Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sexuality
Bluecrow
post Apr 28 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 757

Active Squad

Sexuality is not a choice and all people need equal protection under the law.

I would like to add Asexual to your list, a valid choice as well for those who don't feel the need for sexual contact in any form. While Asexual doesn't get the same stigma as other sexual orientations there still needs to be more acceptance of this as a valid orientation; eg the correct response to "I'm asexual" is not "you just haven't found the right person" that's as bad a saying you just haven't found the right girl to a homosexual man.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sarge
post Apr 29 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #22

is one hoopy frood
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 406

Some of my Faves

From an evolutionary (scientific) perspective, I think that human sexuality is more than meets the eye. We don't just have sex to reproduce, we have it for fun, to consumate a relationship, or just to be close to another person. Looking at it in that way, I believe all forms of sexuality - that is, heterosexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality, are acceptable.

--------------------
.:: You click; I click. ::.

I'm a college student. Be patient!
==| Sarge uses your Poke'mon's favorite berry |==

yay quizzes (click to show)

+Quote Post

chariot
post Apr 29 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #23

fire in the trees and rain upon the roof
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 997

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pumpkin King @ Jul 23 2008, 12:23 PM) *
one thing that really gets on my nerves is when people use the Bible to prove that homosexuality is wrong.

but then how else will we prove that evolution is all lies and dinosaurs were made up sad.gif

the most obvious proof of homosexuality being natural is that it happens in the animal kingdom, and frequently. almost every species of mammal shows bisexual or homosexual tendencies (as most dog/cat owners know firsthand). so if homosexuality is a sin, i guess all dogs don't go to heaven (if heaven were, you know, real).

--------------------
+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Apr 30 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #24

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

i say that as long as homosexuality and bisexuality doesnt affect me in any negative way (and so far it has not) then i say "let there be gays"
i personaly think the thought of 2 men doing actual sexual acts with each other makes me want to gag, but as long as they dont involve me in it, then i dont care what they do
i have a few gay freinds, both man and woman, and i dont have any problem with them, theyre cool

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

VSSAKJ
post Apr 30 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 295

Crystal Squad

Anyone heard of Kinsey before? Kinsey's a great guy. I'm summarising greatly here, but Kinsey basically grafted sexuality as a scale balanced on a point ('bisexuality') with homosexuality at one end and heterosexuality at the opposite. I really like this model because it, for one, goes against the idea that bisexuals are attracted equally to either sex -- I'm bisexual myself, and I can tell you this is not true in my case or that of the majority of bisexuals I know. I also like it because it allows for different inclinations... ie. someone who considers themself straight might be attracted to the opposite sex 95% of the time but find someone of the same gender attractive in a rare situation. It also helps to explain why there was a spike in male homosexual behaviour when women weren't available (because if everyone were as 100% straight as many claim to be, there'd've been a lot more blue balls back in the day).

The issue of gay marriage really irks me, particularly because of how people approach it. Point blank: It's no one else's business. If your church/religion/sensibilities do not approve, too bad. It doesn't hurt anyone for couples of the same sex to be allowed the same privileges as couples composed of two people of the opposite sex. Let me repeat: It does not hurt anyone. The current rates of divorce, child abuse/abandonment and who knows what else came about in societies that glorify heterosexuality. Someone explain to me why that's something to be proud of.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luxord
post Apr 30 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #26

The Idiot of GTS.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 212

My Fantasy Team

@Vssakj

im bisexual as well and i totally agree with everythying you just said ^^

em I have no idea why people have such a big deal if it doesnt harm them then why should it bother them

--------------------
Everyone is still HERE happy.gif
+Quote Post

PeachyMomo
post May 2 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #27

Cuddlemaster.
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 423

Canine Dream Team

I find the argument that homosexuality is not natural and a choice totally illogical and thoughtless. First of all, heterosexuals, could you force yourself to have sex with a member of the same sex and enjoy it? Could you fall in love [although I believe all people have the ability to love regardless of sex or gender], start a life, raise children, get married and be happy? I really doubt it. Not only that, but choosing to be discriminated against, beaten, murdered, raped, arrested, experimented on, abused... isn't something most people would do. Also, it is prevalent in many animal species - many, many, many animal species, including primates. Arguing it is not natural and a choice seems like not thinking.

For those that believe homosexuality is wrong because it is written in the bible, try thinking for yourselves and doing a little research at least before condemning and judging mindlessly before basing your opinion on a book written thousands of years ago by people who condoned beating your children or even killing your children for "sinning" - but for forbidding eating cloven-hoofed animals. It's probably easy to discriminate when you are on the top of the food chain, a white heterosexual worshiping the most powerful religion in the world. That doesn't make you NOT arrogant and foolish however. Not only that, but there are many other religions and beliefs - why is yours so much better? Keep it out of other people's lives, and definitely out of the law. Humans are humans first, and sexuality should not matter. And those that believe it is ruining the definition of marriage, you should check and see how often it has already changed.

Homosexuality is not harming anyone. Unfortunately, heterosexuals who think so are the only ones being harmful. I just don't see how it's anyone's business. And also... it's unfair to say, "It's okay to be gay as long as you keep it to yourself" when heterosexuals are open about their relationships and sexuality every day. Another double standard I can't stand.

I also don't understand why heterosexuals' physical and sexual disgust is okay, but they display heterosexuals kissing and having sex, etc. all the time in the media. Personally, I squirm a bit, but I am no heterophobe; it's just my natural reaction, but I grin and bear it - and I appreciate love in all forms. Why can't heterosexuals?

Of course, sadly, there is some discrimination from homosexuals against bi/pansexuals as well. And against transgenders/genderqueers. It's just sad how divided everyone has to be over something so petty.

This post has been edited by PeachyMomo: May 2 2009, 06:31 PM

--------------------

I'd be happy to click back :]
I always click back full parties. I also click new pokemon/eggs you add to your party throughout the day.

Dream Team.

Claims (click to show)
Squiby - Please Click (click to show)
Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

aiadonyx
post May 2 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #28

Super Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 333

A nice set indeed

Any sexuality that takes place between consenting adults and does not directly promote any kind of abusive behavior is completely kosher in my book.

--------------------
+Quote Post

petrus
post May 3 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 293

Active Squad

anyone who thinks it's a choice really knows nothing at all about it. and that's all i'm saying on the matter.

--------------------

^_______________________^

+Quote Post

Atom
post May 3 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #30

I AM THE KING OF ITALY
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 925

My Slaves

As a gay person, I would like to ask some people:

What is there not to understand about bisexuality? Is it really that hard to wrap your mind around? It's like saying you can only like black or white, and you can't like grey. What's wrong with liking grey?

How dare anyone say one's sexuality is not "real". You don't get to decide other people's sexualities for them. Only they do.

This post has been edited by Crunch: May 3 2009, 01:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jorian
post May 3 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #31

GTS+ Steel Gym Leader and Pokii's Follower!
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 876

The Swarm

I'm hetero myself, nothing bad or wrong with anything else, just not me ^^

--------------------

<--Zenzai's happy.gif (With permish)

GPX Party----> Gym Thread ----> Drag Cave---->

Gym Badges (click to show)
+Quote Post

Luxord
post May 3 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #32

The Idiot of GTS.
Group Icon

My Fantasy Team

QUOTE(Crunch @ May 3 2009, 07:52 PM) *
As a gay person, I would like to ask some people:

What is there not to understand about bisexuality? Is it really that hard to wrap your mind around? It's like saying you can only like black or white, and you can't like grey. What's wrong with liking grey?

How dare anyone say one's sexuality is not "real". You don't get to decide other people's sexualities for them. Only they do.

agreed

--------------------
+Quote Post

PBK
post May 3 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 18 945

Active Squad

First off, I think it's a bit one-sided to assume that Christians are the only ones against homosexuality. Even the Dalai Lama sees it as unnatural.

Next- Anyone who says that being gay is a choice, obviously isn't gay. I assure you. I wouldn't /choose/ to feel this way. I think we need to draw the line when it comes to the bible here- gay sexual activities are prohibited. Now, being gay is defined in modern days as being attracted to someone of the same sex. So, I think that it is important to articulate between homosexual acts, and those who are homosexually attracted, when speaking in biblical terms.

The way I see it, we should just remove marriage from the gov't lingo. Make everything a civil union. That way, each couple will have the same civil rights and religious institutions can choose for themselves whom they will marry. Many would view marriage as a religious ritual, so I don't think that it would be right to force churches to perform a ritual incorrectly (of course, there are church's who /will/ marry gay people and they should be allowed to do so.)

When it comes to being a Christian, I don't think that Christians should become involved in a homosexual manner. After all, there are plenty of passages that condemn that lifestyle. However, this shouldn't be pushed upon other people. Why? Because it's a religious law... some religions don't allow certain meats to be consumed, others limit people in other way. But, why shouldn't I eat beef if I don't consider it sacred? I think the crux of Christianity is to love other people. Love is patient, love is kind...etc, etc, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Verity Lily
post May 4 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #34

Butterfree Farm
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 11 834

Heart Gold

@PBK - Sure, there are verses that heavily condemn anal sex (NOT lesbianism, unless you really TRY to twst some lines by Paul that way) not other male-male acts, and no get-out-of-hell-fee card for het anal sex). There's also verses condemning, explicitly and repeatedly, premarital sex. The difference is, the verses are used against gay Christians. Next time I see a minister faced with a bride and groom who have been living together and, instead of performing the wedding ceremony, he has the bride brought to the door of her father's house and killed by flinging rocks at her, then I'll accept that the verses against male anal sex need to be taken seriously in a contemporary context.

As it is, it's people picking and choosing to support their own phobias, prejudices and hatreds, and I won't pretend to treat it as "the Bible says" instead of "The bits of the Bible that support my/my society's ugly prejudices, while conveniently ignoring any verses about the need to fence my roof, for example, says."

I'm a also little startled and sickened by all the "it makes me gag" posts, but I'm assuming that the posters are very young and probably very inexperienced, and hopefully they will learn more about life and be horrified by themselves when they've matured a bit.

--------------------

Legendaries (click to show)

group banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Luxord
post May 4 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #35

The Idiot of GTS.
Group Icon

My Fantasy Team

QUOTE(PBK @ May 4 2009, 02:14 AM) *
First off, I think it's a bit one-sided to assume that Christians are the only ones against homosexuality. Even the Dalai Lama sees it as unnatural.

Next- Anyone who says that being gay is a choice, obviously isn't gay. I assure you. I wouldn't /choose/ to feel this way. I think we need to draw the line when it comes to the bible here- gay sexual activities are prohibited. Now, being gay is defined in modern days as being attracted to someone of the same sex. So, I think that it is important to articulate between homosexual acts, and those who are homosexually attracted, when speaking in biblical terms.

The way I see it, we should just remove marriage from the gov't lingo. Make everything a civil union. That way, each couple will have the same civil rights and religious institutions can choose for themselves whom they will marry. Many would view marriage as a religious ritual, so I don't think that it would be right to force churches to perform a ritual incorrectly (of course, there are church's who /will/ marry gay people and they should be allowed to do so.)

When it comes to being a Christian, I don't think that Christians should become involved in a homosexual manner. After all, there are plenty of passages that condemn that lifestyle. However, this shouldn't be pushed upon other people. Why? Because it's a religious law... some religions don't allow certain meats to be consumed, others limit people in other way. But, why shouldn't I eat beef if I don't consider it sacred? I think the crux of Christianity is to love other people. Love is patient, love is kind...etc, etc, etc.

ha I chose and I do choose to be bi.... I never once thought of it before.. then tried it and liked it... its not like an addiction i can stop being gay... obv not the case for every one but how can you sit there and make up everyones minds???

--------------------
+Quote Post

StarShinePachiri...
post May 5 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 479

Miki's Party

I'm bisexual, and I'm Christian I see nothing wrong with Bisexuality, or even homosexuality.

Despite being attracted to both genders, I would not likely perform the forbidden act. But being attracted is no sin. There are more ways than one to show love than just marriage and I'm aware of that. Heck, I've even got a girlfriend. I'm a one person man anyways, so it's not like I'm going to be hunting more mates.

Christians who persecute Homosexuals and bisexuals I cannot stand. Let God be the final judge of who is right and wrong. cat.gif

The way I feel about it, is something I wont bother to push on anyone, and I feel Other Christians should do the same, and avoid pushing it on them, and actually treat them with love, as the bible says they should.

--------------------

My Eggs: Please Click them, I do return clicks at a 1:1 rate, with a few rules: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Suschan
post May 5 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #37

DUDE! Did you just say Viewtiful?~
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 690

CLAM SPAH'S

Well me not being much of a believer in god, but I'll share my thoughts.

I personaly have nothing against one's sexuality, I have Bi/homosexual friends...and they are quite normal people like you and me. No difference.

But one of my male friends is a homophobe, of the MALE kind. This remotely annoys me, because he sees everything wrong in being a man together with another man, but no wrong in girls dating eachother.
I am supportive for same genger marriage. (Hey love knows no bounds right?)
I am worried about adoptions, but not that if the children wouldn't get enough love...just if the children are too much bullied because of parents being of the same genger. (Otherwise, please do give children homes, they NEED them)

The stereotypical version of gay people appearing on tv, well amuses me...because well I know not all of the real gays act that way. Even everybodies best friend can be gay and still act normal...not act like a girly guy who owns a little poodle with a pretty boy AND wear girls clothes. (or something similar, and I know that's not the complete stereotype)

On the bibble subject, I respect people of their beliefs but I believe the bibble shouldn't be taken to word by word. It (in my mind, I don't mean to offend so no flames) is a book written by humans FOR humans.
Besides even if our reproduction might be a little lowered, still many many singles or couples who are heterosexuals still don't get children or even get married. Some that get just dump them of other people.

I believe that was my longest post on the foorum. Don't mind typos or grammar, english ain't my mother tongue!

EDIT: corrected a typo in the bibble subject

This post has been edited by Suschan: May 5 2009, 02:11 AM

--------------------

~Click em' I'll click you back!
I update my signature frequently

Currently Breeding: Nothing at the moment

My Dragon Cave Scroll is always welcome to visitors
Character quiz results (click to show)
+Quote Post

PeachyMomo
post May 5 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #38

Cuddlemaster.
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 423

Canine Dream Team

QUOTE(Suschan @ May 5 2009, 02:52 AM) *
Well me not being much of a believer in god, but I'll share my thoughts.

I personaly have nothing against one's sexuality, I have Bi/homosexual friends...and they are quite normal people like you and me. No difference.

But one of my male friends is a homophobe, of the MALE kind. This remotely annoys me, because he sees everything wrong in being a man together with another man, but no wrong in girls dating eachother.
I am supportive for same genger marriage. (Hey love knows no bounds right?)
I am worried about adoptions, but not that if the children wouldn't get enough love...just if the children are too much bullied because of parents being of the same genger. (Otherwise, please do give children homes, they NEED them)

The stereotypical version of gay people appearing on tv, well amuses me...because well I know not all of the real gays act that way. Even everybodies best friend can be gay and still act normal...not act like a girly guy who owns a little poodle with a pretty boy AND wear girls clothes. (or something similar, and I know that's not the complete stereotype)

On the bibble subject, I respect people of their beliefs but I believe the bibble should be taken to word by word. It (in my mind, I don't mean to offend so no flames) is a book written by humans FOR humans.
Besides even if our reproduction might be a little lowered, still many many singles or couples who are heterosexuals still don't get children or even get married. Some that get just dump them of other people.

I believe that was my longest post on the foorum. Don't mind typos or grammar, english ain't my mother tongue!

I agree with everything stated here. I hate when a person discriminates against either just gay men or just lesbians simply because they are horny bastards who wants to see two guys/two girls together for their own exploitation and pleasure.

I also hate that stereotypical gay on TV. The reason that was created and is so rampant was to make heterosexuals more comfortable with gay men, because when it's "funny" or just "comic relief" it's more comfortable to them. Not to mention that the stereotypical gay man in media is apparently an object to women; someone you only want for "fashion advice" and all this bullshit. That stereotype doesn't really treat gay men like real people and I think causes more harm than good - I know many people who rely on this stereotype. Honestly, what they are displaying seems more like the stereotype you'd think they'd give to Male-to-Female transgenders because they call themselves "girls" and "queens." It's disgusting to think about it either way, though.

Not to mention the only kind of lesbian they feature in the media is the "lipstick lesbian" stereotype, because heterosexual men are more comfortable with that, and apparently find it arousing.

Gah - -;

--------------------

I'd be happy to click back :]
I always click back full parties. I also click new pokemon/eggs you add to your party throughout the day.

Dream Team.

Claims (click to show)
Squiby - Please Click (click to show)
Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rairai
post May 5 2009, 02:10 AM
Post #39

Dog-Watching, Bird-Catching Puppy
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 387

Sapphire Team

Having grown up with close friends who are of varying sexualities (with myself being the only 'straight' person in my group of friends) I have become very open to them. In fact, though I'm not bi- or homosexual myself, I am extremely comfortable with being openly romantic and PDAish with people whom I consider friends (I.e. I often walk around holding my friends hands or share a bed with them or sit in their laps)

At school, being called 'gay' is just a playful jest. It is surprisingly open for a high school I've found, but it is also a nice change. Our christian group is mostly all for any relationships, even though there are a few who oppose (they do so quietly and kindly and we respect that) and even quite a few of our teachers are openly gay (two of our male PE teachers are known for being a couple and spend a lot of time teaching classes together).

All in all, it's a case of 'you can't choose who you love', which applies for everyone about everyone else.

--------------------

Click all mine, I'll click all yours~
Everyone gets click-backs. It earns me moneys to buy thunderstones >D

/is aiming for all bird- and dog-type pokemon.

In Daycare
(And breeding)
x
fxm

Level 100's (click to show)
+Quote Post

Verity Lily
post May 5 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #40

Butterfree Farm
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 11 834

Heart Gold

@Peachymomo:

I don't think men like that actually like REAL lesbians. They'd probably go rigid with terror and hatred at the sight of unshaved female legs. The same goes for fangirls who write Harry Potter slashfic or squee over "bishies" in yaoi - they don't actually tend to be very gay-friendly when it comes to real gay men or have pictures of hairy leather men up in their rooms. Fantasy "lipstick" lesbians and bishies are created with straight masturbation in mind, but real gay people don't need the opposite sex, and show it every day. Scary, huh?

@Susachan: kids get bullied for all kinds of reasons. People have silly ideas about adopted children, and think it's a case of sweet little babies smelling of talcum powder given up by loving, but poor, single mothers to be adopted by rich heterosexual couples. A child adopted by a same-sex couple at least won't be bullied for going to school stinking of congealed excrement and dried sweat and rotting teeth, or for severe behavioural problems linked to abuse and neglect, which is sadly par for the course for children who get taken away by social workers and offered for adoption. Being born to het families doesn't exactly save them from bullying.

I think kids are far better off in a loving, supportive same-sex family than in a lot of the heteosexual fmailies out there.

--------------------

Legendaries (click to show)

group banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:03 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.