmed in the past 6 months..I don't think it's going to be confirmed now....

BUT..it's not a "rumor" it's a hypothesis. There's a difference. A rumor has very little factual base..if any at all. a hypothesis comes from observation and the fact that many rigorous lab stalkers have yet to see a ditto for months...even those who have found multiple unown (though I don't think unown can be found in the lab anymore due to the exploration).

--------------------
Call me Ronnie (or Ronnster) Please :> NOTICE: I'm not that active at this moment so I will be uber slow with PMs and might not clickback or whatever. Maybe I'll be back in full force someday... like for the SWSH... I don't wanna miss out on the prize... <.<

KotRT (click to show)

Maybe I'm just a dreamer (click to show)

credits and personal notice (click to show)

+Quote Post

Webkinzgirl24
post Dec 7 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 380

Active Squad

I have seen people with more than one ditto, so I think it is possible to have more than one.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darien
post Dec 7 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #7

Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 046

Active Squad

QUOTE(Webkinzgirl24 @ Dec 7 2010, 10:08 PM) *
I have seen people with more than one ditto, so I think it is possible to have more than one.

Yes, it's possible to have more than one but only through different means of obtaining them (Lab, shelter, safari zone, exchange, etc).

This post has been edited by Darien: Dec 7 2010, 11:38 PM

--------------------

~Growing older is inevitable - growing up is optional~
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Dec 7 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #8

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

QUOTE(Webkinzgirl24 @ Dec 8 2010, 03:08 PM) *

People also had multiple Dittos before they were made common. I knew someone who had 3 before-hand. The supposed limit is believed to only have been added after they were made common. There was also a time when BB bred Dittos. The people you are talking about may have gotten them from BB, before the supposed limit or as Darien suggested.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Webkinzgirl24
post Dec 8 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 380

Active Squad

Oh yeah, I must have forgot about that so thanks for the reminder. I guess we won't know for sure, at least until we have actual confirmation.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pikagrue
post Dec 8 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 690

herp derp

Another hypothesis is that the limit applies only when you have both the egg data and the dex data for the pokemon.

So a user who only grabbed hatched ditto from the shelter would, in theory, still be able to grab more, and to the see the eggs when they appeared. Or a user who had the egg but hadn't hatched it yet would, in theory, be able to obtain another one.

It's really a lot of speculation, though.

--------------------
|

It is pitch black. I am very likely to eat you.
90% of internet users fail to understand basic arithmetic. If you are one of the 12% that do, paste this into your sig.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 8 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

It was my understanding, back when BB bred Dittos for "mass release" and then changed to have the Shelter reproduce Dittos every "hour", that the "limit" was set at one to member because, as BB said back then, Dittos can't breed more Dittos so you only need 1 Ditto. Furthermore, if memory serves, it was explained that once you found your Ditto egg in the Lab, you'd be blinded from seeing them pop up again because, as stated previously, Dittos can't breed Ditto's so each member will have only one. The "blinding effect" was initiated to make it impossible to "hoard" Ditto.

Those with multiple Dittos probably got theirs prior to that decision. There were some who got angry / annoyed that the Dittos were changed to Common and being released so frequently in the Lab. I thought it was a generous and good move, personally. It was also how I was afforded my Ditto.

A friend of mine lucked into a Ditto egg that hatched shiny. They want another Ditto now - a non-shiny one. If there really could exist a 1-on-1 trade, I'd gladly trade him mine. LOL

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

koolchick
post Dec 8 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Dec 8 2010, 03:24 PM) *
It was my understanding, back when BB bred Dittos for "mass release" and then changed to have the Shelter reproduce Dittos every "hour", that the "limit" was set at one to member because, as BB said back then, Dittos can't breed more Dittos so you only need 1 Ditto. Furthermore, if memory serves, it was explained that once you found your Ditto egg in the Lab, you'd be blinded from seeing them pop up again because, as stated previously, Dittos can't breed Ditto's so each member will have only one. The "blinding effect" was initiated to make it impossible to "hoard" Ditto.

Those with multiple Dittos probably got theirs prior to that decision. There were some who got angry / annoyed that the Dittos were changed to Common and being released so frequently in the Lab. I thought it was a generous and good move, personally. It was also how I was afforded my Ditto.

A friend of mine lucked into a Ditto egg that hatched shiny. They want another Ditto now - a non-shiny one. If there really could exist a 1-on-1 trade, I'd gladly trade him mine. LOL

Could you post a quote of where BB said that there was a limit as I have never seen any admin even mention it and most other users don't think admins have commented either way on Ditto limit.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lara
post Dec 9 2010, 06:48 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 530

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tequila Mockingbird @ Dec 8 2010, 11:49 AM) *

A rumor has very little factual base..if any at all. a hypothesis comes from observation and the fact that many rigorous lab stalkers have yet to see a ditto for months...even those who have found multiple unown (though I don't think unown can be found in the lab anymore due to the exploration).

I'm a bit confused. Can someone confirm if unown can be still found in the lab, or have the explorations replaced all that? Been looking for one all day (not that I've ever seen one in the lab anyway, but still, I'd like to know if I'm really just wasting my time or not).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Taryn
post Dec 9 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #14

Papillion
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 325

Lovely Legend Squad

QUOTE(Lara @ Dec 9 2010, 05:48 AM) *
QUOTE(Tequila Mockingbird @ Dec 8 2010, 11:49 AM) *

A rumor has very little factual base..if any at all. a hypothesis comes from observation and the fact that many rigorous lab stalkers have yet to see a ditto for months...even those who have found multiple unown (though I don't think unown can be found in the lab anymore due to the exploration).

I'm a bit confused. Can someone confirm if unown can be still found in the lab, or have the explorations replaced all that? Been looking for one all day (not that I've ever seen one in the lab anyway, but still, I'd like to know if I'm really just wasting my time or not).

Bit off topic, that question, but it is unknown. The Unown being exploration only is an unknown, it hasn't offically been said anywhere that I have seen, that they are not exploration only. So your best bet is to hope that they aren't, but understand that finding them is a tough task

--------------------
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
--Dave Barry--
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
--George Carlin--
"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
--E. B. White-- (1899 - 1985)
" No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."
--Chuck Palahniuk-- (1962 - ), Fight Club, 1996
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 9 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #15

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

If you really want a quote. Here's a quote from Wymsy herself from the chat log I have

[20:37:24] <7,6
!nc
Samoo|Sailor_Moon
> Do Unowns even appear in the lab anymore
25 [20:37:30] <9,14&
!nc
Disappoint
> yeah
25 [20:37:38] <10,2
!nc
Samoo|Sailor_Moon
> just not as frequently?
25 [20:37:45] <9,14&
!nc
Disappoint
> what the hell
25 [20:37:47] <10,2
Disappoint
> why does everybody assume the exploration changed how unowns already appeared
25 [20:37:55] <9,14&
!nc
Disappoint
> why would it
25 [20:37:58]

Disappoint
> it makes no sense
24 [20:38:07]

Now about the ditto thing. What Pikagrue said is what has happened if I remember correctly. I remember someone else saying it too... I'm pretty sure you can still see them in the lab if you only have ONE of the data. Because, if you see them in the Safari Zone and get it, you're gonna need the egg, right? And if you get the egg but release it, you're gonna have to hatch another one. Does that make sense now?

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Panda14616
post Dec 9 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

This topic is about Ditto not about Unown. If you want to talk about Unown do it in the Mystery Creature of the Ruins thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tablo
post Dec 9 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #17

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away.
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 863

Active Squad

QUOTE(Panda14616 @ Dec 9 2010, 06:55 PM) *
This topic is about Ditto not about Unown. If you want to talk about Unown do it in the Mystery Creature of the Ruins thread.

He;s not talking about Unown, he is comparing the two and saying there might be a similarity on how to obtain the Ditto, just like how you obtain Unown.

--------------------

Founder of the Knights of the Round Table

+Quote Post

Lara
post Dec 9 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 530

Active Squad

The post which made me question whether there were changes to unown was in this thread and it made sense to me at the time to follow up on their brief aside and ask. Anyway, thank you guys for answering my quick query and sorry for pulling this too off topic.

As for the ditto, I believe what has happened is that people have taken what was originally a suggestion and confused it with official facts. Right before they were made common, there was a big debate between the "I spend hours on this site and a ditto shows my effort" players and the "yes, but it's a ditto and it shouldn't be harder to get than an unsummonable legendary" people. When the latter group effectively 'won' with BB making them common, I believe it was then when people suggested that there should only be one per player, to make it fair and to quickly spread the ditto numbers. People liked this idea and eventually somehow people thought it was official. About that time there was were also complaints from a few who wanted to shiny hunt the ditto, to which people responded that the problem could be solved by having a system similar to what was then the method legendaries were given out - you can only have one ditto in your possession at a time (so it's not based on your data, but rather what's stocked in your PC).

So the general consensus is that you can have one ditto at a time in you possession, and if you do, any more will be hidden from you in the lab. The problem? I don't recall this ever being said by a mod/site administrator - I think it's all arisen from people's suggestions. But I also don't recall anyone posting on these boards that they've managed grab a second ditto after their common status was put in place - which suggests that maybe the limit was implemented without being made official. The only way to really solve this is either have a quote from an administrator, or have someone confirm that they've managed to get their second ditto from the lab (or we could look for the dates they obtained their dittos and see where they fit within this site's history).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Panda14616
post Dec 9 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

It would be cool if there was a Ditto exploration but it probably will never happen.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Dec 10 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #20

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(Panda14616 @ Dec 9 2010, 05:55 PM) *
If you want to mini-mod, then do it on your own forum, not ours.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.