Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Movie Sequels...?, Yes or No
SilverLugia456
post Nov 29 2012, 09:53 AM
Post #1

None
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

There are a lot of movies out there that have sequels and more than that out there that don't have sequels, have you ever seen a movie that wish there was a sequel to it? or are you one where its the first movie and people should leave it at that without a sequel? Also do you have a favorite sequel to a movie?

Personally for me....i don't mind a movie having a sequel as long as its a good one, but there are a few movies out there that have sequels but can be repetitive in storyline or based situation the only difference is the change in characters, or even some sequels that completey have a different animation than the previous movies. An example of this is the most recent Swan Princess movie that was release for Christmas, I'm not usually one to complain about Sequels but when I saw the Advertisement for the Swan Princess Christmas movie I was shocked that they changed the animation to it and made it look more like a Barbie based movie.

Some Sequels that I did like were Iron Man 2 and i can't wait to see Iron Man 3 from the trailer I saw a few weeks ago it looks like a epic movie. um...lets see....Pirates of the Caribbean had good sequels to it. There were also a bunch of Disney movie Sequels that I liked as well since I'm a Disney Fan xD

Some movies that I have seen recently where Sequels were talked about and i can't wait to see them would be the Sequel to Rise of the Guardians, the Adventures of Tin Tin, Kung Fu Panda 3, and How to Train Your Dragon 2. These selected few off hand I know have either been confirmed or there has been strong talk that a sequel will probably happen.

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 29 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I want to see all those sequels you want to, especially Tin Tin and How To Train Your Dragon.

The best example that comes to mind when I think of a movie that didn't need a sequel was Air Bud. The original was a really good, heartwarming movie about a middle school boy who finds a yellow lab that ran away from an abusive owner. The dog becomes the boy's friend, and the dog turns out to be good at basketball. The abusive owner tries to take the dog back to make money on his skill, but the dog prefers to stay with the boy in the end.

This adorable movie spawned a metric ton of shitty sequels, including several about him having puppies that talk and have stereotyped, flat personalities. They don't even play sports, at least. The main character, Buddy, isn't even mentioned in the movies.

For surprisingly good sequels, Lion King 2 and Lion King 1 1/2 were really good.

I loved Pirates of the Caribbean 2. 3 was a bit too gory for me, and I haven't seen 4. I didn't like how Elizabeth became severely Flanderized and Chickified throughout the series into a whiny, helpless, jealous, clingy, annoying girl. In the first film, she was calm, cunning, and brave. In the rest, she was pretty much a bicycle for the majority of the male characters. Jack suffered from this, too, and he was my favorite character. He went from a trickster who used his odd behavior to drop everyone's guard, to a full-on cloudcuckoolander who was silly for silliness's sake. Also, more subtly, he went from a reactionary secondary character to a main character with all of the focus. His personality was designed to play off of a serious main for him to truly shine. Putting him in direct lead forces the writer to force other characters OOC to make him work "properly". This is why the flow from 1 to 3 moved rapidly from "witty" to "slapstick". The characters were broken and forced into places they didn't really belong.

I avoid direct-to-video sequels like the plague. They never are produced by the same devs, and the voices are extremely poorly emulated. DtV sequels are only ever cash grabs due to the way film earnings work.

I can't think of any films that I think need a sequel in the traditional (2, 3, 4) sense, but I would love to see films based off of Maurice Sendak's other stories besides Where The Wild Things Are, which is my favorite movie of all time. Little Bear and 7 Little Monsters are my other favorite works from him. The characters are extremely lovable. They may not exactly lend themselves to films, however, which is fine. The children's series and books were fun, though. I would tune in to Nick Jr. just to see all the episodes of Little Bear despite being in middle school at the time because it was just that good. Maurice Sendak is excellent at making his works both ageless and child-focused at the same time.

I digress, though. Even though Sturgeon's Law is in full effect for sequels, I hope to see more good ones than bad in the future. A Smurfs 2 is about to come out, though, so maybe all is already lost. X/

This post has been edited by Indoor Survival: Nov 29 2012, 11:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Nov 30 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

It all depends if a movie warrants one. If you have a very self-contained story like 'Beauty and the Beast' (if we're all going to bring up Disney movies) for example, you can't do a sequel.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Dec 20 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #4

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 898

Favorite Pokemon

QUOTE(Indoor Survival @ Nov 29 2012, 11:47 AM) *
This adorable movie spawned a metric ton of shitty sequels, including several about him having puppies that talk and have stereotyped, flat personalities. They don't even play sports, at least. The main character, Buddy, isn't even mentioned in the movies.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I feel I need to say something to this. You obviously don't understand the Air Buddies series if these are your reasons for hating it. For one thing, Buddy isn't the main character of this series at all. His children are. Why do you think the movies are called Air Buddies in the first place? Buddy has his own series, if you want to watch him, watch one of those movies instead. Air Buddies is a separate series that takes place sometime after the Air Bud films.

Second, the Buddies DO play sports. B-Dawg plays basketball, Buddha plays baseball, Budderball plays football, Rosebud plays soccer, and Mudbud plays volleyball. If memory serves. They're just not shown playing because that would just make the films a repeat of Buddy's, which would be boring. Instead, the Buddies are shown going on thrilling adventures. Also, there wouldn't be several Buddies movies if they weren't successful. :P

Third, Buddy IS in the original Air Buddies. He is dognapped along with his mate and the Buddies set out to save their parents.

I have yet to see Santa Buddies and Treasure Buddies isn't out yet, but Spooky Buddies and Snow Buddies are my favorites in the series so far. But of course, the original Air Buddies and Space Buddies are by no means bad.

These movies aren't the greatest ever, sure, but I find them very cute and adorable. <3

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Dec 20 2012, 07:50 PM

--------------------

My art thread. Click on my eggs and Pokemon and I may click yours too. ^^
And don't forget, Keldeo is the most adorable pony Pokemon ever. cat.gif
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Dec 20 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #5

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 898

Favorite Pokemon

Oops, my apologies for the double post.

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Dec 20 2012, 07:50 PM

--------------------

My art thread. Click on my eggs and Pokemon and I may click yours too. ^^
And don't forget, Keldeo is the most adorable pony Pokemon ever. cat.gif
+Quote Post

Yum
post Jun 24 2013, 04:21 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 16 031

Yum in GPX+

I dont watch much.But if a movie is good enough Id like to see its sequels

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.