Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sexuality
Khare
post Sep 17 2012, 04:36 AM
Post #121

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 79 198

Soul Silver

^ @TheWinnebago

The thing I don't understand about the 'it's not natural' argument is that it's only ever used when somebody's got an axe to grind against homosexuality. It's a silly argument to begin with and I have no idea they do it. I mean, humanity has gone against the natural order ever since the day we discovered fire thousands and thousands of years ago. Thanks to our intelligence, technology and healthcare has allowed us to advance and evolve, but we never would have gotten where we are today if nature had its way. It would mandate that we compete against the other animals tooth and claw, and that only the strongest should survive while the weakest perish. If anything could ever be called unnatural, I can't think of anything that goes against nature more than that.

I'm not religious at all and I don't have a problem with homosexuality. Another person's relationship and who they choose to love is none of my business, and it shouldn't be anybody else's either. The world would be a much happier place if people let go of their insecurities and acknowledged that there's more important things to be worried about than a same-sex couple who consensually loves each other. Sheesh. :|

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kaonchan13
post Sep 26 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #122

"HYEAAAH!" - Link
Group Icon

Member No.: 173 567

Active Squad

This kind of topic is very complicated to speak first because everyone has their opinion, another reason is religion too .. I'm lesbian, my opinion is that everyone should respect everyone and everything! No matter what religion, color, sexual orientation, musical taste and, among other things, the important, we are human, end of story

This post has been edited by Kaonchan13: Sep 26 2012, 01:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vixenite
post Sep 30 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #123

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 119 451

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pokii @ Aug 14 2008, 12:07 AM) *
Homosexuality: Now most Christians get a bad rep, since a lot of Christians apparently are humongous homophobes. Well, let me say that that's not entirely true. Take my aforementioned mother, for example. She thinks that homosexual marriages (and most likely relationships, as well) are wrong because of what the Bible says, but that doesn't mean she's a homophobe. In fact, one of her best friends from high school, a barber named Ed (hehe, Edward scissor-hands), is gay. But they're still great friends. See?

"I think interracial dating is wrong. I'm not racist, I have a black friend!" That "argument" just doesn't work. She is indeed a homophobe, saying it's because of religion just makes it worse and does not protect her views and the bigotry underneath them.

QUOTE(Jaxical @ Apr 16 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Bisexuality: A load of croak. Only attention seekers claim to be bisexual. Every human being knows what sex turns them on, those that claim both do just want attention.

Wow, no. Bisexuals do know what sex "turns them on", for bisexuals it's both. Bisexualitiy is definitely not attention seeking.

QUOTE(Jaxical @ Apr 16 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Homosexuality: Personally... It disgusts me. I don't hate gays, nor do I treat gays differently to straight people. I just don't like hearing what they do in the bedroom. Besides that, I couldn't care less that someone is gay.... UNTIL they bring up the "Gay Marriage" conversation. As I'm firmly against it. No, Gay's shouldn't be allowed to marry. But YES, Gay's should have equal rights. So give them their own NEW ceremony. Marriage is a union between MAN and WOMAN. The Gay Community deserve their own ceremony.

Nope. "Separate but equal" is very familiar - if you can remember from history class - but it is absolutely unacceptable. Christians did not invent marriage. Most religions have marriage ceremonies, why does one religion get to decide who can and can not be married? What about the religions and sects that allow gay marriage (because there are plenty)? Marriage should be allowed/disallowed on a church to church basis. Many religions will marry homosexual couples because their religion says it's perfectly acceptable. Marriage should be allowed if the religion/sect allows it to happen. Anything else is just asinine and forcing your beliefs on other people

Not to even mention the fact that marriage no longer has to be a religious ceremony, I know a few people who have had their marriage ceremonies with no priests involved. No one religion (or lack thereof) has a monopoly on marriage, it's as simple as that.

Sexuality is not a choice, frankly thinking otherwise is ridiculous. Everything points to it not being a choice - from study on brains and genes to personal testimonies from practically every gay person to ever live. If you're straight, become attracted to the same gender now. Go ahead. I'm waiting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Willi
post Sep 30 2012, 02:22 AM
Post #124

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 146 210

Favorite's

I think we are all equal, it does not matter who you love. Also, mankind did edit the bible in ways that God does not like at all. The part of it saying you cannot love your own gender is fake. There is nothing wrong with it, the two best arguments I have ever heard against it is "It's a sin" and "It's just weird" which aren't much of a reason not to do it.

--------------------
Pokemon Paradise Online is a non-profit PMD based game, it is not released yet but feel free to register and hangout at the forums here
+Quote Post

Chrome
post Oct 8 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #125

Catch me if you can.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 168 510

Active Squad

We must not have much to do other than ruin someone else's happiness.
I think we just need to leave them be and move on with our own lives.
It's what other people would want, and it's not our place to say otherwise.

--------------------

↓ These shiny Pokemon wants you to click these ↓

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Aves Dominari
post Oct 8 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #126

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 174 276

Caelum Venatores

QUOTE(Willi @ Sep 30 2012, 03:22 AM) *
Also, mankind did edit the bible in ways that God does not like at all. The part of it saying you cannot love your own gender is fake.

What makes you say that? Do you have any proof that that line wasn't directly from God?

This post has been edited by Aves Dominari: Oct 8 2012, 07:33 PM
+Quote Post

Willi
post Oct 16 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #127

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 146 210

Favorite's

QUOTE(Aves Dominari @ Oct 8 2012, 06:32 PM) *
QUOTE(Willi @ Sep 30 2012, 03:22 AM) *
Also, mankind did edit the bible in ways that God does not like at all. The part of it saying you cannot love your own gender is fake.

What makes you say that? Do you have any proof that that line wasn't directly from God?

No, but there isn't any proof that it was either. God wanted everyone to go to heaven, but decided we would be happier to have will's (Being able to control ourselves, think and everything as we want.) He sacrificed his happiness for us, I don't think he wants anti-homo people to take it away from people. And, if it was a sin, why would he make it so sexuality is decided when your born? I don't think he would make it so you love something that happens to be a sin. You may say some people like stealing, murdering and other things. But didn't you notice that they might not truly like it or they went through something that messed with their mind? If you think it's a choice, then be Gay for three days. Love guys, and don't feel that way for women, Sexually and Emotionally. Just as it may be disgusting for you to see guys with other guys, or girls with other girls, they don't like seeing boys with girls either, but they are nice enough not to try to ban it.

This post has been edited by Willi: Oct 17 2012, 12:08 AM

--------------------
Pokemon Paradise Online is a non-profit PMD based game, it is not released yet but feel free to register and hangout at the forums here
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:16 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.