Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Contest Hall, Contest NPCs, Contest account upgrades, I guess I miss Generation 3 Contests
Rating 5 V
Your opinions, please! Please post in the thread if you have ideas to share!
What do you think of creating a Contest Hall section?
I would use it, but the idea needs work [ 4 ]  [100.00%]
I wouldn't use it, and the idea needs work [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Meh [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Would you buy a Contest Pass?
Yes, provided the idea is fleshed out [ 4 ]  [100.00%]
No, not even to have every Account Upgrade [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Meh [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Would you buy a Berry Pouch?
Meh [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Would you buy a PokeBlock Case?
Meh [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Do you think having three PokeBlock making NPCs and a judge NPC is a good idea?
Yes, but I don't participate in Contests [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes, but the idea needs to be fleshed out [ 4 ]  [100.00%]
No, I don't like the idea at all [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Meh [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Do you think allowing the community to make NPCs to compete against is a good idea?
Yes, but I don't participate in Contests [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes, but the idea needs to be fleshed out [ 4 ]  [100.00%]
No, I don't like the idea at all [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Meh [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 

Gryphaena
post Jan 12 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #1

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

So perhaps I should have thought of this idea years ago, but here goes.

I looked through five pages of Suggestions and saw nothing about Contests.

If it won't be realized here, maybe another coder will use it if they see this and think of a Pokemon tribute like this site?

To take part in Contests, one must have a Contest Pass, Berry Pouch and PokeBlock Case.

Perhaps each item would cost 750 points like the Explorer Kit does.

The Contest Pass is required to interact with the new section (like how the Explorer Kit is needed for the Underground).

The Berry Pouch is so one can find and use Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap, Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon, Pamtre, Watmel, Durin, and Belue Berries from the Underground.

These Berries would only be used for Pokeblocks, they would not be used for battling and either there would be a limit of 10 of them like there are for Dress-Up items or they would sell for similar amounts as Vs. Seeker items (since the site operates in a world where the Berry Feeder Berries are common and come from nowhere).

The Pokeblock Case would be for storing PokeBlocks which are made by three NPCs: a boy, a girl, and an old gentleman.

I have no idea what these characters can be named, perhaps they can all be related in some way, like they've been making PokeBlocks for generations.

Maybe there should be a limit of 10 PokeBlocks that can be in the case so there's an incentive to use them.

Now I don't know the limit of how many Pokeblocks can be used on a Pokemon, but I think it depends on the quality of Pokeblock.

You would add the fourth berry like usual and perhaps the berries they use will all be random or you can pay them to guarantee what berries are used. I think you should pay at least 1,000 points for that. Plus you must have the berry that you want them to use, or nothing doing.

The PokeBlocks would add to sheen like they do in the games, which I realize is not presently accounted for on our present mons.

Or perhaps only six Pokeblocks can be used on a Pokemon, like how there is a limit of six Vitamins.

To have a Contest, one will choose which of the five categories their Pokemon is entering (Beautiful, Cool, Cute , Smart, Tough).

I suppose there would have to be a Contest Judge NPC.

I don't know what his name would be.

The NPC Contestants could all be opponents submitted by the community like how the Battle Subway runs.

Although I don't know how the audience part would go.

If those parts can be sorted out, perhaps Contests won or Contest participated in can be a Statistic?

Or not, since Sky Gifts sent isn't a Statistic.

That's what I've thought of. Please share your thoughts on the idea in the thread or in my poll.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Gryphaena: Mar 29 2017, 07:56 PM

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:28 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.