Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Death Penalty (Lethal Injection) OVER Life Sentence, What's your opinion? Should we have LI or LS?
Bree Bree
post Jul 7 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37 620

Active Squad

Well, to begin with. In Nebraska, they approved Lethal Injection as a form of the death penalty, as the electric was found as cruel and unusual punishments. BUT, from what I heard from my teacher (A total brainiac...) he said that the Lethal Injection takes about 5-7 mins to kill them and they feel like they are on fire. I would find that as a cruel and unusual procedures.

And, people say that we are wasting money on the life sentence, keeping the creepers in jails for however long they live.

Now, I want to hear what others have to say about this. But I like links that might help prove your point cat.gif.

--------------------
! ! ! !

And one clickers!! THIS ONE.

She's quite lonely.....--->>>

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jul 7 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #2

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Lethal Injection is cruel, in my opinion. I'd prefer a less torturous, quicker means of killing someone, myself, no matter what they've done.

As far as the death penalty goes as a whole, it costs more money to kill someone than keep them in jail for life. I'm against.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Bree Bree
post Jul 7 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 620

Active Squad

QUOTE(Troll @ Jul 7 2009, 05:40 PM) *
Lethal Injection is cruel, in my opinion. I'd prefer a less torturous, quicker means of killing someone, myself, no matter what they've done.

As far as the death penalty goes as a whole, it costs more money to kill someone than keep them in jail for life. I'm against.

That's what I've been told. They have to go through the medicines, then the legal stuff. But I'm sort of all against it. No matter the penalty.

--------------------
! ! ! !

And one clickers!! THIS ONE.

She's quite lonely.....--->>>

+Quote Post

Cinderella Amber
post Jul 8 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #4

WOOMY
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 165

Plushie Collection

I think that if they already took another's life for some stupid reason, then they should be knocked off immediately. Let 'em suffer! No one has a right to take someone's life away from them, but if you do it anyway, you deserve equal punishment.

--------------------

Twitch Plays Pokemon has taught me three things:
- Praise Helix
- The PC and the B button are both evil incarnate
- Never bet on Entei

I have claims on Banette... but that should be obvious. wink.gif
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Jul 8 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #5

Look closer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

Active Squad

QUOTE(Banette @ Jul 8 2009, 08:49 AM) *
I think that if they already took another's life for some stupid reason, then they should be knocked off immediately. Let 'em suffer! No one has a right to take someone's life away from them, but if you do it anyway, you deserve equal punishment.

How is death suffering? Death is the easy way out of everything. All forms of execution used today (and even some that were used in more primitive times) are meant to be quick and [usually] painless. No modern execution lasts for more than ten minutes, tops. So, in reality, they're not suffering at all. They're getting the easy road out of it, and most should, or will be, satisfied that they won't have the life sentence.

No, Capital Punishment is not right. First, like Troll said, it's more expensive. Second, it's not good enough. Mind you, some people will never reflect on what they did with an open mind. Some people, especially the socio- and psychopaths, will never actually feel bad for what they did. But most people will eventually, if they're allowed to live, be haunted by what they did, or think about what they did. That will, hopefully, bring them to the point where they can't bear what they did, and go insane. And that, my friend, is suffering.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jul 8 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #6

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

First off, there are 3 injections. The first one PUTS THEM TO SLEEP so they can't feel the burning. Therefore, it's not cruel, we numb the pain.

Second off, it actually costs LESS to put an inmate in prison for life then to sentence them to death, because of the number of appeals involved.

Now, if they change the fucking appeals court, I'd be ecstatic. I want these loser to fucking DIE. Not live in a comfy prison with 3 meals a day, and a paycheck, and sometimes even computers and ipods and tvs!
Fuck that.

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Jul 8 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #7

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

i hope this thread doesnt end up like the last one about the death penalty.

i dont know a whole lot about lethal injection so ill just stick with what i do know. if it really does make you feel like youre on fire for 5-7 min., and costs so much then im against. isnt there a simple, cost efficient, and quick way to execute someone? there must be ONE way out there somewhere.

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zoreta
post Jul 8 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 486

Active Squad

Well, there's always beheading and hanging (fast, cheap and environmentally friendly!), but the cost of capital punishment has nothing to do with the injection itself- the cost comes from the many appeals and court cases that have to occur before the person gets destroyed, because it isn't like you can bring the person back if it turns out they had the wrong person.

Capital punishment is a very touchy subject, and the only time I would support it would be if a criminal has a mental disease that makes them fundamentally violent without possibility of rehabilitation or the ability to understand their crime. That is, if someone will be absolutely hopelessly violent until the day they die and there is no way to make them 'better'.

This post has been edited by Zoreta: Jul 8 2009, 04:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

eagleblackbelt
post Jul 27 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 289

My Shiny Party

I'm for the death penalty even though I'm Catholic. I feel though that only those who by their being alive endanger even their prisonmates should be put to death though...

Also child molesters, but not a 18 to 21 year old who had consential sex with his or her underage boyfriend or girlfriend. I'm talking predators that look for little kids to steal their innocense by raping them... I feel that that is the ultimate crime and should end in the ultimate sentence... death.

--------------------
Collector of Shinies!

Shinies I have but are not willing to trade
(click to show)

Shinies I am willing to trade
(click to show)

My Pride and Joy:
(click to show)

If u want to battle, sure. I'll battle from between levels 60-73, and in a separate party around lv. 100
0731 1827 6059
Here are my eggs! Please click them! I ALWAYS click back, and I mean it!

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jul 27 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #10

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

against. I don't care if they're a danger or not, it costs far too much to kill them off unless the case is 100% valid. Honestly I'd only consider looking into putting select people into death row if they're that damn dangerous, but only if it would cost more to kill them than, say, keep them in jail for life.

--------------------
+Quote Post

emberwing
post Jul 27 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 910

Active Squad

Against. i mean, people who are that dangerous have had difficult lives. not that thats an excuse, but they probably had no love or family. A bit of positive thinking and attention can change anyone. I firmly believe in peace.

--------------------

Shiny Snorunt in under 20 tries!

Official Stalker for Blue Moons- A place for shiny legendaries/novelties
+Quote Post

eagleblackbelt
post Jul 28 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 289

My Shiny Party

QUOTE(emberwing @ Jul 27 2009, 09:13 PM) *
Against. i mean, people who are that dangerous have had difficult lives. not that thats an excuse, but they probably had no love or family. A bit of positive thinking and attention can change anyone. I firmly believe in peace.

Peace? Awww what's the fun in that. Sure maybe not all serial killers should be killed but I'll have to stick to my opinion on the termination of child molesters. They have no place in this world.

--------------------
Collector of Shinies!

Shinies I have but are not willing to trade
(click to show)

Shinies I am willing to trade
(click to show)

My Pride and Joy:
(click to show)

If u want to battle, sure. I'll battle from between levels 60-73, and in a separate party around lv. 100
0731 1827 6059
Here are my eggs! Please click them! I ALWAYS click back, and I mean it!

+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Jul 28 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #13

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 071

Dream Team

Im for it, on conditions. If your going to kill someone as payment for a crime, it should ALWAYS be the penalty. I mean you see some serial killers kill like 20 normal people and only go to jail, on the flip side you see a person kill just 1 person and for some reason they get the death penalty that the other person did not. The Death Penalty shouldn't be subjective like this. The penalty shouldn't change on a case by case basis. The penalty for murder should always be the death penalty, or it should always be jail. It shouldn't be both. If this were the case, then people would always be aware of the consequences of their actions without any question in their minds, and if they know for sure that they get the death penalty for murder, it would most likely cut down on the people who would choose to do so. I believe murder is the only crime the death penalty should be applied to though. If were gonna stick to the saying of an eye for an eye from the bible, it should be the same here. A death for a death. As for the fact that many of these people have had difficult lives, that isn't a reason for sympathy. MANY people in the world have suffered as much if not more then many of these people and not all of them chose the course that the criminal did. Crimes are a matter of choice and not circumstances and should be treated as so.

--------------------

Avatar and Sprite made by Little Peanut
Epic Avatar made by Asylum Zombie
+Quote Post

TTD
post Jul 28 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #14

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

Isn't there already a topic on this? I posted in the last one about the death penalty.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Jul 28 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #15

Look closer.
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Dark Chidori @ Jul 28 2009, 05:20 PM) *
Isn't there already a topic on this? I posted in the last one about the death penalty.

Yeah, but that one's over the necroposting limit, so it's okay.

I'm against the death penalty. I hope you all "let's kill them to make them suffer" supporters realize that all modern forms of execution last less than ten minutes. Suffering? Hardly. Don't pull the "eternal damnation" game either because nobody on Earth has neither the ability nor the right to judge a person's afterlife.

These people who openly kill, rape, and destroy others and have no remorse will be happier in death. Why? They're getting the slap on the wrist and they don't have to live with the guilt. No, instead they deserve to live, so that they will, one day, realize what they did. The guilt will attack them, haunt them--the people they hurt will always burn forever in their memory.

That is suffering.

--------------------
[/align]
+Quote Post

Dragongirl76137
post Jul 28 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 167

HeartGold Party

I agree with the death penalty. Why should a person who kills be allowed the gift of life when they are not willing to let others live as well.

I don't think that they will ever have any remorse or feel guilt for what they did. They are too self absorbed to care about anyone other than themselves so taking their life is the only punishment that fits them.

As a rape victum I agree I think that those that attack and rape people and child molestors should be put to death.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luxord
post Jul 28 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #17

The Idiot of GTS.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 212

My Fantasy Team

I feel keeping them in jail for life is crueler, maybe they deserve it, but I dont want them on the streets if they are dangerous but i think death should be the outcome, if they can kill alot why shoulddnt they be killed of course this does not apply in all cases, actually after reading other comments i am going to be a hypocrite and agree with Iulius her point makes such sense.

This post has been edited by Lino Ludocx Kaito: Jul 28 2009, 06:21 PM

--------------------
Everyone is still HERE happy.gif
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Jul 30 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #18

Look closer.
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lino Ludocx Kaito @ Jul 28 2009, 07:19 PM) *
I feel keeping them in jail for life is crueler, maybe they deserve it, but I dont want them on the streets if they are dangerous but i think death should be the outcome, if they can kill alot why shoulddnt they be killed of course this does not apply in all cases, actually after reading other comments i am going to be a hypocrite and agree with Iulius her point makes such sense.

You mean his.

--------------------
[/align]
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 11 2009, 05:18 AM
Post #19

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 628

SoulSilver Team

As in the thread about abortion, the song "What if Jesus came back like that?" seems fitting here.

What if Jesus came back like that?
Where would he see our hearts are at?
Would he
Let us in or turn his back?

Would he cry when he sees where our hearts are at?
Would he
Let us in or turn his back?

Hey, what if Jesus came back like that?

The song tells us about people we shun... A beggar, on the side of the street, homeless, with no wife or family. A person born to a mother on drugs, being unable to perform certain brain functions very well. It asks us, what if Jesus came back like that? Would we let him in, or turn our backs? Then it tells of His glorious appearance in the manger, a star above his head and kings bowing before him. If he came back like that, would he let us in, or turn his back, when he saw what we have been doing? Killing our own?

Everyone deserves an equal chance at life. I know that many people believe some people "deserve" the ultimate sentence for their crimes. In some cases, I would agree, before I realized that they had not had a chance to repent. Why speed their judgment day on the road that leads either to Heaven or to Hell? If you give them a chance to truly repent of their sins, then God may finally be satisfied with us humans and our many faults. We kill our own, every day in fact. We are no better than savage beasts, killing for our satisfaction. And then, once we have killed, we are still not satisfied. We are never satisfied. We must learn to be satisfied, else we will wipe out our race or, worse, what if Jesus came back and saw us like this? What if the world is truly going to end in just over two years, and he comes to take us home with him, but he sees us as not worthy to go with him? That is the ultimate sentence, and we would do well to avoid it.

--------------------

And here is my party. grin.gif

Most of my information and crap is in my journal so go look at that <w<
+Quote Post

Cho
post Aug 11 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #20

*Shiny Spazz Attack*
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 226

Platinum Team

I'm against the death penalty. I'd rather have the prisoner get tortured for the rest of his/her life non stop instead of dying. It serves them right. Make the prisoner tied against an electric chair tight and make them watch the Mcdonalds Roll non stop.

--------------------

^You know the Drill.=P Click my party, and I'll click yours.^

ONE CLICKERS!!! Click the ANY of them.

Click Lance, he can fly.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:56 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.