Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Homework ? Useful Or Useless
Doctor Fuji
post Oct 17 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #41

Ralts <3 Litwick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4 360

Pokemon White

i officially hate it cause projects suck cause the homework gets in the way and weekends are supposed to be fun not work, work, work

but it does help you improve in a way cause i never study for a single test but when i get the test i just think about what i did on my homework.

--------------------
ralts.gif I claim ralts.gif

so psyched>>>>
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shadow Ace
post Oct 17 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #42

Pie is awesome
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 167

Ace Team

I hate homework. My dad says I can't do anything until 5:30 because of my homework.

--------------------
The Mystery is in the Contradiction

Objection!!!

True Men cry wink.gif
+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Oct 18 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #43

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

Well it is useful for the teachers so that they know you understand what they taught you, it can reinforce what you learned but, it is boring, it can take forever if you can't focus on it. Also it is pointless when they give you lots of questions on one thing, seriously, WHY!? I understand, I don't need a million questions to reinforce it! D8

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Pikalover10
post Oct 18 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #44

Pikalover10 (Gone June 13-26)
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 894

PANE Party

Useless. I know it helps us with learning it blah blah blah. But most schools are talking about going GREEN as in RECYCLING. WELL, IF YOU'RE RECYCLING START WITH NO HOMEWORK AND NO TEXTBOOKS! XD

--------------------
"Those with the biggest smiles carry the deepest scars."

Other Siggy Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Oct 18 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #45

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

that makes no sense, you recycle the paper right after using it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Slime Magcargo
post Oct 18 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 189

Active Squad

I know we need it. But less is always nice/

--------------------

And that is me.
Cressilia, that is.
+Quote Post

Droops Maghee
post Oct 20 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #47

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 546

The Dream Team

Its useful if:
1. you do not procrastinate <-- my biggest problem.
2. if nothing distracts you.
3. you actually do the homework.
crazy.gif point.gif

--------------------
>>><<<
1 clickers target! also click for full party clicks cat.gif
+Quote Post

Panlah Eats Cupc...
post Oct 20 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #48

Flaaffy Obsessed Freak
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 854

SUPERTEAM

Homework is a useful tool to help you retain what you learned during the day. People that don't do their homework fail not just because they just blow off assignments, but because they forget everything they learn and bomb the tests too.

<knows from experience>

--------------------
Hello. My name is Pan and I'm a pokemon addict. I love Flaaffy and ANYTHING Flaaffy. I support the first two generations of pokemon. LONG LIVE KANTO AND JOHTO.

99.8 percent of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, paste this on your profile. Sorry and no offense to any Naruto fans.
- Darker than Black - Utawarerumono - Princess Tutu -
DAMN STRAIGHT
+Quote Post

ShiroYume
post Oct 23 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 210

Liked non-legendaries

For me, homework has always been a necessary evil. I don't like to do it, but it helps me understand the material and most of the time I barely have to work for the actual class tests since I already understand everything ^^ Though I'm also a quick learner, so that might make it easier for me.

What I do hate is pretty much pointless homework. In Philosophy, our 'teacher' (probationary teacher), who is pretty much hated by everyone (not because he's strict, but...urgh, I can't even describe why I loathe him pinch.gif. Honestly, I've never truly hated a teacher before him, but I just can't stand anything about him (except his absence, that's alright XD)) once made us write a 'philosophical essay' on what it means to philosophize (from our point of view). The word '(philosophical) essay' has become one of my most detested ones. Even though I handed it in...

But generally, I think homework it's useful, because it's one of the only ways to get lazy me to do something for school ^^

Side information: I'm in 11th grade in Germany, have school from 7:35 to 13:45 on three of five school days, one day from 7:35 to 13:45 and after that sports from 15:15 to 16:45, and one day from 7:35 to 12:55. Ironically the day on which I have the least school is the day I have most activities that don't have anything to do with school...
I've always been pretty good at school, but now the level of difficulty has increased immensely this year, since I'm going to get my secondary school qualifications at the end of the 13th grade, so I hope I can keep my good marks...pinch.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

TobiXMadara
post Oct 24 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #50

Soul Resonance "Death Cannon!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 660

Soul Silver Team

One Word:
USELESS!

--------------------

Badges (click to show)

My Friend Codes (click to show)
+Quote Post

ericpenguin
post Oct 25 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 235

Active Squad

Homework can be both. Busywork is pretty much useless, but homework can also be previewing the next day's material, or comprehension.
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Oct 27 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #52

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

Homework helps in understanding the material and sets you up for habit and a form of discipline for later on in life.

Aka: Jobs.

It's busywork and it's boring as hell but that's what a job is- tedious, busywork that nobody wants to do but has to do it in order to make a bloody living. Funny how the two parallel with each other.

How homework is executed can use a bit of change in my opinion so that it's not so much as tedious as that it's helpful enough for you to understand your material- and form good habits so that you can become drones to the corporate enviornment but not so much that you want to kill someone.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Oct 27 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Active Squad

I like the way my chemistry ap class deals with homework: you don't have to do it, but if you do it and don't understand it, ask in class and we'll go over it.

It's really good for me because I hate repetitive busywork, especially when it actually isn't tedious, just really boring with little to no trade-off. Just last night I went through every problem -- all like 40 of them -- and I understood every last bit of it without getting too burnt out (doing the hardest and easiest typically, and repeating them if I don't quite get it the first time.) That way the stuff I don't get gets more practice, and the stuff I do get won't get overkilled practice.

Does homework help you understand? Yes. Is it always necessary? No. Some are quicker learners than others, and if someone simply chooses not to do their homework while they don't understand a concept, it's their loss and they can take the shit for themselves on tests, quizzes, projects, and papers where they will do poorly. This teaches personal responsibility for one's own education more than making it required, especially considering the amount of credit you get for simply doing homework, be it right or wrong, in high school.

I guess that's why my physics teacher grades certain homework for accuracy (because I've gotten Ds on a lot of my E&M shit while still maintaining a solid C in the class, and last year a B in Mechanics for the same thing) and not necessarily precision. So we can learn from our mistakes and do it right for when it really matters.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Xoradai
post Oct 27 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #54

ice cream nom nom nom.
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 15 357

Kanto Squad

I think it's good for helping people learn, but I don't think it should be mandatory.
I learn most of math perfectly fine in class, so why should I do the homework if I can ace the tests anyway?
If you don't get it, then do the homework and your grades will rise.

The problem with this method is that everyone slacks off and fails from laziness. xP

--------------------

All clicks are greatly appreciated and will be returned!

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Oct 27 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Active Squad

then let them fail, it's their fault

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shawn Blaze
post Oct 29 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #56

The burning Lucario
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 112

HeartGold Party

The homework we get sucks, the teachers just want us to worry about school and take away the focus on the rest of our lives shakefist.gif

--------------------
Hello!!!

Shawn is a LUCARIO lucario.gif
My PEARL FC IS 0474 6237 6145
My HG FC is 3395 5948 4525

Great Banner by Darcy Wing!!
90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
My Dragon (click to show)

My eggs (click to show)

The Pokemon I am (click to show)
+Quote Post

Renee
post Nov 4 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 61 946

Active Squad

Personally, I HATE homework. Especially when my teacher decides it's not for a grade the next day. Hello! I just spent HOURS working on that, and your not going to give me any credit!?!
+Quote Post

Kiseki Lin
post Nov 4 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #58

The Asian Boy Band Fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 708

Active Squad

I'd like to think there's a difference between just hating homework against that it's useless. You can abhor it, but it can help you to. For some, it really may be useless, but for others, not so much. Also, it helps teachers understand what kind of help some people need or what to focus on where they notice the most mistakes and stuff like that.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 4 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #59

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Shawn Blaze @ Oct 29 2009, 01:29 PM) *
The homework we get sucks, the teachers just want us to worry about school and take away the focus on the rest of our lives shakefist.gif

Yeah, because what you learn in school is NEVER used during said "rest of your life."
facepalm.gif

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

musical
post Nov 5 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #60

moo
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 964

Diamond Roster

i do not like homework at all. it doesn't help you. studies actually show that homework doesn't help kids in elementary school.

the only good thing that comes out of homework for me, is that i stay on the same level as the other kids in my math class. i'm really slow when it comes to math, and the homework keeps it in my head. we've been doing the same thing (solving equal equations) in math for about a month, and i still have a hard time remembering what to do, how to it, and all that stuff. the math homework helps me out a lot.

English homework is really stupid, though. most of the time i have to read 100 pages a week, and i did that in two days with the new book i'm reading Flowers for Algernon. English is too easy too need homework, but the reading this does give some of the lazy students a wake up call. most of the class work we do is based on our book, so i guess it does help a little.

that's my opinion on homework. in some subjects it helps a lot, but in some...not so much.

--------------------

Future White Team

~*~Cochon~*~Scimmia~*~Moelleux~*~Pepo~*~Karta~*~Buibui~*~

SEARCHING FOR SHINY BARBOACH AND SHINY DROWZEE
ONE-CLICKERS: RAICHU IS YOUR TARGET
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:18 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.